Party Preparation

Uptown Woman

The day passed and soon it was Friday.

“That one, hang it higher!” Narsha shouted, pointing at the decorating ribbon at the ballroom.

It was still morning and the party start in the evening, but Narsha has been shouting around the ballroom, all the staff looked at her and looked away to shook their head.

Narsha has this sickness when she is the party master. She is going to be nervous until the party ended.

“Where is Hara?” She asked the staff who is hanging the decorations balloon.

“Miss Goo? I saw her around, I guess.” The staff replied, shrugged his shoulder.

Narsha walked pass the staff and dial a number. “Where are you?”

“Right at your back,” Hara replied.

Narsha turned around and found Hara standing behind her with things on her hand. “Good, I need you to check all our guest list one more time.”

“You told me that last night and the day before. How many times do you want me to check on guest list?” Hara stared at her. Does Narsha know how hard it is to focus on names and not to mention all the same one? Skimming those again and again? Her eyes were so tired.

“You have to check it again and again. I don’t want a failure today. Not today!” Narsha skipped away.

Hara sighed and left Narsha to check the list.

“Where is Jea?!” Narsha yelled.

“I’m here~” Jea jumped towards her.

“What about the drinks?” Narsha asked.

“Martinis, wines, and champagnes. Everything is prepared.” Jea assured.

“Good.” Narsha nodded her head, sipping her champagne.

“Do you want me to refill the champagne for you?” Jea asked.

“No, I’ve enough. And thank you for asking,” Narsha said, walking in her shirt and pencil skirt. “Now please re-check the food and drink list, Jea.”

“Okay, Narsha.” Jea walked away to do her job.

“Hyomin!” Narsha shouted, putting down the champagne on the bar table.

“Yes, Narsha?” Hyomin showed up, hands full with dresses.

“What are those for?” Narsha asked, pointing the dresses.

“Well, some of our workers don’t have a proper dress for tonight, so they asked whether they can borrow some or not. But this is not mine, actually.”

“Whose then it is?”

“I borrowed it from my sister’s boutique. Some pleased with the dressed and planning to buy it.” Hyomin explained.

“I see.” Narsha nodded her head. “So, how are the lights?”

“Perfect,” Hyomin answered. “Please, Narsha, take a deep breath and look, everything is in its place.” Hyomin patted Narsha’s back. “You could kill people by just looking at them.”

“I know,” Narsha nodded. “I’m just… I want everything to go perfect.”

“And it will.” Hyomin assured. “Everyone is here to help and do their job,”

“You can always assure me, Hyomin,” Narsha said thankfully. “Now I have to find Hara to tell her re-check the guests list!” Narsha stomped out from the ballroom.

“Poor Hara,” Hyomin mumbled.

“I agree with you,” Kikwang said, popped out beside Hyomin.

“Don’t get too close to me, Mister!” Hyomin then walked away from him.

“Why? What did I do?!” Kikwang asked as he followed Hyomin.

 

 

 

 

“I know, Sica, I know.” Hara said as she arranging her stuff.

“Well, good that you know!” Jessica shrilled on the other line.

“Oh my God, Sica, don’t shrill! You know you shrill like a dolphin!” Hara complaint as she saw Narsha walking out from the ballroom. “Call you later, honey!” Hara turned around and called Narsha, “Narsha!”

“There you are,” Narsha said, walking towards her.

“Are you looking for me?” Hara asked confusedly.

Narsha nodded her head firmly. “Re-check the guests list.”

Hara felt as if she would fall down to the floor in the minutes Narsha told her. “Again!?” Hara shouted in depression. “I’m still traumatic with the guest name the last time I checked it.” Hara whined.

“Oh, come on,” Narsha rolled her eyes. “Your job is to listen to me. You know that right?”

“I know it well.” Hara sighed. “Fine,” She gave up. “I’ll re-check it for the last time.”

“Good.” Narsha said, leaving Hara again.

Hara sighed, back to checking the names.

Her phone rang again and she picked it up without looking the screen names.

“Hey,” The voice greeted coolly.

Hara stopped her eyes from checking and put down her pen. “What do you want?” After a long moment, Hara calmed herself and said, “I’m kind of busy right now. So, if you want to talk—”

“I want you to be my date tonight.” He stopped her from talking. “There, I said it.”

Hara pressed one of her hand onto her forehead. “Seriously? Are you crazy?” She asked agitatedly.

“Nope, I’m sober.” He said. “Well, I’ll pick you up at seven.”

“I won’t be at my apartment, dummy,” Hara said, closing her eyes to stop herself from cursing the man. “I’m at the ballroom where the party will be hold, and I’m working right now.”

“Aren’t you going to change your clothes?” He asked. “I’m pretty sure you’re working wearing a working suit.”

“Keep thinking but I still won’t go with you.” Hara said. “And I’m really busy right now.”

“Hmm,” That’s all he can say. “I’ll meet you there, then, Hara.”

“That’s better, Mr. Yong,” She said and quickly hung up. She looked her phone screen and asked herself, “Since when do I have his number?”