Goodbye party

When Your Boyfriend Got Married
I went out to get some fresh air. I looked at the city lights in front of me and smiled widely. I can't believe they did this for me. I was too happy and overwhelmed by the surprise party.
 
The moment the lights went on and the music played loudly, I can't feel and think of anything else aside from being happy. All of the people I love and care the most in this country are here with me, saying that they'll miss me and wishing me a safe trip back home. What's more special is that it was organized by my dear SHINee friends.
 
"Not me! This was all planned by them!" Jinhee said, pointing to the SHINee members, when I asked her why would she do this. At first I thought it was her and Mark who planned this (Well, they have done the same before, during that coming-of-age day). I looked at the other side where the SHINee members are and they just smiled shyly (except for Key who smiled proudly with a shrug). I can't help but let out an 'awww~' with that, and hugged them as thanks.
 
Everyone ate dinner together after the surprise. After that, Jonghyun went in front, grabbed a microphone, and announced to start the party. He went beside the DJ and played the lively music together. Everyone danced on the dance floor with their drinks on hand. From time to time I would be surrounded by different groups of friends. It was fun! But after a while I just got tired and had the urge to go out. There's just too much people around and I think I need time alone to regain my energy.
 
And so here I am, alone in the balcony, looking at the scenery that is peaceful and-- "Oh my god!" I jumped in shock when I noticed a person beside me and looking at me. I breathed in to calm my pounding heart. It was just Taemin, not a ghost or anything.
 
He laughed at my action before looking at the city lights in front of us.
 
"You scared me! Argh! Why do you keep on doing that?!" I said with a chuckle before looking back at the scenery.
 
"Why are you here alone?" He asked back.
"Hmm..nothing. I just want some air."
"Were you surprised earlier?" I looked at him in surprise.
"Was that not obvious?! I was totally surprised!" We both laughed.
"Were you happy?" He looked at me.
"Of course I am." I looked away.
It was quiet for a while. Until he asked another question.
 
"Will you miss us?" I looked at him and he's just looking in front.
"Of course." I answered after a while. I suddenly felt sad.
"Then, can't you stay a little longer?"
"I want to, but I can't. You all know it, I'm required to go back."
"You'll still contact us, right?"
"Yes." He suddenly smiled, like he was thinking of some evil plans.
 
"Will you watch us if we performed in your country?" He looked at me with that smile.
"Of course! Why wouldn't I?!"
"Will you treat us to a meal?"
"Huh? Uhm, if you'll be allowed, then why not?!"
"Do you like chocolates?"
"Huh? Haha! Yes!"
"Do you like ice cream?"
"Yes!"
"Do you like cakes?"
"Yes! Why are you asking these? Now, I'm craving for sweets!" We both laughed.
 
"Do you still like me?" He suddenly sounded serious, but still with that smile.
"Huh?" I said softly. I was shocked.
He just chuckled softly and looked back in the scenery.
"Taemin...why are we on--"
"Don't answer. It's okay. I'm sorry for asking." He said quickly with an embarrassed smile.
"I'm sorry, I said before that I won't ask things like this again, but here I am again. I won't promise that I won't ask you this again next time. Because I don't think I can keep that promise." He continued with a small smile.
If you continued to act this way... I don't know anymore...
"Taemin..."
 
We were both startled to suddenly hear a kid crying and whining loudly. We both look behind and saw a mother comforting her kid who's crying so loud. The kid looks like he just woken up from his sleep. Actually, they look familiar...
 
"Oh my god! Look who's here?!" The mother said excitedly as she pointed us to her little boy.
 
"Oh waah! It's Monmon!" I said excitedly as I ran to them, dragging Taemin along.
 
Taemin and I made playful expressions, trying to make him stop from crying. But he suddenly cried louder. We were both startled that we all laughed.
 
"Oh my! I think he doesn't remember us anymore." I said.
 
His mother went on explaining who we are and soon enough, he stopped from crying.
 
"Do you want to play?" I asked cutely as he get down from his mother's arms. He then started running and I followed him.
"Where are you going?" I asked and followed him around, talking and playing with him.
 
I suddenly became a baby sitter, but it's fine. It's fun playing with little kids anyway!
 
We've been playing for a while and I wondered what Taemin and Ms. Kim we're doing. I looked behind and saw the two sitting comfortably on one of the benches and talking. What were they talking about? I want to hear it.
 
I brought Monmon closer to where they are so that I can eavesdrop on their conversation.
 
"No, not yet. Hehehe I haven't given up yet."
"What if she really does want to end it?"
"I...don't know. I still have high hopes. Maybe if nothing happens in 3 years, then I'll give up."
"Wow! 3 years, that's a long wait! Haha!"
 
Someone came in and their conversation ended. Monmon ran to that man happily and jumped into his arms.
 
"I support you all the way, good luck!" She said softly before going to her husband. Her husband kissed her softly on the cheeks and whispered something.
 
"Oh by the way, this is my husband. These are Anna and Taemin. I already told you about them before, right?" She introduced us happily.
 
They bid goodbye to us and left.
 
"Aww.. such a cute family." I said as I walk to the bench. Then I heard Taemin say something with a soft chuckle.
"What did you say?" I asked as I sat down on the bench.
"Huh? Nothing." He said. But I swear I heard him say something like 'We'll be like them too.'
 
We just sat there quietly when he suddenly took out his phone and took a picture of me.
"Hey!" I said. He almost dropped his phone when I hit his arms. We panicked a little, then we just laughed.
"Aish! You'll buy me another phone if I dropped this." He said.
"Why would I? You're the careless one who dropped the phone."
"But you hit me. And that's why the phone dropped."
"Oh. Sounds legit. Anyway, the phone didn't drop so no problem! Hahaha!"
 
He then took another picture.
"Ay!! Stop it!" He shook his head no.
I was about to hit him again when he pulled me closer and took a selfie.
I looked at the picture and I looked so shocked!
"Argh! Delete that!" I said.
"Then let's just take another one." He said and we both posed for the camera. We took several pictures together.We even stood up and went back to the railings of the balcony to get a better background view.
 
"Now delete the first picture." I reminded.
"Nope. That's a treasure." He said then laughed. I just glared at him.
He then placed a hand on my eyes, like wiping off the glare. He also pinched my cheeks and pulled it up, forcing a smile on my face. He laughed loudly. I pinched his arms as hard as I could as revenge. I laughed in triumph.
 
He was about to pinch both my arms too when I noticed someone taking photos on the side. I held his arms to stop him and made him face on the railings.
 
"I think someone's taking pictures of you." I whispered. He looked so shocked and was about to look back when I stopped him.
"Don't look back."
"It's okay, I'll just talk to them."
 
He then walked to where the two girls holding up their phone were. I heard giggles and soft screams as he walked to them.
 
I went closer to them too.
 
"Hi." He said with an angelic smile.
"Are you SHINee's fans?" The two girls nodded happily.
"Then, can I ask you a favor?" The two girls nodded again.
"Can you delete the photos you took a while ago? The one with this friend." He pointed to me.
"This friend is a very private person and I don't want to cause her trouble. I'll take a photo with the two of you in exchange." He said kindly.
The two girls looked at each other before smiling widely. Taemin went behind them to see if they're really deleting the photos.
 
"Wait!" He suddenly said when he saw the photo the girls were about to delete.
"Aish..those were good shots. Aww..such a waste. Uhm..wait." He said as he put out his phone.
"Can you send it to me first before deleting it?" He sounded so excited.
"Argh! I bet I look funny again in that photos! That's why you want to keep it, huh?" I said as I try to glance at their screens. But Taemin blocks me all the time, I just gave up.
The two girls were giggling all the time. The smile never fades in their faces.
"Now you can delete all of it. Thank you very much!" He said with a warm smile.

One girl handed me her phone, like asking me to take their picture. Taemin chuckled, then he took the camera and insisted to take the photo himself. The two girls were so excited and happy as they took photos with him.
Lucky girls! I bet their friends would envy them!
 
"As expected, SHINee fans are really kind! Thank you for doing the favor!" Taemin said with a smile as he waves goodbye to the fans.
"Oh! Oppa, can I ask one question? Is she your girlfriend? We promise not to tell anyone if you admit it to us!" The girl asked expectantly.
 
We both looked at each other and chuckled.
"No, we're just friends." He said as he gave me a shoulder bump. It sounded so honest and hearing it from him kind of hurt, actually.
"Really? But you look good together!"
"Wow! It's rare to hear that from a fan. Wouldn't most fans immediately hate on the girl?" I said in shock.
We all laugh. The two girls left after a while and we were left alone again.
 
We were just sitting their quietly and looking at different directions. I don't know how long we were like that. But it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable in any way. But every time I remember him saying that we're just friends, I suddenly feel suffocated.
 
Key then came and called us out.
"Let's go back in. Most of them are about to go home." He quickly went back inside after he said that.
 
I stood up and stretched my arms and reached for the stars. I suddenly felt the denim jacket close to my body. I looked down to my waist and saw a pair of hands holding and closing the denim jacket from behind. Then I remembered, I was wearing cropped shirt. The shirt must have went up when I stretched my arms. I chuckled.
 
"Sorry...uhh..thank you?" I said as I looked back at him. I actually don't know what to say to him for covering up my exposed skin. We both chuckled.
 
"Let's go." I said. But was suddenly stopped by Taemin.
"Hm?" I said as I looked back.
 
He then hugged me warmly. I looked around in panic, thinking that there could be other people that might misunderstand this. He then hugged me tighter.
 
"I will miss you so much!" He said as he swayed me left and right while being in his arms.
 
I also hugged him back...as tight as I could. I chuckled, but I feel like crying. We stayed like this for a while as we chuckled randomly. We definitely look like weirdos now, I know it!
 
We let go at the same time and laughed at each other. I quickly turned around. I know a tear would fall in no time. I started to walk to the door as I wiped my eyes before tears fall.
 
"Let's go! They're all waiting!" I said without looking at him. I heard him follow and we went back inside together.
 
Key saw us immediately as we entered and started to drag me in front. He got the microphone and the music softened a bit.
 
"Hi everyone! Thank you for coming for this surprise party with just a short notice. Now, let's hear Anna for a short message. Anna?" He said looking at me and handing the microphone to me. I was in a state of shock. What should I say?
 
"Why? What should I say?" I asked Key in panic. He just patted me on the back and went on the side together with the other SHINee members. I looked at them one by one and all of them just looked at me with wide smile.
 
"Uhh? Now what? Hahaha" Everyone laughed with me (or at me).
 
"Well, first, I'd like to thank all of you for the surprise. It was touching to see all of you here. I feel loved. Really! ... It was really a great experience coming to this country and meeting people like you. I won't forget you all. And I hope you won't forget about me either! We'll see each other again! I promise you that! You are all welcome to visit me at home and I'll treat you all like kings and queens! Hahaha! But seriously, I'll miss all of you! Thank you so much for keeping up with me in good and bad times. You are the best people in this world!" I heard 'awws' and other various reactions in every sentence I say. I actually don't know how to end this. I'm not really used to giving speeches like this!
 
"The end. Haha! Let's stop this now. I don't know what to say anymore. Kibum?" I called him out and handed him the microphone.
 
"Aww...we will miss you a lot, Anna! Now, to end this night, well, if you want to stay after this you can still stay, but yeah. Haha. Let's watch this video prepared by our Minho-goon!"
 
What? I looked at Minho in surprise and hugged him in thanks.
 
The video started with a clip taken months ago when they had a concert in 2012. I didn't even know he's recording it! It was a video of me being crazy with the other members. Then pictures of me and my other friends flashed. Most of the pictures are candid shots. I don't even remember those photos being taken! The video have this fun and dreamy background music. I should feel happy watching it, but tears threatened to escape my eyes. I have this wide smile on my face but my eyes are already watery.
 
I felt a shoulder bump from my right, it was Taemin. He have this wide smile like he's teasing me for crying. Then he pointed on my other side, it wa sJonghyun who have the same expression as me, he has this wide smile but watery eyes too. Jonghyun and I looked at each other. We both laughed and a tear quickly escaped my eyes. Soon, his tears also fell. We just laughed at each other. I quickly wiped the tears falling from my eyes, but they just wouldn't stop! I felt someone handling me tissues from behind. It was Onew, he has this warm brotherly smile that comforts me. I took the tissue and he patted my head like I'm a kid.
 
The video ended with a clip of me waving and saying goodbye. It was just recent, during Jinhee and Mark's project. Everyone clapped and I saw some of my friends shedding tears. Key dragged me up the stage again and handed me the microphone. I quickly wiped the tears off my eyes and cleared my throat.
 
"Argh. Why would you ask me to speak again?" Everyone laughed with me. I looked at all of them looking at me. I grabbed my phone from my pocket.
"Can you all move closer together? I just want to take a photo of you guys!" They complied and I took several shots of them. It was lovely.
 
"Really. Thank you so much! I hate you all for making me cry in front of so many people! Aww... I'll miss you all!"
 
Key then grabbed the microphone from me and asked everyone to face at their back for a photo. We took several photos together before we went down stage and hugged everyone goodbye.
 
Soon enough, almost all of the guests were gone. It was just me, the SHINee members, and Jinhee and Mark. Jinhee and Mark pulled me away from the SHINee members before saying their goodbyes.
 
"Aww. I hate this. I'm crying a lot tonight!" Jinhee said, wiping the tears that threatens to escape her eyes. We all laughed.
"I'll miss you!" Jinhee said as she hugs me tight.
"Haha! Will still see each other tomorrow though. We live together." She suddenly let go of me and looked at me in confusion.
"You're not going home with Taemin?!" She asked in shock.
"What?! Why would I go home with him?" I looked at them in shock and embarrassment. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt embarrassed.
"Argh! I thought you two were back together!" Jinhee sighed deeply in dismay.
"Huh? Why would you think that?"
"We saw you two hugging tightly a while ago. Plus, this! It's all Taemin's plan. We thought you two were back together that's why he organized this." She said.
"Wow you are too hard to get!" Mark teased and chuckled.
"Can you just get back together! Aigoo! We all know, and you know it too, that you still want him back." Jinhee said.
"I'm sorry for making you feel frustrated. Hehe but seriously, I need time for myself. I'll deal with this when I found myself. Haha sorry for being weird. Please still love me as your friend."
Mark patted my head playfully and agreed to me.
"We'll wait 'til you find yourself. Make sure to tell us when you two get married huh!" He said teasingly. I hit his arms lightly and hugged him.
"Will we be coming home together?" Jinhee asked.
"I think I'll stay here for a little more. You go ahead, I have my keys anyway."
I hugged them goodbye before they left. I went back to where SHINee members are at. They were sitting in one round table, talking and teasing each other.
 
"Hi guys." I said as I sit in one chair in between Taemin and Key.
They all looked at me blankly and I was just looking at each one of them feeling awkward.
"Uhh...what?" Then they all laughed.
"Were you happy today?" Minho asked.
"Of course! How did you guys manage to organize this with the hectic schedule you have?!"
"Well, you are just that special to us!" Jonghyun said.
"What will you do tomorrow?" Key asked.
"Hm? I don't know. I've packed my things a week ago. Maybe I'll buy gifts for my family and friends back home."
"Can we come?" Key asked.
"Huh? But aren't you tired?"
"No. If it's shopping I'm always energized!" Key said and we all laughed.
"Aren't you guys going home?" I asked.
"Do you want us to go now?" Jonghyun playfully asked.
"Aren't you tired?"
"Are you tired?" Onew asked.
"Why are the questions coming back at me?"
"I wonder why too..." Jonghyun asked.
"Let's go. Actually the car's already waiting downstairs." Key said.
We all got up and I bid goodbye when all of them were about to board their van.
"Come on, we'll drop you off." Onew said. I was about to said no, but he insisted and pulled me in.
 
We arrived in front of our dorm and I went down. I was about to close the door of the van when someone stopped it from inside.
 
"Let Taemin walk you to your room." Key said.
"No. It's okay. You can just go home and rest." I said.
"Let's go." Taemin said as he held me by the arm and started walking.
"Huh? Okay."
 
We were walking so slowly until we reached our room. No one talked and it's too quiet around. I stopped in front of our door and faced him.
 
"Uhm.. Aren't you going?" I asked and he chuckled.
"I'll go when you're already inside."
"Uh..okay. Then..." I unlocked our door but I didn't go in yet. I was contemplating whether I should give him a hug, a kiss on the cheek, or just a plain goodbye/goodnight.
 
I looked back at him again and smiled before giving him a quick hug.
"Thank you...for walking me up to here...and for the surprise party as well." I said as I let go. He smiled and nodded.
 
"Go in." He said, and I did. I closed the door and leaned my ears to it. I can hear his footsteps fade. I went to my bed and laid down and just stared blankly in space.
 
It's the right decision. I convince myself once again.
 

hellooooo!

Thank you very much for all your love and support for this story :)

The next chapter would probably be the last

<3