Lights and sound

When Your Boyfriend Got Married

*dugun*dugun*dugun*dugun*

 

I’m so nervous. What if we got to see each other today…grrrr~ okay, let’s just be professional and pretend that there’s nothing wrong, like we don’t know each other personally.

 

I took a deep breath before we get off the van. It’s just about 2PM and we are again back in Saitama Arena for SHINee’s concert. My heart beats fast both from nervousness and excitement.

 

We were welcomed by Mr. Lee and some of the other staff. They guided us in and assigned us to different tasks. I was assigned to the lights and sound together with Jinhee. The two guys were assigned backstage, and the two other girls were assigned to monitor the cameras. At first they said we’ll just watch and help in monitoring the cameras, but in the end they assigned us to do other tasks because they need extra hand.

 

Well, good thing I was not assigned to handle stuff backstage. And I like to work with lights. I’m happy I was assigned to do this work. :)

 

Jinhee and I were exploring on the different buttons for the stage lights when I received a message from Mark. I smiled when I read his message.

 

From: Mark

         Your friends are being weird in their dressing room. Their dancing wildly and just being…dorks. Haha! I thought they were filming some behind-the-scene footage, but there’s no camera around. Are they really like this? Haha! They don’t seem that cool anymore

 

I begin to imagine the guys dancing weirdly. I think Key and Jjong are the dorkiest of them all! :P Haha!

I replied to him.

 

To: Mark

         Haha! That’s what makes them cool! Don’t you think? xD

 

From: Mark

         Well…I don’t know haha!

 

I didn’t reply on his last message because the lights and sound directors oriented us on the flow of the concert and how we’re going to operate the lights on specific parts of the concert. We were also reminded to wear our headphones to monitor if the microphones are working and if the volume is just enough.

 

After a few minutes of familiarizing ourselves on the buttons in front of us, and on the concert flow, the stage director called everyone’s attention to get ready for a rundown of the whole concert. We got really excited!

 

All the lights were turned off to prepare for the opening. A few minutes of background music and playful lights and SHINee entered the stage gorgeously. I nearly forgot that we need to operate the lights.

 

The sound of their voices outstand the sound of the loud music because of the headset we’re wearing. Their voices are really great even if I can’t hear the background music. Their voice alone is heaven.

 

I actually pressed some wrong buttons, but good thing it didn’t really affected badly on the whole appearance of the stage lights.

 

I can’t actually see them on stage because of the monitors in front of me that lets us see how the lights will appear and move around the stage. Plus, I’m focused on the buttons and the guide in front of me. I don’t want to mess this thing. It’s actually a good thing. Because, maybe, when I looked at them I’ll forgot that I’m not just an audience here. Hahaha!

 

The concert practice ended and it was great! It’s like the real concert! Well, except for the fact that the guys are wearing casual clothes and just have their first layer of stage make up. I got to see them before they left the stage. They thanked and bowed to the staff just like how they thank the audience at the end of their concert.

 

Just after they got off the stage, I heard someone say something like ‘I think I saw Anna’. It was a bit loud and out of panic, I quickly turned all the microphones off. Most of the staff looked at me, including my friends that are also nearby.

 

The sounds director approached our booth. I thought he’ll ask something about what we have heard, but it’s not.

 

“Hey, remember to turn their microphones off immediately after every performance, okay? We don’t want something like that happen later. Anyway, good job girls, keep that up! Good luck later! Just do your best!” He said with a warm smile and left our booth immediately.

 

Whew~ good thing they didn’t really paid attention to what was said.

 

Then, my friends started to text me, asking if they have heard it right. I just ignored them.

 

But Mark’s message is different.

 

From: Mark

         Haha! Jjong looked funny when he realized he said that with his microphone still on!

 

I smiled at that. Haha! I can imagine Jjong’s expression! Sometimes he can be a bit stupid. :P

 

~~

 

“Everyone! We are 30 minutes late! Can we fix everything up so we can let the crazy fans in? Com’on guys! Double time! Double time!”

 

One of the stage directors shouted in his megaphone, panic and anger can be felt, but he still looks calm.

 

There were some technical difficulties that happened on the last run through of the concert. The microphones keep going off, recorded music jumps in some parts, and I kept on missing the timing of the stage lights. Everyone did their job to fix it the problem, and that’s the reason why we’re late.

 

“Backstage, get the SHINee guys ready in their positions. We’ll let the audience in.”

“Open the gates.”

 

I heard the director talk through the radio device. Right after that, a screaming sound from a crowd can be heard as the audience enter the stadium. In just a matter of seconds, all seats were occupied and the screaming just keeps getting louder as they cheer for SHINee with excitement.

 

In a few minute, we will start. This is so exciting!

 

“Backstage! Backstage! Are the guys ready?! We’ll start in a while!” He called through his radio device again, but no response can be heard. Panic can now be seen in the director’s face.

 

Then he approached me, “Can you call your friend assigned at the backstage? My backstage staffs aren’t responding through their device.”

 

I quickly got my phone and dialled Mark’s number, but there was no response. Then I called Ivan, and there’s no response as well. I looked at the director worriedly.

 

He looked away and called through his radio device again.

 

“I’ll check backstage.” I presented as I stood from my seat.

 

“Thank you. Please be quick. We need to start now.” He said with both relief and worry.

 

I ran to the backstage, then suddenly I remember that the guys might see me if I go.

 

Argh! But I’m already here, I’ll just look for Mark or Ivan quickly. But where exactly are they? Uhmm.. Am I going at the right direction? Hul~ T__T

 

After a while of walking around the halls of the backstage, I concluded, I am lost.

 

I continued to walk and look for the guys as I tried calling them again.

 

Pick up, please~ urgh!

 

I bumped into someone. I quickly bowed and apologized quickly without looking. I need to find the guys.

 

But just as I was about to walk away, this guy held my arm to stop me.

 

“I was right! That was really you!” he said, and I immediately recognized that voice. I turned and cuped my hand in his mouth so he can’t be heard by anyone.

 

I dragged him to a corner before I released his mouth.

 

“Oppa, please don’t tell the other guys!” I whispered quickly.

 

He just looked at me with pure shock, I feel like laughing but the situation won’t allow.

 

“Huh. How can you greet me like this?! After you ran away--”

 

“Shhhh!” I cut him off by hushing him, he was talking so loud!

 

“Can you please speak softly? Other people might hear!” I said in a whisper.

 

“Okay!” He said in a hush tone.

 

“Before you talk continuously, let me start now. Please don’t tell the other guys I’m here, I just need a little more time before…before I talk to you guys again, especially Taemin. I’ll explain everything to you after this concert, but right now, you all need to go to your positions! The directors are all worried; we’re already late on schedule! And! Tell the backstage staffs to always keep their radio device near them and respond to every call. Got it?” I said in a hurry.

 

“Wow. You sound so professional. You sound like the other staffs here.” He said in awe, and then he smiled proudly.

 

“Arasso! Got it!” He said as he stood straight with a salute. I scoff and hit his head lightly.

 

“Go now! I need to run back to my booth.” Then I started walking away, but then I remembered, I looked back, “Oppa! Fighting~!” I said with a huge smile and a ‘fighting’ sign. :)

 

Then I ran quickly and carefully back to my position. Just in time, the lights dimmed and the crowd’s cheer became louder. I looked around to admire the color of the crowd. It is amazing to see SHINee’s color all over the stadium!

 

After a while, music started and we also started working on with the lights.

 

~~

 

The concert ended nicely. I felt happy and proud, both because of our good work and the SHINee’s great concert. :) This is so amazing! I can’t even find a word to describe this feeling, ‘amazing’ isn’t enough! Haha!

 

Just as our group were about to leave, the directors congratulated us and thanked us for our hard work. We bowed to each other, and also to thank them.

 

“Join us for dinner! It’s our treat! We do this every after the concert. All the staff and SHINee eat out to celebrate and relax after a tiring show.” Mr. Lee said with a warm smile.

 

Our group looked at each other before we agreed.

 

~~

 

I was nervous on the whole ride to the restaurant because of the fact that the SHINee  guys would also be joining us for dinner.

 

I texted the guys just to tell them in advance.

 

To: KKB <3; LJK^^; CMH; KJH

         Oppa! I need help! Are you having dinner with the concert staffs? We’re with them. Please, keep me away from the guys who don’t know I’m taking to you again! Please! T__T

 

I wrote the message like it was a personal one, not a group message. But Key replied to me, telling me that he’s guessing this was a group message. O.O How—oh! It’s because of the word ‘oppa’! I never called him oppa, tsk. >.<

 

From: KKB <3

         Anyway, there are a lot of people. We might even occupy the whole restaurant. Maybe we can keep Taemin far from you. Yeah, only Taemin. Jjong told me that you met earlier. Hah! He thought he’s the only one who knew you’re here! So I told him we all know, well, except Taemin. But don’t worry, we can handle this! ;)

 

I was shock for a while, but then I felt a slight relief because of what he said. They can back me up. I felt touched by that, but at the same time, I felt guilty. Taemin’s the only one who doesn’t know. I’m sorry, Taemin-ah…

 

~~

 

The restaurant is packed with people.  Key informed me that they are at the other far end of the restaurant so I dragged my group at the table near the door, joining with the other staffs that helped us in the lights and sound booth.

 

I felt nervous for the whole time we were there. I tried to keep myself composed even if I’m trying to be invisible. Good thing the guys kept updating me on where they are and what they’re doing, well, what Taemin’s doing.

 

I appreciate that, but it makes me feel guiltier. Should I just walk there and make it look like I was there coincidentally, then I’d greet them, ‘hey guys! Oh, hi there Taemin!’ No, that would be weird. Grr! Why am I feeling this way?!

 

“Can we go back to the hotel now? I’m not feeling well.” I whispered to Jinhee.

 

After a few goodbye’s and thank you’s, we left and went back to our hotel. It was about 2AM when we arrived.

 

I’m really feeling guilty. There’s a heavy feeling inside of me. Why am I really doing this?

 

I stared at the ceiling as I lay in my bed. I sighed and thought hard.

 

~~

 

It’s already 6AM and I’m still staring at my ceiling. I haven’t slept and I still can’t figure out this feeling I have.

 

What’s going on with me?! Arghhhhh!


Hey lovely readers! <3

Here's an update for you guys!

Hope you enjoyed reading it :)

~

Thank you for your lovely comments! I really appreciate it! :)

~

COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE.UPVOTE

~

Welcome to the new readers! :D Hope you're having fun!

~

<3