Coming-of-age

When Your Boyfriend Got Married

“You already know who you want to be with…I heard it all. I know it too…your wife weighs more in your heart now.” I forced a smile.

 

I ran out of the building and end up in a bench. I cried my heart out. Not caring about the other people around me. I just need to let this out of my chest.

 

I put my knees up and rest my head on it.

 

Then I felt someone wrap his arms around me. I stopped crying.

 

I couldn’t see his face, but I’m certain who it is.

 

“I’m sorry…”  I heard him say.

 

His embrace tightened and I just hugged him back.

 

“Please don’t leave me… I love you! I’m sorry! Please…” He pleaded.

 

I pulled away from our hug and faced him. He’s crying and I wiped the tears on his cheeks. He did the same to me.

 

And just when I’m about to hug him again, we came back to when he was hugging me a while ago, like the rewind button has been pushed.

 

“I’m sorry…” I heard him say.

 

His embrace tightened and I just hugged him back.

 

“And thank you…” He said. I was confused why he’d say thank you.

 

I pulled away harshly and I saw him smiling brightly.

 

I looked at him confusedly.

 

“Thank you for helping me decide… It’s just what I needed. Thank you…so much!” He said as he hugged me tightly again.

 

He let go quickly and ran. I looked back to follow where he’s heading…and there I saw his wife.

 

He hugged his wife tightly as soon as he reached her. Then they both looked at me and waved goodbye happily. What the—What’s happening?! O.O

 

Then I heard some laughing sound. I looked around but there’re no people around. Where’s that sound coming from?! Argh! It pisses me off! >.<

 

Then the laughing sound became more realistic and familiar. It was a laugh from the TV, when you’re watching funny shows; that laugh on the background.

 

I woke up and realized I was just dreaming a very realistic dream.

 

I saw Jinhee on the couch, watching some funny show.

 

“Oh you’re up! There’s food on the table if you’re hungry.” She said as she noticed me get off the bed.

 

I just smiled at her as I walk pass her to go to the bathroom.

 

I went to the table and ate some breakfast after I washed up. I stare blankly outside the window, thinking about that dream. I wonder how Taemin feels…sad? Happy? Confused?

 

I snapped out of my trance when I heard my phone vibrate harshly on the table.

 

I checked it, and once again, I’m shocked to see the number of missed calls and messages.

 

The calls are, again, from SHINee, and again, except for Taemin.

 

I decided to read the messages, including those I didn’t open last night.

 

From: The Almighlty  `´

           Hey! Where are you?! (sent 10 times)

           ~

           OMG. Anna! Please reply! (sent 5 times)

           ~

           I’m worried! T^T (sent 20 times)

           ~

           Taemin’s a jerk, we got it! But please don’t hate us all! (sent twice)

           ~

           You know you can trust me. Talk to me! (sent twice)

           ~

           Anna? (sent 10 times)

           ~

           Please? (sent 10 times)

           ~

           Aish!! Chinja!! What’s wrong with you?! Talk to us! Answer our calls and messages! (sent twice)

           ~

           5 more calls! If you still don’t answer, then you’re on your own! F.O.!

           ~

           Okay! I called you 5 times already! But forget about what I said earlier! Please! Just talk to us!

           ~

           Onew-hyung said that you need time to think…so I’ll give you time. I’ll call again tomorrow..Please…Chebal…talk to me

           ~

           Good morning! Are you feeling better now? ^^

 

 

From: The Flame_

           Kibum’s nagging on all of us…talk to him please…

           ~

           Anna! Taemin locked himself in his room…please talk to him (sent 5 times)

           ~

           I’m worried for the both of you! Please! Fix the problem (sent 5 times)

           ~

           Key’s going to explode soon O.O please! I’m begging you!

           ~

           Everyone’s quiet here…it’s a bit awkward…please talk to us

           ~

           I’m not on anyone’s side here…but please…talk to each other

           ~

           Taemin left without saying anything. Just want to let you know.

 

 

From: Rawr~ㅎㅅㅎ

           Heard what happened…

           ~

           How are you? (sent 5 times)

           ~

           Hey~ (sent 8 times)

           ~

           You okay? (sent 5 times)

           ~

           Talk…you just need to talk to each other ^^ it’ll be alright (sent twice)

           ~

           Taemin’s not answering my calls too…I’m worried (sent 5 times)

           ~

           Anna? (sent 5 times)

           ~

           We’re just here, okay? You can talk to us…

           ~

           Talk to us when you’re ready. But don’t take too long! ^^

 

 

From: Dubu  ^▽^

           Where did you go?

           ~

           Stay safe! Don’t hurt yourself! (sent thrice)

           ~

           I think you need more time to think. We’ll not consider what you said earlier

           ~

           Talk to us, okay? (sent thrice)

           ~

           Oh! By the way, you’re very fluent in Korean! I must talk to you in Korean now! ^^

           ~

           Do you know where Taemin is?? He’s not in the dorm nor in SM…please contact us when you see him…we’re all worried (sent 5 times)

 

 

I put down my phone and continued eating. I sat on my bed after and stared in space.

 

Where’s Taemin? Where would he go? Did he go to his wife? Haaaay~

 

I jumped as I felt Jinhee sitting next to me. I looked at her, expressionless.

 

“What’s the problem?” She asked worriedly as she my hair, just like a mother.

 

I smiled a bit.

 

“Com’on tell me…” She said softly.

 

I felt tears forming in my eyes and I looked down.

 

“We broke up…” I said weakly.

 

~

 

It has been a week now since we broke up. I stopped watching their performances and other shows ‘cause it just make sad and guilty.

 

I’m still not answering their calls and messages. But they didn’t stop from texting and calling me. Good thing they don’t know my address. I think Taemin didn’t tell them my university and dorm address.

 

I was fixing the pastries and fruits on display as I heard Jinhee call me.

 

I’m working part-time at this café where Jinhee is working. I just think that I need to do something new to divert my attention. Plus, I get to earn money. The allowance for me is not enough for me.

 

“Neh?” I asked as she approached me.

 

“What are you doing tomorrow? It’s the 20th!” She asked excitedly.

 

I thought for a while

 

“Uhmm…we have class, right? I’m going to--” She cut me off with her laugh.

 

“What? No! That’s not what I meant! I mean, how would you spend the 20th?”

 

Now I’m more confused…Is it a special day?

 

“It’s the ‘coming of age day’!” She said, answering the question in my head.

 

“What’s that?” I said with a little chuckle. Coming of age day?! Haha

 

“Well…It’s when you celebrate your legality…it’s when you reach the age of 20.” She said it simply but it made me more confused.

 

“But I became legal when I became 18…and…I’m not yet 20 by tomorrow…” I said trying to figure this thing out.

 

“Aish! It’s hard to explain! It’s just how it is here! You celebrate with the rest of the country! And you’ll be 20 by this year, right?”  She said like she’s nagging on her daughter.

 

I just nodded.

 

“So I think you still don’t have plans, right? Don’t worry! We’ll make it a special day for you!” She said excitedly.

 

~

 

It was afternoon and the café was a bit empty. It’s weird because it’s usually full during these hours. I know it because I’ve observed it for the past week. During weekends I work for the whole day so I know the rush hour in this place.

 

Suddenly, when there’re no customers left, a TV crew entered and set up their cameras.

 

I got shocked and curious. Is there a shooting? Oooh~ Who would it be? I suddenly became excited.

 

“What’s going on?” I asked Jinhee as she went back behind the counter.

 

She just shrugged means she also doesn’t know.

 

We watched the TV crew and staff prepare. Then a staff ordered some fruit shake.

 

I happily entertained the customer and made her order.

 

And when I was about to give her ordered fruit shake, I asked her…

 

“Uhmm..excuse me, what’re the cameras for?” I asked politely with a smile.

 

“Ah, we’ll be filming a WGM episode.” She answered cheerfully, and thanking for the fruit shake.

 

WGM? Oh no…please not Taemin…

 

“Oh! Which of the three couple?” Jinhee asked curiously.

 

“Taemin and Na Eun” She simply said, and then she excused herself as she was called by the director.

 

Oh no. Why here?! I need to go now! But how! It’s just me and Jinhee here…if I left…oh no..think! think! Think!

 

“Oh this is great! We can observe how they do this! Like an advance study for our lesson tomorrow!” Jinhee said excitedly as she grabs a tall chair and sat by the counter.

 

Ah! I know! I’ll say that I’ll just buy something at the nearby convenient store! Right! Right!

 

“Oh! Na Eun’s here!” Jinhee excitedly said. She’s really excited about this. I’m just the total opposite.

 

But before I could say that I’ll be going out…

 

“OMO! It’s Taemin!” Jinhee gasped as she saw Taemin enter the shop.

 

Now, hiding is the only option! Good thing they’ll be just staying at that corner.

 

I ducked under the counter pretending to look for something.

 

I stood up when I heard him pull his chair. Whew~ Good thing he didn’t see me…

 

“Yah…You look pale. Are you alright?” Jinhee worriedly asked as she saw me stood up, facing the back.

 

I exhaled deeply and bit my lip, I nodded at her.

 

Oh…I can use that as an excuse…hehe…

 

“Actually…I’m not feeling well…” I said weakly as I put my hand on my head.

 

“Really?” She said as she placed her hand on my forehead, checking if I have fever.

 

“But you don’t have fever…” She said.

 

“But my head hurts.” I still pretended to be weak.

 

“Well…ok…I guess you can just stay at the employee’s lounge for a while. I think I can handle this by myself since they’re our only customer. You can rest for a bit.” She said, full of concern.

 

I nodded and started my tracks, but a WGM staff stopped me.

 

I looked at him confusedly.

 

“Sorry, you can’t go now. You’ll be captured on the video.” He said apologetically.

 

Okaaaaay… plan failed again…gaaaah!

 

So I just stayed here behind the counter. I sat down a chair and rested my head on the counter table. I still pretended to be sick, so I closed my eyes. I can still hear Jinhee’s comments on their actions, so I still know what’s happening.

 

Though, their voices are just faint in our position, some of their conversations can still be heard.

 

I can hear their laughter and I can’t help but feel bitter. Taemin’s happy… is that why he never contacted me? Tss… the other guys tell me that Taemin’s not himself when they’re on their dorm, but now, he’s laughing like his usual self. Hmp.

 

I suddenly heard them laugh as a delivery man arrived. I looked up to see them laughing shyly with the bouquet of roses.

 

She gave him flowers?! What’s that? A wedding proposal?

 

“What’s this? Are you confessing to me?” I heard Taemin said. They laughed.

 

“Coming of age day?!” Taemin said. Jinhee also said it at the same time. I looked at her.

 

She looked at me with a huge smile.

 

“That’s how you celebrate coming of age day! You receive flowers, perfume…” She was cut off when we heard Taemin asked his wife if it’s perfume. Jinhee pointed at them with a nod.

 

“…and there’s another one!” She said excitedly, but shyly at the same time.

 

“What?” I was curious.

 

“A kiss.” She said as she touched her lips and looked at the couple dreamingly.

 

Kiss?! Really?! Will she give him a kiss??! O.O

 

I panicked and looked at them intently. They were talking about that third gift. Taemin tried guessing the gift.

 

Pft. If I know, you want to receive that kiss from her badly! >:|

 

I looked at them intently, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

 

Argh! This is taking so long! What?! Will she kiss him or not?! Argh! I can’t take this anymore!

 

I went out through the front door. I don’t care if I got caught on camera, or if Taemin will see me. Will he even look away from his wife? Guess not…

 

~

 

I arrived on a nearby park. I sat on one bench, overlooking the playground. There are a lot of children happily playing with each other.

 

Awww~ keopta! :]

 

I felt my phone vibrate so I checked it. It was from Jinhee, asking where I went.

 

I quickly replied.

 

To: Jinhee ^^

         I didn’t feel well so I went out to get some fresh air. Sorry if I went out so sudden. ^^

 

She replied back.

 

From: Jinhee ^^

         Oh! Want to celebrate your coming of age later? :D

 

I got confused, I thought it’s tomorrow?

 

To: Jinhee ^^

         I thought the coming of age day is tomorrow?

 

From: Jinhee ^^

         Yeh! That’s why we’ll celebrate it later… ‘til midnight! We’ll welcome the 20th!

 

Oh…so that’s the plan! :D sounds interesting!

 

To: Jinhee ^^

         Ok! :) Who’ll be there?

 

From: Jinhee ^^

         It’ll be a secret! Just trust me on this! I got this! ;)

 

To: Jinhee ^^

         I’ll look forward to that! ^^

 

~

 

“What’s going on?!” I said as Jinhee, Steph, and Jenna hold me down on the couch where I was sitting.

 

They all have creepy smiles which made me scared more. Mommy~!

 

“What are you guys doing?” I asked as they put blindfold on me.

 

They didn’t answer me; they just laughed and continued on what they were doing. Am I being kidnapped?!

 

They pulled me up and drag me to some place… I don’t know where, I got lost tracing the path in my mind…

 

They suddenly pushed me, making me fall on a couch, I think.

 

Then it grew quieter…like they disappeared.

 

I suddenly felt someone move. There’s someone sitting beside me!! Huhu! I’m scared! T__T

 

“Wh-who’s there?” I asked nervously.

 

I heard him gasped, like he was also shocked that there’s someone with him.

 

“You guys can take off your blindfolds now!” A familiar voice said excitedly.

 

And when I removed my blindfold, it became noisy!

 

Party poppers! Loud cheers! Loud music!

 

“Happy coming of age day!!!” They all said excitedly

 

I was shocked! It’s my first time receiving a surprise party! :)

 

I just sat there, didn’t move. I just smiled widely at them. Then I remembered there’s someone beside me. I looked at my left and there’s Mark’s brother, Peniel. He was just as shocked and happy as me.

 

We bowed to each other shyly.

 

He removed some confetti on my hair, and the other people suddenly became quiet. We both looked at them and they were looking at us weirdly.

 

We both moved away from each other and cleared our throat.

 

There were new faces in the room, and I quickly recognized them even if they’re just wearing casual clothes.

 

“OMO!! BTOB!!” I said loudly as I recognized them.

 

I put my hand on my mouth as the other guys laughed. The BTOB boys bowed and smiled shyly when I recognized them.

 

Then Mark pushed the boys forward asking them to introduce themselves.

 

The boys introduced themselves shyly. Cuuuuute~ :>

 

“I’m Anna.” I said as I wave my hand to them. Then I realized that I should bow, so I bowed quickly.

 

They laughed at my awkward greeting.

 

Then they became quiet again as they separate in groups; BTOB on one group, and my classmates on the other.

 

They handed Peniel and me a bouquet of flowers and a box of perfume.

 

Then they smiled in a creepy and excited way after.

 

“The third gift for this day…will come from the two of you!” Jinhee excitedly said.

 

They all cheered happily.

 

We just looked at them with wide eyes. Are you guys serious?! The third gift’s a kiss! A KISS!!

 

“We can just forget about that gift…nah…it’s not important!” Peniel shrugged the idea off.

 

The guys went wild at that, saying that we’re killing the fun and all…

 

“Com’on! Just on the cheeks! Like how you greet your friends!” Mark said.

 

“I don’t greet my friends with a kiss on the cheek…” Peniel said

 

“I just do it with girl friends!” I said at the same time.

 

The guys rant and whined more that it became annoying.

 

Peniel and I looked at each other at the same time and smiled. We just nodded to each other.

 

“Okaaaay! We’ll do it!” We said in unison.

 

They all cheered happily again. The BTOB boys are so excited that they all have wide grins on their faces.

 

“Go!” Jinhee said.

 

So we faced each other and gave each other a peck on the cheeks.

 

“Happy?!” We said again in unison.

 

The BTOB boys are jumping and cheering happily, but my friends looked unsatisfied.

 

“What?!” I asked my friends.

 

They just smiled and pulled me up and dragged me to the corner bar.

 

“Nothing…” They said.

 

“Party time!” Ivan shouted as he increased the volume of the music. The guys had gone wild!

 

“Ooops! You’re not yet allowed to drink this!” Peniel said to Sungjae as he grabbed the cup of alcoholic drink from the maknae’s hand.

 

“And you too! Uh-uh!” He grabbed the cup from Ilhoon’s hand

 

I laughed as I observe the BTOB. They look cute! :>

 

“So…my brother looks cute, huh? Jesu~ Mark said as he stood beside me.

 

I just looked at him with a smile. I still don't know what that word means...

 

Then I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I checked it.

 

It was from the guys…

 

From: The Almighlty  `´

         Hey… You still haven’t talked to us. :( By the way, congratulations on your coming of age! Stay healthy and safe ^^

 

From: Rawr~ㅎㅅㅎ

         Congratulations on your coming of age! ^3^ hope you’ll have a great time!

 

From: The Flame_

         Happy coming of age day! Hope you’re fine. Stay healthy :]

 

From: Dubu  ^▽^

         Hope you’ll talk to us soon :) Happy coming of age day! Enjoy~

 

 

And again…there’s none from Taemin….

Haaaay…

 

“Have you talked to them?” Mark suddenly said. I looked at him, hiding my phone quickly.

 

He chuckled.

 

“Don’t worry… I didn’t read your messages, just the sender. Hehe.” He assured.

 

I looked down and shook my head.

 

“You should talk to them. Don’t run away. It’s been a week. They must’ve missed you already.” He said.

 

And I miss them too…

 

“And I know you miss them too.” He added. I was shocked and I just smiled at him.

 

“Thanks…” I muttered.

 

“For what?” He asked.

 

“For this…” for being my friend…

 

“The party? Nah~ I didn’t do this for you…this is for my brother! Haha!” He said and I hit his arm playfully.

 

~

 

The night goes on and the guys are becoming drunk. Don’t know why, but I don’t feel drunk at all. Maybe they drank more.

 

The BTOB boys went home to their dorm a while ago so it’s just the 6 of us.

 

We’re playing truth or dare.

 

The bottle stopped pointing at me. “Dare.” I said, not waiting for their question.

 

It’s Mark on the other side so he got to give me a dare.

 

I feel confident about this because we’re the least drunk in the group. He’ll not give me a stupid dare.

 

“Before I give you a dare, can I borrow your phone?” I gave it to him and he started to look for something. I couldn’t really see what he’s doing because he’s too far, and he’s hiding the screen from my view.

 

“Give the dare already~” Ivan who’s about to fall asleep said.

 

“I’ll call someone and talk to the person for 30 secs! Here!” He quickly gave me the phone which is on speaker mode.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” The guy from the other line sleepily answered the phone.

 

My heart stopped. Taemin.

 

I looked at Mark with wide eyes.

 

“30 secs starts now!” He said as he pushed the phone closer to my face.

 

“Hello? Who’s this?” He asked.

 

“What?!” I said in shock. He’s asking me ‘who’s this?’ Did he delete my number?! Seriously?!

 

I laughed bitterly.

 

“Yah!” I said.

 

“Anna?!” He said, now I think he’s fully awake.


I updated again! Yay~ ^^

Thanks for reading :)

Hope you're still enjoying this fic...uhm...are you?

 

Oh, BTW, are you guys watching Taemin & Na Eun's WGM episodes?

you must watch next week's episode!! Kyaaa~ SHINee will be there!! <3

 

Comments are loved. <3