Caught

When Your Boyfriend Got Married

It’s Monday and we’ve been back to Seoul for two days.

 

I’m sitting in one of the benches outside our dorm. I just got home from our class, but I decided not to go up to our room yet since I’m waiting for a call.

 

Please, call now…

 

And my prayer was answered immediately as my phone vibrated in my hand. I smiled widely.

 

“Hello? Key?” I answered excitedly, but careful enough for the other people around to not hear it.

 

“Hey! Sorry for the late call. We just arrived at our dorm. The flight was delayed by an hour.” He sighed after he said it. I can feel that he’s tired.

 

“It’s okay. If you’re still tired, you can just call me again later. Rest a bit, okay?” I said worriedly.

 

“No, no, no. It’s okay. I want to tell you the plans we’ve talked about.” He said excitedly.

 

We? You told the other guys?” I asked in confusion. I thought this is just between us two. Did I not make it clear to him?

 

“Uhmm…am I not supposed to? Sorry…but it’s okay! I guaranty you! We’ll keep it a secret, and we’ve planned a lot!” He assured.

 

“Okaaay. So, what’s the plan?” I asked as I get my iPad, ready to take down notes.

 

“Well, there’s the ‘meeting coincidentally’, ‘surprise him in the morning’, ‘make him angry first’, ‘sing for him’, and ‘romantic dinner’, what would you like out of those?” He sounded so excited.

 

I thought for a while. Those things sound so…dramatic? Like the ones you’ll see on TV or film.

 

“Well…can you tell me more about those things?” I asked, but I think the ‘surprise him in the morning’ is the best option.

 

“Well, the first one would be meeting in every place he goes on that day, then you can just end up giving him gifts and having a deep talk before the day ends. The second one, you can come to our dorm and surprise him by cooking for him or being the first one he sees in the morning, oh that’s so romantic!!he said. I smiled at the thought. I’d like that. :>

 

“Then the third would be making him do things he doesn’t like, or make him feel jealous so at the end of the day, when you surprised him you’ll be the best event that happened in his entire day. The fourth, we can put on a small show and you can sing or dance for him. Fifth is the simplest one, we can just prepare a special dinner for you and you can just talk to each other and enjoy the night!” He added.

 

“Well, I think, the simplest one would be the best option…” I said.

 

“Surprising him in the morning.” We both said at the same time. We laughed at how we thought of the same thing. Best friend instinct. :>

 

“You can come here tomorrow after lunch so we can talk more about it, and of course so that we can catch up on each other. The guys are complaining because I’m the only one you contact a lot. Haha!”

 

“Uhm, wouldn’t Taemin be there also?” I asked in confusion.

 

“No, he has other things to do tomorrow. Wait, we need to hang up now, I think he’s home now. I’ll call you later, bye~” He said in a hurry.

 

Hmp. I didn’t even get to say bye.

 

With that, I’ve decided to go up to our room and do my homeworks.

 

~~

 

The next day, I found myself walking to a familiar building. My heart was beating fast, both from excitement and nervousness.

 

“Oh! Hello there! It’s been a while since the last time you came here! How have you been?” The guard of the building recognized me and greeted me as soon as I entered the building.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo! I’m good! How have you been, Ahjussi?” I greeted and asked him the same question with a warm smile.

 

After a short talk with the Ahjussi guard, I calmly went to the elevators. But as I approach it, someone very familiar came out of one of the elevators. I quickly hid by the corner. My heart was beating fast.

 

I thought Taemin wouldn’t be here? These guys!

 

As he approached where I was hiding, my heartbeat continues to increase. Gosh. This feels like I’ in part of that show we watch every Sundays. Is this how scary it is to play the hide-and-seek in Running Man?? *dugun*dugun*dugun* I can literally hear my own heartbeat!!

 

It was a relief when he didn’t turn in the corner where I was, and instead went straight to the main door of the building.

 

I quickly ran into the open elevator. If he turns now, he’ll see me right away.

 

But good thing, he didn’t look back when the elevator doors are still open. Whew~ What a relief!

 

I arrived at the doors of the SHINee dorm and waited patiently for them to open it.

 

“Yah! I thought Taemin’s not here? We almost ran to each other at the lobby! I immediately yelled at the person who opened the door. It was Key.

 

“Hello to you too.” He said sarcastically and I just went straight inside, not bothering about his reaction.

 

I plopped to the couch like it was my own home.

 

“Wow, really? No greetings? Even just a simple hello?” I heard Onew from a distance.

 

I sat straight and smiled.

 

“Sorry, I was just too nervous when I saw Taemin a while ago. Haha! Anyeonghaseyo! How are you, guys?” I said cheerfully as they also seat in the couch.

 

They just chuckled.

 

Key brought some juice and snacks. We then started to talk and laugh. I missed this so much!

 

"So, what's new with you guys?" I asked cheerfully.

 

"Well, as you know, we have concerts lined up. Then we have a new Japanese album coming. Minho will be in a new drama. Then we're also starting to prepare for our comeback." Onew said it like he's the manager and he's just saying their schedules.

 

"Aww..you look tired from all the work. You need to have some rest!" I said worriedly.

 

"Nah~ It's okay! We enjoy what we are doing! No worries!" Jjong said happily.

 

“Oh! I almost forgot!” I said as I opened my bag to get something.

 

“Ta-da!” I raised a huge pack of dried mangoes from our country. They were all happy to see it.

 

“Wow~! Thank you! Hey, we’re having a show in your country soon!” Jjong said excitedly as he get the snack in my hand.

 

“Really? Wow that’s nice! Is it a solo concert?”

 

“No, there’s also EXO and Dalshabet.” Onew answered as they unch on the snack.

 

“Oh~ But I bet you’re the one with the most fans there!” I said excitedly.

 

“Aww, too bad I wouldn’t be there.” I added.

 

“Tss! You’ve already watched our solo concert in Japan, why would you be sad if you wouldn’t be able to watch that show?” Key asked.

 

“Well, it’s different to watch in our own country. Haha!” Then we all laughed.

 

“Hey! I would say something to you guys!” Key suddenly said excitedly.

 

We looked at him intensely, waiting for him to continue.

 

“I was casted as Clyde in the musical ‘Bonnie & Clyde’!!” He said with an excited crazy dance.

 

The three guys stood up and jumped with him in excitement. It was fun to see them happy like this.

 

“Congrats! You deserve it! Hope I can watch one of the shows! When will it be?” I asked excitedly as the guys sat down again.

 

“There’s no final date yet, but it would be about the last week of September or first week of October.”

 

“Wow, there’s only a few months now.”

 

Suddenly, the door beeped, indicating that someone will enter the room. We looked at each other in panic. Onew then dragged me to one of the rooms, just in time before Taemin entered.

 

“Oh, why did you come back?” Minho asked as soon as they saw Taemin.

 

“I just forgot something.” I heard him answer.

 

Good thing he didn’t enter the rooms, or else I would be discovered. I heard the guys said goodbye and after a few seconds, I’ve decided to go out of the room.

 

“Whew~ that was so sudden!” Jjong said as he sat down and sighed.

 

“I think we need to have someone watch out for us. Temin might come back again.” Minho suggested.

 

Then the guys looked at Onew. Aww..poor Onew

 

After a few minutes of discussion and quarrel on who would guard outside, Onew was still the one who’ assigned to do it. He left the room with a heavy heart.

 

~~

 

“So it’s settled then. We just need to stick to our plan. Are you really a morning person?” Minho asked me, and I said yes nervously.

 

 I guess they know how hard it’s for me to wake up early.

 

“It’s okay, Taemin also don’t wake up early. Let’s just see what happens. Haha!” Key said.

 

“Aaaand~ you’ll spend the whole day together, okay? Talk everything out and fix what’s needed to be fixed! If you don’t, we’ll just have to do what we have to do?” Jjong threatened.

 

“What will you do?” I asked curiously.

 

“It’s just us who’ll know!” Key supported the idea.

 

“And! No running away again!” Minho said.

 

“What? Why would I run away? It’s me who planned this, of course I like to--” I was cut off by the sudden noise outside.

 

“Hyung! Why are you stopping me from coming in! I want to sleep now!” We all heard Taemin whine.

 

We, again, looked at each other in panic! Where would I go now?

 

“My room! Now!” Key said and I quickly followed.

 

I heard the door open just before I reach Key’s room. I ran inside the room and closed the door.

 

This is too nerve wrecking! Why does this happen all the time?!

 

“Hyung, why are you all looking at me like that?” I heard him asked the guys.

 

“What? Why? How are we looking at you?” Jjong nervously said.

 

“That! It’s like you’re hiding something from me.”

 

They continue to talk about what they’re hiding from him. The guys continue to deny it. my nervousness increases every time! Let it go, Taemin! Huhu!

 

“Who’s things are those?” I heard Taemin said. I stood straight as I heard that. Oh no. I’m caught.

 

Then I heard footsteps nearing.

 

“And this looks familiar. Who’s here?” I hear his voice close to the room. I lost hope, I took a few steps back and ended up sitting on the bed.

 

“Hyung, tell me. Is she here?!” His tone suddenly has the tone of anger and sadness.

 

I just sat there and looked down, waiting for him to discover that I was really there.

 

I suddenly heard the door swung open and I just knew there that he is looking at me intensely. I don’t have the guts to look at him, guilt crept to me.

 

I also heard footsteps of the other guys, as well as the explaining they tried to cover up this mess.

 

“What’s this? You guys are in contact with each other again?! … All of you?! … Except me?!” I glanced at him and saw that he is looking at me with both anger and sadness. I feel terrified. Tears started to fall. I wanted to tell him that the situation’s different. But my voice won’t come out.

 

“And you! Why are you here?!” I can feel him coming closer but I still can’t face him and explain things to him.

 

Taemin started to talk to me in a way I haven’t expected. It’s a different Taemin, like I don’t know him anymore. He continuously yelled at me, saying hurtful words that shocked me. The other guys tried to calm him but he didn’t stop.

 

“After you walked away from us, you’re here like nothing happened?! Are you really that kind of person? What? Are you just using us?! Do you really treat us as your friends before?! You did this before; maybe you’ll do this again if we get back to being friends! You just used us! Maybe you’re telling everyone about this, don’t you?! ‘Hey, I’ve dated Taemin! But he’s not worth my time so I left him!’ is that how you tell our story? I bet you’re happy with what you did, am I right?! Haha! You even played as the victim, like you’re the one who was left behind, to get my Hyungs’ affection! Huh! I can’t stand this!”

 

There was silence for a while, no one dared to speak. I just stared down, not noticing that my tears never stopped flowing. Am I really that kind of person? I started to doubt myself.

 

“If you don’t want me in your life again, then don’t! And don’t ever let me see you again!” He added.

 

“And you, hyungs! I feel disappointed in you! How can you do this?! When you all know how bad I’m feeling?!” he looked at me again with furious eyes. I continued to cry silently.

 

I can’t take this anymore. My heart’s about to burst…

 

“I’m sorry” I whispered to him as I ran out of their dorm.


Hello again :)

What do you think of this chapter?

Sorry for the drama that is too dramatic haha

I don't know if I pulled it off well though :P

~~

thank you for reading!

~~

<3