With friends

When Your Boyfriend Got Married

I woke up happily but I don’t know why. I still have my eyes shut and still in the same sleeping position. I tried to remember what my dream was about, but I just failed. I have forgotten what made me woke up with a smile.

 

My eyes suddenly opened widely when I felt someone hugging me from behind--an arm on my waist, a chin on top of my head, and a chest touching my back. WHO IS THIS MAN SLEEPING ON THE SAME BED WITH ME AND HUGGING ME?!

 

I slowly crawl out of the embrace and sat up. Argh…my back hurts! Why did I sleep with only my upper body lying down and my feet still on the ground?

 

Then I remember the guy sleeping on the bed. I slowly looked behind me. OMG. I almost jump out in bed out of shock. Why is he here?!

 

I got out of bed and stood up in front of the sleeping guy. I stared at him for a while, admiring his perfect features. Then I remembered. Oh! Right! I was sick and he took care of me for a while! Haha! Why am I so forgetful?

 

I walked to the small kitchen area and looked around for food. I saw that it was about 5pm, so I’m trying to prepare dinner. Well, since it’s not allowed to cook in our dorm, we just use the hidden small rice cooker and stock of instant food.

 

I checked my phone before preparing a food, just in case the guys would eat home, which I think never happened. I saw a message from Jenna asking how I am and saying that they would be eating out tonight with the whole gang. I felt envious because it’s been a while since we ate out together completely. Though I wanted to go, I can’t just leave Taemin here alone, right? So, I just replied that I’m feeling fine but I would like to stay at the dorm. Jenna replied with a teasing tone.

 

From: Jenna

              Mhmm…sure. I bet your personal nurse is still there, right? That’s why you don’t want to leave. Haha. Anyways, rest well and get better! There’s food on our mini fridge. You can just make your own dinner, if you get hungry. We’ll be a bit late. Savour your time with your nurse! :P

 

I just replied a thank you and prepared dinner. I saw a container with a note. I put it out and read the note.

 

Anna, my love! Heat this soup up if you’re hungry. :) But if you’re fine to eat heavier meals, I prepared a mix for bibimbap. You just need to cook rice. I just made it just how you like it! :) Get well soon! Mwaah! 

<3 <3 Jinhee

 

So, she dropped by home earlier. I wonder when. OMG. Did she see me and Taemin on the same bed?!

 

Shaking the thought aside, I cooked the rice and decided to take a shower while waiting. On my way to the bathroom, I glanced at Taemin and saw that he’s still asleep. I think he’s really tired. I decided to wake him up after I showered.

 

I took my time in the shower. After I’m done, I felt a sudden nervousness. This is bad. I realized that I always feel this way when thinking about Taemin. I took several deep breaths and walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my hair.

 

I went straight to my bed and sat on the edge. I shook Taemin lightly and tried to wake him up. After a while, he started to wake up. When he did, he quickly sat up and rubbed his eyes.

 

“Sorry to wake you up. Well, it’s almost 6pm.” I said.

 

He just nodded; maybe he’s still half asleep.

 

“Well, uhm, eat dinner before you leave. I’ll prepare it now. Hey, are you awake?” I said the last part with a light chuckle. His eyes are still closed so I shook him a bit.

 

We chuckled when he finally opened his eyes and stood up to stretch his arms.

 

I walked to the table and prepared the bibimbap. As it was done, I set it on the table with a spoon. Just in time, Taemin arrived at the table and is now fully awake. We sat across each other and started eating. It was a bit quiet so I decided to talk.

 

“Don’t you have anything to do? Maybe the guys are looking for you already.” I said with worry.

 

He chuckled and looked at me.

 

“Why are you always asking me to go? The moment you saw me, you asked me to go. And up to now that we’re eating, you still ask me to go. Don’t you want me here?” He said with a smile and a chuckle.

 

I was quite shock. But I chuckled a bit after a while.

 

“It’s not like that. It’s just that I don’t want you to get in trouble. Don’t skip the work you need to do again.” I said, maybe I sounded like a mother in that tone.

 

“When did I skip my work?” He said a bit surprised.

 

I just looked at him knowingly.

 

“How did you know about that?” He said with a slight chuckle, looking down on his food, looking like he was a bit embarrassed.

 

“Just…don’t do it again. Don’t get yourself into trouble.” I said, ending the conversation.

 

It was a bit silent for a while until he talked.

 

“Well, just so you won’t worry anymore. The hyungs really know that I went here because you’re sick. I didn’t skip a schedule.” He said with an assuring smile.

 

I smiled and nodded.

 

“So…” we both said at the same time. We chuckled. I urged him to talk first.

 

“Are you feeling better?” He simply said.

 

“Yeah. Thanks for taking care of me.”

 

“I actually did nothing. Thank YOU for letting me sleep. Haha”

 

“You kinda look tired so I just let you. Had a good sleep?”

 

“Yeah. Best sleep I ever had.” He said with a smile.

 

I chuckled and threw the tissue roll near me. It hit his left eye and I quickly ran to him in panic!

 

“Oh my god! I’m sorry!” I said as I remove his hand that’s covering his left eye. He was laughing while I was in panic.

 

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry. Hahaha” He said as he put down his hand.

 

I looked at his eye and was relieved that it was fine. I sighed and sat on my seat again.

 

We continued to talk even after we’re done eating dinner. We talked about the things they were doing recently, the things they’re about to do—basically, how busy they are. We didn’t realize that it was already near 10pm until his manager called him.

 

“I need to go.” Taemin said, a bit disappointed.

 

“I’ll walk you out.” I said as I put my jacket on.

 

We went out the building but his manager isn’t there yet. I stayed and waited with him until his manager arrived. It was still a bit crowdy outside since we’re near the university. Good thing no one noticed him.

 

I hugged him and thanked him before he finally went inside their car. I went back to our room, cleaned up and slept early.  I was sick today, but it was a happy day. :)

 

~~

 

Today’s Wednesday. I was in the campus with Jinhee and Mark. They’re still doing their project while I was finishing up my clearance form. I’m seating with their whole group.

 

“Do you guys need some help?” I asked since I feel out of place here. I was the only one seating and doing nothing while the rest are busy in front of their computers or running around the room to consult some things with the other group members.

 

“Right now, there’s nothing. We’ll ask you if we need. Just enjoy your alone tie there by the window.” Mark said with a chuckle. I gave a quick smile before I went back on my phone, playing games.

 

I suddenly thought of Peniel. I smiled to myself and send him a message.

 

To: Peniel

              Hey! Are you busy?

 

I was shocked to receive a quick reply from him. I looked at my watch and it’s 3pm.

 

From: Peniel

              Nope. Got nothing to do for this whole day. Why?

To: Peniel

              Wanna go out? My treat! A thank you gift for taking care of me yesterday! :)

From: Peniel

              Sure! I know this great café near your campus. I’ll go to your campus and let’s go there together ^^

To: Peniel

              Is that okay? Won’t you attract many fans?

From: Peniel

              I don’t mind. Hehe. I’ll call you when I arrived there. See ya! ^^

 

I wonder if that’s really okay? What if fans would think that we’re dating? I shook the thought away.

 

I took pictures of random things I find interesting while waiting for his call. In less than 10 minutes, he already called. I answered with a smile.

 

“That was fast. You’re here already?” I said as soon as I answered his call.

 

“Yeah, I just entered your building.”

 

“Eh? How’d you know where I am?”

 

“Well, you and my brother takes the same course right? Haha I’ve visited my brother there twice, so I know.”

 

While talking with Peniel, I realized that Mark and Jinhee’s group are a bit in a serious mode. I think they’re having an emergency meeting. Some were presenting pictures while some criticize it and ask for possible solutions for it. Wow~ they look so professional.

 

I remembered that I was still on the phone with Peniel and that he was already calling my name for a while now.

 

“Anna? Are you still there?”

 

“Ah! Yeah! Sorry. Haha. What was that?”

 

“I asked you what room you’re at? Haha”

 

“3rd floor, last room at the left hall.”

 

“Okay! I’ll meet you there! Bye!”

 

We hung up and I continued to observe the group in front of me. Oh, so they were changing the concept for one of their articles.

 

Soon enough, Peniel arrived and entered the back door. He looks cool with that casual look—printed shirt, acid wash jeans, printed chucks, black cap with some prints on it, and leather back pack. He looks like a student here.

 

We hugged to greet each other. We were about to go out when suddenly, Mark called our names.

 

“Anna, Peniel! We need your help! Please?” He said, running to us.

 

“What is it?” I asked

 

“Please be our models! It will be simple and just real quick.”

 

Peniel and I looked at each other, thinking if we should or not.

 

“Are you busy?” Mark asked Peniel, Peniel just shook his head no.

 

“Great! Please? It’ll just be quick! It’s just about student life and the things we do in the campus.”

 

We have no choice. Mark already announced to his group that we’ll do it. We just laughed as it was so sudden.

 

Mark dragged us to meet their main writer. Mark was also there with us since he’ll be the photographer. The other members of their group went into smaller groups and did some things in preparation for this sudden photo shoot.

 

After a while of orientation, Jinhee and one of their groupmates went to us and sat us on a chair. They began fixing our hair and putting make up on our face. We just chuckle as everything happens so quickly.

 

“Hahaha! What did we get ourselves into?” I said.

 

“Yah! Our snack would probably be a dinner now. You need to treat me to a great meal! Haha!” He said.

 

~~

 

“This is easy, isn’t it?” Peniel said as we walk by the halls.

 

We were just instructed to act casually. They were taking candid shots while we walk in the hall.

 

“I’m actually not confident in this. Look, I’m always smiling. Hahaha! I think it seems fake already!”

 

We both laughed and Peniel messed my hair. I hit his arm with a book and fixed my hair.

 

“If we’re students, we should look at our books.” Peniel said, opening his book and pretending to read it while walking.

 

“That looks kinda geeky.” I said with a laugh and continued to walk.

 

Then he removed my glassed and wore it.

 

“This completes the geek look! Argh! But it hurts my head.” He said.

 

I removed my glasses from him and wore it again.

 

“I wonder if they’re getting nice shots with our acts. It’s a bit boring, don’t you think?” I said.

 

We then turn to Mark and asks him to guide us and tell us what to do. He then approached us and told us the real flow of this shoot.

 

“Okay, so actually, what we are doing now is the ‘reality’ part. So don’t act and just do what you normally do. Later we’ll shoot the ‘media’ version.” He said, but we’re still confused so he continued.

 

“Well, the theme is ‘reality’ vs ‘media’. We’ll show the real happenings in schools and contrast it to the ‘media’ version, the school setting that the media always shows on the dramas.”

 

We both nodded in understanding.

 

“Wait. Is it the western kind of school portrayal or the local?” Peniel asked.

 

“Well, *ehem*, since we are mostly not from here, we decided to pick the western portrayal. Plus, there are only a few Korean dramas that show universities. It’s always high school.” Mark said with a nervous smile.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll make it look conservative!” Mark said, running to his spot again.

 

“Aish.” Peniel said.

“Oh god.” I said.

 

“Okay! Time for the ‘media’ version!” Mark shouted and instructed us to come to him.

 

He pointed to an empty room.

 

“So, you’ll be in this room alone. Stand by the window and pretend like you’re about to kiss.” He said and pushed us inside the room.

 

We were standing by the window, facing each other. This is a bit uncomfortable. I kinda feel nervous.

 

“Okay, you need to be the main actor here. I don’t know anything.” I said with a chuckle to ease the tension.

 

He put my arms around his neck while he put his around my waist.

 

“It’s like we’re about to dance. Hahaha!” He said.

 

We put our foreheads together and stayed for that position for a while.

 

“Anna, can you sit on that desk while Peniel trap you with both his hands on the desk!” Mark shouted to instruct us. It was a bit embarrassing. I bet some students outside the room heard it.

 

We did as instructed quietly.

 

“Pretend that you’re kissing! Hold each other’s face and tilt your heads a little!” He shouted again.

 

We were just stopping ourselves from laughing. And as we tilt our heads and approach each other, we both broke into laughter.

 

“Hahaha! Okay that was funny!” He said as we both pull away from each other.

 

I hit his shoulders lightly. “This is crazy! What will he make us do next?!” I said.

 

“Next location!” Mark shouted. Everyone moved to the next location.

 

~~

 

It was already 8pm and we’re all out to eat. Mark, Jinhee, Peniel, and I are eating at this not so fancy restaurant near our dorm. The meal was paid by Mark since he was thankful for our help.

 

We were all laughing as we remembered the photo shoot a while ago. Peniel and I can’t stop laughing whenever we were asked to pretend like we’re kissing.

 

At first, it was really uncomfortable and I felt so nervous. But since Peniel and I were like siblings, we treat it like we’re just playing. Peniel also helped me ease the nervousness as he put on funny faces whenever his face is hidden from the shot. It was a fun experience.

 

We asked if we can see the shots, but Mark and Jinhee said that they’ll show it when it’s edited already. Tss. Like it’ll have much difference!

 

We’re enjoying ourselves together, until Peniel had to leave. It was already past 10pm and he decided to go home because of his early schedule tomorrow.

 

“You don’t have someone to pick you up?” I asked.

 

“Nope. Our dorm’s actually just near this area. I’ll just walk home. Bye guys!” He said and hugged each of us.

 

~~

 

“I told you! Those two are really dating!” Jinhee shouted through the loud music and pointed to two of their project group mates.

 

The three of us decided to go to a club to have a little drink before going home. The club was still packed even though it’s the middle of the week.

 

“Aww…don’t be so jealous and mad for that, Jinhee.” Mark teased. Actually, before she saw their group mates, Mark told me the story of how lovely Jinhee and the guy work in their project.

 

“Puh-lease~” Jinhee said in a diva way. “I’ll just go to the ladies’ room” she added.

 

Mark and I chuckled at how Jinhee acts. It’s like she was so affected! Haha!

 

While Jinhee’s not here, Mark diverted his attention to me and started to tease me.

 

“So~ you and Peniel~ I’m really glad, Jesussi!” He said with a wide grin.

 

“What? Haha! Nothing’s going on with us. We just did what you told us to do. Tch! I think you’re abusing your power as the photographer a while ago! You’re just making fun of us!” I said, pretending to be mad.

 

“Hahaha! You just look cute together! But seriously, there’s no chance?”

 

“We’ve talked about that even before. We’re just friends. You know that. We actually treat each other like siblings, we’re like twins. Hahaha!”

 

“Is it because you still want to get back with Taemin? Before, when you’re still running away from them, I feel like you still want to. But now, I don’t actually know. I can’t quite figure you out.” He said, a bit serious.

 

“Well, it’s really hard to figure me out. Even I, I’m having a hard time figuring my own thoughts and feelings.” I said, looking away and at the people dancing on the dance floor.

 

“But, for now, I don’t want to be in romantic relationship. Be it with Taemin or anyone else. I want to stay single and happy for a while.” I said, looking and smiling at him.

 

“That’s cool. You need to love and give attention to yourself before you start loving someone else. You’ll realize that it’s fun making yourself happy. You feel satisfied more than anything when you become happy without depending on someone else. But after a while, you’ll feel like there’s still something missing.” He said quite seriously.

 

“Oooh~ sounds like it’s based from experience.” I to ease the seriousness.

 

He just smiled and it made me more.

 

“So~ how’d you learn these things? Who’s that girl?” I said with a wide smile, leaning forward as I was so interested.

 

“Well, it’s not that interesting.” He said, shaking his head no.

 

At that time, Jinhee returned to our seat. I grabbed her and sat her down quickly.

 

“Let’s listen to Mark’s love story.” I said, pulling her closer.

 

“Mark fell in love once?! I didn’t even know that was possible!” She said jokingly. We all chuckled at that.

 

“Well, okay, you might think of me as the bad guy in the story. But since you want to listen, do not judge me!” He said and we nodded enthusiastically.

 

“Well…actually, the first girl I loved was my brother’s girlfriend.” He said and drank from his glass.

 

Jinhee and I both gasp in shock. So, this is the one I overheard Peniel talking about in Japan.

 

“How could you! Oops. No judging. Sorry.” Jinhee said.

 

 “Peniel was only 16 then, and he’s in a relationship with a girl two years older than him. They were having a hard time back then. Maybe because he’s still childish but the girl wants her man to be matured. Peniel asked for my help and for 2 months I’ve been with the girl more than Peniel was. I’m their bridge but suddenly I was drawn closer to the girl. It’s like she was a different girl, she’s not the girl I see with my brother. Then, one time, the girl said that she loves me and that she wanted to break up with my brother. I said that I like her too, but I felt bad for my brother and said that we can’t be together. I asked her to not break up with him. We acted as if we’re in a relationship when it’s just us two, but we clearly said that we’re not in a relationship.

At first, I didn’t realize that what we’re doing is wrong, maybe I was just blinded by love. But then, Peniel saw us one time when I walked the girl home. The girl kissed me by surprise. It was just a quick kiss. When I turned to walk to our house, I saw Peniel standing with an angry expression. Then, I knew he saw everything and maybe he knew it all along.”

 

“So what did you do after? Did you guys punch each other?” Jinhee asked. We chuckled but actually I wanted to ask that question too.

 

“I knew I was wrong, so I let him punch me. But he did not do it. He ran away from home. Next thing we knew he’s going to Seoul to train.”

 

“Then, how did you two come back to being close again?” I asked.

 

“I went once to his home in Seoul. He welcomed me like how he used to, like nothing went wrong. He’s that kind of guy. When he’s ready to forgive, he just acts like it didn’t happen. But of course my conscience won’t let me off just like that. I still said sorry and all, and promised to be a better brother. Then from time to time, I visit him here and introduce him to girls.” He said with a smile.

 

“Aigoo~ what a nice guy.” Jinhee said.

 

“That actually didn’t sound like your love story. Haha! It’s the story about you and you’re brother!” I said in conclusion.

 

We laughed and after a while, decided to go home and rest. It was a long day, but it was fun. I hope my last 3 weeks here would be fun and less dramatic. I promise to myself to only think of happy thoughts, treat things positively, and treat everyone as a precious thing. <3


Hey guys!

Thanks for reading!

Hope you're still enjoying the story :)

<3