Date

When Your Boyfriend Got Married

I woke up with an empty room again. Everyone’s doing their own work again while I was left here to do nothing. It’s already Thursday. I decided to go out for a walk in this early morning and shop for gifts I’d like to bring home.

 

I can feel the summer heat, yet it’s not like the summer in our country. It’s hot yet comfortable-- it’s like the usual weather at home! :)

 

I’m wearing comfortable clothes—light blue shorts, white flowy top, and cream-colored sneakers. I decided to eat breakfast at a café I usually go to. I sat at the one by the window and ate my pancakes while observing the people walking by. I took out my camera from my backpack and started capturing random photographs. I should take more pictures now so I can preserve this experience.

 

After eating, I walked by the street with my camera dangling on my neck, so that I would be ready with my camera if I spot something interesting. I walked around Myeongdong and it’s nice to walk here this early because there’s not much crowd. I waked around and bought some gifts for my family.

 

I was actually been wondering around alone for about 3 hours, until I decided that I need company. I decided to stay at this café for a while. I tried calling my friends but they’re busy or away from this area. I tried calling Key, he did not answer. If he’s busy then the rest of SHINee would also be busy. Then I called Peniel. Surprisingly, he answered quickly.

 

“Hello! Are you busy?” I said excitedly.

“Nope. Not until 4pm. Why?” He said.

“I need company. Haha! I’ve been walking around Myeongdong alone for a while now. I’ll treat you to lunch!”

“Hahaha! Okay. Where are you?”

“Café Benne. But we’ll go somewhere else to eat lunch. I’ll wait for you here.”

“Okay. I won’t take long.”

“Okay, bye!”

 

~~

 

“Huuuu…I still can’t get used to the spiciness of Korean food.” I said after I drank a glass of water quickly.

 

Peniel and I were at this small Korean restaurant to eat our lunch. Almost all of the meals served were spicy. And though I’ve been here for about 3 months already, I still find it too spicy. But still, it’s delicious and I enjoy eating it.

 

Peniel just laughed at me.

 

“I’ll treat you to ice cream or to something cold after we eat here. Haha!” he said.

“Thanks! I think I really need that!” We both chuckled and continued eating.

“By the way, I thought you have things to do today? That’s why you leave early last night.” I asked.

“Well, one, I didn’t leave early. That’s 10pm already. Haha! And two, it was earlier this morning. You called just as we finished.”

“What were you doing these days? I’m really not that updated with you guys anymore.”

“Nothing much. Just preparing for our comeback.” He said it like it was nothing.

“Really?! Oh yeah! I almost forgot about it! When will it be again?”

“You won’t be able to watch it live. It’s at the end of this month.” He said, quite disappointed.

“How’d you know about that? Did I tell you that I’m leaving at the end of this month?”

“Nope. Your friends did. Your other friends visit us often in our dorm or practice room. While you…tsk.” He said, sounding a bit sad, but smiled after.

“Aww…sorry.” I said. Feeling really guilty I just continued eating.

 

Peniel might have noticed the guilt I felt, he chuckled and sad that he was just kidding. I smiled but I still felt guilty.

 

“It’s okay. We know you want to be there more. Plus, you only have 3 weeks! I think half of your stay here you’re running away from them. It’s time to catch up and bond with them.” He said with a wide smile.

“Yeah. And they don’t even know I’ll be running away again.” I said as I ate my last spoonful of food.

“Huh? You’re not gonna tell them you’ll be leaving?” He said in shock.

“I’m thinking about it.” I said and drank my water.

“You can’t do that. If you won’t tell them, I will!” He threatened.

“Huh? Why?”

“That’s so cruel of you! By the way, why are you always running away from them? Don’t you want them as friends? If you don’t, why even start a friendship with them?” He said, sounding a bit angry. I was in shock, he seemed so affected.

 

He breathed in deeply to calm himself.

 

“Please, stop running away from them. Stop pushing them away.” He said. I was really curious why he’s so affected, but I decided to not ask about it.

“I’ll tell them, don’t worry.” I said assuringly. “What are you planning to do when I don’t tell them?” I quickly added with a smile to ease the tension.

“I’ll quickly run to them. Tell them you’re leaving. Punch Taemin and the face and tell him he’s stupid.” He said it seriously that I felt chills.

“Why would you do that?!” I said, sounding a bit angry. Then he laughed.

“I’m just kidding! I won’t do that to your precious Taemin! But I will really run to them and tell that you’re leaving.”

“What if they won’t believe you?”

“Then, I’ll just have to drag them to the airport.”

“What if they have work that time? A concert or show.”

“I’ll still drag them. Then there’ll be scandals and SHINee will go down and BTOB will replace their popularity!” I throw the tissue roll near me to his head.

“Yah!” I said.

“I’m kidding! Hahaha! Com’on let’s get some ice cream!” He said as he stood up. I followed and walked beside him.

 

We were walking to the ice cream shop when a thought suddenly poped in my mind.

 

“Hey, are BTOB and APink from the same company?”

“Yes, why’d you ask?” He looked at me as if accusing me of something.

“Nothing” I said. He just nodded and continued to walk.

“So, are you close with the other groups or artists in your company?” I said as we entered the ice cream shop.

 

We looked at the ice cream by the counter to pick the ones we want to eat.

 

“Yes, a bit.” He paid for our ice cream and we sat at farthest corner of the shop.

“So, are you and--”

“Apink and BTOB are close.” He answered before I could finish the question. He laughed and I forced a laugh too, a bit embarrassed asking about this.

“Hahaha! Do you want to know if Apink talks about Taemin or SHINee?” He suddenly asked.

“Huh? Do they?”

“Mm..yeah. A bit. Especially Eunji and Naeun.”

“Oh really? I’m quite a fan of Eunji! What is she like?”

“Are you sure you want to know about her? Not Naeun?” He asked teasingly. I just glared at him and he laughed.

“I’m just kidding! Hahaha! You look cute when you’re mad. Well, actually, we’re just as what you see on reality shows. Eunji is fun and cheerful and kinda gives off that strong aura.”

“I like her, especially for Key. Haha! Let’s set them up!”

 

We ended up talking more about Apink, BTOB and how close they are to each other. We stayed at the ice cream shop until it’s almost 4pm and Peniel has to go. We continued to talk while waiting for his manager.

 

“Ah. I’ll let you in some secret. Though you don’t want to talk about it, but this will make you happy. Naeun and Taemin keeps in touch and contacts each other off cam.” He whispered.

 

How can that make me happy?! Why did I even hear this?!

 

Upon seeing my reaction, he continued.

 

“But she doesn’t have that special feeling for him.” How can you be so sure?

“She has a non-celebrity guy. Though, they’re not really boyfriend-girlfriend. But they have been a thing even before she debuted.” He said with a proud smile.

“How’d you even know that? That might not be true.” I said seriously.

 

He just smiled and shrugged. Just in time, his manager arrived and called him. We hugged goodbye as we stepped out of the ice cream shop. We went in opposite direction and now I’m back to walking alone.

 

While walking, I saw this add showing the Han River. I haven’t been to Han River. So I called Jinhee to ask for directions. Good thing she answered the call, apparently it’s their break time. I followed her instructions and I safely arrived by the Han River.

 

I started taking photos of the scenery while I was walking leisurely. And then I came across this bike rental shop and I just have to ride a bike!

 

I rode the bike along the Han River, not knowing where it would lead me. I rode it with full speed to feel the air. This is such a happy moment, I could cry. :’)

 

Just as I was resting on the grass, taking photos again, my phone rang. It was Jihee.

 

“Hello?”

“Hi! Where are you?” She sounded so happy.

“I’m by the Han River, though I don’t know what this area is called. Hahaha!”

“Hahaha! We might go there too, Mark and I. Where’d you want to meet?”

“To the area near the station you told me. I’ll just go back there.”

“Okay! See ya!”

 

I started to ride my bike again after that phone call. While riding my back, I suddenly saw a familiar face jogging. It seems like Taemin, but his hair is too black, Taemin has brown hair now, right? Gosh, why am I seeing Taemin when I’m not really thinking of him?! Aigoo~ I’ve gone crazy. So I just continued my ride and pedalled fast to arrive at the area we would meet.

 

~~

 

“Hey! Anna! Where are you going?” I heard someone and I pulled on the break quickly and looked back. It was Mark and Jinhee. I was about to go pass them, good thing they called on me! :P

“Hey! Haha! Didn’t see you guys! I’ll just return this bike. Wait there.” I said as I walk pass them and returned my bike to the bike rental shop.

 

It was a bit dark now that the sun has already set. I walked back to them.

 

“So, where should we go?” I said excitedly.

 

The three of us walked to a small food stall and ate some snacks. After a while we walked by the river and took photographs. We have not done this before and it’s fun. I usually do this with my friends back home. We let each other see each other’s photographs and asked for tips on how to capture a scene better.

 

After about 2 hours of just strolling and taking photos, we decided to eat at this café that overlooks the Han River. The view’s pretty. The city lights were reflected at some parts of the river. You just can’t help but admire the scene.

 

“Anna, do you really have to leave by the end of the month?” Jinhee suddenly asked.

“Yeah. Why?”

“Well, the others are staying for another month. You’re the only one that would leave! It’s quite sad.”

“Hey, don’t feel so sad. It’s not like we’ll not see each other. Well, it might be long before we see each other again, but we’ll still keep in touch, right?” I assured her. Yeah, it’s a bit sad to leave these guys here. But I can’t do anything about it.

“Haaay…two months flew by so fast, doesn’t it?” I said with a smile.

“Oh, by the way, just to cut this drama. Mr. Hong would like you to report on Monday on his office. I think your whole next week would be busy.” Mark said.

“Really? Gosh! I’m excited!”

“You’re excited to be busy? Haha!” Jinhee asked.

“Right now, yes! You guys don’t know how bored I am this past week! I’m always alone in the dorm. You’re all busy!” I said.

“Omo! Are you mocking us for having to work on our special project?” Jinhee said jokingly. We all laughed.

“Could be.” I said jokingly. We laughed again. “But seriously, doing nothing is tiresome too.” I added.

“I can’t wait to have a rest and do nothing.” Mark said.

 

It was no 10PM. We were about to go home when I suddenly received a phone call.

 

“Wait. I’ll just have to take this call.” I said to the guys as we stepped out of the café. I walked by the river while the guys wait for me near the street.

 

“Hello? Taemin?”

“Anna, are you busy?” He sounds different, like there’s something wrong.

“Now, not really. Why?”

“Can we meet up?”

“Uhm. Where? I’m actually out with friends and we’re just about to go home. But I can just let them go first.” I said. I’m starting to get nervous. Is there a problem?

“Where are you?”

“Near Han River.”

“Okay. I can just go there. Can you just wait for me in one of the cafes nearby?”

“Yeah, sure. I’ll just be here at Gureum Café.”

“Okay. Thanks, Anna.”

“It’s okay. Bye.”

 

Then I ran to my two friends and told them that I’ll be staying for a while. I said that Taemin wants to meet and I’ll be waiting at the café we’re at.

 

“You can’t be here alone. We’ll stay until he arrives.” Mark said and Jinhee agreed to it. So we stayed at the one nearest the door so it’ll be easy for him to see us.

“Is there a problem? You look quite worried.” Jinhee asked.

“I actually don’t know. It’s just that, Taemin sounded so different when he called.”

“Don’t worry too much. It’ll be fine.” Jinhee said squeezing my hand in assurance. I smiled at her.

 

After about 30 minutes, Taemin arrived in a casual wear, like really casual you can notice that it is really SHINee’s Taemin!

 

I said goodbye to each of my friends and hugged them. Taemin and I went to the highest floor and into the outside terrace. It was so pretty up here, I just have to take a picture.

 

Then I remembered that Taemin’s standing next to me. I looked to my left and eyed him from head to toe. He might have noticed because he looked at me.

 

“Everyone can know that you are Taemin.” I said pointing at him from head to toe.

 

He just chuckled and shrugged. Before leaning by the rails and looking at the scenery again.

 

“So, what’s going on? Why did you suddenly call me?” I asked, leaning my back at the rails and crossing my arm.

 

He sighed deeply before answering my question. “It’s just that I’ve been thinking a lot lately. I just need a break and I thought I need a friend like you.” He said, still looking at the river.

 

I felt quite glad that he thought of me as his friend. Yet it still gives of a weird feeling.

 

“Then, tell me. What is it?”

“Tell you what?”

“Those things that you’re thinking.”

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

“I’m not ready to tell you yet.” I chuckled a bit by what he said.

“Then why would you call me? What would we do now? You won’t even tell me your problem.”

 

He chuckled a bit and smiled at me.

 

“We’ll just stay like this, looking at the scenery.”

I chuckled again. “You can do this alone. Why would you ask to meet me?”

“Because this scenery would look even better when you are with someone.” He said smiling while looking at the scenery.

“Then, why didn’t you bring the other members, or your other friends?” Or your wife…

 

He laughed and pinched my cheeks.

 

“Can you just stop asking questions?” He said with a wide grin while pinching my cheeks. He pats my cheeks lightly after and then pulled me closer to him.

“Let’s just stay like this for a while, even just for a minute. Then we’ll talk.” He said. We stayed quiet after that.

 

I looked at the scenery and the city lights and the river is really a perfect combination. I would like to get my camera and take a picture of this but Taemin’s arm is tightly wrapped around my shoulders.

 

It’s been more than a minute that we’ve been quiet. Taemin loosen his hold around me. Now I can finally breathe.

 

“Let’s go inside.” He said while walking.

“Wait!” I said as I pulled him by the arm and drag him to the rails again.

“Stay there for a while.” Then I started to take his picture with the city lights in the background. I also took a picture of his silhouette with the city lights in the background. I was looking at the photos in my camera happily when he snatched it away from me.

 

“Hey!” I said, but I was only dragged to the same position where he was before.

“I’ll take a picture of you.” He said happily.

 

I don’t know how to pose so I just stood there.

 

“Can’t you look happier? Hahaha!”

“I don’t know how to pose.” I said and I just smiled widely with my arm on the rails.

“Tch! You even posed ily with Minho hyung!” he said a bit angrily. “Jump shot!” He added happily.

 

And I did jump when he said. He saw those photos? Gosh! Now I’ll be more embarrassed!

 

“Enough of that. Let’s go!” I said as I walk to him to get the camera. But he put it high and I couldn’t reach it.

“Let’s take a photo together first.” He said. Lifting the camera high and posing with a V-sign. I just smiled happily beside him. The photo even captured the lights behind us, it was pretty.

 

“One more. Here, you do it.” He handed me the camera and I put it in a high angle just like how he did it.

 

We smiled, his one arm around my waist, and his other hand forming a V.

 

“One more!” He said happily.

 

We’re still in the same position. But when I was about to click the shutter button, he put both his arms around my waist and put his chin on my shoulder. I still managed to smile, though deep inside I’m a bit nervous. I also felt a bit mad, I already saw this pose. They did it in one of the WGM. Key showed me the photo.

 

“One more!” He said again.

“Aigoo~ This would be the last!” I said and he nodded enthusiastically, still hugging me from behind.

 

He’s still hugging me from behind. And just in time when I clicked the button, he kissed my cheek. I suddenly got nervous. I quickly put the camera down and looked around. Good thing there’s no one here except us.

 

“What were you thinking?! Someone might see us.” I said as I hit his arm. He just smiled proudly to himself and stretched his arms up in the air.

 

“Let’s go!” He said, grabbed my hand and walked inside the café. I let go of our hands as soon as we entered the café.

 

He ordered coffee and snacks while I wait in a table by the window. I look at him through the reflection. I felt nervous when I saw someone approach him and ask for a picture with him. Aish. People really recognize him! What should we do?

 

After a while, he walked towards our table with our coffee and snacks. I can’t help but look around at the people who might recognize him and might take pictures.

 

“Hey…” Taemin said  as he waves a hand in front of my face.

“Yah, Taemin-ah. People recognize you. Don’t you think it’ll be scandalous if you’re spotted with a girl?” I said, a bit panicy.

“Don’t worry. Just don’t mind them. You said you want to know what I’ve been thinking, right? I’ll tell you later, let’s eat this up first. Here.” He said as he put my coffee frappe in front of me.

“Tell me while we eat.” I said, diverting my attention to him.

 

He chuckled for a while before starting.

 

“Well, I was just thinking about my future a lot. How can I make my wealth grow? Where should I invest? Things like that. It’s just that, I don’t know what to do when I’m not an idol anymore.” He said seriously, but I can sense that it’s not really the reason why he called me.

“Seriously? You called me to talk about your wealth? I don’t even know anything about it. I’m not even working—well, part time, but that still don’t make me knowledgeable about money.” I said. He just chuckled.

“Com’on. Tell me the real reason. You sounded so problematic when you called me.”

“Well, truthfully, I just talked to our boss when I called you. I requested for something but he didn’t grant it. I just felt so sad that I want to forget about it for a while.” He said seriously as he eats his waffle.

“Maybe the request is a bit too much. Have you thought about it thoroughly before you asked? You should have considered every point before asking for that.” I said calmly.

“I thought of it for a while. But you’re right, maybe it’s just too much to ask. But still, I would try to ask for it after some time.”

“What is it about? Your request”

“I can’t tell you now. I’ll tell you some other time.”

“Okay.”

“Can I borrow your phone?” He said out of the blue.

“Why?” I asked while I hand my phone.

“I’ll just…” He didn’t finish his sentence and I didn’t ask again. It’s a shock that I was comfortable with him looking through my phone. I usually don’t lend it to anyone, even to the other members of SHINee. That’s why they usually use it behind my back.

 

We remained silent and I just continued eating while he uses my phone. We were quiet for a while until the snack on our plate is gone.

 

“By the way, I have good news. I’ll be doing a musical soon!” He said excitedly, returning my phone.

“Really? Wow! Congratulations! I know you’ll do great!” I said happily. “What’s the title?” I added.

“Goong. You know that?”

“Oh yeah? Wow! I watched that drama! So are you the crown prince?”

“The roles are not yet final. Hehe. Wish me luck.”

“You don’t need it. You’ll do great even without luck! Haha!”

“What did the guys say about that?”

“Well…actually I haven’t told them yet. You’re the first friend I told the news about. Hehe. I’ll tell them later when I get home.”

“Wow. I’m honoured, Prince Taemin.” I said with a bow. We laughed after.

 

“By the way, why does Mark call you Jesussi?” He asked curiously.

“I actually don’t know the meaning of that word. He’s been calling me that ever since we became close.” I shrugged, it was nothing for me.

“That’s the name you call your younger brother’s wife.” He said it in a bit mad tone. I was blank for a while and said nothing.

“Omo. Really? I didn’t even know! Aish! This dude is really—aish!” I quickly grabbed my phone and sent a message to Mark. Yah! I just found out what ‘Jesu’ means! Aish.

 

“Who’s his younger brother? Does he have a crush on you? Or are you dating his younger brother? Yah! I’m asking you! Who’s his younger brother??” He said, sounding quite frustrated. I looked up after sending the message to Mark.

“You’ve met him, right? That night before your birthday on that club in Gangnam. He’s Peniel’s older brother.” I said calmly.

“What? So are you and Peniel dating now?”

I laughed in shock. “No.”

“Then why is he calling you sister-in-law?”

“He’s just kidding around. He tried to set up me and Peniel before.” I said with a chuckle, remembering those days when he would always say that his brother and I make a lovely pair.

“And it didn’t work?” He said, sounding a bit proud.

“We became close friends. We’re like siblings now.”

 

Suddenly, some lights were being turned off in the café. I looked around and realized that we’re the only ones left and some of the staff are already cleaning up. I realized they’re just waiting for us to leave before they really close the café.

 

“I think we should leave.” I said to Taemin. He agreed and we got up from our seat.

 

We walked out and I was on my way to where the subway is when Taemin called me.

 

“Where are you going?”

“Home.” I said, quite unsure why he’s asking.

“I don’t think the subway’s still operating at this time.” He said, looking at his watch then to me.

“I can just drop you off.” He added.

“But I think our dorm is in the opposite direction of yours.”

“It’s okay. At least you’ll be safe.”

 

I looked around and yes, it’s a bit scary around here. Though I know that there would still be a lot of people by our area, I think it’s still safer to ride with Taemin.

 

“Okay.” And we went to his car.

 

It was a quiet ride, no one’s speaking or anything. The ride was also quick since the road’s clear, only a few vehicles.

 

All throughout our ride I was wondering how I should say goodbye. Is it better to just wave or bow? Or can I hug him like how we used to? Then, suddenly I realized that we’re in front of our dorm. I unbuckled my seatbelt hesitantly and smiled at him.

 

“Thanks for the ride. And for the snacks too.” I said with a slight chuckle.

 

He nodded and smiled. “I should be the one thanking you. Hope we can talk like this again some other time.”

“Yeah. Of course. No problem.” I said. He just smiled.

 

“So... drive home safely. Bye!” I said and gave him a quick hug before going out of the car in a flash. I looked through the window and waved goodbye to him. He have that wide smile and it made me smile widely too. He waved goodbye again before driving off. I waited until I can no longer see his car before I went inside.

 

Aigoo…my boring day became a fun day again. :)

Wait. Was my hug too quick? I didn’t even felt him hug back. Ok, next time I’ll make it 2 seconds.

 

~~

 

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I looked around and again, I’m alone in our dorm room. I answered the phone, it’s Key who’s calling.

 

“Hello?”

“Anna? Are you busy? Can you come over here at our dorm?” He sounds so worried.

“I just woke up. Why? Is there something wrong?” I said as I rub my eyes and sat up from bed.

 

“Taemin’s missing since last night and we can’t even contact him.”


Hello there~

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed! :)

~

WELCOME NEW SUBSCRIBERS AND READERS!

<3