Beautiful Stranger

Liking My Instagram Photo

 

 

It’s been a month and things were pretty much the same. We would still practice hard almost every day for our comeback, date still non – existent. At first, they told us that it would be this month but they had some sort of conflict with the schedule so it would be moved.

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal has been missing GD lately. She would always tell us how he is not able to contact her because of his packed schedule in his world tour. I understand the guy, I mean, moving from country – to – country every other day is pretty tiring. Add to that the rehearsals and interviews he has to take part in.

 

 

 

“Luna, move a little to the left!” Our choreographer shouted as he checked our blockings in one of our dance formations. She looked at him, trying to follow where his hand is flicking to. We were all concentrating, trying to remember our positions when suddenly someone’s phone rang.

 

 

 

“Sorry!” Krystal exclaimed while she was running to her bag. She swiftly opened it, fishing for her phone. She took it and immediately pressed the accept button.

 

“Hello?” She breathily said. Seeing her perk up a smile made me assume it was GD. We walked to her with Sulli resting her ear on the other side of the phone, trying to take in their conversation.

 

Krystal immediately turned around, startling the eavesdropping Sulli.

 

“Hey, I miss you so much.” She looked back at us. “Our members want to hear you too… Is it okay if I put the phone on loudspeaker?” Nodding her head, she held out her phone in front of us.

 

“Hey guys! Krystal said you wanted to hear me so… hi.”

 

“Hey GD!” We answered in chorus before sitting down on the floor. Krystal just smiled at us, following our action.

 

“So Krystal… I’ve been missing you a lot lately that I have made a present for you.”

 

“Present? What present?” She asked. In a few seconds, GD was rapping some lyrics I haven’t heard before. He composed a song for her, eh? How sweet… Some of our members stood up, clapping their hands. Luna tried to beatbox to the song, blasting beats here and there.

 

“Did you like it?” GD asked when he was finished rapping his song.

 

“Like it? I love it! Thanks, babe.” Krystal said, she mouthed ‘wait for a minute’ at us before leaving the dance room.

 

“Aww… GD’s so sweet.” Luna said, clasping her hands.

 

“Yeah, I wish I had a boyfriend like him.” Sulli joined in.

 

“Don’t worry girls, time will come and we will have boyfriends soon.” Victoria comforted them, rubbing their backs with her hands.

 

“Pfft… Whatever umma. We know you’re dating Changmin oppa.”

 

“I’m not dating him!” Victoria looked down. “We’re still at the courting stage.”

 

“Yeah right. Let’s go Luna and Amber. At least we still have each other.” Sulli faked a cry, dragging us with to the other side of the dance room.

 

 

 

You liked his song, Krys? I guess I really have no match for him. I still remember when I wrote a song for you. Well, not the whole song, only a part of it.

 

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

 

 

“You can do it Amber!” One of our composers cheered me up when she saw me staring at a blank sheet of paper.  

 

“Ugh… I don’t know, Misfit. What should I write about?” I looked at her.

 

“The song is about being in love with a stranger, a foreign being not understood by many. At first, you had a hard time conversing with him/her, because that being is different from us. But later on, you unconsciously fell in love with that being, realizing that it’s not so strange, being with him/her.” She put her clenched fist over her chest, feeling each word she is saying.

 

“You really get so into your songs, huh?”

 

“That’s why I’m a composer, idiot” She smacked me at the back of my head.

 

“Now write some lyrics.” I saw her walk over to Krystal and Luna, who were busy practicing their lines. Being the three strongest vocals in our group, our producer decided to allot one song for us in the album. The song will be entitled ‘Beautiful Stranger’ but it’s still not finished. The only lacking part is my rap part, which I’m currently working the lyrics on. And I might say I’m doing a bad job at it, with my paper being blank.

 

“Beautiful Stranger…” I mumbled to myself, tapping the pen on the table. Looking ahead, I could see Krystal who had a blank face on, staring at the lyric sheet.

 

So cute, looking lost like that. I looked at her, smiling widely as I scribbled some lyrics on the blank paper. She turned to my direction, tilting her head as she pondered on why I was smiling weirdly at her. I did my best imitation of her blank face before pointing back at her. In reply, she stuck her tongue at me.

 

Looking back down, I focused my attention to writing. I remembered how I became close to Krystal. When I first got to Korea, I felt lost. The culture in this country is so different from mine back in the States. When our manager asked Krystal, an English speaking trainee, to help me out, I felt uncomfortable. From the other trainees, I heard that she is a pretty cold person. I couldn’t imagine how she would give me a good time learning about Korea. But as I got to know her, I realized that they were a little bit mistaken about her. Maybe they didn’t know her that well to make a rash judgement. Yeah, she may be cold at times, but they failed to see her other side; the side that would feed me rice whenever I would complain how much I dislike it but end up eating it because of her; the side that would call me up at night, checking if my Korean got any better, where we would end up talking on the phone until the sun comes up; the side that would hug me tight whenever I would cry myself out, missing my family. They never saw this side of Krystal that I saw and from that moment on, I realized that she was misunderstood, some sort of ‘Beautiful Stranger’.

 

 

 

I looked at my paper, which was now filled out until the bottom. “Wow Amber, how did you get your inspiration pretty fast?” She patted my back before grabbing the paper on the table, examining it.

 

“Just got some inspiration from past experiences.” I looked briefly at Krystal before smiling back at our composer.

 

 “This is… pretty good! I’ll fix this up with the rest of the song before we start recording, okay?” I nodded back at her as she walked away to the other room. Krystal and Luna came walking in, sitting on the two seats beside me.

 

Krystal poked my cheek. “Hey dork, I heard you’re finished with the rap. Is it good?”

 

 “Sure it is. I wrote it!” I grinned at her.

 

“Aren’t we a little too humble?” She turned my chair around to face her, massaging my shoulder while smirking at me.

 

We both turned around, immediately separating from each other as we heard an inhumane squeal beside us. Luna stood up, standing in between us, arms beside her waist.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh my god, really! You guys are so lovey – dovey that what your shippers catch on cameras don’t compare with what you do behind closed walls!” She covered , suppressing her squeals. Krystal stood up from her chair, sitting down on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her. It’s to prevent her from falling off, okay?

 

“Geez Luna… You make it sound like we’re doing something naughty!” I said, which earned a hard pinch on my thigh from the maknae.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes at me before looking back at Luna. “You’re such a shipper; I bet you’re our ship’s president.”

 

Luna eyes widened. “Can I?” I saw her fish her phone from her right pocket. “And I should really take a picture of this, it’s too cute.”

 

 

 

 

 

*SNAP*

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah! Why did you-” I was unable to finish my sentence as Krystal pressed her back unto my body, blocking my mouth with her hair. Mmm… Smells like strawberry!

 

“It’s okay Luna. Just don’t post it on your me2day, okay?” She said before standing up from the chair, letting me breath freely again. Standing up behind them, I also checked out the photo. I moved my head from side to side to be able to see something.

 

“Hey Luna, can we pass as sisters?” I asked which earned me a heavy stomp on my foot.

 

“Oww!”

 

“Don’t ask stupid questions, Amber.” Krystal said before stepping in the recording room.

 


“What?” I waved my hands in annoyance. Luna stood before me, giving me a disappointed look.

 

“You shouldn’t ask questions like that! It hurts our maknae.” She gave me one last look before stepping in the recording room with Krystal.

 

“Why would it hurt? I have nice features.” I looked at my reflection on the glass door to my left, examining my face.

 

 

 

“Yeah… I’m y.” I puckered up my lips, doing y poses like I was in some kind of photo shoot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey guys... I just made a short update to ask you... DID YOU SEE THE MINOR KRYBER MOMENT IN THE ART FILM? It's driving me crazy... :) )