My Best Friend Knows Best

Liking My Instagram Photo

 

 

“Eww… Back off Min. You’re creeping me out.” I pushed her playfully. She sat at the seat beside me, ordering a drink before looking back at me.

 

“I came here so you won’t feel that left out… But I guess you don’t need me.” She motioned to leave but I locked her with my arm.

 

“What are you talking about? You know I need my best friend.” I tightened my grip on her, placing her on the empty seat at my right.

 

“You seem to be enjoying yourself awhile ago with the Big Bang members. It’s funny seeing them being all over you.” She smirked at me, sipping her drink.

 

“I seriously don’t know what’s up with them, Min. It’s like they’ve never seen a girl before.” I nodded to the bartender who just passed by me, setting down the beers for me and Min.

 

“Do they know you’re gay?” She questioned me.

 

“Of course not!”

 

Min encircled the tip of the bottle with her finger. “ for them… Amber Liu, a girl they’ll never have.”

 

“I don’t really understand why they’d want me…” I mumbled to myself.

 

 “You don’t get it do you? You have that effect on people, girl or boy. You have that neutral charm that makes them crazy for you. Do you really wanna know how many hearts you have unconsciously broken?

 

“I don’t wanna know, Min. And you know that there’s only one person I have my eyes set on…” I turned my body around and rested my elbows on the bar table. While gulping my beer, I stared intensely at the dance floor.

 

 

 

“But her eyes seem to be set to someone else…”

 

 

 

I took one hard sip at my beer, finishing it as my eyes grazed on Krystal who was dancing happily with GD. He leaned in to whisper in her ear which elicited laughs from Krystal. I really like when you laugh like that Krys, it brings out the side that people rarely see in you. But it hurts when I see someone else rather than I make you laugh…

 

“Stop looking at her, she might melt.” Min said to me but my eyes stood there, looking at her body dancing in sync with the music. It’s like watching a picture perfect movie… I could watch her all day. Why didn’t I realize how I feel for you, Krys? Why only now?

 

“You still have a chance you know… She isn’t married to him yet. They aren’t even dating for crying out loud!”

 

“I… I don’t know how to tell her. I don’t even know if I should tell her.” I looked down.

 

 

 

 

 

What if she rejects me?

 

 

 

 

 

Wouldn’t that be awkward?

 

 

 

 

 

Seeing the face of the person who rejected you almost every day? It’s like a daily dose of pain, reminding me of what I lost.

 

 

 

 

 

“Why? Because of the homophobic nature of the people in Korea? That’s a lame excuse, Amber. We all know that it is quite acceptable inside the idol world for gay people to date each other. You just have to be really careful.”

 

I clenched my chest. “I’ll just… keep my feelings inside. I think that’s for the best.”

 

Min faced me, poking my chest. “You can’t dictate what your heart feels, Amber. It’ll just… Make you want her more if you hold back. Just tell her!”

 

“…” I was left speechless, engrossed in my thoughts of Krystal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I need to go to the restroom.” Min stood up, walking to the restroom.

 

I turned my body around. “Why is loving someone hard? Aish… Another beer please!” The bartender immediately walked to my area, placing a bottle of beer in front. As I was enjoying my bottle of beer, I suddenly heard someone talking on the microphone. I looked around to the stage, seeing a man wearing a white polo shirt, cue card in hand.

 

“Good evening my dear VIP guests! As you all know, it’s already our closing time so all the customers downstairs have already left the club but for our special guests… the night has just begun!” He paused, expecting some claps from the guests to be only met by thin air.

 

He cleared his throat. “As I was saying, in an hour all the lights will be turned off and the whole club will be pitch - black. We’ll have a little game… A little hide and seek as you might say but this will be a special hide and seek.”

 

 

 

 “I know some, if not most of us have a little special someone here. When the lights turn off, try finding that special someone throughout the whole club. When you finally found someone, trying feeling that person. Touch him or her, make that person feel comfortable and if you feel right, ask if you could kiss that person. Don’t kiss someone without his or her permission; I don’t want anyone suing for ual harassment or something.” He paused again, expecting a laugh from the crowd only to hear none.

 

“Okay, that’s all. Remember, the ‘lights out’ event will commence in an hour! The announcer said before getting off the stage.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, enough with that. Let’s continue with the party!” The DJ shouted before resuming with the party music. Finishing my beer, I walked to the northern part of the room where there is a sliding door leading to the balcony. As I opened the door, the fresh air immediately welcomed me.

 

“Finally, some breathing space!” I exclaimed, resting my arms on the railings of the balcony. Staring at the beautiful city of Seoul before me, I watched the cars pass by the city streets.

 

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” I heard Krystal say as she stood at the spot beside me, staring at the city before her. I looked at her, seeing the moonlight shine its light upon her flawless face.

 

“Yeah, it’s beautiful.” You’re beautiful, Krystal Jung.

 

“So beautiful it hurts.” I continued staring at her, immediately looking away when she looked back at me.

 

“Why do you say so?”

 

“When you see something beautiful, it attracts you to it, but the fact that you can never have it hurts you deep inside. So you just tend to look at it, observe its beauty.”

 

“Oww!” I felt a pain in the back of my head as she slapped it.

 

“You can’t have a whole city, you pabo!”

 

“I guess I can’t…” I let out an awkward laugh.

 

“So… You still mad at me?” She gently held my chin, making me face her. She was looking at me intensely and I can’t help but observe her face. She had dark circles under her eyes, more prominent than the usual. What’s been bothering you lately, Krystal? Is it because I’ve been avoiding you? I’m expecting too much again. Why would bother yourself with someone like me?

 

“No… You know I can’t stay mad at you, princess.” I smiled at her but she just let go of my chin, looking back at the city.

 

“You did… Before.” She looked down.

 

“When?”

 

“Remember when you had an ankle injury back in 2010?” I nodded at her.

 

“I always called you in L.A. from time to time to catch up with you and when I told you that I was dating Minho… You kind of acted cold towards me. I really didn’t know why but you started avoiding me, not answering my calls. That lasted for a pretty long time.”

 

“Guess I was pretty messed up that time, with my ankle hurting and such…” I lied. At that time, I didn’t know why I have gotten really mad at her when she told me she was dating Minho. But now, everything is perfectly clear. I was jealous of Minho and now… I’m jealous of GD.

 

“I guess so… We broke up a few months after anyway so I guess you were right about him not being the one for me.” She held my shoulder, letting me face her.

 

“Look Amber… I really hate it when we fight, okay?” She held me hand, looking at me in the eyes. “You’re special to me. You’re like my second sister.” Ouch. You should’ve just left out the last sentence, Krystal.

 

My heart still hurts but I still managed to let out a smile. “You’re special to me too, Krystal.” I looked at her, brushing away the hair blocking her face.

 

 

 

“Aww… You two have made up, eh?” GD came in, smiling at us.

 

“Yeah…”

 

He clapped his hands. “Well then… Shall I borrow Krystal for a while? I wanna make sure she’s near me when the lights go out. Don’t want other guys kissing her. “He smirked at me. I looked at Krystal; she had her eyes on the floor, hiding the blush on her face.

 

“Yeah sure… You guys have fun.” I waved at them as GD gently pulled Krystal away, putting on my best smile. I seriously should get an acting award for this.

 

 

 

“You’re the pabo, Krys… I was talking about you, not the city.” I said to myself as I looked at the city in front, seeing random couples holding hands with each other.

 

“I guess it’s easier to have the city than you.” I turned around, leaning my body on the railing. I stayed there for a long time. This was a rare moment for me. I’m always around people but for now… I wanted to be alone.

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. I lost my internet connection for a week. Not much Kryber moments lately, huh? It's making it really hard for me to write. :(

 

Anyways, schools back for us so maybe after a few chapters the updates would be slowing down a bit. Sorry. A few Kryber moments would help you know? :))

 

And for those who thought the girl was Krystal, sorry. It was Min. But don't worry, Krystal would

show up in the next chapters.)