First Impressions

Liking My Instagram Photo

 

 

 

“Food’s ready!” Victoria shouted from the dining area.

 

“Wow! So many dishes! Did you plan on cooking for the whole of China?” I asked as I sat beside Krystal. Luna and Sulli sat opposite us. Being the mother hen, Victoria sat at the middle of the table.

 

“Oh come on, Amber. You know Krystal could finish half of those dishes.” Victoria rolled her eyes.

 

“Unnie~”

 

“I’m just saying the truth. Your ‘wife’ should be more informed of those things!” Victoria told Krystal while pointing at me. I felt myself blush as I looked at Luna and Sulli who seemed to be laughing at our conversation.

 

“This seems nice.” Krystal said.

 

“What does?” Luna asked as she took a big serving of bulgogi.

 

“Having no secrets? I just feel that all the weights been lifted off, you know?”

 

“That’s how it’s supposed to be. Remember this, we’re not just co-members… but family.” Victoria took Krystal’s hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

 

“Family.” We said to each other as we held each other’s hands. No more words were needed. The 5 years we’ve been together has not shaped us to become mere co-workers, but family members who can count on each other in times of distress. And no amount of time spent away from each other due to individual activities can change that.

 

“Aishh let’s eat guys. We’re being too emotional here!” All of us obliged focusing on the dishes. I took a glance at Krystal who was happily munching on the grilled beef.

 

“Yah! Focus on your food!” Victoria poked my cheek with her chopstick.

 

“Amber… Krys…” Luna called us.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can you guys tell us more about your ‘love story’?”

 

“Aish… The shipper’s at it again.” Sulli groaned.

 

“Well aren’t you curious, Sulli? Come on, tell us! Or I’ll be taking those dishes!” Victoria jokingly threatened us.

 

“Uhmm…” I thought deeply.

 

“Seriously?! You can’t remember? Ugh stupid stupid stupid… STUPID!” She slapped my back playfully.

 

“I’m sorry princess! It’s just that… There are so many moments!”

 

“Hmm… When did you start liking her then?” Luna dropped her chopsticks, probing in further.

 

“I guess it was the first time we met?” I answered.

 

“When was that? When Mr. Shin introduced her to us as the new trainee?”

 

“No… It was way before that actually. It’s kind of funny.” I let out a chuckle remembering our first encounter.

 

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“I’m gonna be late… I’m gonna be late… I’M GONNA BE LATEEEEEEE!” I squealed as I ran towards the entrance of SM Ent’s building. Today’s my first official day as a trainee so I’m feeling really nervous. Besides, being in the same building with my favourite girl group? Finally!   I even brought my SNSD merch in case I see them. Gosh I’m such a fan.

 

Keep calm Amber. Even when your future wife Taeyeon comes out of the door. Keep calm. I said in my head as I approached the door.

 

What’s the combination? 1345? Or is it 1534? Damn! I mentally cursed as I kicked the glass door. Fishing my phone from my backpack, I turned around as I felt someone standing behind me.

 

“Who are you? Are you trying to break-in?” I turned around and saw a beautiful, young girl staring at me with her arms crossed. Wait. Is she glaring? Gosh… She’s so pretty. She’s even prettier than Taeyeon. And that says a lot. Since Taeyeon is like… My wife.

 

“Uhh…” I scratched the back of my head, trying to form coherent words.

 

“Are you a sasaeng fan?” She squinted her eyes.

 

“No…I” As if luck wasn’t on my side, my SNSD merch fell off my bag, spreading out on the floor. I saw how her eyes widened before she screamed.  

 

“SECURITY!!!

 

“No… Wait!” Out of panic, I ran to her and carried her away from the door.

 

“Yah! Put me down you erted guy! I’m not Yoona if that’s what you think!” She kept on pounding me with her fists but I focused on carrying her until we were far from the entrance.

 

“I’ll put you down IF you stop screaming at me. Deal?” I can’t help but smile as I heard her mumble ‘fine’.

 

“I’m not a sasaeng fan. I’m a new trainee here. See?” I held out an ID. She stared blankly at me for a while before realizing what I said.

 

“Omo! I’m so sorry! It’s just that you looked really weird kicking the door and when the posters flew out I just…”

 

“It’s okay. My name’s Amber by the way.” I offered my hand and she gently shook it.

 

“Krystal. And that’s a pretty girly name you have there.”

 

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. “That’s because I’m a girl.”

 

“What?”

 

 

 

Krystal. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

“Omo! BWAHAHAHA!” Luna tried to hold her laugh but failed miserably.

 

“How about you, Krystal? When did you start liking her?” Sulli asked.

 

“Well… We were walking around in Hongdae when 2 guys blocked us and started hitting on me.”

 

“Wait, this is what the reporter said on air, right?” Luna asked.

 

“Yeah… But that’s not all that happened.” I smiled seeing how Krystal bit her lip and blushed.

 

So she remembers, eh?

 

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

Krystal and I just finished shopping in Hongdae. We we’re already walking out of the district when Krystal came to a halt and rushed back inside. She asked me to stay here to guard her shopping bags and being the obedient servant I am, I stayed. But it has been 10 minutes already and I’m having a bad feeling about this.

 

“Aishhh!” I cursed as I ran back inside. As I took a left at the street she normally shops on, I her being surrounded by 2 tall, muscular guys.

 

 

 

“Hey, pretty girl. What’s your name?” One guy asked.

 

“Well… I’m… single.” Another guy retorted. I ran towards them and brushed off the second guy’s arm that was resting in Krystal’s shoulder.

 

“What are you doing, man?” I said as I put my arm around Krystal’s waist. I felt her tense by my action. Ahh… Damn these guys. Krystal must be scared!

 

“So you’re the ‘supposed to be’ boyfriend? I ain’t buying that dude. You’re too pretty for her. I bet you’re gay or something.”

 

“Yeah. You’re too pretty for a guy. Do you want me to hit on you too? Sorry bro, I don’t swing that way.” He waved his hands frantically.

 

The first guy took a step forward. “Well, if you’re really straight as a stick, why don’t you try kissing your little ‘girlfriend’ over here?” He pointed at Krystal.

 

WHAT? Kiss Krystal? She’s going to kill me! I looked at her and she’s just looking at the floor, with her hair covering her face.

 

Oh well… Safety first, I guess.  

 

I held Krystal by the waist, brushing away the hair covering her face as I held her chin, pulling her in for a kiss. Closing my eyes, I can feel her body freeze as her lips come into contact with mine. I can’t really count it as a real kiss since our lips were just placed securely against each other. I mean, that’s so not how we kiss in the States!

 

“Come on dude. Let’s go. It’s clear that they’re dating.” I heard one dude say as I kept my lips on Krystal’s.

 

“Girls really like flower boys these days, huh?” The other guy said as they walked away. When they were far from our line of sight, I pulled away from the kiss, panting.

 

“…Krystal?” I said, waving my hands, seeing her still frozen as she held her lips.

 

“That was…” I gulped as a saw her stare at me with her lifeless eyes.

 

“MY FIRST KISS!” Seeing her fist raise up in the air, I immediately ran for cover.

 

“I’m sorry Krys! It was a security measure! Ow!” I shouted as she kept on hitting me a random stick she picked up from the ground.

 

“If it makes you feel better, it wasn’t really considered a kiss.”

 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! YOU’RE LIPS TOUCHED MINE! IF THAT WASN’T A KISS THEN WHAT WAS THAT, HUH?!” She said, pointing her stick wildly at my direction.

 

“Lip…touching? “I answered, unsure.

 

“Well… You have to take responsibility for what you’ve done.” She said, thinking deeply.

 

“How?” I gulped. This is not good.

 

She looked at me deeply, eyes glimmering. “Be my servant, FOREVER.”

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

“But you liked it back then, didn’t you?” I wriggled my eyebrows.

 

“Well… Duh.” Krystal said matter-of-factly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ahhhh… I’m so full!” I said while patting my tummy. Victoria cooked a lot of delicious food and who can say no to that? She gets a little overboard sometimes being passionate with her cooking. But I’m not complaining because they’re all so good!

 

“I’m not.” I looked at Krystal, bewildered.

 

“But you ate 2 plates of bulgogi, 2 plates of samgyupsal and another 2 plates of bibimbap! Where did all the food go?” I poked her abs playfully.

 

“Yah! As if you’re not used to this already! You better feed me well, my wifeu… Arasso? And this is another kind of hunger…” She said the last part ily while biting her lip, looking at me.

 

“But Princess, we just did it last night! Aren’t you tired?”

 

“Annyeo. Come on. Pleasure me, SERVANT.” She said, dragging me to my room. 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey guys! Long time no see, eh? I know you don't expect me to update anymore since I've been MIA for so long. Being a graduating student is so stressful. Any readers here who are Accountancy majors? T.T Anyways, I think I'm going to finish this one since it's nearing the end already. :D )