It's Too Late

Liking My Instagram Photo

 

 

I woke up and I haven’t slept this good for a long time. Maybe it’s because I slept beside Krystal? Even though I wasn’t beside her in the way I wanted it to be, I still felt happy to be beside her… as a friend.

 

“What are you doing there looking all dazed and lost?” I looked up and saw Krystal leaning on the door, staring at me with her dark eyes.

 

“I just woke up Krys… You know I need a few minutes to snap back to reality before I fully wake up.” I replied while searching for my shoes.

 

“Aish…” Krys made a pout before dragging me downstairs. “Come on I want you to taste the pancakes I made!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Come on take a bite Am! I want to know how it tastes like!” Krystal said in a high pitched tone, excitement dawning on her face.

 

“Aish… How do I know this is not poisoned? I remember you telling me you want the llama species extinct.” The pancakes she made looked REALLY mouth-watering, with the chocolate oozing out of it but I just want to .

 

She crossed her arms, pouting. “I take that back. Princesses are not princesses without their servants. Now eat.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” I nodded before taking the fork. Uttering a silent prayer, I cut a piece and put it into my mouth.

 

“So… How was it?”

 

“It’s DAEBAK princess.” I gave her two thumbs up.

 

“Good! Now I don’t want you to leave a single stain on your plate. it if you must. Got it?” I was too busy finishing her delicious pancakes that I didn’t hear her last two words.

 

“Got it? Yah!” She slapped my hand.

 

“Arraso princess! Just let me eat in peace!”

 

 

 

 

 

After eating our pancakes, Krystal and I head to the sink to wash the plates and utensils. I tried my best to cheer her up but she’s back to her quiet state.

 

I finished wiping a plate before calling her attention. “Krys?”

 

“Hmm?” She mumbled while washing the other plates. I turned off the faucet and placed my hands on her shoulders, letting her face me.

 

“Are you okay? I mean, after what happened last night?” I brushed away the strands of hair covering her beautiful face.

 

“Yeah… Thanks Amber. For staying with me.” I felt Krystal envelop her arms around me so I pulled her into a tight hug. We stayed like that for a while, feeling each other’s presence. Feeling each other’s warmth.

 

“Now that my princess is okay… I guess it’s time for…” I sneakily got the detachable faucet and aimed it at her.

 

“A BATH!” I ran away as soon as I sprayed a hefty amount of water on her body.

 

“YAH! Come back here! You’re the one who’s stinking you llama!” I fastened my pace, feeling Krystal a few steps behind me. Damn! Why did I even challenge an athlete?

 

After running for a while my pace began to slow down, allowing Krystal to grab my shirt.

 

“Gotcha!” She smirked as she turned me around to face her.

 

“I’m sorry princess. Let’s be at peace, okay?” I gave her my dorky grin. She just sighed in response.

 

“Aish alright. Let’s just sit on the couch first. You made me tired!” Krystal sat on the couch, panting. Knowing Krystal gets tired easily, I fetched water for the both of us before sitting down.

 

“Thanks.” Krystal gave me a sweet smile before drinking the glass of water. We were both silent for a while until Krystal told me something that made my insides boil.

 

 

 

“GD must be worried right now. Maybe I should call him.” She pulled out her Iphone in an attempt to call her boyfriend but I just snatched it away from her.

 

“No.” I sternly said.

 

“Why not?” She tried to grab it from my hand but I just placed it on my pocket.

 

“I said no. If he’s worried about you he should have called.”

 

“What the hell’s wrong with you Amber?! Give me my phone!” She searched through my pocket but I was able to grab her phone first, throwing it on the floor.

 

 

 

“I SAID NO KRYS!”

 

 

 

She looked at me like I was some madman. She retrieved her phone before looking back at me. “What’s your problem?!”

 

 

 

 

 

“GD GD GD! EVERY FREAKING TIME! CAN’T YOU UTTER ANOTHER GODDAMN WORD FOR ONCE!” I stood up from the couch, my body shaking with anger.

 

 

 

“Your scaring me, Am.” She whispered as a response. You’ve got to calm yourself, Amber. I rarely get mad so I can expect her to be surprised. I walked to her and pulled her up to face me.

 

 

 

“Why can’t it be me, Krys?”  I looked deep into her eyes while holding her hand, hoping she’d feel the sincerity out of every word I say.

 

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

 

“Why can’t it be me?”

 

 

 

“WHERE WAS HE WHEN YOU WERE ATTACKED BY FANS?! WHERE WAS HE WHEN YOU FELT LONELY AND ALONE?! I WAS HERE BY YOUR SIDE WHEN YOU NEEDED THAT GOOD-FOR-NOTHING BOYFRIEND OF YOURS! EVEN THOUGH I KNOW I’M NOT ENOUGH! I WAS ALWAYS HERE!”

 

 

 

“Then why didn’t you?” I looked at her, confused.

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you fight for me Amber?” What? Does she feel the same way?

 

 

 

“Back then, I was so confused of all those feelings I have for you. I was afraid. What if I confessed to you but you didn’t feel the same way? I didn’t want to break the closeness we have Amber… So I waited for you to make a move. And when you didn’t… I guess it’s just time for me to move on and accept that you’ll only treat me as a little sister… But now THIS?!”

 

 

 

“Why only now Amber?!” She pulled her hand away from my grip, before pushing me away. I didn’t react to her actions. My heart felt too numb for my body to feel anything right now.

 

 

 

 

 

“So it’s all messed up now, huh?” I replied, putting an effort to utter each word while I wipe the tears attempting to fall down on my face. I looked at her, waiting for her reply. Come on Krys… Tell me that everything would be alright… That we’d make a way.

 

 

 

 

 

But all I got from her was a nod while saying… “Yeah, it’s too late now, Am. Even though I loved you, it’s too late.” She looked down on the floor, avoiding eye contact.

 

 

I walked towards her, raising her chin up to face me. “Don’t you love me anymore?” I wanted to know if she still has feelings for me so I’d know if I could still fight for her… If it is still a battle worth fighting for.

 

 

 

 

 

SILENCE.

 

 

 

 

 

I leaned closer to her face, attempting to press my lips against her but she faced the other side, avoiding any contact. “Am… Don’t.”

 

 

 

I sighed, brushing my hair with my fingers. “I guess I got my answer then…” I turned around, not looking at her reaction and headed straight for the door.

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: First of all, I'd like to apologize for this super late update. I actually finished writing this story already but my computer caught a virus which erased all the files of my fics... ALL OF THEM... T_T That's also why I deleted my We Got Divorced story. I was writing the seventh chapter already then BOOM! It's all gone... T_T That's why I'm kind of lost with this fic too... I got to start from scratch. :( )