How Long Can I Wait?

Liking My Instagram Photo

 

 

I traced each step as I make my way to the rooftop of YMC Entertainment’s Building. The elevator would only lead up to the 20th floor so you have to take a separate set of stairs to be able to enter the rooftop. I am familiar with the place because every time Ailee was frustrated and depressed, she would come up here to clear her thoughts.

 

I stopped in my tracks as my eyes caught a glimpse of her back. She stared at the bustling city of Seoul with her arms wrapped around her body, shielding herself from the cold.

 

 

 

Ailee...” Hearing her name, she turned to look at me.

 

“Amber.”

 

“How do I say this…?” I said, pacing back and forth.

 

 

 

“Let’s break up.” She simply said.

 

“That’s what you’re going to say, right?” I looked at her, surprised.

 

“I kind of… Actually saw it coming.”

 

“…How?”

 

“Remember the day before I left for the U.S.?” I nodded.

 

 

 

“When I went home, I felt guilty about leaving you alone while you were badly hurt. After a few tosses and turns in my bed, I changed my mind and drove back in your house. And when I opened the door, I saw you with… With her.”

 

“And it hurt. It ing hurt right here…” She harshly pounded her chest. I started approaching her but her hand prevented me to go near her.

 

“I’m sorry Ailee…” I looked at the floor, keeping my head down.

 

“So I convinced my company to give me a World Tour. Because I know that when I come back, this would happen. You’d break up with me.”

 

 

 

I raised my head, feeling guilty as I saw her half-hearted smile. “But I can’t run away forever… right?”

 

“So I’m breaking up with you.”

 

 

“I’m sorry for not keeping my promise… Of making you fall in love with me.” She turned around, wiping the tears from her face. I moved towards her, pulling her in for a hug. I felt her restrain me but I stood my ground.

 

“I’m sorry Ailee… I’m sorry.” I whispered as my arms enveloped her waist.

 

“Don’t make it harder than it already is, Amber.” She said, pulling away. She took a few steps before walking away.

 

 

 

“I don’t want us to be strangers again. But… I need some time. I don’t know how long.” She said before closing the rooftop door.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been a week since that encounter with Ailee and it has been affecting me. I’ve just lost a really good friend and I don’t even know if we’ll ever go back to being ‘friends’ after all that I’ve done. But at least I’ve been upfront with her about my feelings. I think it would just hurt the both of us if I didn’t.

 

I’ve just been staying in my apartment lately if I don’t have any tapings or schedules. My friends would hit me up through text, asking me to hang out with them, but I always refuse. I guess I just needed some time alone. And the fact that I had a fight with Krystal before she went to New York for her photo shoot just made me sink deeper.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

Princess

would like to face time…

 

“How did it go?”

 

“Not good. As expected. Can I see you? I miss you Krys. And… I really need someone right now.”

 

“Amber, you know we can’t do that yet. We’re keeping a down low. Remember?”

 

“We can hang out in my apartment. No one will see us here.”

 

“Amber…you know I can’t. I can’t risk things now after what happened to Jess.”

 

“Can you be less paranoid just for a moment?”

 

“Amber…”

 

CALL ENDED 11:09

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

“Aish!” I threw my phone on the floor as I remembered my last conversation with Krystal. Feeling something bounce on my bed, I stretched my neck to check.

 

“Ahhhh!” I screamed as my puppies jumped on me the same time, my face.

 

 

“Jack-Jack Ah~ Gongju-yah~” At least I have my dogs to brighten up my day. I then sat up, looking at my dogs as they played with each other.

 

“Now you’re just making me miserable. My dogs have a better love life than me” I pouted, seeing them each other’s face off.

 

 

 

And I’ll be seeing her in a few days since Victoria invited us four to an all – expense paid trip to Jeju due to her recent success with her drama in China.

 

 

 

Ottoke?

 

 

“Are you guys all set? Krystal’s taking too long.” Our manager looked at his watch, checking the time.

 

“Typical Krystal. I guess she’s not yet finished packing her whole house.”

 

 

 

“I’m here guys! Was I too early?” She smiled at Vic and Luna’s direction.

 

“Yah Jung Soojung! Hurry or we’ll be late for our flight!” Vic unnie pulled her in, causing her to topple over them. I gulped, seeing Soojung seated in front of me.

 

 

 

I miss you Krystal…

 

 

 

I reached out for her , shown through her outfit. I caressed it with the back of my hand.

 

She looked back at me, eyebrows raised. “Yes?”

 

I shook my head. “Nothing. There’s just some dirt on your back. Here.” I wiped it again, harder this time.

 

“Thanks.” She curved a smile before looking back at the front again.

 

 

 

“You guys still fighting?” Luna leaned in, whispering in my ear. I nodded in response.

 

“Don’t worry Ber. I’ll help you guys have your alone time to talk.” She made an ok sign at me.

 

“Thanks, Lun – Lun.”

 

 

(A/N: I really apologize for not updating as often as I used too. School's taking up too much time. Anyways, I will update as much as I can and I will not leave you guys hanging. ;)