Potential Boyfriend

Liking My Instagram Photo

*FLASHBACK*

 

 

Finally! After a few hours of recording, we’re done with the song. Krystal was the first one who sang her parts, followed by Luna. They have improved a lot in their vocals and they really showcased it a lot with this song. But besides the technical ability, another aspect greatly important in the song is the feel. We have to feel and mean every word we sing. Our producers greatly applauded us, telling us how much feeling we put into it. They even commented on my lyric making. I just scratched the back of head in response.

 

“You’re really good, Amber.”

 

“Yeah, you should write more in your next songs.”  

 

 

 

 

 

After the recording, we headed straight to our dorm, bringing with us the producers and composers who help with the making of our album. Welcomed by Victoria unnie, we all sat down on our respective chairs as she served the dishes she cooked for us. Sulli helped her with the cooking since she was finished with her schedule for today.

 

“Eat up! I don’t want to see a single bit of food left on the serving plates, arraso?” We all nodded before attacking the different food placed before us. I looked around, thinking of what to eat first until something caught my eye.

 

“Ddukbokkie!” Grabbing the serving dish, I placed a hefty amount of ddukbokkie on my plate.

 

“Yah hyung, leave some for us!” Sulli gently took the dish from me, returning it in its original place.

 

“Sorry, you know how much I love ddukbokkie…” I looked down, scratching the back of my head.

 

“As much as you love Krystal?” Luna asked. Gahh… Our shipper’s at it again.

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Maybe I love Krystal a little bit more!” I pinched the air, indicating how much I ‘love’ Krystal.

 

“Aww… Krystal did you hear that?” Our manager said. “Amber loves you more than ddukbokkie. That surely means something.” I looked at Krystal who had her head down. Is she mad?

 

“Yah! Stop joking about us, will you?” Krystal shouted, looking up at us.

 

“Hey look! Krystal’s blushing!” One of our producers joined in the fun.

 

“Hey stop it guys!” I immediately stood up from my seat.

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t joke about my girlfriend like that.” I looked at them seriously before letting out a laugh. They all laughed with me.

 

“Nice one, Amber.” Our other producer offered his hand which I gladly slapped before sitting down again.

 

“Hey! I thought you were on my side!”

 

“Sorry… babe.” I looked at Krystal who seriously looked like she could kill. She mouthed ‘you’re dead meat’ at me before eating her remaining food.

 

“Hey Krystal.” I could see Victoria glare at our manager, trying to signal him that Krystal is not in for any more jokes.

 

“Don’t worry this isn’t a joke. I’m just curious.”

 

“About what.”

 

“If Amber was a guy, would you date her?” We all looked at Krystal, curious of her reaction. I’d be curious too. I mean, if I we’re a guy, I would most probably date her. She may be a little bossy or a little cold but she has an amazing personality that shines as much as her beauty. I also have this sort of connection with her. We’d talk for hours about anything.

 

“I…”

 

 

 

“…wouldn’t date a person like Amber.”

 

 

 

“What?” Luna cried out, dropping her spoon. She looked at Krystal like she said something foolish.

 

“Why are you all looking at me like that? I’m serious. It’s just that I wouldn’t be able to stand how Amber is close with a lot of women. You know I tend to a little possessive. I don’t want other people having what is mine.” Krystal took a deep breath after saying her piece. People we’re saying ‘oohh’s and ‘aahh’s, seeming to understand her sentiments.

 

I stood up from my chair, lifting my chin. “I don’t think that would be a problem since I’m a pretty loyal person. I may hang out with a lot of girls but I’ll make sure that my girlfriend will always be treated differently. I’ll treat her like a true princess she deserves to be.”

 

“Oohh… one point for Amber!” I sat back down on my chair, doing a fist bump to my manager at the right.

 

“I guess I’ll just have to put you on a leash then.” Krystal retorted back, smirking at me.

 

“Oohh… Two points for Krystal. I like where this is going!” Our manager clapped his hands. I looked at Krystal, both of us staring hard at each other. I thought hard of the things I could say to her before opening my mouth to reply to her rant.

 

 

 

 

 

After dinner, our producers and composers bowed at us before leaving our dorm. One of our producers even offered to give Krystal a ride home which she politely declined.

 

“Are you sure you don’t need a ride home?”

 

Krystal looked at me. “No need oppa, Amber’s going to walk me home.”

 

“Wha-” She covered my mouth, giving me a pinch on my side before removing her hand.

 

“Yeah. I’ll take her home.” Krystal swiftly linked our arms together, dragging me along the way to her house.

 

 

 

 

 

We were on the dimly lit sidewalk, walking to her house which is a few minutes’ walk from our dorm. This is one of the reasons why she doesn’t dorm with us. Besides, it’s much better to spend some time your family members during your free time. She’s lucky to have them near her, unlike I who have my family on the other side of the globe.

 

 

 

I let out a sigh, remembering my loved ones.

 

 

 

“What are you thinking about?” She looked at me, gently pulling away from our arm link to caress my arm. We stopped on our tracks.

 

“I’m just thinking about my family back in LA and how lucky you are to be with yours.” I smiled at her before walking ahead again. She followed me, still gripping my arm.

 

“I know it’s hard for you, Amber. Just know that we’re here by your side. We’ll try to make you happy as much as possible.” I looked at her who had her head down low, focusing on the floor.

 

“I’ll make you happy.” She looked at me, giving me a warm smile. I can’t help but smile back. People say that Krystal rarely smiles and I’m glad that I make her smile most of the time.

 

What is this I’m feeling? Why do I feel something weird in my stomach? Is this how a person feels when she is touched?

 

I placed my arm around her shoulder, bringing her body close to mine. “Yah, we’re being too dramatic here!”  

 

“You started it!” She playfully poked my torso before running to her house which is visible ahead.

 

“Hey! Why are you running?” I shouted, running after her. She looked back at me, giggling. When I reached the porch of her house, I had my hands on my knees, panting.

 

“I… need… air.” I said between pants.

 

“You mean water? Come on in. I’ll get you some water.” She fished her keys from her bag, opening the door before letting me in.

 

 

 

 

 

“You need to work out more. You tire easily.” She slapped my stomach playfully with her back resting on the refrigerator. She took the empty glass from my hands and placed it on the dishwasher.

 

“I work out 2 times a day, Krys. Isn’t that enough?”

 

“Then you should quit eating your junk foods to stay in shape. Should I… bring back your ‘rice punishment’?” She smirked at me, raising her eyebrows.

 

I kneeled in front of her dramatically, hugging her knees in desperation. I hate rice! “No… NO… NO! Please no, princess!”

 

“Dork.” I fell to the ground as she pushed my head away. Sliding on the cold, marble floor, I found my happy place before I lied down, unmoving.

 

“Yah! Stand up there! My parents might see you and think I killed you or something.”

 

I stayed immobile, caressing the cold floor with my cheek. “So… cold.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Lucky floor…”

 

 

 

 

 

“What did you say, Krys?” I looked up to her.

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Trying to update this fic as much as I can. :) School's eating up my time. )