The School President

The 20th

 

 

5 – The School President

“Ya, Han Jiae! Is that you?”

Cho Kyuhyun broke in and found a big cabinet. Inside the cabinet, Han Jiae kept shouting for help. “Kyuhyun! Help! Kyuhyun! Help me!”

Kyuhyun found a key to open the cabinet. He unlock the cabinet and it opened. Jiae rushed to hug him. “Kyuhyun-ah...”

Suddenly, he felt his uniform gone wet. Jiae was crying under his chest. He hoped Jiae can’t hear his heartbeat.

“Kyuhyun-ah...” she cried, Kyuhyun hugged her tighter. She seemed really scared. After a few minutes, they released each other. Jiae started to wipe her own tears, but Kyuhyun stopped her. He stared to her eyes before his thumb unconsciously moved to wipe her tears. Kyuhyun slightly smiled without a reason.

Why... she always looked... pretty?

“Stop crying” he said.

Jiae nodded and they walked out from the school.

Then, the situation gets awkward. Kyuhyun kept his hands inside his pocket, while Jiae was tugging on her backpack. They don’t know how to break the ice somehow. Jiae was confused of his signal. Kyuhyun left her on the day she confessed, but he saved Jiae from getting locked up. She had even no idea of what happened. Kyuhyun, however, had a difficult time worrying on Jiae, but he knows she has no harm, and its time to open himself.

“Jiae-ya” Kyuhyun managed to call her. Jiae turned to him, but then again, he can’t do it.

His phone was ringing and Kyuhyun quickly answer the call.

“Yeoboseyo?” he said. Jiae sighed. She almost know, but a phone call interrupted them.

“Ne, Eommonim” he nodded. “What? Oh... right. Sure... Yes. Yeah, but isn’t it too much? Alright then, if you do... Thank you. Yes. She’s fine, do you want to talk to her?”

Kyuhyun gave his cell phone to Jiae. “Your mother wants to talk to you” he said. Jiae slowly took it and answer.

“Eomma?” Jiae asked.

Jiae-ya! Oh my daughter’s fine! Omo... Sweety, are you alright?

“I’m fine, Eomma” Jiae answered.

Jiae-ya, you better say thanks to Kyuhyun! He saved you!” her mom sounded excited. “Jiae-ya, I don’t have any leftovers, I was so stressful thinking of you! Even all the ramyuns, I ate them all! What happened to you, girl? Someone’s bullying you at school?

“I’m about to figure it out” Jiae answered. “I’ll tell you later, okay? I’m on my way home now”

No, no, no. I told Kyuhyun to eat somewhere first” her mom answered. “You should eat first, okay? I’m hanging up now

“But–”

Oh great, another time with Kyuhyun.

 


 

“It was your fans”

Kyuhyun choked on the jajangmyun he just ate.

“Fans?” he asked.

“Ne” Jiae nodded, calmly eating the noodles. “I’m not blaming you or anything but, since you’re popular, there are these kind of girls who really wants a piece of you, and telling other girls to stay away from you”

“You figured out that it was my fans?” he asked again, not believing what he just heard.

“You seemed like you don’t believe of your fans existence” Jiae sighed. “I was studying in the library with Yoona and Yuri. Then they had classes so we end up the study session”

“And then?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Kim Yeseul stopped me and told me to stay away from you” Jiae said. “Then Kang Seyoon came, pretended to be a friend for me. She fought back, but in the end, it was her who hit me and lock me in a cabinet”

Kyuhyun covered his face, sighing hard. He didn’t know that everything has gone too far for him. He never like putting people into difficult situation.

“Kyuhyun-ah, if you’re thinking to tell the teachers” Jiae spoke again. “You better not to”

Micheosseo?” he shocked. “You should tell the teachers! How are you going to do if you don’t? You won’t be safer than before”

Geokjongmal” Jiae said. “I’m used to it. Its a consequence. I don’t feel pissed off at all, why do you do?”

“Because they’re on my side” he answered. “And I don’t like putting people into difficult situations”

“Well, you did” Jiae smiled but then she pulled her smile back. “I’m not asking for your favor on this. We are done, right? I told you not to answer, and now, I’m fine”

“Seriously?” Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes. “Then I shouldn’t help you before”

“I’m not done yet” Jiae said. She took out the windmill necklace from her bag.

“There” she said. “Thanks, for everything. I promised I’ll never–”

“Stop” Kyuhyun cut him off. He was confused of her sudden change.

“First” he said. “You already came in”

“And I’m about to go out” Jiae said, continuing his sentence. But Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I didn’t say I don’t like it” Kyuhyun answered. “Don’t even think of going out. I’m forgiving you for everything”

“Second” he sticked out his two fingers. “Stop acting weird. I don’t like it. Be yourself and tell the teachers”

“I’m not gonna drag you this time” Jiae answered. “If I tell the teachers, I’m sure everyone thinks that you’re telling the girls to lock me up, which you didn’t do”

“I have my own answers for that” Kyuhyun answered. “I can defend you if you want to”

“We’re not supposed to be like this” Jiae frowned.

“I don’t expect this, but” Kyuhyun started his comment. “I don’t regret this too”

“I don’t regret of your involvement” Kyuhyun continued. “That’s why I asked you not to ignore me first. I’m not done yet. You thought you’re done, but you’re not finished, and you’re running away. And about telling the teacher, you’re not wrong. But I want to have friends too”

Jiae’s not believing her ears. She didn’t believe what he just said... Cho Kyuhyun, the loner, wants to have a friend?

“Since I got involved with you, I realized that I need a friend as well” he said.

“So” she took a sip of water before she continue. “You’re changed”

Before Kyuhyun answer her question, his phone starts vibrating. He took out from his bag, along with Jiae’s cell phone. “Here’s yours” Kyuhyun gave it to her.

“Thanks” Jiae said flatly, still thinking about what he just said. Kyuhyun looked to the screen, it was a text message that coming to his cell phone.

To Mr Cho Kyuhyun and Miss Han Jiae

Since you achieved the best project in the class, you two are invited to the Animal Campaign Festival tomorrow. I’m hoping that you two can come to this event tomorrow morning.

Teacher Kim

“We should better get home” Kyuhyun stood up.

“Waeyo?” Han Jiae followed him.

“There’s an event tomorrow” he said. “Our project got on first place”

Jiae immidiately stop. “Project?”

“Yes” Kyuhyun sighed. “I need some rest too!”

 


 

The next day.

Kyuhyun and Jiae came to school on a Saturday morning. Teacher Kim had called them to come to school. Both of them felt too lazy to come, after what happened yesterday.

“Ah, there you are” Teacher Kim said to Jiae who came the last. “I’m sorry for the emergency announcement I gave”

“Its fine” Jiae nodded. She joined Kyuhyun, who’s staring at someone else. She thought it was another girl, but she found out it was a sunbae.

“You must be Han Jiae” he said. “I heard you from the swimming team. I’ve been looking for a chance to know you, and since you’re attending this fair, I think I should know you”

“Whoa, you know me a lot” Jiae smiled. “Nice to meet you too”

“I’m Lee Donghae, by the way” Lee Donghae shook his hands with her.

“Everybody knows you”  Jiae said. “You’re the school president”

“Tch” Kyuhyun suddenly muttered. Donghae turned to him, keeping his smile up.

“I’m sorry” he said politely. Kyuhyun looked back to him, feeling something weird in the way he’s saying it. He’s honest.

“Ne” Kyuhyun said flatly.

“Don’t be so pissed off” Jiae whispered.

“Guys” Teacher Kim approached them. “Since its only three of you, you all just got a rare chance to have fun!”

“What?”

“Yeah” Teacher Kim smiled. “Shouldn’t you be happy?”

The three of them are all in silence, still not believing the meaning of the event.

“So, here’s how it goes” Teacher Kim explained. “Lee Donghae will have the speech as the representative of our school, then Cho Kyuhyun and Han Jiae will do their presentation, with my help, of course”

“And we’re going right after the greetings” Teacher Kim continued. “So we’ll be in the seventh from the twenty four”

“Seven from... twenty four?” Jiae asked.

“We’re on the seventh performance” Donghae reminded.

“Tch. Pabo” Kyuhyun muttered. Jiae quickly turned and pinched Kyuhyun’s waist.

“Ah! Ah!” Kyuhyun squealed. “Appo!”

“Then shut up!” Jiae scolded. “Just because I don’t know the meaning doesn’t mean I’m a pabo”

“You two better stop fighting” Teacher Kim noticed their fight. “So, prepare your best, and we can have fun after that! The festival is selling lots of food and holding lots of games!”

“So, we better get going!” Teacher Kim cheered them up.

 


 

 

“And now, we’re going to see the presentation from the chosen school who fully supported this campaign” the MC said. “Please welcome, the school president from Yeom Kwang High School, Lee Donghae!”

“Don’t you think he’s hot when he’s on the stage?” Jiae asked Kyuhyun who looked bored.

“Do I care about that?” he asked flatly.

It seemed so clear that Kyuhyun is jealous, right?

“Tch. Donghae” Kyuhyun grunted quietly. Jiae nudged his arm.

“Use formalities, will you?”  Jiae reprimanded. Kyuhyun just pouted and look to the other side.

They looked to the front and Donghae has finished his speech.

“We’re up” Kyuhyun stood up.

 


 

The presentation went great for them. Kyuhyun and Jiae were confident on stage. They’re presentating about farms near the town, which they got from none other than Lee Seonghun. His farm was clean and also go-green, not using injections or anything. They realized Teacher Kim was looking for a project which is telling about clean business and not poisonous to the animals.

Because that’s what’s the animal campaign about.

But for Kyuhyun, Jiae and Donghae, it was another day of fun for the festival.

Sugohaesseoyo” Teacher Kim smiled. She looked to the principal who’s talking to someone else. “Well, you three better play now. Get back here at 5”

“Neh!” the three of them answered happily.

Kyuhyun, Donghae and Jiae went to the games first.

“Annyeong haseyo!” the man greeted. “Throw the ball straight to the hole and you’ll get a prize for two hundred points!”

The man pointed at the prizes. Its a big bunny doll. Jiae’s eyes widened and she smiled, like a little girl who wants a lollipop.

Apparently, Kyuhyun and Donghae had the same thought.

“I’ll play” Donghae suddenly said. But Kyuhyun suddenly stop her. “I’ll play too”

“Don’t you know that game can be played by one person?” Donghae asked.

“Not if I play first” Kyuhyun stepped forward but Donghae pulled his shoulders. They started pulling each other’s shoulders.

“I’ll play for Jiae!” Donghae grunted.

“I’ll play for Jiae too!” Kyuhyun’s not wanting to lose as well.

“Ya!”

They stopped their fight. Jiae was waving at them, holding the ball.

“Ah, she has gone faster than us” they both said in unison. But they realized something. Donghae and Kyuhyun exchanged looks in shock.

“Do you like her?” they asked in unison.

“Are you trying to be a player?” Kyuhyun asked Donghae suspiciously.

“What?” Donghae looked shocked with that. “Are you gossiping me so you can get her?”

“Why if I like her?” Kyuhyun asked.“Why if I like her too?” Donghae asked.

“Aish!” they grunted in unison.


“Ah, young lady, you have four more throws to go!” the man told her. “Eyy, are you really gonna win this thing?”

Jiae smiled confidently as she looked to the target. “Of course!” she said and threw the ball accurately. The ball was going to the lowest hole.

“Aigo! Its a fifty!” the man commented. “You have three more throws!”

And Jiae threw again for the third time.

“Another fifty!” the man cheered. “Two more to go! Another one hundred points to go!”

Fourth throw. Sadly, it missed.

“Ah, missed!” the man pretended to frown. “Aigo, eotteokhaeji, young lady? One more to go, and you’ll miss it!”

Jiae smirked and threw the ball hard. It was accurate, and went straight to the toppest hole. The bell ringed to greet the champion. Meanwhile, the man has his jaw dropped.

“Ahjussi, a bee will fly in if you drop your jaw like that” Jiae smirked as she took the doll that the man handed to her.

“Sunbae! Kyuhyun-ssi!” she turned back, but there’s no sign of them.

“Sunbae! Kyuhyun-ssi!” Jiae shouted. “Where are you guys?”

 


 

Kyuhyun and Donghae are playing another game. They have to hit the button with the big puffy hammer so the ball can reach the top of the tube.

“So you like her?” Donghae started first, hitting it lightly

“Why are you asking that?” Kyuhyun gave the same power to hit.

“Why are you so pissed of this?” Donghae started to get pissed off as he hit again.

“Why are you so curious?” Kyuhyun gave another hit.

“Why are you asking?” Donghae gave a hit, this time its harder.

“Because I want to know!” Kyuhyun hit again, harder than Donghae.

“She’s pretty!” Donghae gave a harder hit.

“Mworago?” Kyuhyun hit harder.

“Why are you like that?” Donghae hit harder than him, shocked.

“I like her!” Kyuhyun hit really hard.

“I like her too!” Donghae hit really hard too, not losing.

DING DING DING!

The bell ringed. The ball was stuck on the top of the tube.

“Congrats!” the ahjussi came to give them a prize. A couple hoodie. “I’m sorry, we only got this prize” he said.

“You think we’re couple?” Kyuhyun and Donghae shouted in unison.

“Why would I want to be with him?” Donghae asked.

“Why would I want to be with this old Sunbae?” Kyuhyun replied.

Suddenly Jiae came and greeted them. “Kyuhyun-ssi! Sunbae!”

“WHAT?” Donghae and Kyuhyun turned to her, shouting in unison.

“Whoa, you won a game too?” Jiae seemed clueless. “I got a bunny! Look! Isn’t it cute?”

“Yeah, its cute” they both said. Jiae linked arms on them and they moved to the next game. Its a bullying game.

“Come on! Step right up!” another old man shouted. “Come on! Three spins of the wheel and you can bully your friend!”

“That’s creepy” Jiae pouted. But Kyuhyun and Donghae is busy on piercing each other’s eyes so they have a different thought.

“Its fun!” Donghae commented. “Lets have a paper-rock-scissors. The loser will be on the wheel”

“Okay!” Kyuhyun and Jiae agreed. “Paper-rock-scissors!”

Kyuhyun had a paper, while Jiae and Donghae had scissors.

“Hahaha! You lose!” Donghae and Jiae laughed. “Ahjussi! We have one friend here!” Jiae called the ahjussi.

And so there goes poor Kyuhyun. He got smashed by things he even doesn’t know. Kimchi, water, porridge and everything else he doesn’t know.

 


 

Three hours passed and they have been watching all performances on the stage. But Kyuhyun who never like crowds, walks out and followed by Jiae who’s looking for him.

“Where is he anyway?” she mumbled.

She walked around the festival but no sign of Kyuhyun. Not before Jiae noticed a stall of toys. She looked to the familiar muffin head, popping from behind.

“Kyu!” she squealed. Kyuhyun looked to her in a bored look.

“What’s with the new nickname?” he asked.

“Ya, Cho Kyuhyun” Jiae frowned, hearing what he just said. “What are you doing here?”

“Look” Kyuhyun showed her a new toy he bought. “Windmill”

Jiae leaned down to stare at the cute windmill toys he’s been holding. She took one and blew it. Kyuhyun watched her, stunned.

“Why do you like windmills so much?” Jiae asked as they reached the street for the parade. “Does it mean something to you?”

“I don’t know” Kyuhyun smirked. “Its just happened like that”

The parade made their way a few miles to the park. They followed the parade trains, and once they got into the park they went to the great lake behind the park.

“Its beautiful” she smiled. Kyuhyun blew the windmill toy in front of her and he found Jiae’s face. He lowered the windmill as they looked to each other’s eyes. He liked Jiae, honestly, but he’s afraid to tell her. He felt guilty for leaving her.

“Jiae?” Kyuhyun suddenly lost Jiae, again. “Jiae! Han Jiae!”

“Oh no!” he got scared and started to look for Jiae. “Jiae!” he shouted, going around the crowd.

Kyuhyun saw the big red bridge. There’s a familiar glimpse right there.

He started to run across the huge crowd and ran to the red bridge. “Jiae” he gasped out her name after he stopped right in front of her.

“Kyuhyun-ah” she smiled. “You found me”

“Why are you getting lost by yourself?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly.

“Why are you worrying me?” Jiae asked, smiled to convince him. But he ignored her smile.

“Why am I worrying you?” Kyuhyun asked. He deeply sighed. “I’m worried about you. Ever since we’re in the ranch, I’m worrying about you”

“My feelings...” he breathed abnormally. “I was afraid it will gone wrong. My theory is, either I keep it, like a candy. Its sweet, but soon it will disappear if you it too much”

“You think love is something that can go away?” Jiae asked.

“I was” Kyuhyun answered. “But maybe I was wrong. I met you. I hide everything, but when I’m with you, I forgot who I am. I wasn’t myself, although I am. I avoided you before Teacher Wang punished both of us, its because I can’t stand”

“And the time you confessed to me” Kyuhyun continued. “I don’t regret this. For the first time, involving with people, was never felt this good to me. People who involved with me, are usually ending up in a bad situation. I put you in a difficult situation, but I didn’t regret of the time I spent with you”

“That’s why I’m worrying you. I seemed like ignoring you, but I’m watching you from far. I don’t want to make you wait” Kyuhyun said.

“Because I heard that...” he continued. “Girls don’t like waiting”

“I’ve found my answer” Kyuhyun gripped on her shoulders. “Its a yes. I like you, Han Jiae” he smiled hearing upon his own confession, before he leaned to her forehead, giving her a kiss.

 


 

A/N:

Eottae???

So this is how he confessed fifteen years ago.

Thanks for those who comment. And yes, the teaser is Donghae. 

I should put on this kind of teaser like, a lot.

Once again, thank you and I'll update soon.

Watch out, the teaser's coming.