Need Some Dating Advice?

The 20th

20 – Need Some Dating Advice?

Its the same ring!

“Kyuhyun-ssi, why don’t you go with this one?” Geunhae offered. “Seohyun will like this ring. She’s been wanting this ring for years!”

“Wanting this ring for years?” Kyuhyun asked. “How do you know?”

“I overheard from her” Geunhae lied. “I heard she likes this ring very much. So why don’t we take it?”

“She has a good taste” he commented. “We’re taking it”

“For you and your girlfriend here?” the employee asked.

“You’ve mistaken that” Kyuhyun said in a weird tone. “She... She’s not my girlfriend”

“Ah, I’m sorry, Sir” the employee said. “I should measure your finger first, so we can get the perfect size for you, and the bride...”

While he’s measuring his finger, Geunhae took the ring and looked at it. Seohyun was right. This ring is beautiful. She forgot herself. Geunhae usually lost her interest in anything feminine. But since the ring is meaningful and also a beautiful one, she decided to take a look at it.

At one time, she felt lonely as well. She wanted to get married.

Geunhae took the ring and wear it on her annulary. It was fit to her finger. She smiled, breathing in the sudden excitement.

“You’re not supposed to do that”

Geunhae turned to Kyuhyun and took off the ring. But the ring was just too narrow and she can’t get it out from her annulary. She tried to take it off, but the ring just won’t go out.

“Ah, eotteokhe?!”

“Kyuhyun-ssi, eotteokhe?!” she turned to Kyuhyun this time. “The ring won’t get out from my finger!”

“You’re such a troublesome” Kyuhyun said then approached her.

Kyuhyun helped her and tried to pull the ring out. But still, the ring can’t get out.

Geunhae bowed to the employee. “Jeongmal jwesonghamnida, I didn’t mean to... What happened if I can’t take out the ring?” she panicked.

Kyuhyun sighed. This girl sometimes can be stupid. She was head over heels for this ring and suddenly the ring stucked in her finger? Crazy indeed. The ring was supposed to be Seohyun’s and not Geunhae’s.

“I’ll buy two sets of this wedding ring” Kyuhyun said.


Realizing that they still have a lot of time, Kyuhyun escorted Geunhae to the bar. Geunhae felt weird because that guy had never take a girl to a bar.

“Why are you taking me to the bar?” Geunhae asked.

“You seemed so stressful” Kyuhyun answered. “Mianhae. And you said your stress reliever is... cognac brandy?”

“One cognac brandy” she said to the bartender. “Thanks, anyway. I’ll pay the beer with my own money”

Kyuhyun bit his lip, feeling guilty. Its been too long he’s been taking her. Weirdly, no one contacted her. Maybe she’s not investigating any case. Not even Minister Choi’s case.

He watched Geunhae who drank the beer. He never knew that she likes brandy, instead of  soju and makgeolli. The other people who like brandy are his foreign business partners. Meanwhile, Geunhae just drink, ignoring Kyuhyun who’s next to her. After a few glasses, Geunhae slowly shifted down, starting to sleep. Kyuhyun smiled, slowly removing her hair and tucked it behind her ear. He looked to her sleeping face.

“Don’t touch me!”

Geunhae suddenly woke up. Her head stooped and her hair fell to her face, reminded him of chonyeo gwishin. Geunhae then looked up and smiled.

“You looked like Cho Kyuhyun” she said.

“I am Cho Kyuhyun, you idiot” Kyuhyun straightened his face.

Geunhae laughed, reminded him once more of chonyeo gwishin.

Geez, she looked like a ghost.

“Ya, Cho Kyuhyon!” she said. “Who do you think you are, huh? Dragging me into your marriage... you already have the bride! Hik!”

Now she hiccuped and sounded like a drunk ahjumma.

“You...” she pointed at him. “Should not... ask, Hik! Me! Why me? Whyyyy meeeee??? I didn’t do annnnyyythinggg...”

“You’re drunk, Geunhae-ssi” Kyuhyun said. “Lets just go home, alright?”

“Chakhan chakhan chakhan namja anieyooo...” Geunhae blurted out, shaking her head. “You... are not ... nice... Hik!”

“How do you know that I’m not?”

“Coward” Geunhae muttered, then laughed. “Coward! Hahahaha! Hik! You... are a coward! You.... Hik! You should ask her!”

“What do you mean–”

“Shikkuro!” Geunhae shouted. “I’m not finished yet. Seohyun... is testing youuuu.... She’s just waiting for youuu, to asked heeerrr... for a... Hik! Date....”

“Well I didn’t know” Kyuhyun said. “What kind of date should I do to her?”

“Seohyunaaa... she likes surpriseeesss....Hik!” she hiccuped. “Surprises! Suuurrrppriiiseesss!! Ah! Hik! She alsooo... likes... cartoons... Hik!”

“Cartoons?” Kyuhyun didn’t believe it. “Funny that she likes cartoons”

“Ya ahjussi!” Geunhae gripped on his shoulders. “Remember this... Hik!”

Kyuhyun looked to her, waiting for the next words. Geunhae smirked then continuing her words.

“When a girl says yeeeessss, it means a, noooo...” Geunhae said. “When a girl says noooo, it means... a yess... don’t fall for it! Hajimaaaa~~”

“Get me off, okay?” Kyuhyun tried to struggle. But Geunhae shook her head.

“Hajimaaaaaa....” Geunhae said. “You... are so... Hik! Weird! You... said... Jiae!”

What the...

“Jiaaeeee....” Geunhae sobbed. “Jiae nuguyaaaa?”

“She’s no one” Kyuhyun said flatly. “You shouldn’t know that”

“Waaaeeee??” Geunhae asked. “Ah! Sheee... She must be a special girl... teukbyolhan yeojaaaaa...”

“Mwo?”

“She doesn’t like if you think about... the other giiirrlsss” Geunhae said. “Sheeee will beee... jeeaaalous...”

“Jealous?”

“Ne!” Geunhae smiled. “Oh, geurigo, she also like shiny things... maybe she never said that to youuuu....”

“She wouldn’t”

“Ya, Cho Kyuhyooon!!” Geunhae suddenly stood up. “Panchak panchak! Remember that! Panchak panchak! She likes paanchak panchak... Ooommff!”

“Just shut up and go home” Kyuhyun said, closing with his hand. Geunhae smiled and nodded, then yanked his arm. Her face turned to a child in all of sudden.

“Neee... Annyeong~~” Geunhae smiled and hiccuped before she left the building.

I feel bad for letting her like that, Kyuhyun thought. Geunhae did nothing wrong. Why would he become so mean to her?

Kyuhyun decided to follow Geunhae. He ran down the stairs and got out from the bar, but there’s no signs of Geunhae.

“Where did she go anyway?” Kyuhyun scratched his head. “Left or right?”

 


Geunhae walked down the streets. She didn’t notice that two guys are following her, looking at her ring. They even knew that she’s drunk, so they followed Geunhae, and snatched her purse from the back. But they can’t take it. Geunhae turned around and she felt a knife on her neck.

“Its dangerous to come out this late, young lady” the man said, his hair was bald. And the other one was fat.

“You still have the gut to say something nice, even with a knife on my neck?” Geunhae asked in her drunk tone, gripped on his hand and pushed the knife to his neck. “Aigooo! You... have a neck of a hippo... I should cut this...”

“How do you... How do you...”

“What? Confuuuuseed?” Geunhae smiled. She stepped back and signaled them to step forward. “Step forward! Dont you want to beat meeee??”

“Lets beat her” the fat guy said. The bald guy stepped forward first. Geunhae did a yoga pose and twirled around before she kicked the bald guy on the stomach. But the fat guy caught her waist from behind. The bald guy laughed and started to slap her, which was replied by a spit from Geunhae’s mouth.

But suddenly, someone came and beat the guys.

“Aigooo... your boyfriend has come!” the guys laughed.

“Mwo?” Geunhae looked around. She found Kyuhyun who’s glaring at the guys.

“You wanna play, huh?” the fat guy challenged, pulling out his fist. Kyuhyun repelled him with his arm. The bald guy attacked and Kyuhyun hit his arm then kicked him on the head. Kyuhyun turned and gave another kick on his neck, causing him to fell down with blood coming out from his mouth.

Then the fat guy attacked him. Kyuhyun kept repelling and repelling his punches. After a few punches repelled, Kyuhyun caught his arm and twisted it. The fat guy back-faced him, struggling away but Kyuhyun kicked the back of his head and twisted his other arm. The fat guy shouted in pain before receiving a kick at the back of his head. Both guys got up, and receiving another kick in the head by Kyuhyun.

Geunhae was already fell asleep on the ground after the fight. Kyuhyun approached her and touched her slapped cheek. He then piggybacked her and left before the police arrived.

He felt bad for letting Geunhae like this. Since he didn’t know where Geunhae lived, he brought her to his house.

“You seemed like you had a fight” Jongin said as they laid down Geunhae who’s already asleep and changed her clothes by his maids. “And you’re saving a girl? Is that girl Park Geunhae, Sir?”

“Don’t ask so much, Jongin-ah” Kyuhyun said. “Its my fault for letting her like that”

“You need some rest” Jongin commented.

“After a long day, of course I need a rest” Kyuhyun said. He then sat on Geunhae’s bed, because she’s not sleeping in the middle. He looked closer and tucked her hair behind her ear. He’s never been so close to Geunhae.

“I’m sorry, for everything that happened” he said. “I feel bad. You’re not wrong at all”

He felt his eyes got tired and heavy, before he fell into a deep slumber.

 

 


The sun shone bright, so bright that it hurt Geunhae’s eyes.

The first thing she saw was Kyuhyun’s sleepy face. She then blinked again. She’s not hallucinating. Kyuhyun is sleeping in front of her, on the same bed, with his arm on her waist. Geunhae then turned back, but her movements made him pulling her to his chest.

“Sunshine...” he mumbled.

“Get. Me. Off. Ugh...” Geunhae struggling in his embrace. She pulled out her hand and reached the edge, but it made both of them fall. She saw Kyuhyun’s on the floor so she quickly go to the bed and hit him with a pillow.

“Yah! Waeyo?” Kyuhyun yelled. But Geunhae hit him once more.

“That’s for sleeping with me” Geunhae said. “Good thing I just hit you with a pillow, I can do worse than.... Ah ah ah!” she suddenly felt hurt on her head

Kyuhyun stood up and reached out her hand to her head. “Are you alri–”

“I’m alright” Geunhae hit his hand with a pillow. “Don’t ask me those questions. You were sleeping with me last night!”

“I didn’t know” Kyuhyun shook his head. “I didn’t know I swear! My eyes gone so heavy when I saw you!”

“Then why didn’t you sleep on your room?” Geunhae tried to hit him again but Kyuhyun caught the pillow and threw it away.

“Calm down, I didn’t do anything to you” Kyuhyun said. Geunhae got off from the bed and ran to the door, but then she stopped because of the headache. She moaned again in pain.

“You’re having a headache” Kyuhyun stood up and stepped closer to her. “You seemed so sick and your body was warm. Should I call you a doctor?”

“I’m fine” Geunhae sighed.

“Here, let me–” Kyuhyun was about to move closer and gave her a head massage, but Geunhae kicked his head, slapping his kick. Now she found Kyuhyun who’s knocked out by that sudden Bruce Lee kick.

“I’m too cruel, why did I have to give the Bruce Lee kick?” she mumbled. Geunhae bent down and looked to him. His left cheek were blue.

I’m sorry, Kyuhyun-ssi. I should ask you where the kitchen is before I kicked you. But I’m not used by your sudden warmth.

 


Kyuhyun woke up fifteen minutes after he was knocked out by Geunhae. He looked around, finding where is Geunhae. He caught a maid passing by.

“Where’s that girl?” he asked.

“She’s in the kitchen” the maid reported. “She’s eating a hangover soup. Don’t worry, she’s not attacking anyone”

Kyuhyun then came down to the kitchen and pour himself a glass of milk. He then sat across Geunhae, who’s eating her soup.

“Don’t even think of sitting there” Geunhae said without moving her gaze from the soup.

“I’m the owner. I can sit wherever I want” Kyuhyun pulled the chair and sat down.

“Three seconds” Geunhae said. “I’ll kick you in three seconds. One!”

“Alright, alright!” he yelled. “I’ll sit somewhere else!”

Kyuhyun then sit next to the previous chair. He looked to the expressionless Geunhae with fear and guilt. “I’m sorry” he said.

“I thought a man doesn’t say sorry” Geunhae said. “Where was your pride back then, President Cho?”

“Look, Geunhae...” he looked to her eyes. “I’m sorry. For what happened yesterday. Although I thought I paid you by beating them up–”

“Its not enough” Geunhae cut him off. “And its not fully your fault. I shouldn’t go to the bar last night”

“I think I should do something to pay back” Kyuhyun said. “At least, something to make you feel better”

Geunhae then looked up. Its what she’s been waiting for. She always wanted to pay back on him. At least, make him realize on his personality.

“I’ll feel better...” Geunhae spoke up. “If you date Seohyun”

Kyuhyun sighed. “But–”

“No buts and no rejections” Geunhae stuck out her index finger. “Date Seohyun. That’s enough”

Kyuhyun was about to say something, but suddenly the maid came in.

“President Cho” he called. “You’re having a guest”

“Alright” Kyuhyun sighed and walked to the door. Look who’s coming.

“Hi, Oppa” Seohyun greeted. “I came back quickly to see you”

“Seohyun-ssi” Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his neck. “How do you know my house?”

“Appa told me” she answered. They stepped in and closed the door, but after a few steps of walking, suddenly the doorbell ringed. Kyuhyun came back to open the door.

It was Donghae.

“Kyuhyun-ah!” he greeted. “Sorry for coming in the morning. Can I come in?”

“Sure” Kyuhyun nodded and let him in.

Geunhae was curious, so she came to the doorway, and she was taken aback on who she just saw.

“Donghae-ssi?” she was surprised. Donghae waved his hand and smiled, then Geunhae turned to Seohyun. “Oh, Seohyun-ah” she smiled.

Seohyun looked to her suspiciously. “Kyuhyun-ssi, I didn’t know that the prosecutor is in your house, too”

“Yeah” Donghae agreed. “What happened?”

Seohyun glared at Geunhae, who’s confused on her answer.

There must be something happened, she thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Dictionary!

teukbyolhan yeoja: special girl

chonyeo gwishin: Korea's Sadako, or in my country she's called Kuntilanak.

brandy: a type of beer, distillated wine.

 


 

Author's Note:

The title of this chapter reminds me of Cyrano Agency commercial,

do you know it?

where Seo Byunghoon suddenly popped out of nowhere and asked

'Need some dating advice?'

Yes? No?

Never mind .-.

Anyway, sorry for the lame update...

He's too attached, isn't he?

Send me your thoughts!