Other Side

The 20th

Author's Note:

enjoy this chapter, and the other sides of Kyu and Geunhae :)

Oh, and some phrases are maybe not familiar for you, so I'm preparing a dictionary down there.

ENJOY!

 

 


Kyuhyun picked up the mask and stepped forward. But a call from Jongin stopped him.

 

“Eo, Jongin-ah” Kyuhyun answered the phone call. “Right. Location? I’m sure he had a longer time there. Just stay there”

 

Kyuhyun smirked as soon as he turned off his phone. He just called Jongin, who told him about the target’s location. He just made a deal with the dealer who asked him to meet at twelve in the midnight to drag Kyuhyun to the trap. However, Kyuhyun anticipated and planned a counter-attack plan.

 

Kyuhyun reached the checkpoint and he found a cellphone, lying on the ground. The cellphone ringed when he touched it.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“You finally came, Mr Cho” a man voice said. “Now give me the ransom, and no one should’ve be killed”

 

“Sorry, I didn’t bring Moreau” Kyuhyun said. “This exchange was useless for now, Joon”

 

Joon glared at him and he grabbed Kyuhyun’s collar. “I thought you’re cooperating with us! That brat is a traitor to Black Ops!” Joon threatened him with a lie. “Don’t you understand? They’re after you! Black Ops is chasing you!”

 

Kyuhyun pushed him and kicked him. Joon fought back and pinned him to the wall, a gun was pointed in front of his face, but Kyuhyun slapped his hand, making the gun fell down. He pushed Joon again and grabbed the gun, pulling out all the bullets except one. Joon tried to fought back but Kyuhyun punched his nose and his chest, then pushed him to the wall.

 

“I know about your codes, Joon-ssi” Kyuhyun said. “If the dealer breaks the deal, that dealer should be killed. Consider me as his saviour. Your deals are making me sick”

 

“Why... do you need him?” Joon asked. “You know he’s rock headed. He’s not even on my side”

“Ask yourself, why would he get into Black Ops?” Kyuhyun asked. “He wouldn’t do something dirty like you do”

 

Kyuhyun pointed the gun to his head, while his hand was holding his throat. “Where is he? Where’s Lee Donghae?” Kyuhyun asked. He pulled the trigger, but the it was an empty shot. Joon looked frightened.

 

“Lee Joon, you’re really dumb, you know?” Kyuhyun smirked. “You think you can play my mind?”

 

“Let me go!” Joon struggled, but Kyuhyun pulled out another empty shot. Joon closed his eyes, but then he opened again in fear. “Why him? Of all people, why him?” Joon asked.

 

“Tch. I knew you would ask” Kyuhyun replied. But then, he saw Joon’s cellphone ringed. Kyuhyun took it and rejected the call. Joon was taken aback. “Hey!” he shouted, but Kyuhyun pulled out another empty shot.

 

“I give you one last chance” Kyuhyun said. “Give me the location of him”

 

Joon looked frightened. “I-Its my phone... Its in there... I put a tracker and his location... you can see from my cellphone...”

 

Kyuhyun looked to the GPS in Joon’s cellphone and found a familiar red spot, which is none other than Lee Donghae.

 

“Good” he smirked. “That’s your last word”

 

DORRRR!!!

 

A gunshot killed Joon on his head. He was lying there, lifeless. Kyuhyun smiled as he looked to Joon.

 

Jongin came with his gloves, cleaning up the blood on Joon and brought him into the car. They soon threw him in the Han River, with the gun on Joon’s hand.

 

“Sir, if I can say it, you killed someone who’s not your target” Jongin said. “Why is it? Why did you kill Lee Joon?”

 

“He played me” Kyuhyun said. “I’m sure that he’s after Donghae. Moreau was just a pawn, he was chased for his ability to make toxics, but then he was under custody of the attorney”

 

“You mean, Park Geunhae?” Jongin asked. “Sir, she was assigned to protect you. The prosecutor has thought that the target was you. Moreau told them that the Black Ops target was you”

 

Kyuhyun sighed, couldn’t give a respond. He knew Park Geunhae, the fearless prosecutor. And now, he’s under her protection?

 

“I never ask for that” he said.

 


 

Park Geunhae marched into the labcrime, looking to all her co-workers who’s investigating the murder of Choi Junhong. She walked to the forensics lab, where the young forensics scientist Kim Kibum still working on his computer. Beside him was Jeon Yeonhwa, who’s handing the autopsy report.

 

“So, how’s your early observation?” Yeonhwa asked. “I’m sure that Kyuhyun was charming enough for you”

 

“Perhaps for you” Geunhae replied. “I’m in disguise, that’s why he’s so nice to me”

 

“Heechul and Leeteuk are really excited on this” Yeonhwa said, which Geunhae replied with a glare. She doesn’t want to be involved in those guys’s matchmaking.

 

“Whatever” Geunhae sighed. “Its not gonna be easy. How’s the autopsy?”

 

“More toxics” Yeonhwa said. “But same type. Moreau’s toxin. It looks like he made it on his own by putting some chemicals together”

 

“I think I found something that might help”

 

Both Geunhae and Yeonhwa turned their heads. Kibum was showing his computer screen. “Look here. I found two different pieces” Kibum said. “The first one was the rubber, referred to Moreau. He was wearing a rubber glove when he killed Choi Junhong. Another one was leather, probably a leather glove”

 

“The killer is not only Moreau” Geunhae concluded. “Cross-check with the autopsy report”

 

Suddenly, the door broke open. The women turned their heads as they found Kangin, the coroner in the prosecutor’s office. He handed the new autopsy report, exchanging it with Yeonhwa. “Another update” Kangin smiled. “I found a bullet in his inner thigh”

 

“Two killers” Geunhae concluded again. “One is Moreau, and the other one was still unknown”

 

“Good thing you re-checking the body, Doc” Yeonhwa said. “I thought the autopsy can be done once”

 

“I can’t” Kangin answered. “The bullet was planted, not shot”

 

“What do you mean by planted?” Kibum asked.

 

“See, there’s some stitch mark here” Kangin said. “It was planted into his skin. However, I pulled out the bullet. Caliber 45. He, of course, would not planting a bullet without a reason. Because, there’s a message in the bullet”

 

Kangin took out a picture of the microscopic view of the bullet. Geunhae took it and found something weird. “A hangul letter... N?”

 

“Could be a G” Yeonhwa commented. “Who would stitch that into his thigh?”

 

“Perhaps a doctor?” Kibum guessed.

 

“Or a tattoo artist” Kangin said. “Look. He had a tattoo of a greek god behind his neck, Zelo. Tattoos are stitched, right?”

 

“That can be” Geunhae said. She turned, and found Leeteuk on the window, signaling her to come out. Geunhae marched out from the labcrime and met him.

 

“What is it, Officer Park?” she asked, smiling.

 

“Seems like your office has changed a lot” Leeteuk smiled, his dimples was shown. “And of course, its much better than Seoul PD”

 

“Don’t be like that, Oppa” Geunhae chuckled. “You’ve sent Changmin back here”

 

“Yeah” Leeteuk said. “Sharing jurisdiction has always been like this, hasn’t it?”

 

“But I still blame you for the matchmaking” Geunhae pouted. “Looks like Cho Kyuhyun’s case is more than just a ‘case’”

 

“It was Head Officer’s request, straight from the president” Leeteuk said.

 

“Oh...What??” Geunhae was surprised. “You’re lying”

 

“No, I’m not”

 

“Why him?”

 

“It looks like you didn’t learn much from your early observation. Why don’t we have some background check first?”

 

Leeteuk and Geunhae walked to a meeting room and the projector. “Cho Kyuhyun. Thirty years old, CEO of U.P.I. Corporations for five years. No criminal record so far, unlike his father. He’s able to flip back the company, unlike any other companies who had bad past. Unlike his dirty father, he can do it better and go international. U.P.I., you know that, right? The all-round company who’s Korea’s right hand for now”

 

“That gave me enough” Geunhae said. “Despite all the facts and the fact that I don’t like him, we shouldn’t make Head Officer regret for the cooperation over this investigation. Too bad he’s a target”

 

“Its not weird that he’s a target” Leeteuk said. “A super-rich man, of course he’s a good choice for Black Ops’s target”

 

Geunhae sighed as he watched Cho Kyuhyun’s picture. She wondered what will happen by tomorrow. She regretted, however, because that man is blocking her way in her investigation towards Black Ops.

 

But, people are the same. She’ll treat that CEO the same way she treated everyone else.

 


 

The meeting she had with Leeteuk last night was still running in her mind. She knew that this guy was a chaebol. But one thing she didn’t know was what lies behind him. Leeteuk didn’t mention his whole past.

 

“Kyuhyun was the youngest in his almamater. He finished high-school in the age of 16”

 

“Annyeong haseyo” Geunhae greeted the receptionist. “I would like to meet with the CEO”

 

The receptionist looked bored when she saw Geunhae. “Have you made an appointment? He’s busy now, you can come later, Miss”

 

“Finished college in the age of 23, and two years later he cleaned up his father’s mess. His father died and he took the throne to become the CEO. Who hired some y receptionist for some good security”

 

Receptionist these days, Geunhae thought. She quickly put the warrant on the table. “I have a warrant. Tell your stupid boss that the prosecutor is here, or I’ll invade this office by tomorrow. Just because you’re a number one company in Korea, you can just shoo away guests like that”

 

The receptionist looked frightened when she saw the warrant. “But what if the President doesn’t want to?” she asked.

 

“I don’t care” Geunhae answered. “ me to him”

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t Madam” the receptionist said.

 

“Fine, I’ll go by myself” Geunhae gave up and took the warrant as she walked to the lift. “And don’t call the security if you don’t want me to leave a mess in here”

 

“The President is in a meeting, Madam” the receptionist shouted. But she knew that she is Park Geunhae, so she wouldn’t dare to call the security.

 

“He’s known as a classy man, who’s nice and smart. And he always has his own way for everything.”

 

His office was designed beautifully. Chandeliers hanged  everywhere and the white marmer decorated the office. But the one that made her interested was the walls. The white walls are full with colors and murals, which Kyuhyun hired. The U.P.I. history in mural made people turned their heads. It was as if you’re in a museum. And also, there are some beautiful paintings, decorating the walls as well, along with the inspirational words.

 

“But some said that he’s cold”

 


 

Kyuhyun took a sip of his coffee as he read the contract. He just signed a marriage contract from Seohan company. Which made his lawyer, Kim Jongin, confused. Jongin knew that Kyuhyun was a woman-hater, the type of guy who wouldn’t date a girl, or even worse, getting married. You all know that he loves Han Jiae.

 

“Accepting a marriage contract is not your way” Jongin commented. “What makes you approve this, President Cho?”

 

“I’ve been waiting for years to get attached to Seohan” Kyuhyun smiled. “Seohan, taken from Seo Younghan, was made by Seo Younghan’s father, as a precious gift to his child. Too bad that he pitied on me when I don’t need a pity from anyone when it comes to my love life. And the heiress, she made me curious”

 

“You mean Seo Joohyun?”

 

“Seohyun” Kyuhyun corrected. “Everyone called her Seohyun”

 

“I’m glad that you’re ready to move on” Jongin commented. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, thinking that his lawyer had mistaken his move.

 

“I have my own reasons to marry her” Kyuhyun said. “But love isn’t the reason”

 

Jongin looked down, knew his answer. It was nothing but–

 

RRRIINGGG!!

 

The door opened, showing Kyuhyun’s secretary with Park Geunhae behind her. Geunhae stepped in after she thanked the secretary.

 

“So you were that prosecutor?” Kyuhyun stood up, staring at her from top to toe.

 

In his opinion, she was pretty. Tall, long legs, estimated height 5’7. Long hair without fringe, a good choice indeed, because her pretty forehead was shown and made her pretty. Slim and slender, close to y but not considered as y. Her eyes was big and full of expression. It can be cute, but also sharp at the same time. What made him confused was her fashion taste. She didn’t dress up as a woman, but as a man instead. Only wears shirt and pants. Not a feminist. Her sharp face features made her look assertive. Her face fits as a prosecutor.

 

 

“You sounded like a guy who doesn’t need my help” Geunhae said. “And I’m sure you know who I am, so we don’t need to introduce ourself, do we?”

 

“I’ll ask you a few questions” Geunhae stepped to his table and took out a photo of Moreau. “Do you know Jean-Pierre Moreau?”  

 

“The wine sponsor for the party in Yeosu” Kyuhyun answered. “Why are you asking?”

 

“Its my duty” Geunhae answered.

 

“So your duty is asking questions?” Kyuhyun asked. “Did you do the same thing to the people you caught?”

 

“Yes” she answered as she shot a glare at him.

 

“Why are you here and asking me questions? Who do you think you are?”

 

“I’m a prosecutor. I have my authority to come and ask these questions to you”

 

“And what does it has to do with Moreau?”

 

“He said that you are a target of Black Ops” Geunhae said. “That’s why we have to protect you”

 

“I can handle them” Kyuhyun said arrogantly. “I can make a deal with them, and I have my own ways in handling people”

 

Tch. This guy is so arrogant.

 

“Why don’t we have some lunch first?”  Kyuhyun smiled. “Since it is our first meeting, and its close to the lunch hour now”

 

Confusing. First he didn’t need me, now he took me for lunch.

 

Geunhae can’t say no to his offer. Not because she is hungry – although she felt hungry, she didn’t have a breakfast – but she was anticipating what’s next, and she still need more answers. She distracted herself by looking to the city view from the enormous windows.

 

“Do you have to do this?” Geunhae turned and asked Kyuhyun who already sat on his chair, adjusting his napkin. “The chefs are preparing the lunch. You don’t want to eat, Geunhae-ssi?”

 

“You’re too much” Geunhae commented. “You can come to the attorney office. The president requested for this investigation and he requested you to help on this investigation as well”

 

“What am I? K-9?” Kyuhyun asked. “I have other things to occupy, you know”

 

“So you are refusing this offer” Geunhae said. “It was for your safety after all. Maybe tomorrow the economy infrastructure will going down because Black Ops caught you and killed you to pieces”

 

Kyuhyun stood up and walked to her. Geunhae stepped back, but she was blocked by the window. He leaned closer. “I would like to. If, you would have a lunch with me” he said.

 

Geunhae looked inconvenient. “Yeah, but we don’t have to be this close” Geunhae said. But Kyuhyun wouldn’t step back. He stared at her face for a long time. “Yah, get off before I break your bones” Geunhae glared at him.

 

“So this is Park Geunhae” Kyuhyun said. “Allergic to snobs, dress up like a man, cold like an ice and also... Lady Park’s daughter”

 

“Mworagoyo?” Geunhae was taken aback.

 

“You think I’m stupid?” Kyuhyun asked. “Yah, I was this close to your face because your eyes looked familiar”

 

“You’ve misunderstood this, Mr. Cho”

 

“You’re Elizabeth” Kyuhyun concluded. “And I’m sure that I’m not wrong”

 

Geunhae’s eyes widened. This guy is damn smart.

 

“I... gotta go” Geunhae pushed him away and tried to go, but Kyuhyun took her hand. “Its useless. Its lunch hour, and the office was closed until 2 pm. The doors are secured and locked, so its going to be useless”

 

Geunhae sighed. She was cornered.

 

“Fine” she answered. “I’ll have a lunch with you”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, which looked like a kid who just pranked his friend. Geunhae sat down, grateful that no one was there. The servants are coming, bringing the food for the feast. They’re following the rituals: serving, then telling the food. Geunhae furrowed her eyebrows when they served three empty plates. There’s only that snob and her who had the lunch, who’s the other one? It can’t be that lawyer with pouty lips.

 

“Lunch is served” someone said, who Geunhae believed as the head chef. “There are fondue with potatoes, boeuf bourguignon, and tarte normande for the dessert”

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa” Geunhae raised her hand before the head chef continues. “Can I change? I don’t know these foods, so I better change it to kimchi or bulgogi”

 

“Explain to her” Kyuhyun ordered. The head chef nodded and turned back to Geunhae. “These are French cuisines” he said.

 

“What?” she was shocked. “Can we just have Korean food?”

 

“Its President Cho’s request” the head chef replied. “I’m sorry, Miss, but this is the President’s order. And please enjoy the food, Miss”

 

The head chef quickly stepped out from the dining room to avoid more questions. Geunhae glared at Kyuhyun, who calmly cut the meat and ate it.

 

“Yah! This is too much!” Geunhae shouted in all of sudden.

 

“Well its up to me anyway” Kyuhyun replied. “Besides, its just a lunch. You should try the food anyway. They’re delicious”

 

“No” she denied. “Of all the lunches I had, this is the most.... the weirdest one! This is too much for me. You should tell me that we’re going to eat this... ugh, this ‘French’ food”

 

“Just stop whining and start eating” he replied. “You’re making the chef feeling inconvenient. He cooked these for like, hours and you’re going to waste it?”

 

“I hate your snobbish life” she murmured. “Yet I felt bad for involving this snobbish life”

 

Geunhae started eating. Her face was expressionless. The food felt good in , more like delicious, but close to delicious. She almost forgot that she’s in U.P.I. Office, remembering Kyuhyun’s face made the food tasteless and decreasing her appetite. She started to hate him. He likes to force people and acting so confusing. Yet his cold tone when he talks, and he’ll sound angry when she started to protest. But she had authorities, means she has duties to fulfill as well.

 

Which one should I blame first? Leeteuk? The President? Oh, right. Maybe Kyuhyun should be blamed first. He’s the jerk of the jerk, good enough to blame on.

 

The door opened, revealing a girl in dress. Geunhae looked up, staring at the girl. She looked familiar. Very familiar. Geunhae widened her eyes, can’t believe on what she just saw.

 

Seohyun.

 

She wanted to call her name, but Seohyun stared back at her, coldly. Geunhae’s mouth dropped to a semi-frown, looking to her cold stare. Its not that she hates Seohyun, but every time she’s with Seohyun, she felt a cold and unfriendly aura.

 

Seohyun, who was taken aback on Geunhae’s presence, started to think bad.

 

What is she doing here? Are they dating? She’s having a lunch with Kyuhyun-ssi. Why is she here? Don’t think bad, Seohyun. She’s just doing her job. I hope so.

 

“Annyeong haseyo” Seohyun greeted as she took a seat. “Am I late?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “No, you’re not” he said. “You’re just in time for lunch. The lunch is served, so don’t be shy and start eating”

 

Seohyun nodded as she started to grab the knife and fork to cut the meat. She pretended that Geunhae wasn’t there. “Kyuhyun-ssi, I’m sorry for not bringing my father” she said. “He insisted on not coming, saying that this a lunch date”

 

“Not anymore” Kyuhyun glanced at Geunhae, which made Seohyun frowned. But she pulled her frown back when Kyuhyun turned to her. “Say, what made you agreed?”

 

“On what case? The date? Or the marriage?”

 

Geunhae suddenly choked and coughed. She was really shocked on her words. Not because of jealousy, but the marriage between Seohyun and Kyuhyun is something that she can’t believe. She then glared at Kyuhyun, giving him the what-the-heck-did-she-just-say-and-why-didn’t-you-tell-me glare.

 

“What the heck?” Geunhae asked. “You two... You two are married?”

“It doesn’t sound like Park Geunhae” Kyuhyun commented. “Why so shocked? You dropped your formalities as well, and made it sound like a clueless kid instead of a prosecutor”

 

“Nope” Geunhae quickly shook her head. “Its not that I’m shocked. Well, congratulations for your marriage”

 

“Thank you” Seohyun said, instead of Kyuhyun who felt too awkward to return the thank you. “So, Kyuhyun-ssi, what makes you agree? I mean, we haven’t know each other” Seohyun said.

 

“I’m tired of being single” Kyuhyun said. “And I’m glad your father offered me a marriage contract. We can get to know each other first, so we can make this easy and slow”

 

“To be honest, you are an interesting person” Seohyun confessed. “So it’ll be easy for me. I’m glad as well for this marriage, although we’re just business partners. We’ll learn to love, right?”

 

“Of course” he smiled back. “You’re interesting as well. What do you think about the food?”

 

“You know my favorite food” she replied. “I always wanted to eat French food. Reminds me when I’m in France a week ago. The beef, the fondue, they’re all delicious”

 

“I’m glad that you like it” Kyuhyun said. “We better finish this before we move on to the dessert”

 

Geunhae stared at them with boredom. Snobbish meets snobbish, of course watching people dating made her inconvenient. But it looks like there’s only them in the world. Geunhae decided to continue her lunch.

 


 

Geunhae glad when the clock strikes at two. The three of them finished the dessert since an hour ago, but Kyuhyun and Seohyun had the never-ending talk and Geunhae kept staring at the window, almost falling asleep.

 

But what made her annoyed was Seohyun. Seohyun met her in the restroom when Geunhae finished from the toilet, since she wanted to go to the toilet and Kyuhyun locked her in the dining room for two freaking hours.

 

“I know that its your job, and you won’t do anything to him” Seohyun started. “But I warned you, he’s my fiancee”

 

Geunhae turned off the tap then sighed. “I know, Seohyun. Why would I do that? Its useless” she replied.

 

“What is your connection with him?” Seohyun asked. “He even asked you for lunch. You seemed so happy”

 

“Trust me, Seohyun. It was a torture” Geunhae answered. “And don’t be so hard on me. Judging on the situation, you have more benefit than me”

 

“You still haven’t answer my question” Seohyun said, glaring at her.

 

“Connection between us? He’s just a source for the investigation” Geunhae answered. “He even not playing his role as a source yet. So please don’t be stupid and play vigilante. I’m not attracted or whatever it is, vice versa. I’m just doing my job, and he’s my source on this investigation. Satisfied?”

 

“If you’re done, I’ll go now” Geunhae said. “I still need to ask questions on Kyuhyun”

 

Seohyun grunted when Geunhae left the restroom.

 

She’s always be the first to take what’s mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Dictionary:

beouf borguignon: Beef cooked in red Burgundy wine, usually with mushrooms and carrots.

fondue: Famous fondue Savoyarde is a big pot of melted cheese. Served with bread, potatoes, apples, and other things good for dipping.

tartare normande: France's apple tarts. This one typically includes a little shot of Calvados, an apple brandy made in Normandy.

vice versa: another word for 'otherwise'. example, "I'll be yours and vice versa" if the vice versa was eliminated the sentence will be "I'll be yours and you'll be mine"

vigilante: judging the situation on your own without knowing.

 

 


Story Recommendation

 

…and then, I Became Cho KyuHyun’s Personal Translator

 

its kind of old story, and completed already, but...

THE FLUFF, THE EVIL CHARACTERS, THE CHEMISTRY, THE PRANKS,

NEED I SAY MORE?

 

 


Author's Note:

As usual, SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, UPVOTE!