Lady Park and Elizabeth

The 20th

 


Heechul closed the door as he kept pulling Geunhae’s arm. And of course, Geunhae can’t say no to him.

“What are we doing actually?” Geunhae asked.

“Tonight, you are a Cinderella” Heechul smiled. “And I’m going to be your Fairy Godmother”

“Aren’t you supposed to be Cinderella?” Geunhae asked. “Because you seemed more suitable to be her”

“Oh, shut up” Heechul rolled his eyes. “Your Fairy Godmother can turned to Step Mother. Its your first mission on hunting Black Ops. Cho Kyuhyun might have an incoming guest from Black Ops, reminding that he’s the target. Someone might pull a prank on him”

“And” he continued. “Its the perfect night to relive the Odette inside you, after years and years being an ugly white swan who prefers to be ugly”

“I’m not a swan, Oppa!” Geunhae pouted. Heechul laughed hearing that.

“Trust me, you’re going to be beautiful” he winked before they entered the room.


 

Kyuhyun was surprised. Jongin was right, this is a real masquerade. Luckily, he was dressed in a suit, not forgetting the mask too. He was confused. However, his body reacted the opposite. He quickly glanced over the stage which was taken by Lee Sooman.

“Thank you everyone for coming to the show” Sooman said. “For the first event of the night, lets give it up for SM’s Theater!”

Sooman really knows how to entertain his guest, Kyuhyun thought. The stage was turned into a broadway stage, and the band started to play. On the center of the stage, a dramatic play entertained the guests, receiving a thunderous applause.

He looked to his side. Sooman appeared with his wife. “Ah, Kyuhyun-ssi... I think this is the right person, yeobo” Sooman said to his wife. Both are in pink masks. “Kyuhyun-ssi, I haven’t introduce you to my wife, right?” he asked.

Kyuhyun nodded. Mrs Lee reached out her hand. “Annyeong haseyo. I’m Sooman’s wife, its really nice to meet you... although I can’t see your face”

He took her hand and kissed her palm. “Apparently, the same thing happened to me” he said.

But as much excitement on him, is the same as his worries. Men always have instincts whenever they got someone who watched over them. Kyuhyun turned back, but no one seemed to stalk him.

Stupid masks. If it isn’t masquerade, maybe I would’ve know.

Meanwhile...

Park Geunhae was having a sip of her champagne. Next to her was Kim Heechul, the representative of Seoul PD, who knows everyone in the party. Geunhae was confused, what made him so famous?

“Oppa, I think I found him”

“Jinjja?” Heechul asked in excitement. “Aigooo...”

Heechul was alarmed when he saw Kyuhyun approaching them. He was trying to recognized him, and Heechul smirked. He nudged Geunhae’s arms.

“Lady Park!” Kyuhyun greeted to Heechul. “Lady Park, annyeong haseyo”

“Ah, Kyuhyun-ssi...” Heechul smiled. “You’re coming too, huh?”

“Ne, Professor Lee invited me” Kyuhyun answered. “How have you been in London lately?”

Geunhae straightened her lip. Geez, this Oppa... jinjja...

Heechul had recently approved to be disguised as Lady Park, since he’s Lady Park’s best friend. Lady Park was the Korean-British woman in her 60s who is a veteran model and descendants of British Empire. He’s trusted and suitable to be another version of Lady Park. Leeteuk often said that he’s the male version of Lady Park.

However, Kyuhyun was also Lady Park’s close friend.

“The Duchess was asking me if we can go to watch Wimbledon Open* together” the so-called Lady Park smiled. “But sadly she’s pretty busy. That’s why I’m coming here”

“Kyuhyun-ssi” Heechul smirked as he took Geunhae’s arm and offered it to him. “I’d like to introduce you to someone. She’s my daughter, Elizabeth” Heechul said.

“Ah, annyeong haseyo” Kyuhyun smiled as he shook Geunhae’s hand. He looked to her eye, and there’s this weird feeling bolted to his heart. He’s not feeling suspicious, instead...

This feeling... Its been a long time I haven’t felt like this. What’s happening to me?

The her he mentioned was someone else, of course. Kyuhyun quickly diverted that thought and talked. “You’re as pretty as your mother” Kyuhyun praised.

“Thank you” Geunhae answered in English. Of course, she had to blend in. She was fortunate that this is a masqurade. Both her and Heechul are disguised in masks, so Kyuhyun won’t be suspicious.

He sounded like a flirt. Ugh, why do I have to be assigned with this kind of guy?

“Bangapseumnida” Kyuhyun suddenly said. Geunhae acted like she doesn’t know Korean.

“Oh, what were you saying?” Geunhae asked.

“Its a Korean phrase, means...” he answered in English. “Nice to meet you. I suppose its your first time in Korea, am I right?”

“Yes” Geunhae nodded. Then she realized something.

Heechul suddenly disappeared.

opened to call ‘Oppa’, but she suddenly thought that she was a daughter of Lady Park. “Oh, Mother! Oh my, where’s my Mother?” she exclaimed as she looked around. “Have you seen my Mother?” Geunhae asked.

“No” Kyuhyun shook his head. Geunhae panicked.

Heechul oppa! You’re dead for matchmaking me with this brat!

“Oh, Mother!” Geunhae started to swift around, asking guests in her British dialect. While Kyuhyun followed her, looked worried as well. Lady Park was missing, and seeing Elizabeth wandering around made him worried.

“Elizabeth” Kyuhyun pulled her. But Geunhae didn’t realize. Their position, however was awkwardly romantic. Geunhae looked to his eyes, but quickly looked away.

“Please help me, Kyuhyun” Geunhae said.

Kyuhyun sighed. “Perhaps she’s going to the toilet. She’s not seen anywhere. Elizabeth, do you have any idea of where she’s going?” he asked.

“Of course no!” Geunhae answered. “She was suddenly missing when we were talking”

“I guess I have to put you somewhere” Kyuhyun said. “You’ll lost if you’re wandering around”

Kyuhyun pulled her arm and went to the right side of the stage. But suddenly someone appeared. It was Jongin, who easily recognized Kyuhyun.

“President Cho, the singer approved you to replace her” Jongin said. “You have to be on stage in a minute”

“Aish” Kyuhyun muttered. “Elizabeth, just stand near the curtains. Don’t come out until I came back. Okay?”

Geunhae nodded. I hate to keep pretending, she thought. Besides, he was too nice to her. Kyuhyun pulled her and she stopped behind the curtains. Kyuhyun stepped forward to the stage, receiving applause.

“Hello everyone, you’re watching Cho Kyuhyun ” he greeted. “I’m going to sing a song from Bubble Sisters called Love Dust. Its dedicated for someone out there, who I wished to hear this. Please enjoy, thank you”

Everyone applaused as the violin opens the song and he played the piano.

Geudael saranghan manheun heunjeokdeureul ijen jiwoyagetjyo
Geudae sajindo hamkke nanun
Chatjando juindo eobsi nama itjyo

Chueongmaneuron nae miryeonmaneuron
Deoneun uimi eomneun modeun geotdeureul

Sondaemyeon nan nunmuri heulleoseo
Barabol ttaemyeon mame meongi deureoseo
Ijen gaseum sirin chueogeuro mudeoduryeo
Geudae heunjeogeul nan jiujyo

Sarang deo eobtjyo naege nameun georagon
Geudaeui chueok ppun
Banjjogeul irheo amu sseulmodo eobsi
Nal mugeopgeman hal ppuninde

Naui nunmuldo gin naui hansumdo
Ijen amu soyongeomneun geol aljyo

Sonman daeeodo nan nunmuri heulleoseo
Barabol ttaemyeon maeume meongi deureoseo
Ijen gaseum sirin chueogeuro namgyeojil
Geudae heunjeogi neomu manhaseo nan apeujyo

Kkok meonjicheoreom nae mam gotgose geu sarangi nama

Geudael saranghan geu heunjeogeul chiujyo
Nae bang gadeukhan geudaeui hyanggikkajido
Hajiman nae ane namainneun sarangeun
Jiuryeo haedo modu beoriryeo haedo
Geuge jal andoenabwayo
Geudaega nae mame beeoseo

 

(Kyuhyun – Love Dust | http://www.kpoplyrics.net/kyuhyun-love-dust-lyrics-english-romanized.html )

 

Geunhae did nothing but watch. She unconsciously smiling, admiring his voice. His voice was emotionally amazing. Not only good in technique, but also penetrating everyone’s hearts, giving all his emotion to the song. Its like his heart was singing there, with his mouth as a medium.

 

Because he was singing to Han Jiae.

 

However, Geunhae got a bad news. A text from Heechul suddenly appeared.

 

Geunhae, I’m sorry. I’m already at the labcrime. Teukie instructed me, so you and Kyuhyun are left alone. So I left you to Kyuhyun. Sorry!

 

Geunhae grunted. Her admiration over Kyuhyun was replaced by Heechul’s real plan. Gosh, why are those two became cupids in all of sudden?

 

“What happened?”

 

Geunhae looked up. Kyuhyun appeared in all of sudden, knowing there’s something wrong. He took Geunhae’s hand and they stepped out of the backstage.

 

“My mother already went somewhere else” Geunhae said. “She said that she was called by the ambassador”

 

“That’s bad” Kyuhyun ruffled his hair. “Lady Park should’ve take you if something happened”

 

“I’m really sure she’s matchmaking” Geunhae mocked.

 

“Excuse me?” Kyuhyun was taken aback of her words.

 

“Don’t misunderstand this” Geunhae said. “She’s always like that”

 

“I guess there’s nothing left” Kyuhyun sighed. “Do you remember the hotel you were staying?”

 


 

 

Geunhae can’t believe of what happened.

 

Minutes later, she was inside Kyuhyun’s Ferrarri. Beside her, Kyuhyun was driving, his face looked somehow inconvenient. He had to leave earlier because of her. Geunhae didn’t feel good for disguising like this. And, she didn’t even take off her mask. Kyuhyun did, and she never believed his face. He was handsome, Geunhae couldn’t deny it. But it doesn’t mean she can always fall easily. Especially for someone like Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“Shangri-La?” Kyuhyun asked. “Ah, the usual place. Tell your mother that we’re going there”

 

“Yes” Geunhae said.

 

“I’ll talk to her soon” he added. “How could she left you like that? Besides, its your first time here”

 

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun” Geunhae said, whole-heartedly. “I made you like this. You had to leave earlier because of me”

 

“You don’t have to say sorry” Kyuhyun said. “Its fine. Really. I was with you all along, so I have to help. Not much of the guests can speak English”

 

“Thank you” Geunhae said.

 

Kyuhyun glanced at her. “You’re welcome” he answered. “Uh, and... Elizabeth?”

“Yeah?”

 

“Why you’re not taking off your mask?” Kyuhyun asked as he stopped the car at the junction’s traffic light.

 

“Ah, is that a problem?” Geunhae asked back.

 

“Well, we’re no longer at the event” Kyuhyun said. “Why you’re not taking it off? We’ve been together for ours and you’re not taking off your mask”

 

Geunhae looked to the traffic light. There’s still 45 seconds. Kyuhyun leaned closer, as his hand touched her mask. But Geunhae yanked his hand, suddenly getting off herself from the seatbelt and unlocked the door. Kyuhyun surprised of all her acts.

 

“Elizabeth! Wait!”

 

Geunhae tripped on her heels and fell down. Her mask fell. Kyuhyun stepped outside and tried to help her. “Elizabeth!” he called. But Geunhae yanked his hand once more and covered her face. Kyuhyun pulled her arm but Geunhae looked down as she pulled his hand to her shoulder, flipping him to the ground.

 

“Sorry!”

 

Geunhae covered her face and ran quicker. Kyuhyun got up, luckily there was no other car near the junction. Unfortunately, he lost her.

 

He picked up the mask as he sighed.

 

“This girl is really mysterious...”

 


Author's Note:

*Wimbledon Open: the annual tennis championship held in Wimbledon, UK. 

-

Park Geunhae has connections with Han Jiae.

Please stay tuned. There's more to show.

Especially, the male's other side that you never expect.