Disapproval

The 20th

8 – Disapproval

 

 

“Father, this is Jiae. And Jiae, this is my... the man who was married to my mother”

The older man held out his hand and Jiae shook his. “Annyeong haseyo. I’m Han Jiae...” Jiae introduced politely and bowed.

Kyuhyun sighed. “Jiae, wait inside” he said. Jiae nodded, since she felt awkward and needed that those two guys need a room. After Jiae left, Kyuhyun sighing in frustation, muttering curse words. Meanwhile, the father furrowed his eyebrows.

“You’re ruining everything” Kyuhyun finally said first. “Why the hell did you come?”

“If I didn’t come, what do you have to say to the principal?” Mr Cho asked. “I know well how alone you are here”

“I’m not alone” Kyuhyun corrected him. “I have Jiae”

“And you have Jiae” Mr Cho said. “You only have her”

“This should be the last thing you do” he said, anger detected in his voice. “Fine, you can defend me and Jiae. After that, you have to walk away, even with your loanshark friends”

“Don’t tell me what to do, Kyuhyun” Mr Cho said. “I’m ashamed of what you did”

“I don’t need your opinions” Kyuhyun said. “Besides, you don’t want to see me again, right? Why don’t you leave?”

“Right” his father. “I guess I’ll go now”

Kyuhyun stared at his father, as his father left him. He’s not even his biological father. He’s just a man who married to his mother and gave him bad memories. He’s a devil to him, although he’s sensible and demure. His tears fell down, as bad memories filled up his mind. His fist clenched, angry at him. He remembered well how he treated him.

“You bastard! You’re nothing but a bastard who cries!”

“Idiot. I’d rather buy some chips than buying you this stupid toy”

“You’re just like your father. Stubborn and rock-headed”

“Son of a ! You better get out of here!”

His tears kept falling and falling. He stared at the city view, helpless. He felt like he was living dead body.

But he can’t let anyone else know about his father.

He just... can’t.


Meanwhile, Jiae met Kyuhyun’s father in the hallway. She felt weird atmosphere around him. It was... fear. Suspicious on the other part, but she also found her fear on Mr Cho.

“Han Jiae-ssi” he said.

“Yes?”

“What is your connection between you and him?” he asked, not mentioning his name or at least saying ‘my son’ could be better.

“He’s my... friend” Jiae said, afraid that she said the wrong thing.

“Friend?” Mr Cho raised his eyebrow. “Well, if he’s your, friend... then he wouldn’t hug you like that”

“He was protecting me...” Jiae answered.

“So then it must be more than friends” Mr Cho concluded. “Say... do you, by a chance, love him?”

Jiae gulped. He’s not that easy to fool.

“Yes” she said it. His father doesn’t show any shock or something. The proof was enough for him to understand.

“I actually don’t care if you love him or not” his father smiled fakely. “But Han Jiae, know one thing. He’s not that person you see”

“What makes you think you said that, Sir?” Jiae dared to ask. Mr Cho scoffed and looked at her.

“Because I am his father” he answered. “So, as his father, I’m telling you this”

She became hesitant. She wondered if Mr Cho’s words are true. But the next thing she heard was hurting her.

“Dont ever love him again, Han Jiae” Mr Cho said. “Its my order, and my duty for keeping you away from getting hurt. I don’t want him to hurt any girl, especially you”

“Don’t even think to appear by his side again” he repeated his order before he left.

Jiae was left with confusion. She gulped again and again. Mr Cho’s words might be true. Her body trembled as she held to the wall for her balance.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun appeared in the hallway. He looked to Jiae’s eyes.

“Jiae...” he gasped. I just need you now, to heal the sorrow, his heart said. Kyuhyun’s hands sticked to her arms as he pinned her to the wall, started to kiss her.

Jiae didn’t reply his kiss. His lips felt sweet and warm, but suddenly it felt sour and wet. She opened her eyes immidiately and stopped everything.

Tears.

He was crying. She looked to his not-bandaged eye. It was teary. He was sad, she could feel it. Was it because of his father?

“I need you” he said. “I just need a shoulder to cry”

“I thought you’re playing with pride again–”

He kissed her again, before he hugged her and cried on her shoulder.


On the next day.

The father’s visit had made Jiae confused. And it changed her.

Kyuhyun smiled, as he put his arms on Jiae’s shoulder. “Hey, sunshine” he whispered. “Did you have lunch already?” Jiae asked.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Finally, the school’s over” he smiled. Jiae furrowed her eyebrows. He must have a plan.

Everyone’s looking at them, but Kyuhyun ignored. Jiae, however, is not used to be looked like that by people. She looked uncomfortable with people around her. Realizing that, he suddenly stopped.

“Everyone, Han Jiae is my girlfriend now” Kyuhyun announced. “So don’t mess up with her or you’re messing with me”

Then, they continued to walk outside. “Kyu, you embarrassed me” Jiae whispered, feeling uncomfortable.

“Come on, sunshine” Kyuhyun whispered back. “They should know after all” he said. “Why? Are you uncomfortable about it?”

“I never thought it was so fast” Jiae smiled. She felt weird with Kyuhyun’s drastic change. He was cold before, and he was suddenly sweet and acted so intimate.

Kyuhyun, however, did his best to keep her close to him. Ever since his father came, he can’t be crying no more. He worried that he’ll do something to Jiae. He knew well how his father hates everything he does.

“Hey, do you want some ice-cream?” Kyuhyun offered her.

Jiae sighed. “Well, I do want some ice-cream...” she said. “But Mom’s picking me up”

“I thought she trusted me for walking you home” Kyuhyun said. “Why not?” he pouted.

Jiae just smiled. She knew she had to stay to him, but not any longer. Everytime she saw him, she immidiately remember his father’s warning. She didn’t tell Kyuhyun, although she should. Because Kyuhyun saw his father as a threat.

“Your mom is supporting us” Kyuhyun pleaded again. “She’ll allow us for ice-cream date”

“She’ll be here in five minutes” Jiae gave another excuse. “We’ll try some other time, alright?”

Kyuhyun gripped her hand as they sat down. “Oh come on, sunshine. I want to spend some time with you” he said. “Why can’t we have a date once?”

“I thought we had a date already” Jiae said. “You know we also have homework. I don’t want to disturb you when you study... And you should do your homework, alright?”

“You sounded like a mom” he scoffed. He took out a walkman with its handsfree and put on the right earplug to Jiae’s ear and put the left one to his ear.

“Since we can’t have ice-cream for two” Kyuhyun started looking on the songs. “We can at least listen to one song together while waiting for your mom”

Kyuhyun played a song. Its a slow song. They sat silently while listening to the song. It sounded so slow, that made him sleepy.

Jiae suddenly felt something weird. She found Kyuhyun was falling to her shoulder. She looked unhappy. She’s still thinking about his father. She was wondering, how come he had a bad relationship with his father? Kyuhyun turned cold the moment his father arrived, and yet his father was threatening her not to be close to him. She was afraid of what happened next.

She looked to the road, and a black sedan suddenly stop in front of the bus stop. Kyuhyun slowly woke up, his head lifted from her shoulder.

“Mom’s here” Jiae said. She was grateful for a moment.

“Bye, sunshine” Kyuhyun kissed her cheeks before she got up, quickly stepped into her mom’s car. Jiae felt guilty somehow.

Her mom’s expression was not quite good when she arrived inside.

“Are you ignoring him?” her mom immidiately asked him. “You’re texting me to pick me up in all of sudden. What happened to you two?”

As usual, Jiae cannot avoid her mom’s ‘mother instinct’. Her mom can read her mind, and she saw her walking fast with a guilt on her face.

“Kyuhyun must be sad” Mrs Han said. “Besides, he can go with us”

“No, he can’t!” Jiae snapped.

“Why?” Mrs Han asked. She saw a supermarket nearby and stopped there. “Before we got home, I want you to help me buy some food and groceries” Mrs Han said.

“Alright, Mom” Jiae nodded as she followed her mom inside the supermarket. She took some snacks for herself and put it into the basket. She was clumsy and bumped someone.

“Jiae?”

She looked up. It was Donghae.

“Sunbae” she smiled. “What are you doing here?”

“Its my turn to buy snacks for the school organization” Donghae answered. “And what about you? I never knew you were going out this quick”

“I was helping my mom” Jiae looked to her mom who’s picking up some things and put it in her basket.

“Jiae-ssi” Donghae called again. “I’m offering your boyfriend a chance to go for a school recital next month”

“Whoa, that’s great” Jiae smiled. “I knew his voice is good, but why don’t you just tell him already?”

“He’s not listening to me” he answered. “Maybe if you told him, he might take the offer”

“Sure, then” she nodded. She can’t be seen avoiding him by Donghae, since her mom already caught her act. “I’ll tell him” she said. Maybe I wont, she thought.

“He’s clueless sometimes” Donghae assumed. “His voice is good. He should train his skills more”

“I agree with you” Jiae said. For the next five minutes, Donghae and Jiae kept talking about him, then moved to another topic.

Meanwhile, a bus was stopping in front of the supermarket. Kyuhyun was inside, watching the supermarket. She saw two familiar people inside the supermarket. He looked closer, widening his eyes.

“Jiae...” he gasped. It was Jiae, talking with Donghae.

So you cancelled your date for this?, he asked inside his heart. He didn’t like to see her with another guy, especially a guy like Donghae. He sighed. Kyuhyun hoped that the bus would go. But it seemed so slow. He wanted to go.

He was disappointed.

 


 

A/N:

Please read my 2 new fanfics:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/460055/latte-couple-comedy-romance-you-exo-luhan-slightangst

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/460993/as-a-sister-or-a-woman-kyuhyun

sorry for not giving you much details. I like to keep it secret. So just click and you'll know!

Now, about the story.

I know this is soooo bipolar. The chapter went happy, then got sad in all of sudden.

However, I have a reason. I can't delay to what happens next. And besides, all the chapters are still in the flashback, which is not the present day. A few more chapters to be released soon before we can go to the real story in the present time.

Which is why I'm just writing important incidents and I can't delay to what happens next.

And... I apologize for the short chapter. I dont know if its short or not, but it does feel short for me. Maybe the Microsoft Word effect. Keke.

Please comment and subscribe! Subscribe and comment! Oh, and also upvote! Share your thoughts! Highly appreciated.