In The KTX

The 20th

“Han Jiae! Where are you!”

Kyuhyun started to run and think hard about places where Jiae can go. His feet lead him, he can’t think anything. All that popped in his mind was questions.

“Jiae!” he shouted again. He ran again and again. She was lost. Where is she? Kyuhyun kept running, until he reached a bridge. The main road was crowded, cars were speeding here and there. He saw a glimpse, a familiar glimpse.

It was Han Jiae.

“Jiae!” he called.

But it was too late. Jiae climbed the bridge’s railing and jumped. Kyuhyun was too late when he ran to the railing. He shouted her name and jumped, trying to get her. Then, a truck was passing down there and couldn’t control the brake. The truck was hitting Jiae hard, tossing her out of the railing. Meters away from the railing was an inclined ground that led to the forest. Jiae was tossed meters away, far to the forest.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was too late. He fell to the ground, jumped for nothing. Blood coming out from his head. He looked to the forest. He wanted to find Jiae, but his body was too weak for him, even to get up.

He saw people was coming, clustering him before he felt tears running to his cheek and the world suddenly took him to the total darkness.


 

14 years later.

A man hurriedly came out of the lift and got into a big room. He’s not believing what he just saw. He saw another man was having a glass of wine on his bar.

“President Cho, isn’t it a little too early for a wine?”

Cho Kyuhyun turned to him, he looked confused. “Yah, how can I not calm down and drink when I just had a contract with that hell human?” he asked.

“Sir, I supposed you’re not calling President Seo with that kind of name”

“Kim Jongin” Kyuhyun sighed. “Just because I’m a CEO, doesn’t mean I can’t say that. Besides, I’ve heard various names of mine from the other business partners”

He took another sip of his wine and sighed. “Even this wine suddenly tasted bad” he muttered. “Anyways, what happened?”

Jongin looked worried and nervous as he faced his boss. “Your colleague, Sir, Professor Lee Sooman...” he said in a low voice, and paused. Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“You’re not finished yet” he said.

“He’s holding a masquerade party for you” Jongin continued. “He invited you for grand opening of SM’s Opera House”

“A masquerade party for the grand opening?” Kyuhyun started to comment. “Very classic. And then?”

“Oh yeah, and also, its Mrs Lee’s wife’s birthday as well” Jongin said. “It would be inconvenient for him if we didn’t come”

Kyuhyun smirked. “Of course we should go there” Kyuhyun said. “Besides, I have a good feeling that someone’s waiting for me there...”

Kyuhyun called his secretary to prepare a suit for him. He walked to see the Seoul’s sky. One hundred meters below him is Seoul. He saw his reflection on the window.

Now, Kyuhyun has ended up as the most successful businessman in Korea. Perhaps, in Asia. He was given the company by his step-father and has brought the U.P.I. Group to the most successful group in Asia. It was first going on education, but Kyuhyun thought deeper. The company was going on all aspects, trying on new projects everyday, thinking on how to make a better future for the country.

Everyone thought that he’s on the top. He’s lucky and living a good life. But behind every person’s life, there’s always ugly truths that lies behind.

Behind his life is something that people never expect.

Something that they regret to see from him.

 

 

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> 

A KTX from Busan just settled from the previous station, crossing the country like a bullet. In a few hours, it’ll reach the last station, Seoul. Passengers are here and there, doing their things. Nothing has been weird, as if it is another train trip. At least for now.

The nuclear project as a power source had succesfully been held. The U.P.I. Group had recently gave a life to people in Yeosu for three months, giving supplies for them. They’re not using the nuclear as weapons, but power source. They’re following Japan’s footsteps and we hope that the project will continue for a better future. The CEO, Cho Kyuhyun, stated that they will give more supplies by not just with nuclear, but also trying alternative sources in order to make Korea greener than before. Right now, they still try to help goverment by making new resources for the citizens of Korea”

“Meanwhile, on the political news. Prosecutor Park Geunhae once again caught another government’s leech. The corruptor Eun Gilsung has caught by the police, thanks to her. The victim, Yoo Seungjae was no longer the defendant. Park Geunhae, as usual, made a hot lawsuit and brought the evidence, which is Eun Gilsung’s bank account and also the Porsche that became the silent witness of Yoo Seungjae’s assault. Recently, Park Geunhae was also given an award from The President of Korea, Choi Kangjin. She’s one of the President’s right hand

The TV was suddenly shut.

“Ya, Park Geunhae!”

Park Geunhae sighed as she looked to her partner, Jeon Yeonhwa. The prosecutor herself was someone who doesn’t like to be flattered. For her, its just part of the job. Geunhae hid the remote and continue on her cellphone as she tracked someone.

“You’re too focused” Yeonhwa commented. “Calm down your nerves a little bit. I consider for your attitude whenever the media said something about you, but can you stop working for a liiiiiiiiittle bit?”

Geunhae took another sip of Americano before she started looking to the files. “No can do. Rules are rules” Geunhae shook her head.

“Its the twentieth time you checked on the files” Yeonhwa said. “Besides, your hypotesis is 100% true as always”

Yeonhwa always overwhelmed looking to her partner’s habits. Of course, Park Geunhae is a dilligent and a dedicated person who follows the rules. But her sensibility sometimes annoys her, made her more concentrating on her job more than anything. Geunhae’s mind is a sharp as a thorn and she’s always one step faster than the others.

Park Geunhae and Jeon Yeonhwa are assigned to follow a French businessman, who’s been in Korea for days and they’re following the

“Wait, what was my hypotesis anyway?” Geunhae asked back.

“How can you forgot?” Yeonhwa asked. “Aish you little brat. You see, the tracker says that our enemy is here in this train”

“Oh, right” Geunhae stood up. “That person can do anything now! And the suspects... Oh god, we haven’t do anything!”

Geunhae stepped outside their first-class cabin to the machinist’s compartment. But then, at the end of the first-class compartment, there’s a bathroom.

I have to check everything on this train, she thought.

She checked on the cabins one by one before she reached to this one familiar cabin.

She quickly stepped in. The person in front of her looked at her with a weird expression. He looked like a French tourist, but Geunhae was certain that he’s more than that. She found her target.

“Are you Jean-Pierre Moreau?” Geunhae asked. The French man looked confused, as if he didn’t understand Korean.

vous êtes Jean-Pierre Moreau, ai-je raison?” she asked once more. Jean-Pierre Moreau nodded, and he gulped.

“I didn’t know how could a French get into here” Geunhae said. “But it seems like you are more than a business partner”

Que faites-vous?” Moreau looked scared. “I’m just a tourist... I don’t know what you are talking about”

“You see, Monsieur” Geunhae looked to his eyes. “What kind of tourist that goes to a consortium meeting in Yeosu and having a very good relationship with son of Minister Choi?”

Geunhae’s not finished yet. “Why are you taking KTX?” she asked. “Comparing it to Maglev? I’m sure you will prefer Maglev”

“You see this in a wrong way” Moreau replied. “I have no transportation to go”

“That’s a shame” Geunhae commented. “I suppose you should tell the truth. The evidences are all leading to you. The son of Minister Choi, Choi Junhong was drinking a wine last night. It was the first time he’s being introduced as the heir”

“The toxification test results says that it is not naturally alcohol poisoning” she said. “The substance here... its from your wine factory”

Moreau gulped. This woman just said he’s arrested for poisoning Choi Junhong with a mixture drink?

But he didn’t back down. Moreau stood up and pinned her to the wall. Geunhae fought back, kicking his stomach hard. She kicked both of his arms so she can get her arms released. Moreau tried to punch her face but Geunhae quickly moved with a fist to his chest. Then Geunhae kicked his and pushed him. She opened the window as she pushed Moreau’s head, making him facing outside and then she closed the window above Moreau’s throat was exactly under the window lid.

“Your target is not him” Geunhae assumed. “Junhong was only your experiment, right?”

“Please... ugh, please stop...” Moreau groaned in pain.

“Don’t plead” Geunhae pushed the window downwards, harder to strangle his throat. “I want answer. He’s your experiment, right?”

“Yes! Yes he is!” Moreau shouted. “Mère! Mère!

“Who are you working for?” Geunhae asked. “CIA? FBI? DST*?”

“Answer me!” she shouted as she strangle his throat.

“That is something... that I can’t tell you” Moreau said in pain. But Geunhae strangled him again, this time’s harder, until Moreau yelped in pain. His face was paler as Geunhae strangle him harder.

“Stop! I’ll tell you” Moreau yelled. “I was working for Black Ops! Their target is Cho Kyuhyun!”

“Good” Geunhae released him. She turned to Yeonhwa who just came in.

“Did you tell the machinist?” she asked. Yeonhwa nodded.

“Its good that we’re just using one cabin” Geunhae said. “So no one knows. Tell me more about the Black Ops later in Seoul PD”

Yeonhwa came and handcuffed Moreau.

“Don’t you know that I’m just a bait?” Moreau smirked and asked Geunhae. Geunhae, who’s about to leave him, suddenly stopped.

“Even if this is a fishing game or not” Geunhae said. “I’m gonna stop that called Black Ops”


“Black Ops?”

Detective Shim furrowed his eyebrows when he heard that name. Geunhae nodded, not understanding the look in Detective Shim.

“What’s wrong?” Geunhae asked. “Changmin-ssi, what’s wrong?”

Changmin looked to the other presence behind Geunhae. “Head Officer Park is behind you” he said. Geunhae turned and found his head officer doing aegyo to her.

“Oppa!” Geunhae called. “Eyy, aegyo in office? Seriously, Oppa...”

Leeteuk dropped his smile and pinched his sister’s cheeks. “Come on. I got another mission for you inside my room” Leeteuk said. Geunhae followed him into a room. As usual, Leeteuk the screen and this time, the screen showed Moreau and a weird logo.

“You’re talking Black Ops?” Geunhae raised her eyebrow.

“Of course, sis” Leeteuk said. “Its been a long time staying on the target board of us. And thanks to you, we can dig deeper on Black Ops”

“I never heard that kind of cartel” Geunhae commented.

“That is because their last activity was fifteen years ago” Leeteuk said. “Its an international cartel, no idea where the headquarters at. They spreaded all around the world, and they’re untraceable”

“Untraceable?”

“Before you caught Moreau, of course” he answered. “Catching one of them is such a honor, since they are all untraceable. By catching Moreau, we would know their motive”

“No wonder they’re going after Cho Kyuhyun” Leeteuk said. “The poison, perhaps was not for Choi Junhong, but maybe for him”

“Too fast” Geunhae commented. “If it is the most successful CEO in Asia, they have to be more smart. And not using KTX or pretending to be a friendly foreign business partner”

“That’s why we need some anticipation”

Leeteuk and Geunhae turned. It was none other than Kim Heechul. He smirked as he walked closer and watched the screen. “They are kind of difficult, but doesn’t mean you can’t do it. You see, their last activity is a robbery in a cruise ship, fifteen years ago” he said.

“Wait” Geunhae looked confused. “A robbery in a cruise ship? What kind of crimes that they did?”

“Well, kind of, everything” Heechul answered. “Drug dealing, murder, smuggling, , robbery, but we haven’t fully understand their work”

“One thing we know for sure, is that they’re always leaving no traces” Leeteuk said. “Maybe a crime scene doesn’t look like a crime scene in their case”

 “And you are leading the investigation, also, you’re protecting the targets” he continued, looking to Geunhae. Geunhae’s eyebrows are furrowed.

“You mean, Cho Kyuhyun?” Geunhae asked.

“Yeah” Leeteuk said. “We’ll contact him by tomorrow. For now, you have to do an early observation on Cho Kyuhyun”

“Should I check on the dead body I found in Yeosu?” Geunhae asked. “And Oppa, you’re saying it as if you’re a matchmaker or something”

“He is” Heechul commented. “What kind of brother that’s worrying about his baby sister’s single status? Your brother is”

“Shut up” Leeteuk nudged Heechul’s arm. “Aish, its not suitable enough for a secret. Besides, he can do matchmaking thing to other men, aside from Cho Kyuhyun”

“Ah, so its not” Geunhae sighed in relief. She walked, leaving the room. “I have to go on the dead body first–”

“No, No” Heechul pulled her. “We can do that later. Early observation comes first”

“What?” Geunhae looked confused. “What are you doing, Oppa?”

“Chullie, please accompany her” Leeteuk said. “Chullie will take care of you! Don’t worry!”

Heechul closed the door as he kept pulling Geunhae’s arm. And of course, Geunhae can’t say no to him.

“What are we doing actually?” Geunhae asked.

“Tonight, you are a Cinderella” Heechul smiled. “And I’m going to be your Fairy Godmother”

“Aren’t you supposed to be Cinderella?” Geunhae asked. “Because you seemed more suitable to be her”

“Oh, shut up” Heechul rolled his eyes. “Your Fairy Godmother can turned to Step Mother. Its your first mission on hunting Black Ops. Cho Kyuhyun might have an incoming guest from Black Ops, reminding that he’s the target. Someone might pull a prank on him”

“And” he continued. “Its the perfect night to relive the Odette inside you, after years and years being an ugly white swan who prefers to be ugly”

“I’m not a swan, Oppa!” Geunhae pouted. Heechul laughed hearing that.

“Trust me, you’re going to be beautiful” he winked before they entered the room.

 


vous êtes Jean-Pierre Moreau, ai-je raison?you're Jean-Pierre Moreau, am I right?

DSTFrench version of FBI


Author's Note:

 

The next update!

More Kyuhyun and Geunhae on the next chap!

Readers, please give some love to her.