Hallucinating

The 20th

Previously on The 20th.

Kyuhyun agreed on a contract marriage so he can use Seohyun and gave a perfect revenge to her father.

Geunhae was assigned to drag Kyuhyun into the case as the source for investigation.

Seohyun and Geunhae met, but the relationship is not good as expected.

 

 


"Yeoboseyo?"

"YAH TEUKIE OPPA!"

Leeteuk poked his head away from his cellphone. "Geunhae-ah, why are you screaming? Are you in danger?"

"No. I'm in torture" Geunhae replied emotionlessly. "Worst of all, Seohyun is going to marry him. Well, on a contract but she's still going to get married and -"


"Wait, what?" Leeteuk was surprised. "Seohyun? As in Seo Joohyun?"

"Yes, Seohyun, our cousin" Geunhae replied. "She came back from France and Uncle Younghan set up a marriage contract for her and Kyuhyun"

"What a coincidence" Leeteuk said after he paused for a minute.

"There's no such things as coincidence" Geunhae sighed. "Its just Uncle Younghan's way to merge the two companies"

"Ah, like the one in Boys Before Flowers?" Leeteuk asked.

"Yeah, whatever the drama is" she said. "But this is weird. Last time she went to France was to study business and planning to stay there for good"

"Maybe she finished her studies" He said. "Its been five years since she went to France"

"Maybe she really hate me that much" she replied. "And because of the marriage, she had to come back"

"She doesn't hate us, Geunhae" Leeteuk looked annoyed. "How many times did I tell you that Seohyun doesn't hate her cousins?"

"I'm hanging up now" he continued. "I have to call Uncle Younghan for confirmations and to get everything straight"

The call was ended before Geunhae continuing her words. She sighed as she threw her phone and murmured.

"Why no one believed me..."


 

Kyuhyun was tired today. He found out that the prosecutor was more than that. She's loud and allergic to snobs. Perhaps she mistaken him as a corruptor.

She then got a call from an unknown number.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Is this Cho Kyuhyun's number?"

"Yes, and who is this?"

"Donghae. Lee Donghae"

"Donghae hyung?" Kyuhyun was surprised. "Oh God, its been a long time! Where have you been?"

"Its a long story" Donghae replied. "I'm sure that its worse than you who's on top now"

"Hyung, what happened?" Kyuhyun asked. But Donghae refused to answer.

"I'll call you later, arraso?" He said. Before he can answer, Donghae already hung up.

Kyuhyun marched to his computer to check his recent phone records. Donghae's number was a total unknown number. Then he checked the location. It was on a telephone box on Seoul's suburbs. He started to worry about Donghae.

He then tried to find his whereabouts, starting from his activities these years. He was in jail for five years, twelve years ago, then he became a pattissier before he went into the Black Ops for two years. Now that he's out, Kyuhyun is longing for him to be on his side and so he can get more advantage to get closer to his targets. Since the organization is untraceable, he's lucky to got him.

What happened to Donghae?

Whatever happened to him, it was mentally hard for him.

He then texted Jongin.

"Lee Donghae was a pattissier in Panda Cafe. Check that place to find his whereabouts. Tell me when you found him"

Of course, when he remembered Donghae, he also remembered Jiae.

So then he wrote on the couple diary like he always do.

D-5788

I decided to approach to a woman after fifteen years of missing you. But I still love you. Her name was Seohyun. I was signing a marriage contract. I want to marry her, but it was more than that. It wasn't love that made me.

The legacy. The legacy that my foster parents left me. They triggered me to take it. Its not that I'm greedy, but they just can't take it like that. Seo Younghan was lucky that they helped him from his bankruptcy. But he was too greedy.

In the end, I'll make him end up in jail. He should be punished for being too greedy. Especially over my foster parents. I have to pay them back. I have to prove them wrong.

I don't love Seohyun, baby.

I only love you.

Kyu loves sunshine and sunshine loves kyu.

Love,

Kyu

 


 

For fifteen years, Kyuhyun had been traumatized for all that happened on the first half of his life. He was never lucky, that was what he thought. His step father, the previous CEO, was hunting all the people he loved. But one that he never touched for a murder was Han Jiae. She was his biggest regret, his biggest mistake. 

Kyuhyun walked to his house's attic. From the stairs in his house, Kyuhyun walked into the door under the stairs. Inside it, it was a long  stair, down to the basement. To get to the attic, he had to walk down the stairs, going under the floor and at the end of the hallway, there's another stairs to go up. The stairs was hidden behind the walls, but he can hear what happened from the stairs. He walked up to the attic.

No one has ever been to the attic, none other than himself. He walked to a desk, opened the drawer, and found the couple diary that he wrote. He smiled, remembering those days when he felt happy. Those days when he was with Jiae.

He then walked to the cupboard. He opened it and found pictures. It was all hanged on a piece of paper, with strings, connecting to push-pins that hanged the pictures. It was the picture of the targets. He looked to the picture or Minister Choi and read the caption below the picture.

Minister Choi, the developer of neighborhood. Planning to take House Number 20.

He smiled as he closed the door. But he heard a voice.

"Aren't you suppose to sleep, Kyu?"

He knew that voice. He really missed that voice. He thought he would never hear it again.

"I'm not tired yet, Jiae" Kyuhyun smirked, answering the voice. He turned and he saw Han Jiae was standing there, looked very real because of the night, but slightly visible because of the light bulb above them.

"Why did you do that?" Jiae asked. "You're tired, Kyuhyun. Just sleep. Don't kill people"

"I'm tired, I really do" he said. "I'm tired, so tired that I wanted to die. I wanted them to die, because they deserve it"

"You're just like them if you pay back" she said.

"Don't tell me that I am the same like those people inside my cupboard!" Kyuhyun shouted. "Don't you know how desperate I am? Don't you know that those devils are everywhere, doing those sugar-coated sins? I'm sick of them, Jiae!"

"Killing won't do anything" she said. "This isn't you, Kyuhyun"

"This is what I am" Kyuhyun grunted. "I lost a lot of people. You don't know how it feels, because you're the one I lost"

"You didn't lose me" she shook her head. "I'm still yours when I died, even after I died"

"Why are you saying lies, Jiae?" he cried. "Why you loved me, when you attempted to die and leaving me?"

"Kyuhyun, I..."

"Why did you jump from the bridge and died?" Kyuhyun shouted. "You still have a chance to live, Han Jiae!"

"I do" Jiae smiled. "I'm waiting for the time. We'll meet soon, when you're changed"

"How can I ever change?" he asked. "How can I ever change, when you're not here by my side? You're dead, Jiae. You're not here. And you won't come back"

"You're wrong" she said. "You're wrong, Cho Kyuhyun. Someone's going to prove you're wrong"

"Me? Wrong?" Kyuhyun was taken aback. "I told you, Jiae. I'll prove them wrong"

"Don't you think that you're actually wrong?" Jiae asked. "You're wrong about me. You're wrong about your targets. You're wrong about EVERYTHING!"

"What can be wrong from you?" Kyuhyun asked back. "You're the one I loved, but you decided to die and leave me"

"No" Jiae denied. "I'm out there, waiting for you. I'm out there, somewhere else, waiting for you to come"

"You're lying" Kyuhyun didn't believe. But Jiae smiled.

"Wake up, Kyuhyun" she said. "I'm out there. Wake up, and find me..."

And everything went black.

 


 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes, and he's still in the same place. The attic. He looked around, but there's no sign of Han Jiae. He sighed as he walked to the mirror. 

I'm hallucinating, he thought.

But then, he looked again to the mirror. The mirror that had a crack, caused to the bullet. The bullet that came from his gun. Kyuhyun's mind flew to when that time he shot that bullet.

President Cho was adjusting his tie in front of the mirror. He needed to come to the court this morning, and he needs to get ready. Kyuhyun, who's just 25 years old, came in and stopped behind his father, made him look to the mirror and found his presence. His son couldn't take it anymore. Kyuhyun was sick of this man. The man who married his mother and gave a lot of desperation. The man who tried to separate the light from him.

"Why are you doing this?" Kyuhyun asked. "What made you like this, Junghwan?"

"You don't understand" Junghwan said. "I have to prove them wrong. I have to prove that they are wrong"

"You're nothing but the same" Kyuhyun raised his voice. "You're just as wrong as they are. You're reckless, making a hole, but you're falling into your own hole"

"I won't, son-"

"I'M NOT YOUR SON!" Kyuhyun shouted. "Don't call me son. What kind of father that leaving scars to his son? What kind of father that will get dirty for revenge? What kind of father you are?"

Junghwan turned and pointed a gun to him, but he grabbed the gun. "You wouldn't dare" Kyuhyun smiled. "You wouldn't dare killing my mother's gift"

"I was wrong" he said. "Of all people, I can't kill you"

"But I want you to know something" Junghwan continued. Kyuhyun struggled and pulled the trigger, but the bullet went to the mirror, stuck in it. Junghwan held his hand tighter, pointed the gun to him.

"What are you doing?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Know this, Kyuhyun" he smiled. "You're tired, aren't you? If you feel right, then go and prove everything. Prove to the world that you're desperate! Kill the wrong ones! You'll feel satisfied, because the people who made you desperate, they deserve it"

Junghwan then shot Kyuhyun on his stomach. "You bastard" Kyuhyun said before he struggled and moved his hand, pointing the gun to Junghwan's temples. "That's right, Kyuhyun" he smiled. "You just made a good start. You just started to be like me"

"I'm not the same as you are!" Kyuhyun grunted before he shot Junghwan's head. Junghwan was dead, lying there lifeless, with the gun on his head.  

 

Until now, his words still hanging on Kyuhyun's head. He punched the mirror, made the mirror broke. He smiled and took the bullet, ignoring the pain. One thing he still grateful of, is that no one assumed that he killed his father.

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the lame update _-_

Its been lame after the flashback, isn't it?

as usual, subscribe, comment and upvote!