Wedding Day

Good Bye My Love

 

[Nobody's POV]

Leeteuk paced back and forth in the living room of the dorm as he was the only one completely ready to go. He was experiencing quite a bit of anxiety if he had to be entirely honest.

"Come on, everyone, it's time to go already. Hurry, or we'll be late!" He called loudly after he figured he'd waited long enough.

Within a few minutes, the living room was being filled from all sides with the members of Super Junior, each looking particularly spectacular in their well-pressed suits and ties, and all as ready for Donghae's wedding as they'll ever be.

All except Hyukjae, of course. Knowing that everyone was busy making themselves look completely presentable for a certain occasion, bustling around in order to leave in time and get there at exactly the right moment, simply reminded him that today was Donghae's wedding . . . A day that was simply no longer meant for him.  

And apparently, some of the members thought exactly the same thing.

"Why in the hell do we have to go to this damn wedding, anyway?" Shindong voiced bitterly, groaning as he busied himself in fixing his tie.

Sungmin huffed, "I agree! I don't want to go either." He stomped around with a frown and added in a highly pissed off demeanor, "I want to stay here where I can give moral support to the person this stupid wedding is actually hurting." 

"Come on, Min, you know we have to go for Donghae no matter what. You can't deny that we all love him, even if he is an ." Kyuhyun put in with a slight frown on his face.

Sungmin gave him a pissed, "I don't care, Kyu! Right now, I hate Donghae for what he's done to my Hyukkie."

"YOUR, Hyukkie?!" Sungmin rolled his eyes after he was glared at and reached up to smack his boyfriend in the back of the head.

"Kyu, you know what the hell I mean. Hyukjae is my best firend and I'm just pissed about this whole wedding thing. It's just hurting him, and. . ." he trailed off, his face filling with worry, "and I'm afraid he'll try to harm himself again, being alone after all this. You know?"

All around the room travels a soft, "Ohhh," as they all understand the point that Sungmin was making. They realize that they hadn't even thought of it that way.

Kangin sighs and nods his head slowly, "Okay, Min. We get it. You can stay here with Hyuk, but make sure to keep a very good eye on him. Don't even let him go to the bathroom alone, you got that?"

Sungmin smiled in appreciation at his hyung, "Thanks, Kangin hyung. And don't worry, I'll be watching him like a hawk . . . but I kind of think you need to think fast now and duck." Sungmin finished with an amused grin that had Kangin's eyebrows quirking oddly, but nevertheless, ducking saved his head from being knocked off with a huge and obviously heavy couch pillow.

"Kangin! Who told you that you could make a decision like that? Didn't anyone tell you that I'm the umma in this house? I CALL THE SHOTS, MAN!" Leeteuk shouted as he watched Kangin struggle to his feet. He then received a very goofy grin from his boyfriend that made his cheeks heat up.

He cleared his throat, "B-But I guess you're right. Sungmin, please take care of him." He made a face at Sungmin's teasing smile and turned his body to address the other members, trying to mask the embarrassment on his face, "Now everyone, stop moping and make sure you're completely ready now. We only have 9 hours left and the ride take up 5 of them. So get a move on people. MOVE IT!"

There were then bodies running everywhere, claiming that they forgot this and that, making sure they smelled peachy and were squeaky clean, touching up hair, and even bits and pieces of make up. It was total chaos downstairs and in the hallways. Whereas, the only place that hadn't been disturbed once was one room.

The only one that had absolutely nothing to do but sit miserably on his bed and wait was Hyukjae.

 

[Hyukjae's POV]

I felt terrible, because I could hear everything.

I was listening to all of what they were saying, about me, about Donghae, and about his life that had no room for me in it anymore. Everything was hurting inside of me because I felt like I had nowhere to go, nowhere to move forward to - while Donghae was steadily getting farther away.

He was going through with his own wedding, and just that . . . Just thinking the word makes my heart clench in pain, tears threatening to fall.

I push them away, though, determined not to let myself shed another tear over this. It's been 3 weeks since I found out about it and went all complete bat for a couple minutes too long, and I don't need to feel like that anymore.

I don't need to lose myself anymore.

Downstairs, the members talked about how I'd probably do myself harm if I'm left alone. They're worried about me, thinking that I tried to kill myself that day. That, I let them believe, because it wasn't as if I wasn't having negative thoughts at that moment; but even more because I was afraid to let them know the truth. If they knew the truth, I'd probably be locked up somewhere, being shot up with medicine to keep me 'loose and happy'.

I couldn't let them know I was seeing Hae. That it was Hae who made me go into that street. That it was Hae who I almost got hit by a car for. And that it has been Hae who I've seen almost daily since after the accident.

My own members would think I've gone totally crazy as much I myself do.

I fought the urge to head downstairs and reassure them, tell them that I was okay, and that Sungmin could go to the . . . it . . . if he wanted to. But I realized that I couldn't, even if I wanted to.

I knew I wouldn't be able to take those pitying looks they'd surely have on their faces when they saw me. I hadn't eaten, and I knew I was really an unheathly shade of pale thanks to that damn mirror in the bathroom that kept reminding me at every chance it got. So here I stayed, my knees pulled up into my chest, my arms wrapped around my legs, and my forehead pressed flat against my knees.

In this position, I feel like I stayed stuck like that for hours.

After so much time had passed, I heard a light knock on my door - a knock that went unacknowledged. The door then opened slowly and feet padded softly across the floor. Before I knew it, there was a weight at my side, pressing down on the bed.

"Come on Hyuk," a soft voice I knew well spoke, "get up. Everyone's gone now." I feel careful hands slowly the hair on my head.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the sensation and allowing the hands to do their work. Other than this, I showed no physical reaction. The reaction I had mentally and emotionally was enough already.

Oh, they're gone . . . I thought, I'm happy no one came to say goodbye. . .

I thought bitter thoughts, but I couldn't allow my mouth to speak these words. I had been struggling this entire time already. I just didn't want to cry.

"Hyuk," Sungmin called for my attention, "look at me. We need to leave, like, right now." My ears perked, but my head stayed put.

"Huh? To where?" I asked, my voice barely audible.

"To Donghae. You have to go and stop this wedding, Hyuk." My head immediately popped up and his hand flew away from my head like he'd been shocked. I looked at him wide eyed, while my mouth still refused to work. Instead, I gaped like a dead fish while Sungmin continued, "I know you love Donghae with all your heart. You love him so much it physically hurts . . . and something's tell me that he still loves you too. As much as you love him, even. So I want you to stop sulking, get up, and let's go."

Minnie's voice is soft and comforting, but it is firm. I'm happy he's here with me, in the time where I need someone with me the most. But I sort of can't get passed what the hell he just said.

Does he really want me to go to that wedding?

"But, Minnie. I was told to stay away from Hae. If I go, I won't be welcome at all!" I exclaimed, shaking my head, "Also, I don't know if I even want to see how happy he is without me. I don't want to see him with her! I mean, what if he really doesn't love me anymore?"

I was agonizing. I didn't want this to be true, no matter how much time had passed between us. I still wanted him to always have love for me.

Always.

"Hyuk, a love like yours and Donghae's is undeniably the strongest love. Before you say anything, yes, I have Kyu and I'm very happy with what I have, but there's still something else that you two share that truly goes beyond love. It's like . . . I don't know, you two are soul mates or something." He shrugged.

Although I wanted it to be true, and as much as I wanted to believe, I wasn't so sure.

"But, Minnie-" I started to protest, but was instantly cut off.

"Don't you 'Minnie' me. Get your up and shower. Put on your nicest suit- your nicest suit- and I'll do your hair and makeup afterwards. Got it?"

I blinked twice, nodded once.

"Good, NOW GET MOVING!" Sungmin's strong arms are suddenly wrapped around me and I'm being pulled out of bed. He pushed me hurriedly towards the bathroom, screaming how we don't have much time, and disappeared as I closed the bathroom door.

I do what Sungmin wanted me to do as quickly as I could, brushing my teeth in the process. Afterwards, I rush into my room and find the nicest thing in my closet - a crisp white tux with a sapphire blue handerchief and tie, matching socks, and polished, white dress shoes. I put these on, making sure not to get even a piece dirty, and head out of the room in search of Sungmin.

"Minnie, I'm ready." I say once I find him, and he wastes no time in doing my hair and makeup. He finishes quickly, but does a thorough job, and we're out of the dorm quickly.

Once inside of his car, neither of us spoke a word. Apprehension and anxiety hung around us like a thick net, but after a good hour, I felt the need to speak something that had been bugging me ever since we left.

"Minnie, I . . . I really don't know if I can do this. I mean, he was . . . he is my best friend, and I don't think I would feel right messing with his happiness. . ."

Sungmin sighed, "But, Hyuk. I personally think that his happiness had already been messed with the moment his parents took him away from you. And, give it a chance. If you don't stop this ridiculous wedding, or even make the effort to, you'll spend the rest of your life being troubled with 'what ifs'."

I don't answer him back, because I knew he was right. I'm already running around with 'what ifs' jumbled around in my head.

I can't help but wonder, what if Hae really wanted me to ask for him to leave Jessica? What if he's not really happy? What if he actually does still love me, and Minnie's right? That he needs me to end his misery? That I have a chance?

But then, the negative 'what ifs' kick the positive ones to the curb before I can get my hopes up.

I can't help but wonder, what if Hae really did fall in love with her? What if he's happy and doesn't want to see me? What if he says that he's no longer in love with me and asks me to leave? Tells me that he never wants to see me again? That I've ruined his happiness?

. . . How will I be able to handle something like that? I'd probably really try to kill myself, hearing such hateful words come out of his mouth.

"-uk. Yah . . . Yah, Hyuk!" My head snapped to my left and I looked at Sungmin staring at me with a slight pout on his face. Oh, God. I spaced out again.

"Yes, Minnie?" I asked, sheepishly.

"We're here. Let's go." He said simply, taking his keys out of the ignition which was already turned off and opening the car door, but remaining seated, apparently waiting for me.

I turned back to the window with wide eyes before I tried to even open the door. I realized that Minnie was right, and that we were parked, several cars taking spaces in front of us, in front of a huge church building.

I had been thinking of Hae so long that we had already arrived at the wedding that was 5 hours away. But 5 hours did nothing to calm my nerves.

I looked out of the car window even longer and frowned, "Minnie, I'm so scared. What if Hae's father is at the door?" I asked, voicing yet another 'what if' as a concern of mine.

Instead of hearing an answer, I feel a hand softly rubbing at my back. I turn to meet apologetic eyes - pity. But there may be hope nestled there as well.

With that, I make a decision.

"Minnie, I'll wait in the car until you text me if the coast is clear, and I can come in. Just make sure that Hae's father and mother aren't around and that Hae won't see me, okay? Other than that, I'm not moving from this spot."

Sungmin gave me a soft smile, "Alright, Hyukkie. I love you, and don't worry so much . . . At least you'll find out if he still loves you." He opened the car door, but before he stepped out, he turned back to face me, "Hyukjae, fighting!" he shouted, pumping his fist in the air. With that, Sungmin exited the car and made to enter the huge church, leaving me waiting anxiously in the car.

After about 10 minutes, I guess Minnie checked thoroughly, I received a text message.

~

To: Monkey

The coast is clear. You can come in, now. I don't see Mr. or Mrs. Lee anywhere, and Donghae must still be getting ready. After, we still have around 48 minutes before the wedding officially starts. So, hurry up!

From: Bunny

~

I exhaled breath I hadn't known I was holding. I was suddenly extremely nervous and worried now, but I still managed to text back.

~

To: Kung Fu Panda-hyung

Okay, I'm coming in as soon as this lady gets inside. It looks like she's in a hurry, so she should be in soon! She needs to hurry before I lose my nerve!

From: Jewel Prince

~

With my hand nearly shaking from anxiety, I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and closed my eyes tight, working up courage and willing my nerves to relax. I start chanting over and over again that there was nothing to be afraid of.

There's nothing to be afraid of.

I just had to go in, sit all the way, way way way, in the way back, and when the priest asks if anyone objects, I'll stand up and shout loud and proud, "I OBJECT!", potentially ruining a perfect wedding and drawing all attention to me, Lee Hyukjae of Super Junior.

Yeah, there's nothing to be afraid of . . . Well, here goes nothing.

I open the car door quickly before I could back down like a coward, scan the parking lot, and run to the church in a stealthy fashion. Once I reach the door, I take a very deep breath, put my hand on the handle, and before I go in, I tell myself again, 'You can do this. Hyukjae, fighting!' mentally pumping my fist into the air.

I then open the door.

Luckily, the door opens quietly and I'm able to slip inside unnoticed like a ninja, and I immediately find a seat with my roaming eyes - right next to the door. This is perfect; if I need to make a hasty get away, I'm only a step away.

I inhale deeply one last time before I begin to make my way over to that precious little seat . . . but before I could even get close, ironically, I felt a tight grip on my left wrist and I'm being pulled away with a hard jerk.

I wanted to cry out in pain, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself, because it seems I've already been caught. I didn't want everyone to see my like this, and plus, I didn't want to be hurt by the person that owned such a grip. I let myself be dragged blindly.

After about a minute of being tugged and pulled, I was pushed into a bright room, hearing an audible click behind me. I then knew that the door had been locked.

I wanted to cry so badly when my eyes met those of a deep, dark brown, peering into my soul as if they wished to kill me slowly from the inside.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone sorry for taking so long to update. I really didn't forget about you guys. :)

I hope you enjoy this chapter and give me nice feed back. =D

So please comment, subscribe and upvote.

Thank you to all my 66 subscibers that haven't given up on me and thanks for the 4 upvotes.

Thanks again :)