Ripped Apart

Good Bye My Love

 

 

[Hyukjae's POV]

Siwon stood up so suddenly that the seat he was in tipped precariously behind him, daring to be knocked over. His hands slapped loudly on the long table before him as he stood up and his eyes glared angrily into mine.

“Think about what you’re saying, Hyukjae! This doesn’’t only affect you and your love life. What you’re deciding will be affecting all of us. We are Super. Junior! DON’T BE SO ING SELFISH!!” My eyes went wide. Siwon never cursed. Ever . . . I feel guilty, affecting people this way.

I begin to question my motive. Am I really being selfish? Am I doing the wrong thing and going about this the wrong way? I sigh as I stare back at Siwon for a time without speaking.

They’re really going to hate me. My members, they’re like my family. . . I will be disowned.

“Siwon. . .” What do I even begin to say? “Siwon, I know where you’re coming from. I’ve already thought so much about this, to the point where I’d give myself migraines and feel like crying from the pain . . . But please, underst--”

“YOU’RE SUCH A SELFISH BASTARD!” Siwon didn’t let me finish.

I started feeling a rush of emotions all over again, and as I sat stiffly in my seat beside him, I began to tremble with my efforts to control the new tears that threatened to fall. I nod my head slowly and take in a deep breath,

“I know. . .” I whisper and trail off. I feel so bad. But I’m doing this for me, and I’m doing this for Donghae. This is for us . . . No time to regret.

“Well, then, IF YOU KNOW--”

“Shut up, Siwon, he doesn’t deserve to listen to your loud mouth! DO NOT YELL AT MY HYUKKIE LIKE THAT!” My head shoots up upon hearing that voice and I see Siwon’s own head swivel around to meet the angered eyes of my Donghae.

“NO, YOU DON’T GET IT, DONGHAE! YOU GUYS--”

Again, he was cut off. “ENOUGH!!” But this time, it was by our very own Teukkie hyung, who definitely looked angrier than ever. “SIT DOWN, SIWON. AND BOTH OF YOU, SHUT UP!” He closed his eyes tightly and rubbed slow circles against his temple with one hand. He sighed loudly, calming himself down.

He then turned to face Lee Soo Man who, this entire time, remained respectfully quiet to my surprise, letting us handle our own affair for the time being. “Seongsaeng-nim, I apologize for the way the members, and even I, have been acting.” Soo Man simply nodded and Leeteuk hyung ce more to face us members.

He sighed again, looking as though he needed a very long rest, “Siwon,” he addressed, “you’re going to have to understand the very clear fact that it’s not, and never will be, easy for Eunhyuk and Donghae to deal with this. So, you have to be patient . . . Neh?” he added when Siwon said nothing.

The latter bobbed his head once as he looked down at his feet from beside me. He must be feeling ashamed.

I currently understand that feeling.

Teukkie hyung’s eyes then slid over to my body which was slumped into my seat. “And Hyukjae . . . Please, rethink your choice of words earlier. Like Siwon had accurately pointed out before, this affects all of us. . .” He trailed off while I stared at a small spot that was stuck on the table before me. Surprisingly, he continued,

“Yes, you’ll be hurting all of us if your decision remains this way. But more importantly, you’re hurting yourself and Hae. . .” And he was so damn right about that. I couldn’t be hurting more right now.

I feel sick. How could I ever want to leave Super Junior? It’s quite literally my second home. I’ll miss my members to death, I’ll crave the late night talks we ended up having from time to time, I’ll worry over their safety and well-being, I’ll long to be by their side again.

I’ll most likely wish in coming time that I’d never even left. . .

But, right now, I know for certain that, if I stay, I’ll more than anything miss the happiness that came with being alongside my Donghae every day, and hurt not being able to touch him (most of the time) as I please. I’ll miss sharing a dorm room with him, and hurt seeing him share with someone else. I’ll miss being close to him, and hurt knowing I’m within reach of him.

These things, I’ll miss them anyway without being in the group as a member . . . But at least I won’t feel the pain that comes with it.

If I get out of Super Junior, I can be with Donghae freely. It’ll be just us, no scandals, no rules, nor any judgmental questions. Just the two of us; no matter what. I can finally love my Donghae the way he deserves to be loved.

Slowly, I tuned myself out of my thoughts and back into the present. I glanced across from me at Donghae and almost cried as I saw his broken face. It was so similar to mine, it was scary, and quite sad that we both knew the reality of the consequences of our actions. We looked so helpless.

And that’s when I figured that, I couldn’t be in here any longer. I couldn’t take the smothering silence that took over once again, or the sad faces that were caused by me. I couldn’t take the immense guiltiness radiating off of Hae’s saddened figure and it bouncing off and engulfing me as well.

I couldn’t take it, and I needed to get out. I needed to breathe again.

So, I stood, slowly, tentatively. Everyone’s eyes were on me as I twitched the sides of my mouth in an attempt to smile and bowed deeply to everyone in the room. I then my heel and began my retreat to the door, making sure not to make eye contact with Donghae or else I might just crumble up into a ball and bawl my eyes out on the stone cold floor.

I kept walking and I didn’t dare glance back. But, when I reached the door, I felt a familiar hand slide into  mine, and a teary Donghae appeared suddenly on my left side. His eyes were big as he looked very slightly upwards at me.

He bit his lip, hard before asking me, “You were really just going to leave me?” My heart dropped 30 meters past my feet and my eyes watered instantly. I felt like a terrible person.

“H-Hae. . . I . . .”  I heaved desperately, but stopped my words when Donghae suddenly smiled at me, reassuringly.

“Baby, I love you, and I could never let you walk out of here alone. And don’t try to say anything else, I already understand.” He leaned over and kissed my lips through the smile that was quickly forming on my lips.

I instantly felt so thankful to have someone as great as this human being in my life. I dropped two fresh tears as he wiped first mine away, and then his own. He tightened his grip on my hand, turned back to the members and Lee Soo Man in the meeting hall, and spoke simply, “Until next time,” before opening the huge oak doors and pulling me through with him to face the world on the other side.

The smile on my face couldn’t get any bigger as Donghae led me quickly through the many hallways of the SM building until we stood in the main hall. He turned to face me and pulled me into him in one fluid motion, our lips connecting in the most passionate of ways.

The kiss was everything I dreamed it would be in a moment like this. It was desperate, declaring our love for each other; it was sad and etched with just a hint of anger, it was a daring kiss, no longer afraid of getting caught in the moment; it was filled with relief; and of course it was passionate, almost literally overflowing with our strong emotions of love. We craved one another’s embrace, our touches, and we wanted to feel just how much love was being held for the other.

This kiss was everything I felt at the moment. I need Donghae forever in my life.

After almost suffocating ourselves, we parted for air and stared deeply into each other’s eyes, not saying a word—letting our eyes do the talking for us. But, finally, I felt I needed to clarify something since I felt it was important.

“Hae?” He chuckled at the inquisitiveness of which I spoke his name. He cocked his eyebrow at me, asking me to continue.

“You walked out of that meeting with me. . . Does that mean . . .?”

He smiled and nodded at me, “I quit. I can’t be without you, not even for two minutes. You mean everything to me, and starting from today, I promise that we’ll always be together. We’ll start a new life, and be together forever, Hyukkie.”

I don’t know if I should’ve been sad that he quit because of me, or be relieved that he did. . . All I know is that my heart overflowed with happiness at his words, with me in his arms and him in mine. That’s all I needed out of life to be full.

This time, I pulled him in for a kiss. It lingered, and I enjoyed the feel of his lips moving slowly against mine, the feeling I got in the pit of my stomach as his hands roamed all around my waist, pulling me closer to him with every second.

After a short amount of time, he pulled back away from me and was about to speak to me through the smile that adorned his features, but instead gasped lowly and let his eyes go wide. The hands he held on my hips tightened their hold exponentially. He looked frightened and a little panicked, and it was so sudden I didn’t really know how to react.

I stared into his widened eyes, “Hae . . . Baby, what’s wrong? What’s the matter?” He was starting to scare me since, although I spoke, he eyes never flickered to look at me. Instead, they were trained quite heavily on something behind me.

I narrowed my eyes, wondering what it could be when he whispered slowly, “Hyukkie, my father’s here. . . And he didn’t know I was gay. . .”

I gasped and turned my entire body quickly to witness the highly pissed off face of Donghae’s father. He was marching quickly, eyes dead-locking with mine the entire time since I turned.

Hell, I wish I’d never turned.

Suddenly, Donghae’s arms wrapped protectively around my waist, back-hugging me now, his eyes now trained to the other figure that was now entering the building, looking just as furious as the first.

“Oh , my mother too. She didn’t know either, Hyukkie . . . I’m sorry. I just never felt the need to tell them, since I’d know they’d hate it. . . They’d hate me.”

My hands went to my stomach, where Hae had his fingers clasped together tightly, and interlocked our fingers together with both hands. I nodded my head slowly and whispered back to him, “It’s okay.”

I knew how it was for him. I understood that my parents are just that much more understanding and supportive of such things like this than his were. . .

I was just afraid of the outcome of such a sudden meeting at a time like this. Their timing could be nothing but worse.

Much sooner than I ever wished, they reached us and immediately put their angered mouths to work.

“Donghae, get your arms from around that boy.” Donghae’s father ordered in a stern voice. I instantly felt his grip around my waist tighten, doing exactly the opposite.

“No, Dad. I won’t.” He replies, his voice hard.

I didn’t want him to be in such trouble because of me. I didn’t want his parents to disown him. It’s not worth losing your family over. I’m not worth it. So I turn my head to be face to face with him.

“Hae . . .” I whisper, “Don’t do this to yourself. Let go.” Finally, he looks at me, his eyes firm and determined.

“Shush, baby . . . I will never let you go.” He then plants a soft kiss on the side of my head before returning his father’s hard gaze.

How did I know he was going to say something like that? He never thinks of himself. He always thinks of me. . .

“Lee Donghae, you will listen to me. I am your father! Now get away from him!”

It remained eerily silent as Donghae didn’t answer. His father literally growled and quickly advanced on us to which Donghae instinctively moved me and himself away from the approaching man, turning our bodies to the side to keep most likely me out of harm’s way.

His father reaches out an angered hand and grasps Donghae’s wrist so tightly I think I felt his nail scratch through the fabric of my shirt and slightly pierce my skin. But it didn’t hurt. Not nearly as much as it did to hear Donghae yelp in pain as his father angrily tried to drag him away. It didn’t hurt as much as it did to feel the grip he’d held on my left him being loosened by his mother who’d suddenly come into play.

She was trying with all her might to peel his hand away, to which I could not comply. I held onto his hand with my own like a leech. This was not about to happen to me, no to us. We had just figured out what to do with our lives. There is no way she’s getting me to let go.

That is, until I felt Donghae being yanked so badly his shoulder popped and he yelled in pain once more. I didn’t want to be the cause of that pain. If he was okay, I was okay. I wasn’t okay with seeing him hurt—that was like a burn to my most vital organ. So, I let go and watched Donghae be snatched into his father’s embrace, his eyes wide as they looked at me, desperately asking why.

I immediately regretted it, looking at those sad eyes, and I reached out to him once again, feeling so dumb and so lonely. His warmth having left me and leaving me to stand out in the cold air alone.

“APPA!” Donghae cried, trying to reach me as well, but being pulled even further back. I felt tears prickle my eyes so terribly that they stung like needles . . . Donghae was being pulled away, and I watched him struggle like his life depended on it.

I took a step towards him, but made it no further as his mother suddenly rounded on me and slapped the out of me, causing me to stumble backwards a few feet and gently palm my own face. I knew it must be red now.

“Look!” She screamed and pointed behind her, “Look at what you’ve done to my baby!” I looked over her shoulder and saw him struggling even harder, now crying and yelling at both his father and mother.

My heart soared for him, I longed to reach out and be able to touch him. A tear slowly slid down my cheek as I continued looking, unable to rip my gaze away . . . until I was slapped yet again.

“He’s torn up because of you, you bastard! He’s CHANGED because of you!!”

“H-He’s ch-changed?” I asked in a small voice. What does she mean?

“YOU TURNED HIM TO BE LIKE YOU, YOU FILTHY FREAK! YOU TURNED HIM. . .” She’s crying now as her eyes widened in horror, having to say what she never wanted to admit, “GAY!!” She finished the last word and threw another angered palm at my face.

“UMMA, DON’T YOU DARE!” She froze her hand and spun on her heel. Donghae’s father looked almost completely worn out as Donghae struggled even more aggressively against his grip. “He didn’t turn me gay, Umma. I’ve always loved him, AND YOU KNEW IT, DIDN’T YOU? YOU JUST DIDN’T WANT TO ADMIT TO YOURSELF THAT YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE BABY WAS VERY ING GAY!”

My eyes widened at his words. I knew Donghae. I knew him up, down, left, right, and every which way there was possible. He had never once sworn at his parents since I met him. He treasured their love and acceptance. He would never disrespect them in any way. Especially his umma, there was complete love there.

Just now, he had changed just that much for me. . .

And I could see, that his mother was utterly shocked and definitely pissed; at me. She spun once more on her heel and I took a step back, closing my eyes in the process, bravely waiting for her to proceed and for her palm to connect once again with my cheek. I didn’t want to fight her. I couldn’t yell at her and protest. I’d take her hits, because she was Donghae’s mother. And she was angry . . . as far as she knew, I’d changed her precious little boy to be how he is today. Hell, maybe I did . . . So, I was going to let her hit me to her heart’s content, take out her anger on me.

My cheek seriously burned as I waited, and soon enough, a loud smack could be heard as my eyes remained closed . . . But, oddly, I didn’t feel anything. My eyes fluttered open to find Donghae’s broad back to me, his head cocked over to the side as he swayed slightly.

How did he even get here in time?

“H-Hae. . . Why’d you--” I started just to be cut off.

“S-Sweety, I-I’m sorry. . . I didn’t m-mean to--” She reached out to touch her son’s face, only to have it slapped away quite harshly.

“Don’t touch me.” Donghae growled menacingly. I shivered slightly at the tone of his voice and put my hands on his shoulders to try and calm him. But that was probably a mistake, he blew up. “HOW DARE YOU LAY YOUR SHRIVELED HANDS ON MY HYUKKIE?!” Both his mother and I jumped at his outburst.

“Lee Donghae, respect your mother, and me too!” His father yelled.

“RESPECT? HOW ING FUNNY! WHY DON’T YOU RESPECT ME ENOUGH TO BE WITH THE ONE I LOVE, HUH? I CAN’T RESPECT PEOPLE LIKE YOU!” He spat angrily.

“Donghae, cal--” I was cut off, AGAIN.

“I love you, Hyukkie. Don’t you ever forget that. . .” He whispered to me.

What? . . . Why did he suddenly say that?

“Of course, Hae. I lo--” But he was suddenly pulled away from me, twice in one day.

I wasn’t paying attention when his father suddenly approached us again. I’d been too focused on Hae. But, he must’ve known. He probably knew he couldn’t struggle against his father’s wishes for too much longer. There was no way he was capable of that.

But he struggled anyway. He reached out for me, and I him, but his father was too fast for the both of us . His hands went around Hae’s midsection and he began to haul him away, ushering his wife to follow this time.

“HAEE!” I screamed for him and began to run towards him. But someone caught me around the waist and gripped tight as I continued clawing at the air.

“NO APPA, DON’T DO THIS TO US, PLEASE!” Donghae was screaming as I began to fight to unclasp the hands that were around me.

Who was it? Why are they holding me back? What have I done to deserve this treatment?!

And Hae, my one and only Hae, he’s getting farther away from me. It’s getting harder to hear him. He’s so far out of my reach.

Why am I being held back?!

“DONGHAE!” I scream, my voice cracks as tears flow down my face. I can hardly see now, all I know is that he’s getting farther and farther away.

“DAD, PLEASE!” I hear him scream, “STOP THIS! . . . HYUKJAE!!”

I hear the automated glass doors of the front of the building slide open. I hear fingers stick to and slide against the glass of the doors, and I know he’s being pulled through.

“NOOO!” I scream, desperately trying to free myself from this person who’s holding me. “LET ME GO!” I fight hard and elbow the person in the ribs. He grunts but doesn’t release me. I cry harder as I hear the door shake, knowing that one of Donghae’s hands has been pulled away.

“PLEEEEASE!” Donghae screams. The other side of the door shakes.

Oh God, no . . .

“LET ME GO!” I shout again.

Who is holding me?!?! Hae’s getting further away! . . . Damn them . . .

“HYUKJAAAE!” His voice does the fading effect. He’s even further than I imagined.

I’m losing strength as I struggle until my legs shake and I can’t breathe properly any longer.

“Haee!” I squeak out. My voice is dry and my throat hurts. I need water. . . No, I need Donghae.

But this person . . . They won’t let me go. . .

“HYUKKIEE--” The rest of his screams are cut off; his dearest nickname for me left hanging in the stale air, and now I know he’s too far away from me now. He’s out of my reach. The door slides and clicks closed.

He’s gone. . .

Damn them . . .

I feel myself being lowered slowly to the floor as if I’m a delicate, broken little flower. I look up and meet the eyes of a big and burly man dressed in fine clothes, all black; the man that drives around our families if he’s so kindly asked.

He looks at me with eyes filled with so much pity and guilt. He hates what he was just paid to do. I could tell that he hated what he’d done from the bottom of his heart. But right now, I just hated him.

“I-I’m sorry. . .” He stutters and trots away at a quick pace.

“DAMN YOU!” I scream at his retreating figure before he reaches the door. I felt so weak and so betrayed. I felt lonely and so empty at this moment.

Damn him. . .

I cried long and hard on the cold, marble floor, hating the universe around me and loving just one person with my entire being and nothing less than my bleeding heart. I couldn’t get up if I tried, my suddenly weak legs wouldn’t allow it. My weak arms hardly even supported me right now.

Why? I thought helplessly to myself, Why does life have to be so cruel? Why did everything have to be this way? We were just set on getting ourselves back on track. Did life have it out for us?

I had so many more questions, but my mind was not functioning right. It was definitely hurting just as much as my heart was, and I could form no more coherent questions, even to myself. My mind went wandering in other directions, focusing on what I always had stuck on my mind; Donghae.

I realize that he always promised we’d be together forever, but his parents obviously didn’t see it that way. I knew how they were. They wouldn’t just take him away from me like they so viciously did just now, they would make sure to get him away from me, and keep him away from me.

Although I wished on everything that it wasn’t true, and how much I didn’t want to believe it at all . . . They’ll never let me see him again. They’ll make sure to see me suffer, laugh as I’m eaten alive by my own misery.

Gleam in happiness while I slowly die inside. . .

They’ve issued the perfect type of torture. They’ll be sure to get their laugh, because, just look at me now . . . I’m already dying.

I pull in a shuddering sigh and cry much harder than before, thinking ever more torturing thoughts,

Forget the end of Super Junior’s Eunhyuk and Donghae; the EunHae Couple . . .

This could really be the end of Donghae and Hyukjae; the real couple. . .

I punch the floor and grab the fabric that blankets my heart as I torture myself further with the last word,

Forever. . .

***********************************************************************************************************************************

 

You see, I know what you guys are thinking, "It's about ing time!! >:["   I'm right, right?

Well, I, the co-author, took so long (being lazy) correcting and adding on to the author's chapter that she'd written so long ago. So I APOLOGIZE and made sure that there was a nice long chapter for taking 11 days to update. Good, yeah?

Kekekeke xD

So, How'd you like it? Are you wondering: Where does the story go from here? What will Hyuk and Hae do to keep their love strong? And what will they each do with their own lives from now on? 

Lean back a couple minutes, put a finger to your bottom lip, and think about this for a few. :P

Anyways, thanks to the new subscribers and upvote! From bonna2604 and skorpione! So very appreciated!! xD <3  Please keep commenting, subscribing, and reading like is always asked(:

And, wait for our next update! Okay? :P  (I'LL TRY NOT TO TAKE TOO LONG TO EDIT)

Now I'm off to write up the next chapter in Cheated, the other story I (as the co-author) have been slacking on editing! Again, I APOLOGIZE to anyone here who has been reading it already. I'm just so lazy. (U.U)

P.S. Happy Belated EunHae Day! xD (Disregard the contents of the chapter, please. :P)