The Interview

Good Bye My Love

Thank you for your patience and for that I've decided to give you a treat. A....Long Update!..... YAYYY! ......  Uhh. . .  Am I the only one who's a bit happy.... ? Well, I hope you like it..... xP

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

FLASHBACK

[Nobody's POV]

 

 “What the hell is going on in there?! It sounds like they're having a war!" yelled Leeteuk over the racket.

"So, umm. . Should I go in there and break those two up?” Sungmin asked, putting his hand to the door knob. But before he could even properly grab the doorknob, the door was yanked open and out came a running and super scared Donghae.

"DUCK!" Leeteuk screamed as he saw flying objects following Donghae out of the room. He guessed he could describe this action as an instinct now. . .

The members had been contently doing nothing much as they were always doing when they were allowed any time to relax on one of their rare days off. Like on any other normal day, Kyuhyun was busy tapping his fingers away at a video game, and the other members were gathered around the television watching movies requested by Ryeowook, as it was his turn today.

But, as minutes passed by, and then finally an hour, the members were interrupted thumping noises, lots of words, and especially shouts. They didn't even have to contemplate who the sounds were coming from, for all they had to do was accuse the only two members who were obviously missing.

And now the group was here, in front of Donghae. . . . wondering just what the hell was going on. . . .

Donghae had looked like he was scared at first, but then as he stood perfectly still outside of the now closed door, facing forward and not looking directly at any of the members.

What's up with his face? Yesung thought to himself as he looked at Donghae's awkwardness. Donghae had this weird, twitchy, smile thing going on. It'd wormed itself on his face after he came out of the room, ducking everything the members had seen flying out and crashing into the wall.

"So, Uh. . .  What. . What went on in there, exactly?" Kyuhyun asked tentatively, kind of concerned about Donghae's still climbing smirk. That was usually his smirk, not his hyung's.

"Ohhhhhh. Nuthin' much~" Donghae sang with a bit of a smile. The members looked at him crazily, scared that he'd gone a bit wacky.

"Are you okay, Donghae?" Sungmin asked this time.

Donghae went to Sungmin and grabbed his shoulders, shaking them slightly before he said with a smile, "Never better."

 

After the crazy, name calling, object throwing, Hyukjae slapping fight, Donghae and Hyukjae pretty much avoided eachother at all costs.

Everytime they got even remotely close to one another, they stayed away as if the other were the plague or some other fatal disease.  And although they did this daily, they also managed to steal quick glances at the other every time they got a chance to when the other wasn't looking.

This agonizing process went on for the two weeks until the day of the interview. Sometimes, Donghae would try to make his Hyukkie, yes, HIS HYUKKIE, mad by hanging onto Siwon a little more than was need.

And, yes, Donghae got the confirmation he wanted and needed. Hyukjae got very jealous, but tried not to show it, to no avail.

Yes, Donghae thought, HE STILL LOVES ME!

END OF FLASHBACK

 

[Hyukjae POV]

 

The 2 weeks that the interview was scheduled under was finally here. The weeks seemed to have gone by so unbearably slowly, as I tried my absolute hardest to steer clear of my one true love. My heart ached as I cut my wound deeper and poured salt inside to keep myself away from him.

That stupid interview that I really was hoping and praying didn’t have to happen was really, truthfully here, and Donghae hasn’t tried to speak a word to me for the entire two weeks. I guess he was still furious with me, but. . .

When I looked at his eyes from afar, I could see the mixed emotions of love and pain etched deep inside of him. It literally took all of my willpower to stop me from running over to my fishy and hugging and kissing him all over, telling him that I have never stopped loving him, an that I never will. That I didn’t mean a word of all the I said to him.

Why did things have to come down to this?

I just wanted to go and bang my head up against the wall repeatedly instead of going to this interview.  It will be the death of me, I know it, I think while groaning dramatically.

 

We all meet in the kitchen early in the morning and start eating breakfast. Like always, Ryeowook does his thing and kindly makes us a big breakfast in hopes of energizing us for the interview. But I'm not in the mood for this type of food today. Just a simple bowl of Special K with Strawberries cereal will do.

I glanced around at the full table and quickly notice something that I'm sure everyone else noticed too. Everybody was eating to their fill and talking happily amongst eachother. Everybody besides Donghae and me, who stared down at our hands or simply looked away from everything.

After eating we all neatly get into the vans.

Donghae made a point in quickly changing direction and heading to the van where he was sure I wasn't going to be. He was immediately followed by Kyuhyun, Shindong, and Ryeowook, Yesung. Everyone else was with me.

Sooner than I wanted by about an entire lifetime, we are getting out of our cars and walking into the MNET Wide News Studio. As we arrive inside, we bow repeatedly as the respectful group we are, in greeting to the studio workers, broadcasters, MC, etc.

Afterwards, we finally take our seats.

As always, Teukkie Hyung takes his seat first, on the left side of the lineup but in the back on the high stool, ready to speak for us members. We carefully, but quickly file in after him, sitting in the seats we usually do. I slipped into my seat beside Ryowook who's the lone on my left side and peered from the corner of my eye to see who would be on my right.

I notice Donghae walk right past me and plump down into his seat, purposely avoiding me again. The next thing I new, my vision was blocked by someone who sat on my right side. . . . Siwon. . .  Figures. . .

I can't help but keep thinking that Donghae is sitting 3 seats away from me, only 3, but it felt like it was 33 instead. I’m so used to having my fishy sitting next to me, on my right side. We would stare and touch each other purely for fan service, until we forget about the fans and everything else around us and do it more for ourselves and our ual frustrations.

I helplessly glance down the row. Looking down at him makes me miss and love him even more. I know I see him every day but I don’t only miss him, I miss us. I need him, and I need there to be an us.

I turn my head away only to snap it back again when I see two beautiful brown eyes looking back at me out of the corner of my own. I can see he’s scared and he looks at me like he’s pleading for help. All I could do is have our usual eye conversation and let him know it all will be ok.

He gives me a small smile and a thank you look that literally melted my heart.

No matter how upset he is with me, he still looks to me for answers.

I missed that too.

 

[Everybody's PoV]

 

“We are Super Juni-oyeo!" Super Junior introduces themselves to the many fans looking at them through the full glass window that acted as a wall. There were so many fans apparently curious about that one special incident on stage.

Next, the tiny black microphone was passed around to each member who in turn individually introduced themselves with little strings of words and good wishes. Finally, the MC wanted to start the interview everyone was waiting for. She was just as eager as the entire fan base.

MC: "Annyeonghaseyo, Super Junior. We are very glad you can be with us today, and we thank you for coming." She continued when the boys nodded and smiled in reply, "We've asked you to come here today for an already well-known and concerning reason as you all know. As I've heard, it's already become a huge topic on today's top searches and comments on social networks." She paused again to catch her breath.

MC: "I can't say that I'm not curious myself and would very well like to know. . . what exactly happened. I can see clearly on the many videos and news reports that have been posted that your very own member, Eunhyuk-ssi, fainted during one of your songs in concert. . .

MC: "Eunhyuk-ssi, can you tell us about it?”

Hyukjae immediately came out of his little coma of thoughts to feel Yesung nudge him slightly with his knuckle, in his position beside Leeteuk, and whisper quietly, “Hyukjae, she’s talking to you.”

"Oh, I'm sorry. Re-ask the question?" He asks hesitantly, causing the members to chuckle nervously knowing that something's a bit wrong with HyukJae. The MC just went on quickly, talking over the chuckles.

MC: What happened to you at the concert?” she asked.

“I don’t know really,” Hyukjae says in hurried words. “I just felt like I had a headache and I got a little dizzy. And before I knew it, I was falling to the ground and felt myself too heavy to get back up.”

MC: "So, it had nothing to do with any trouble that'd been caused earlier like others had guessed?"

Hyukjae thought for a second, pondering 'problems'. There was the 'relationship between him and Donghae problem', but that was not going to be said. EVER. But he only thought for a quick moment before he said,

"Not that I remember, no. Like I said, I just. . . felt dizzy all of a sudden. We don't really have many problems."

The MC nodded her head slightly and was handed a thin stack of index cards by one of the crew members. She smiled a bit before shifting in her seat to get more comfortable.

MC: "So, now we're going to start asking questions that were prepared for us by your dear fans." She waved the stack of cards and picks the first one off the top. She reads it.

MC: "Can Eunhyuk-oppa tell us all why Donghae said the things he said?”

Automatically Hyukjae's mind went into minor panic mode. Oh , here it comes. . .  he thinks to himself.

“I. . really don’t know what he said, you know, as I was unconscious. . .” I say in a joking way. I notice that everyone considers this a moment before they nod and laugh -- well, besides Hae who was quickly asked the next question as the MC disregarded pulling another card and simply asked the next question herself.

MC: "Well, Donghae-ssi, can you repeat to us what you said to Eunhyuk-ssi as he lay unconscious?"

Donghae sighed a little, but then smiled for the camera in a painfully forced way before he said in a matter-of-fact way, "Well, I hardly remember absolutely everything I said that day in that moment, as I was severely panicked, but I do remember of course saying to Eunhyuk-ssi, 'I love you.' and 'Please don't leave me'. Things like that.

Hyukjae visibly twitched as Donghae said those words, wondering if he still meant them and also wondering what in the world will happen after he just admitted that he'd honestly spoken those words to him. He was so nervous. But when the MC went on to ask yet another fan-based question to Donghae, Hyukjae swallowed loudly, even more nervous.

MC: "Donghae-Oppa, can you tell us what you meant by saying ‘I love you’ to Eunhyuk-Oppa?”

Before answering the question, Donghae looked over at Hyukjae properly for the first time in those two weeks, excluding the brief moment before the interview began.

"I said exactly what I meant. . ." Hyukjae tensed visibly thinking, Oh oh , Oh !, and Donghae kept his eyes glued on him, "I love Eunhyuk-ssi. He is my very best friend." Donghae looked away as Hyukjae relaxed at his words. He also noticed that there was a hint of relief in his eyes, then he continued, "Of course I'm going to be scared and ask him not to leave us in this situation."

The MC stuck her chin upwards slightly at his and said,

MC: Ah, Donghae-ssi. You said ‘Hyukkie, please don’t leave ME’ not US. You also went on to say ‘I love you so much’ as was said on the television." She said with a smirk and ing sly as hell look on her face.

Sungmin fidgeted in his chair, trying his best not to directly glare at the on the left side of the chairs and then get up to slap the silly. She was setting Donghae, Hyukjae, and even the rest of us up to slip once and say something to really cause trouble! he thought angrily.

Luckily, he didn't have the chance to say anything though, as Teukkie Hyung broke in for Donghae, who had also been about to speak, thinking he had to own up to what he said, as what she'd accused was true.

"What Donghae's trying to say is. . .  He was scared for his best friend, ; so he may have said things that would seem or sound a little bit weird to others and cause some confusion. You see, they really do love eachother. They are like true brothers. . . we all are." Leetuek finished seriously, receiving nods of agreement from each member.

The MC removes the sly look from her face and says, still not referring back to the cards yet,

MC: "How do the other members feel about this?" to which the members are confused and reply with, "About what?"

MC: "Do you guys feel that Donghae-ssi's actions weren't personal? And also, how did each of you handle the situation as Hyukjae fainted onstage?"

Siwon narrowed his eyes at the woman sitting beside Leeteuk and Hyukjae and facing them. Is this woman serious? What does she think she's doing? he thought before answering in a voice he deemed as calm enough,

"I honestly couldn't take the sight of Eunhyuk-ssi lying there on the floor, unmoving and not breathing. I was scared to death. . ." He paused, looking the lady in the eye, "And as for your other question, I think Donghae-ssi's actions were sincere and heartfelt. I don't know if they were personal in the way you're thinking or not. However, I do know that they were his feelings and they came from the heart."

MC: "Ah, okay. So basically, you just said what I've been asking all along, Donghae meant that  he loved--"

"I personally freaked out when I saw Eunhyuk-ssi lying there on the floor. I didn't know what to do and it scared the living daylights out of me! If he wasn't here with us now, I'd be pretty lost. ." Kangin broke in, refusing to let her continue. She is pissing me. the. . Off!! I want to leave before something bad--

MC: "Sungmin-ssi. . Any thoughts?" She had noticed Sungmin looking especially agitated and figured that she could get something a bit juicy and maybe a little spicy out of him.

"Um. . . Well, I just want to say that Eunhyuk-ssi is one of my best friends, and I don't know what I'd do without him. When I saw him that day, I cried because I felt so hopeless and so incapable. And I'm pretty sure Donghae felt the exact same way I did. We don't want to lost our best friend."

Hearing these words, Hyukjae felt so incredibly touched he could have cried. He honestly didn't know that s thought so much of him. He loved them all with all his heart, and was glad that they felt the same. He smiled to himself, just until the MC spoke up again.

MC: "So, you're guessing. . . You're trying to tell me that Donghae meant what he said in that way? In terms of. . . best friendship?" she asked incredulously. She doubted that this account was true.

Kyuhyun could hardly believe his ears based on the way that y MC was addressing his Sunmin. He tilted his head back and groaned in agitation, pinching the bridge of his nose to try and calm himself. . . .  But he failed.

"Are you suggesting that Sungmin-ssi is lying? Do you disagree?" He narrowed his eyes at the woman and drummed his fingers along the edge of the stool he was sitting on.

MC: "Oh. .  Ah, no Kyuhyun-ssi. I . . . Just figured there was a little something more behind the story. But if there really is nothing, then I'm sure Donghae-ssi really did just mean those words in a friendly way.

Donghae tapped his foot to some crazy fast beat that no one could hear. He was feeling extremely agitated and he was getting a bit angry at this talk. He drummed his fingers on both hands loudly on the bottom of the chair he sat on as he gripped the edges.

I can't take this anymore, he thought, I just can't. This woman, this , she's wrong. I can't take it. . .

Suddenly, Donghae jumps up and makes his agitation known as he screams, “No!” and faces the woman.

I can’t contain the pain in my heart any longer.

“I said it because I meant it!” He then looks intently at Hyukjae who looks back at Donghae, so shocked and nervous. “I said everything because I do love Hyukjae. I have loved him since the first time I laid eyes on him. I do love him as a brother. Yes, I do.”

Donghae pauses as he takes his eyes off Hyukjae to glance at the MC who at first looked shocked to meet his gaze, but then her features slowly changed into one of a pleased, smug look. I knew it, she thought.  That , Donghae thought in return.

He shifted his gaze again to look at the man sitting a few chairs away from where he stood.

"But I love him more, as in REAL 'couple' love." Donghae takes a deep breath.

"I love you, Lee Hyukjae."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Well, hello there!

So, you see. .  This chapter is actually extra, super duper, ultra long, and I had to cut it in half! (AND IT'S STILL LONG!)

Sorry, my fingers had this random burst of energy and I just couldn't stop myself from writting too much.  D':

Well, anyways, I hope you liked it! And I hope you're oh so very CURIOUS about the next chapter!! So what do you think about Donghae's statement? What will Hyuk do?? What will Hyuk say?! What'll happen?!?!   :D

Okay, I'm sorry. I'm a little hyper. It's almost 1 in the morning over here. . . I think I need rest. (U.U)

I need to thank you, my readers, for subscribing, commenting, and continuing to read my story. I'm so grateful! (:

Please continue to do all of these things,  And have a great day!

Wait for me, I'll update soon! x]

 

P.S. HAS EVERYONE SEEN I WANNA DANCE?! I'm sure most of you have and If you haven't. . . . . . YOU'RE MISSING OUT! GET WITH THE PROGRAM! THESE BOYS ARE A MUST SEEE!

Thank you for your attention. . . . Good Night. xP