The Meeting

Good Bye My Love

[Donghae"s POV]

 

We were granted another day -- another day filled with fun, jokes, laughter, love, and an over-all calming and stress-free atmosphere. Another day to escape the reality of today, to run away from what was left to come. 

I knew that today, the day just yesterday we called 'tomorrow' would come, the day that seemed so far away in our times of newfound happiness. Every second of every minute of every hour that clicked away on the clocks surrounding the dorm echoed throughout my entire body and reverberated off my heart in the most painful of ways. Time seemed to tease me in every effort it could make, slowing down to the point of stand-still when I'd just wish the crushing seconds would tick by after having nothing on my mind other than what ugliness lie ahead, and then speeding past in a blurred frenzy when I was sincerely doing the best I could to enjoy every piece of time I had left with my Hyukkie.

But, is it me, or was the time that wound around the clock until it left my stomach twisted into knots, telling me that I don't have enough time in my life to hold on to what I find most precious? That I don't deserve that time to fulfill my happiness?

That, no matter how accurately Hyukkie and I played the role of the words 'stuck like glue', time will just continue to speed by until one of us is flung away from the other, spiraling into the distance because we couldn't hang on?

Whether we want to admit to it or not,

This meeting will be our reality. . .

**************************************

 

[Nobody's POV]

 

The members of Super Junior stood outside the large oak doors of the conference room, scared as all hell of opening the door that each knew held the man in the big leather chair who would answer the questions flowing around in their minds regarding the worries they had for their futures.

Finally plucking up the courage he knew he had to maintain in order to keep s from falling apart like he felt like he was close to, Leader Leeteuk pulled open the large double-doors and beckoned for his unwilling members to follow him inside. The members breathed in the dry atmosphere that mirrored the weights in their hearts as they took tentative steps to the many empty seats situated around the long table.

Super Junior-M members Henry and Zhou Mi were already there, sitting side by side in the awkwardness of the large room, as CEO Lee Soo Man was already seated in his rightful place at the head of the table. The two looked at the approaching and self-organizing members with forlorn expressions, having been updated on the recent events in Super Junior.

After finally choosing seats in which they sat in their respective pairings: KangTeuk, YeWook, KyuMin. . . Shindong and Siwon, the members then made themselves appear as professional as they could as they fidgeted in their seats.

Before Hyukjae and Donghae could take their own seats, however, Lee Soo Man made sure to advise that Hyukjae sit elsewhere, preferably in between Siwon and Shindong while Donghae sit next to Leeteuk -- to make the situation pass by a bit easier, if that helped any.

Both Hyukjae and Donghae could have easily assured him that it didn't. In any way. . .

The room was severely silent for several minutes as every occupant tried with all their might not to look at one another, knowing that eye contact with any member would make the situation more hurtful than it  already felt. Specifically, eye contact with either of the couple in question was strictly forbidden in the minds of all. 

Finally unable to stand the smothering silence sweltering the room anymore, Lee Soo Man cleared his throat loudly and ticked each of his fingers rhythmically atop the table four times before he uttered the first words that would officially begin the long awaited meeting. 

"I'll start this off by expressing how truly disappointed I am about this whole situation. I never would have guessed that things would turn out this way after so many years of keeping everything hidden fairly well. . ."

Donghae dropped his head at the inclination while CEO Soo Man continued as if he didn't notice. The CEO wasn't a heartless man, and he didn't like seeing one of his favorite and most high-paying groups so torn up in a turn of events like this. After all, the couplings had been set up with his full consent in the first place.

"The final decision of the matter is one that will surely effect the being of Super Junior as a whole, I'm afraid. Not the initial structure of Super Junior, but the story behind everything left on the stage." He paused and surveyed everyone in the room, studying the broken statues around him as not one member moved out of turn, hardly daring to breathe out of turn. Truly unified as one group with the same emotions. 

It affected him more than he ever knew it would to have to say the next line as he remained strictly professional.

"The EunHae couple has quite literally been banned . . . Meaning, there will be no more EunHae-like interactions within Super Junior or the entire agency for that matter. I'm sorry for the inconvenience." He finished, sounding like a store manager whose merchandise malfunctioned.

He watched as various reactions came so slowly and some so slick or slight, you think they hadn't heard. Sungmin bit a bit angrily at his bottom lip, while Kyuhyun appeared to have become stale -- his eyes widening, but nonetheless, no movement. Yesung and Ryeowook mirrored this image while Kangin gripped the armwrests on his chair quite menacingly as he tried to control the outburt that threatened to spill from his lips at the moment.

Leeteuk probably made the most movement of all as he leaned back in his stiff chair, groaned quietly, and pressed the palms of his hands to his closed eyelids, either in an attempt to fight off the coming migraine or to supress the tears already boiling up inside as he thought of what his dear dongsaengs were experiencing within themselves.

Hyukjae -- in his seat in between Shindong, who was quietly tapping his feet anxiously on the floor to rid some of the tension in the soundless room and Siwon, who was quickly drumming both his hands' fingers on his knees, thinking about the sudden loss of EunSiHae -- took in three deep breaths and let each of them out slowly, trying to calm down his sudden feelings of a coming outburst.

Donghae wrung his hands together so hard, they easiler turned red and on the verge of being raw. He was nervous about being the first to break this terrible silence,

"B-But, CEO Soo Man-ssi . . . There's no way I could do that. Being so close, yet so far away. . .""

"Donghae, you and Eunhyuk will have no more schedules for a while, as you two are suspended. We don't want to have too many encounters with the press during this time period. Discussions regarding the two of you need to take time to cool down, and who knows how long that might take." He took a deep breath before speaking the next part.

"It's going to be a hard deal to overcome since EunHae is one of the best and most world reknowned OTP's in the Kpop industry. . . But you two, Donghae and Eunhyuk, will be kept apart from now on at all times."

"Wait, WHAT?" Donghae interjected, but was talked over.

"As for the solution to the dorm rooms, you will not be within close proximity of one another. You will not share the same dorm room anymore, nor be in the same dorm. Hyukjae, your things will shortly be moved elsewhere -- on another floor of the building if I'm not mistaken. You can choose someone to share your new dorm with if you please. . ."

"Wait, please wait!" Donghae tried again, "T-This is a lot to take in!" But he was talked over yet again.

"For the remainder of your suspension, if I see you two so much as exchange a greeting or 'adios' between each other, your contracts will automatically be terminated with no futher questions asked and you will be replaced . . . Do you understand?" 

CEO Soo Man took an even deeper breath as Donghae choked heavily on the air he tried to breathe through the sobs that escaped his throat while Leeteuk patted him gently on the back. He took note of the way the silent Hyukjae was slowly shaking his head, with his eyes wide open; tears slowly rolling from his eyelids as if they too were in shock.

He'd tried to be firm, but it hurt the CEO to see his 'boys' like this, suffering because of words so simple and because of feelings so pure and fulfilling. He felt they deseved all the happiness they could recieve from one another and enjoy every bit of it while they could -- What could he say? He was an EunHae shipper himself -- but he knew the Kpop generation was not ready for this type of thing.

They weren't ready to realize that two men could harbor such love and such passion for one another just as much, or more, than any other 'normal' couple out there. They just weren't ready yet, and he couldn't go against beliefs such as these.

It wouldn't be right for the company. . .

*************************************

 

[Eunhyuk’s POV]  

 

". . . Do you understand?" CEO Soo Man asked.

Do I understand? How and where could I ever begin to understand?

I slowly shook my head in response to his unbelievable question, my eyes shocked wide open and hot tears sliding down my face as if scared to face the truth behind his choice of words. 

Why did this situation had to arise? Right after Donghae and I finally made up? After we spent two amazing days and nights together? 

Why?

This can't be happening. . . Although somewhere deep down, I knew it would.

I continued to mechanically shake my tired head during the remainder of the unnecessarily long meeting. I tried to rid myself of the growing pain inside of my heart through the shaking of my head as Leeteuk hyung spoke out in our defense, stating that 'Most of our fans already agree with anything related EunHae' and as Soo Man argued against it. My head whipped slowly from side to side as Henry finally spoke up and asked what would happen if the fans petitioned for EunHae's comback and while Zhou Mi tried to hush Henry's statement.

Tears never stopped clouding my vision as Sungmin begged and requested on both mine and Donghae's behalf if anything else could be done to fix the situation and as Soo Man insisted that he's asked and tried everything. My neck started to ache from the continuous movement and my eyes burned more as I heard Donghae almost inaudibly insist that he can't live without me by his side . . .

"What am I going to do?!" He asked, so distressed and emotionally worn.

Yes, Donghae. ​What am I going to do? What are we going to do?

I'd remained totally silent since the moment we stepped foot inside of the SM building. I haven't spoken a word since before planting myself into this chair that's currently squeezing all energy from my body, making me feel incredibly claustophobic. I haven't offered any vocal aid to Donghae's protests, I haven't dared comfort him as he weeps right now, piercing my sensitive ears with his heart-wrenching cries; acting as a coward.

I have yet to interject with my thoughts or opinions yet, or interrupt and express my feelings toward the matter.

I should fight for the intense love we share, just like Hae and most of everyone else.

It's now or never. . .

"I. . . I have s-something to say before this me-eeting ends." My chest and throat constantly contricts as I try hard to stop crying so I can say the little bit of words I simply want to let go.

I lift my head and turn to a certain angle until my eyes train in on the man that sat too many seats away. He looks so miserable, his back haunched over slightly and his mouth hanging slightly open, letting his sobs come out freely. As my voice had finally become heard, his watery eyes met mine and he sniffed long and hard, cute even in such a state.

I long to hold his shaking frame in my arms right now, hating the fact that Teukkie hyung is taking up my space beside him, comforting him where I should be instead. My heart curled up at the sight, and when Donghae blinked his swollen eyes at me, indicating I should speak now, I let out a heavy and shaky breath I hadn't known was stuck inside.

It had actually hurt to let air out.

"CEO Soo Man, everyone . . . Leeteuk hyung, I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I know you asked me to promise that I wouldn't cause a scene or say anything that could be damaging to Super Junior . . . but I did say I would only try. And I have, but I can't do it anymore. . ." I trailed off as I wiped away a stray tear that'd leaked its way out from my left eye. I then continued,

"Like Donghae had mentioned before, it'll be like we're so close, yet so far away . . . Does anyone really think I could survive that? Being able to look in the same direction but not being able speak to, touch, feel, or love him? There's no way I could survive a torture as cruel as that. It'll be like taking a knife to the throat to be away from him for any more time than now. . . And I can't do that. I need to be there to comfort him when he needs me. We promised to always be by each other's side. Always.

"I can't just sit back watching Donghae's doing fanservice with others, nor can I ignore it and admire the non-existent scenery! That would quite literally kill me inside. . ."

"I don't want to do that to you, Hyukkie. . ." I nod and pull a soft smile for him, adorning his small, pouting face. Then I turn my attention back to the other members in the room.

I give them all extremely apologetic looks before continuing with, "Donghae is the one love I've ever known and the thought that the only face I'll ever be seeing him wear is a face that will never smile again hurts so much worse than knowing I'll never smile again without him . . . If I can't be with my Hae, I don't know what I will do. . ."

Breathe. . . Say it.

Breathe. . . . . . . Say it. . .

"So, if I can't have Hae when I'm with Super Junior. . . . Then, I'll be without Super Junior. . . ." My voice came out ridiculously small as I croaked the last sentence, and I then wondered if anyone heard me. Because no one moved, no one made any reaction.

Until Lee Soo Man asked slowly and very carefully,  "So, your saying . . . that you're willing to give up your position as a Super Junior member for the sake of this man here?

I clenched my fists tightly, took a deep breath, and scanned the shocked, curious, anxious, nervous, and almost angry eyes of my members surrounding me.

I then nodded once.

"Yes. . ." I said quietly.

But I was firm in my decision.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

 

HOLD THE PHONE, DOORS, ELEVATORS, BABIES, EVERYTHING!

I know you guys are like, "OMG, BREAKING UP SUPER JUNIOR?! I'M NOT READING THIS ANYMORE!!! D':  D:<  >.<  T.T

But CHILL for a second, yeah? The story won't be as bad as you think it will be! (Not saying in any way that it's going to be bad. . . LOL)

The next few chapters will be good, and I think you'll like it mucho. xD

If you like angst. . . ?

Please comment, subscribe, and continue reading! I'd really appreciate it :P

Updating again soon :))

Also I would like to say thank you to LoveSHINeeSuJu for the upvote *Kisses and Hugs*