Broken

Good Bye My Love

 

[Leeteuk POV]


“Hyukjae wake up. Wake the hell up! NOW! What the hell did you say to Donghae??? Get your sorry up and explain this to me!” I scream shaking angrily and ready to hit something. I've never seen Donghae look so defeated and it stirred up a lot of emotions in me. I didn’t really mean to scream but I’m just so pissed right now.

“What’s going on Hyung?” Sungmin asked. “I think you need to calm down some.” 

Yes, he's right. Calm down. Hyukjae must have his reasons. He would never hurt Donghae that much if there wasn’t some kind of reason, and we are in the hospital after all. . . Take a deep breath. . .

“Please go Sungmin, I need to talk to Hyukjae alone.” I say in a much calmer voice.

“Okay, Hyung. But. . go easy on him, he’s hurting too.” He says as he pats Hyukjae on the back, turns, and makes his way out the room carrying a bag with him. It must be Hyukjae's discharge papers and personal items.

“Hyukjae, I know you're not asleep. So please talk to me. I'll listen.” He’s probably scared of me now; I shouldn’t have gotten so mad. “Tell me why you would say such god awful words to Donghae. He’s a crying mess right now." I tell him gently as I go over to his bed and place my hand on his shoulder.

He looks up at me with red, puffy eyes that still had tears falling from them. Seeing him like that broke my heart and I began to feel bad that I screamed at him like I did.

“Hyung, I had to! He was willing to ruin his life for me, an-and I couldn’t let him do that!” He cries, “I had to be mean. . . b-but I didn’t m-m-mean a word I said to h-him! I love Donghae so much, Hyung!” He takes a quivering breath. “I j-just wanted to protect him from the r-reporters and this cruel world. . .” Hyukjae put his head down, crying hard again. I squeeze his hand to encourage him to go on.

"Donghae is going to be flooded with hundreds of questions, and since he will be angry at me, he will be able to answer them without being concerned about how it’s going to affect me. But really Hyung, I really don’t give two red cent about myself right now, it’s all for him. Everything is for him!"

Hyukjae is right, I thought, Donghae does get flustered with too many questions.

"Hyukjae, you should have come to me first before making such a huge decision. We could have thought of something together, or as a group.”

"I know Hyung, and I’m sorry. But I was so scared and all I could think of was Donghae, the reporters, and the fans! So I thought of this stupid plan!” He sighed loudly and continued in one of the most miserable and regretful voices ever, "Ohh Teukie Hyung, I love him. Hyung, I love him with every fiber of my being, and I will never stop!”

I put my hands around his waist and let him cry upon my chest, caring for my dongsaeng in the best way I could right now.

"I hope you know what you’re doing," I said to him. "Donghae is so hurt right now. I, I honestly don’t know if you could ever make things right again.” I wanted to be truthful with him.

“. . . . I don’t think I want to. . . . I don’t want him to regret ever having been with me.” He whispered into my clothing.

“Hyukjae, I will assure you now, he will never regret being with you. We will get you through this; I will do my best to help you two. Don’t forget, you two are the dynamic duo!” I say with a small smile on my face, amusement present in my voice.

Apparently, I'd gotten Hyukajae to calm down a bit, because he detached him self from me, slow as a snail, but he did.

After Hyukjae lies down, and I give him one last soft pat on the head, I get up to leave the room. But before I walk out the door, I turn to remind him to wash his face before we all left. With a smile, I leave the room to let everyone know what’s going on.

“I can’t believe that idiot!” Siwon says to me, cursing under his breath.

Suddenly, Hyukjae comes out of the room and all eyes are on him. "Let’s go home," I say to everyone as I gave Hyukjae a kind smile.

 

We arrive home to a Donghae who's screaming at the top of his lungs:

“That BASTARD! AFTER ALL THAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH TOGETHER, he’s just going to LEAVE ME LIKE THAT?! After he told me HE LOVED ME?! WHY??? WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS? ALL I'VE EVER DONE WAS LOVE HIM, EVEN MORE THAN MYSELF!" 

As we walk through the door I cry “DUCK!!” as a bottle goes sailing through the air and smashes into the wall beside us. We witness a struggling Kyuhyun trying to grab him.

“Donghae, Calm down!” I yell at him as I rush to grab the next victim that would soon go flying from his trembling hands. I could see the next object would have been directed towards the silent and guilt ridden Hyukjae. 

“How can I CALM DOWN after what he said to me? After what he’s done to my heart??!!" Donghae began to cry again. “Hyung, how could Hyukkie -- How could HYUKJAE do this to me?!?! I thought he loved me, Hyung! We made a promise to one another: we were supposed to be together forever. . .  I love him Teukkie Hyung, I love him SO MUCH. Without him, it feels as though I've lost my right arm. . . !”

“Shhh, Donghae. Shhh. . I’ll talk to him tomorrow if that will help.” I tell the teary-eyed mess of a man in front of me, pulling him carefully into my embrace. I knew I could do nothing, but I had to say and do something to calm him down. I needed for him to let go of the ceramic bowl that was his next victim, which saved Eunhyuk at the same time.

I don’t even know how he got that bowl. . .

“I’ll talk to him”. I said again.

***********************************

 

[Donghae POV]


When Kyuhyun and I got into the dorms I stormed into mine and Hyukkie’s shared room and started packing up everything I had. I was about to leave when I noticed a picture we had taken at Sukira one night.

I loved this picture so much. In the picture, I’d been at one of my happiest moments: Dressed comfortably in my favorite yellow shirt that stated that ‘Inner Beauty is OVERRATED’, I’d s my arm around Hyukkie’s neck and pulled tight, making sure he was extra close to me as I smiled crazily—eyes wide and wild—and lifted my chin to the camera in an effort to be seen. Hyukkie’s round face—which was hugged by his tight white beanie, under his comfy black hoody—practically mirrored mine, smiling wide and beautiful at the camera in what I’d figured to be happiness also.

I almost choked at the image, wallowing in my sadness as I guessed that Hyukkie had just been acting in this photo too, doing fan service as he said he was.

Hyukkie what happened to us? When did you stop loving me? I cried to myself. 

I wanted to rip up the picture but I couldn’t bring myself to do it, so I just threw it on his bed. I heard a soft knock on the door. . . And hoped it was Hyukkie. . . But why would he be knocking on his own door? I shake my head and get up to open the door.

Standing in front of me was a sad face that belonged to Kyuhyun. “Hyung are you alright?" he asked me, concern in his voice.

“I will be once I get my stuff out of this room!" I say as I felt myself getting angry again. During the entire ride home, I had been ranting and raving, confused and tired. Now, I pushed my way passed Kyu and made my way to the living room.

Slamming my bag down on the couch, I let out a deep scream of frustration. It was loud and long, making my throat rumble.

“Calm down, Hyung! People on the other floors will hear you!” A very frightened Kyuhyun said to me.

“I really don’t give a flying hell, Kyu! How dare he say that to me?! I just wanted to strangle him to death!” If I didn’t love Hyukkie so much I probably would have, I thought to myself.

“Just what did Hyuk say to get you crying one minute and then screaming like mad the next?” 

“He broke up with -- He told me he doesn’t love me anymore and that I ruined his life!” I paused, and then continued.

“That BASTARD! AFTER ALL THAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH TOGETHER, he’s just going to LEAVE ME LIKE THAT?! After he told me HE LOVED ME?! WHY??? WHAT HAVE I DONT TO DESERVE THIS? ALL I'VE EVER DONE WAS LOVE HIM, EVEN MORE THAN MYSELF!”

Without noticing, I had picked up a glass bottle. At that time the door opens and as soon as I saw Hyukjae's face step through the door, I chucked the bottle as hard as I could. Teukkie Hyung yells something, but I’m so furious, I can't even hear. All I wanted was to make Hyukkie hurt as bad as he'd hurt me.

Teukkie Hyung came over to me and took something out of my hand after I'd finished yelling to him again, and I laid my head on his chest, warily. I started telling him how I felt like and crying. . . I hadn’t realized that I had picked up something else until hyung took that from me too. 

All I could see is the man that I had once loved, still love, and who once loved me, walking to his room with his head down.

Was he crying? No, Why would he be crying if he was the one who broke up with me?! He broke my heart! . . . . But, I should try to talk to him just one last time. I still don’t want to lose him. . . .

I go knock on the door. “Hyukkie baby, can I talk to you, please?” 

“No go away.” I heard from somewhere behind the door, followed by a sniffle. He really is crying.

I’m not giving up that easily.

“We need to talk. I’m coming in.” I try the doorknob, and to my astonishment, the door was locked; which made me so angry, I lost it. I started banging, kicking, and even ramming into the door, cursing and screaming at him to open up. . . But still, he wouldn’t. . .

I cover my eyes and lower my head. I sank down to the floor with my back up against the door.

He really doesn’t love me anymore. It's true. . . He hates me!

After collecting myself I get up off of the floor and head over to the couch which had my bags set nicely on the floor. I wonder who'd done that before I  carelessly bury my face into it. I needed to lie down to get rid of this horrible headache that's crept up out of nowhere.

Sooner or later, I was being woken up by Ryeowook. He’s asking me if I’m hungry.

“What time is it?" I ask, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

“Its 11:36. . .” He replied with a look that I can only describe as sadness on his face.I realized I had slept all night on the couch. I must have cried myself to sleep.

For the next 2 weeks, I successfully avoided my Hyukkie, I mean Hyukjae. .  Which was very hard. I missed him so much I could rip my heart from my chest to reduce the pain I felt there. .

But I kept watching him every chance I got.
 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello my lovely subcriber's and commenter's =D

First I would like to say thanks for reading. I hope you are enjoying the story so far *Bitting my nails and pulling out my hair*

And, Sorry for taking so long to update!

But, thank you all for sticking with me! *celebating; passes out cake* :D

I'll try to update soon!

Please continue to read comment and subscribe!!

Love you all and thanks again. :DD