The Past & Last Chance

Because of You
IU's POV
I went home early to have a long rest. I really need to keep my head in peace or else I'll go insane. Talking by myself, I didn't realize that I'm already in our gate but why is there a black car blocking my way through inside. I rushed in quickly and I saw my sister talking to an old man. "unnie I'm home!" I said as I bow to the old man. "is she IU? Tell me?" the old man asked my sister. "IU! Please seat beside me, there's something you need to know." my sister said coldly. I seat beside her and I saw the old man holding a similar necklace that I've been hiding since childhood at my room. "uhhmm... Excuse me but whose necklace is that you're holding?" I said to him. "I know that you have a similar necklace like this. Don't you remember? You're mother gave you the other one and gave the other one to your brother" The old man said his voice was turning into sob. Huh? Brother? I never heard my sister said that we have a brother. I looked at my sister and her eyes we're teary. "I'm sorry IU but you have to know this! The old man here is your grandfather. My parents are not you're real parents. You we're in a car accident with your mother when you we're 3 years old. You're mother died in that accident. My mother saw you underneath her body and take you here. My mother doesn't know what to do so she let you stay here. You have forgotten your memory since back then. My mother decided to not tell you the truth until you're in the right age but I think this is the right time to tell you. My mother really loved you as her real daughter, like me. Sometimes, I even jealous because she's always taking care of you but I always tell to myself that from that time when you lost your mother, you need a love of a mother and I even treat you as a little sister so please don't be mad at me or at mom cause we don't want to lose you when you knew you're true identity. I'm really sorry." my sister was crying loudly so I patted her back. I want to cry and smile at the same time cause I'm so sad that my real mother and the mother that took care of me are already dead but I'm happy that I still have my sister who love and care for me so much. "don't worry unnie! I'm not mad, though I'm not your real sister but you and mama treat me very well. Uhhmm.. Unnie? Do you know what happened to my father since you said what happened to my mother?" I said to her nearly into tears but then the old man who said to be my grandfather stand up and walked beside me. "your father died two years after he find out that you and your mother died in the car accident. He was really depressed that time, he doesn't sleep, doesn't eat, and didn't care about your older brother. Before he died, he said that I need to find you, her only daughter cause he don't believe that you died in the car accident. Your older brother is currently studying college at U.S. When he heard that you died, he was liked your father, he even cry at night but I really took care of him cause he was the only one I got. IU! I want you to live with us, with your brother and grandmother. You and your sister can live with us at the mansion." the old man said. It feels so odd to call him grandfather. My true father is also dead? Maybe God have a plan that's why he did that. "gomawo grandpa! But I'll think about living with you. I don't want to leave this place cause it means so much to me." I said and ran to my room. I don't know what happened between unnie and grandpa after I ran upstairs.
 
Jiyeon's POV
I know that my relationship with Gikwang oppa was an act but I'm starting to fall for him really. He's so caring, gentleman, and he never forgets to make me smile whenever I'm sad. Our act was about to end but I want it to stay like this. I really love him. I was really hurt when he tell me about the girl he really love, his childhood friend, none other than IU. I heard that someone confessed to her and I asked Gikwang about it but he didn't answer and walked away. He was surely in love with IU but I can't let her take away my Gikwang oppa. 
 
*the next morning at school*
 
Gikwang's POV
As soon as I enter the school, Jiyeon grab my wrist tightly and dragged me at the school field. " what are you doing?" I asked her but she didn't answer. "Jiyeon? What are you do-" I was cut off by her kiss. I don't know why did she did that but she's looking onto someone or something so I broke the kiss and gaze where she was looking. I saw IU nearly into tears, standing with shaking knees then she ran away. I tried to followed her but Jiyeon back hugged me. I can feel my uniform was getting wet, is she crying? "are you crying?" I asked her then suddenly I heard her loud cry. "Gwenchana? Please Jiyeon! Answer me.." I nearly shouted at her while she still not letting go my body. "don't leave me oppa! I want you to stay by my side! Please oppa! I really love you!" she said while sobbing. Did she confess to me? "yeah! I love you too!" I said to her. "jinja? You love me to oppa?" she even buried her face deeper at my back. "I love you as a friend! You knew that behind this relationship we have, we're just acting." she tightened the hug more tighter when I said that. "NO! I really love you as my BOYFRIEND and not as a FRIEND! I really like you so please don't leave me!" I really want to follow IU but I can't leave Jiyeon now in this state, she may commit something bad to herself.
 
IU's POV
I went to the building next to the school field as said in the letter that I received from Gikwang. It was written there that he have something to show me. After minutes of waiting, Jiyeon came dragging Gikwang. I was walking towards them when suddenly, their lips met. My heart sunk too deep when I saw that, I don't know what to say and my knees are shaking. I have said to myself that Gikwang doesn't deserve a second chance. I want to forget everything about him. I want to change who I am, the new me who doesn't know him since childhood. I've decided to leave our current house to stay at my grandpa's mansion, there, I don't have to worry so much cause I'm a different person. I really hate him. The only person I know was Suzy and Wooyoung.
 
 
Jiyeon's POV
I knew that IU would fall on my trick. I already knew that IU was in love with Oppa but she didn't even confess, what a coward! Tsk! I'm very happy that Gikwang oppa choose to stay with me than following IU. She doesn't need Gikwang oppa cause she already have that stupid Wooyoung. That guy was taking away the spotlight to Gikwang oppa from being the most handsome guy on our school. He's not that handsome, he's just tall, has a rosy complexion, small eyes, very good sense of style and he has an angelic voice compared to oppa! Oh! Did I just say something that he's better than oppa? No! He's too ugly and nothing compared to Gikwang!
 
 
After the bell rung, Gikwang and Jiyeon went to their classes. IU too walked in the class when she heard the bell but before that she went at the school cafeteria to buy some strawberry flavored candy. IU act liked she didn't saw anything earlier, she talks to everyone, she even talks to Gikwang, and she always put a fake smile every time she faces everyone. She doesn't know that Gikwang noticed that she's being to happy today. I guess she's just acting. Gikwang dragged IU outside their room and excuse themselves to their teacher. "IU! Are you okay?" Gikwang asked her. "yeah! I'm feeling great today! Why?" she answered the man with a fake smile again. "I know you saw me and Jiyeon kissed but it doesn't mean anything!" he tried to explain but IU's eyes grew wider. "REALLY? You and your girlfriend kissed? How does it feel and it taste?" she said acting like an innocent girl. "why are pretending that you didn't saw us? I know you're jealous that's why you're acting like that" Gikwang smirked as he end his sentence. "didn't you see me came to our classroom late and why would I be jealous of your girlfriend? We're just FRIENDS remember? And another thing, who said that I was acting?" IU sounded pissed then she walked back into their room. The entire day seems normal to everyone except to Gikwang. Suzy was so happy that her best friend is seems normal again but a bit confused of her best friends little 'tsk' every time the she heard Gikwang talking. Wooyoung too was happy cause IU accepted his confession and she's okay that they'll be going out but that thing was between them, they don't want anyone to know that they're going through the next stage after FRIENDSHIP, he was surprised by the sudden change of IU but if it's for good then it's okay!
 
The whole weekdays ended like that; IU pretending that she's okay even if she's not and ignoring Gikwang pretty much, Jiyeon being too attached to Gikwang, Gikwang who was confused what would he do between IU and Jiyeon, Wooyoung who is very happy that he was spending more time with IU and he's planning soon to have a candle light dinner with her at Sunday, and lastly, Suzy doesn't know what's going to happen at Saturday (meeting Taecyeon's grandparent and being his girlfriend). All of them are having different problems not all but most of them. Let's say Wooyoung doesn't have any problem with IU.