Past vs Present

Because of You
IU's POV
I woke up late. It's already 1:30 pm when I looked at my alarm clock. Beside it, there's my phone full of messages and missed calls. I'll just read it later because right now I'm really hungry. When I went downstairs, Fei unnie was talking to Grandpa at the living area. "Oh Jieun, you’re awake! Just wait for the maids to finish your food." Grandpa said. Fei unnie hugged and kissed me at the cheek. "How’s your schooling these passing days" she asked. "It’s fine. I have friends to accompany me there." I answered sleepily. "Good! I really miss you but I can't leave my work. You know that!  Right?" she said. "Your food is ready Miss Jieun!" one of our maids said. I bowed at Grandpa and Fei unnie then went to the dining area. "Where’s Donghae oppa?" I asked the maid who called me. "I think he's still sleeping. I haven't seen him." she said then went at the kitchen. I wonder why Donghae oppa is still sleeping. I'll just ask him later. There's so many kind of food served just for me. I don't care if I get fat but I want to eat all this because I'm really hungry. I didn't even eat last night because I feel so shy in front of Taecyeon’s grandparents. 
 
  I feel like I'm going to burst any minute now because I ate too much. I decided to head to my room and rest for a bit. “Dear boy, you're my angel. Let me show you a better day!" (A pink's Bubibu) my ring tone startled me. "Yeoboseyo?" I said. "Hi!" the man said. "Who’s this?" "It’s me. Gikwang. Are you free right this time?" he asked. "Well... Yeah! Why?" I answered "will you come out of your house. I'll wait you there." he said then he hung up. What's with him? I put on my jacket and went out. There he is, standing beside our main gate. "Gikwang! Come on in." I shouted at him as I walked towards him. "No. It's okay. I just want to ask you go out with me tomorrow if it's okay with you?" he asked. "Okay! But what's the occasion?" "Nothing! I just want to hang out with my friend. So see you tomorrow at the park. 4 pm." he said and went off. He didn't even wave goodbye to me. I pouted while sulking on my way inside. "Dear boy, you're my angel." My phone rings again and I picked it up fast. "I'm sorry I forgot to say goodbye. Please stop sulking." "How?-" I stopped when I saw him again. Standing outside. I feel so embarrassed. I walk back into him. "I'm not sulking! I want to go back to my room cause you just disturbed me you little brat! Ahahaha!" I said to him. "Really? Then I should go without saying bye to you from now on." he teased. "Oh? Please don't be mad at me just because I don't want you saying goodbye to me." I back. He smiled at me then he bid his goodbye. "Why are you blushing?" Fei unnie asked me. "You scared me! No, I'm not blushing!  And for who. I'm the only person in here." I said to her and walk inside. "Oh really? There's Gikwang coming back." I look immediately at the gate but then he's not there. Fei unnie was laughing at me. "Got you!" she said. "WHATEVER!" I shouted at her.
 
Wooyoung's POV
Everything is ready. All the food are just perfectly fine and I look handsome. It’s exactly 6:30 pm and IU knocked at my door with her body guards not so far from her. "Come on in." I said. She wears her casual shirt and a skirt. "What with the dim lights Wooyoung?" she asked. "Just close your eyes until we get to the kitchen. Okay?" she nodded and I blindfolded her eyes. "Here we are." I said as I remove her blindfold. "Wow! Did you prepare all this? It looks perfect! But what's the occasion?" she asked "nothing. I just want this night to be special." we take our seats then we started to eat. We talked almost everything about our life. Our topic are mostly about our childhood. She wants to know how close she is to Taecyeon and to me. When we are eating our dessert, that's the only time I gathered all my strength to asked her the not-so ultimate question in my mind. "Uhhmm... IU, I been thinking about this lately but it's okay if you don't accept it."  I sounded like a retard "what? I don't understand what you're talking about." she looked puzzled. "IU! Will you be my girlfriend?" I finally asked her. Her face looked stunned for a moment. I don't know if she'll turn it down or she'll accept it. "I'm sorry Wooyoung but I don't like you-" I cut her off. "It’s okay-" But then she cut me off too. "I don't like you! Because I LOVE you! And yes! I want to be your girlfriend." I can't believe what I'm hearing. "Will you repeat? It's seems my ears suddenly blocked with something." I . "YES! I WANT TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND Jang Wooyoung" she shouted at me. I'm the happiest man living in the earth right now. "So? We'll make it official by tomorrow?" I asked her. "How about NOW? Ahahaha!" I stand from my seat and leap from her. She stand at her seat too then I lifted her up and the air. "You don't know how happy I am because I have you as a girlfriend and I also found my long lost Childhood friend." I said to her. "Are you that happy? Then you don't need me anymore?" she pouted. "You are the reason that's why I'm so happy. If I will lose you? Better to end my life." I said as I put her down. "Don't be so dramatic! I hate dramatic guys!" she rants at me. "Oh really? Then why did you say that you will be my girlfriend if you hate those kinds of guys?" I more. "Always remember that in every rule there is an exemption!" she laugh so hard. We stayed at our house until 11 pm.
 
 "Text me when you got home for me to found out if your safe. Okay?" I reminded her. I goes out with her walking to her car. Her body guards said that she'll be okay. I bowed at them before they sped off.
 
Gikwang's POV
I'm free to do what ever I want. I can go to IU to fetch her for school. I don't need to wait for Jiyeon to finish her rituals for taking her daily bath. I feel guilt forming inside me when I remembered that I turned down her confession but I don't want to fool her feelings. I was walking nearly at IU's house when Wooyoung showed up. He's already waiting for her. I went close to him and he was surprised. "Good morning! What are you doing here?" I asked him. "Fetching IU for school. You? What brought you here?" he turned back my question. "The same." A minute later, IU came out. She look surprised too. "What are you doing the both of you?" she asked. "Fetching you!" Wooyoung and I said in unison. "What? How? Donghae oppa always sent me to school by his car." she said. "Oh Wooyoung! What brought you here? Who's your company?" IU's brother asked. "I'm here to fetch IU. Uhhmm... He's not with me." he said. IU's brother stared at me. "Good morning! I'm Gikwang. A friend of IU." "Oh Yeah! I remember you? Don't say that you're picking IU too for school?" he asked. I just nodded. "No one can fetch IU for school! Get it. I'm the only one who will. Do you want to ride in my car to school with IU?" he asked again. "Oppa! It's okay! Besides we have to hurry because we'll going to be late for sure if we don't drive off now!" IU said to his brother. Inside the car, IU was beside the driver and Wooyoung and I were at the back. We are not facing each other.