Nothing Changed

Because of You

 

When IU got off the bus and headed to her house, she saw Gikwang standing outside her house. Her heart felt an ache when she remembered what happened yesterday. There's a side of her that didn't want to talk to him after what he did to her but the other side wants to talk to him and clear the misunderstandings. "Kaja! I'll talk to him like there's nothing happen and ask him why did he do that?" she talk to her self. Meanwhile, Gikwang noticed that there's a girl standing behind the electric post and curiosity hits him. He walks towards the electric post when suddenly IU came out with a weak smile. "What are you doing there? Are you hiding from me? I know it's my fault but please don't be mad at me anymore because YOU'RE EVERYTHING TO ME" Gikwang said. IU was caught off guard by the last word and she can see the pain in his childhood friend's eyes so she believed him. "I'm not mad at you but please... Will you give me some time to think? Uhhmm... Gikwang? Why did you do the k- k- kiss?" she explained. Gikwang's face brightened a bit when he heard that IU is not mad at him but he cannot think of an excuse why did he kissed her so he have to tell the truth. "I'm so thankful that you're not mad at me. About the kiss. It's because I really want you and I don't want anybody gets you if it wasn't me. I really loved you since back then but I don't want to waste this strong friendship of us so I decided to choose friendship than LOVE. I'm so sorry. And one last thing, about Jiyeon, she just asked me to be her boyfriend for a month to make her ex-boyfriend jealous. I'm sorry again for not telling you the truth." IU understands her friend situation but she can't see Gikwang with another girl even if it's just acting. "No need to say sorry. Just give me one day to forget what happen yesterday and it'll be okay on Monday!" then she gets inside her house. 
 
*inside IU's classroom, Monday.*
"Oppaya (hey oppa!) What happened last Saturday?" Suzy asked Wooyoung. "N-nothing m-much happened. Sh-She j-just s-sleep then ate b-breakfast after that she bid her goo-goodbye to me" he answered nervously. "Good morning Suzy! Good morning too Wooyoung!" IU came out of nowhere and it startled Wooyoung. "Hey IU! Good morning. Good timing! I was just asking Wooyoung what happened last Saturday and he answered me stuttering? Well... Why don't take the question?" Suzy asked again. 'Aisshh! Why did she have to asked about that?' Wooyoung thought. IU looked at Suzy nervously and gazed at Wooyoung next. 'How am going to say this to her?' IU thought before she made her conclusion. "Uhhmm... From what I have remember is... I wake up at Wooyoung's bedroom and after that we ate breakfast then I headed home!" Before Suzy asked another question IU drag Wooyoung out of their classroom.  When the two are out of the ear shots, IU let go of Wooyoung's hand. "What did you tell her earlier?" IU asked look liked angry. "I didn't say anything. What you said to her is what I said to her earlier. Trust me!" Wooyoung said and raised his right hand for swearing. "Gomawo! Please don't tell anyone about it. Arasso?" IU said with her puppy eyes. "Like I would tell it to anyone. Don't you know that it was my first k-" Wooyoung stopped what he was going to say cause he saw Gikwang behind IU. IU looked puzzled for the sudden stop and look at Wooyoung. Wooyoung was looking behind her so she also look at her back and she was taken aback when she saw that it was Gikwang. "What happened to the both of you? Did you see a ghost or something?" Gikwang asked the two, he looked puzzled and there's an awkward silence so Gikwang tried to asked again. "IU gwenchana? (Are you okay)" IU came back to her senses when Gikwang waved his hands in front of her face. "Oh! Oppa! What you were saying?" IU asked cause she didn't really heard what Gikwang said. "Aw... Never mind! But are we okay now? Or are you still angry at me. I can wait till your anger subsides." Gikwang muttered to IU and for Wooyoung not to hear what he was saying. "Yah! Oppa! We're always good. We're childhood friends right? Ahahahah! So oppa... We better get now to class before Mr. Kim came." IU then walked toward to their classroom. There was Wooyoung and he was still shocked to the sudden appearance of Gikwang. Good thing that he didn't continue what he was saying and they'll be busted.  
 
IU's POV
"Be ready for tomorrow's talent show. You can do what ever you want. Sing, dance, paint etc...For those who don't want to show their talent? Or doesn't have any talent... You'll be graded as a FAIL in a whole grading period." Mr. Kim said as he seat in his chair when he entered the room. "Any questions? Just raise your hands!" Mr. Kim added. Sometimes I'm a very shy person but sometimes I become an outgoing person? Better asked sir if a duet can perform. "Excuse me Sir but is it individual or you can have a partner?" before I could asked Wooyoung already said it. I hope it's okay to Mr. Kim to have a partner. "It’s better to have a partner cause I'm doing this for a 'team building activity' who wants to have a partner? Please raise your hands so I can decide if it's a partner or individual." Most of the class raise their hands including me and Wooyoung. "Well... I guess it's better to have a partner. I'll pick who will be your partner is or you want it?" Mr. Kim asked us and the whole class shouted that they want to pick their partner. "Okay! You can pick your partner after class!"
He said and then he start to teach his lessons. 
 
*after class*
(Still IU's POV)
"Gikwang oppa will you be my partner?" another girl asked him to be her partner but he didn't answered for the 10th time. I guess he's waiting for someone to be her partner. "IU! Let's be partner for now on! Arasso?" Wooyoung went to my desk and asked me. I was about to answer when Gikwang said "yah! She has a partner so go ask someone else!" Wooyoung looked at him roughly and grab my wrist. "I know that she has a partner and that's ME!" pointing to himself boastfully. "Aisshh! This guy... Don't you know that I'm her partner like ever since the world began?" Gikwang shouted at him and catches the attention of the class. Some of the girls that asked him to be their partner gazed at me but I shrugged it off. Suzy heard the two and whisper something to me. "They’re fighting because of you! Do want to play a game? The one who can buy you a two orange juice and a two sandwich will win? Is it okay with you? Besides, I'm really hungry? I know you too!" That was a very good idea. I just want to play sometime. I've been stress these past few days so it wouldn't hurt if I play a bit. "Ne! That’s a brilliant idea but you're the one who'd saying the word to the both of them. Got it?" Suzy nodded and grab the two boys to the corner of the room. She said the condition to be my partner and suddenly the two boys run like there's a zombie outbreak. I waited in my seat and laughing with Suzy to the idea she gave me. After some minutes the two came back full of sweat. "Here’s your food!" Gikwang and Wooyoung said in unison. "Well IU you have to pick one only!" Suzy said and grab the two sandwiches and two orange juices. I was going to pick Gikwang oppa when suddenly I heard a burst of some liquid and I saw Suzy spitting the juice at the window. "Yah! Gikwang... This is not an orange juice! It's orange flavored soft drink." Suzy shouted to Gikwang. "Jinja? But who said that you'll be the one drinking it?" Gikwang questioned back at her. "Don’t you try change the subject! You lose! Wooyoung will be IU's partner. That's it." Suzy glared at him and Gikwang just sigh in defeat. I pouted cause I want him but it'll be unfair to Wooyoung so I just bear with it besides it's fun being with Wooyoung. "If you really want him to be your partner why did you pick me?" Wooyoung said sound a bit sad. I think he saw me pouted. "Aniyo! I want you to be my partner!" I said loudly. Now, the others are staring to me. I bowed to them and stand in front of Wooyoung. "After you got home, lets meet at the park 4:00 pm so we can talk and practice what we are going to do tomorrow. Arasso! So? See you there! Don't forget 4:00pm!" Wooyoung nodded and I went home to get change.
 
Wooyoung's POV
I think luck is on my side this day! I'm very happy that IU will be my partner. I'll be meeting her later at 4:00 pm. It's only 2:45 pm better take a very long shower. What song can we sing? Well... I'm good at dancing and singing but what about IU? I think she's good at singing too. It's going to be a wonderful duet if we sang a love song. I don't really listen to love songs but I'll just ask IU about it. It's already 3:30 its better than early.
 
No one's POV
Wooyoung and IU arrived at the same time. IU wore a pink blouse with her faded jeans while Wooyoung wore a blue polo shirt and a khaki walking shorts. "What do you want to do? It seems that you're good at anything? Ahahaha!" IU started their conversation. Wooyoung rub his nape, he was embarrass that time but he manage to answer "anything is okay to me but there's something I'd like to request if its okay with you?" IU looked at him puzzled "what? I know you were an excellent partner!" "How about we do a love song duet? You know. Like.-" IU cut him off and her eyes widened "perfect! What song do you like? How about uhhmm... If I Had A Lover? By Gayoon and Yoseob or Love Day by Yoseob and Eunji- uhhmm... Or maybe? All For You by Jung Eunji and Seo Ingook. That's the only duet love songs are famous today that I know."     
 
Wooyoung’s POV
I have no idea what are the songs she's talking about but one of the title caught my attention. "uhhmm... Since we're both single so what if the song of Gayoon and Yoseob? " I said to her. "okay! Do you want to hear it? I Bring my ipod incase we need it" she answered. I nodded and she turn on her ipod. We sat at the park bench listening to the music. Once the music finished IU try to sing some stanza in the song.
 
When I have a boyfriend,
there's so much I want to do that I dreamed of.
The first is kissing in the streets.
Second is going on a late night train to Choonchun.
Third is going on a picnic.
Fourth is getting a piggy back ride.
Fifth is couple rings which is given
boo boo boo it'll be really sweet
 
Her voice was so angelic! While listening to her is like I'm going to cloud nine! I clapped my hand and she tried to hide her rosy cheeks maybe because she's shy. "I didn't know that you're very good at singing? That's fantastic! Daebak!" I complimented her more. "no I'm not good! It's just the feeling of the song matches with mine! Oh by the way! I have to go because my unnie didn't want me to come home late but promise me that you'll practice the song this night and come to school early so we can practice the duet! Okay?" she said. I just nodded and raise a thumbs up sign at her them she went home.