Last Last Chance

Because of You
Gikwang's POV
So Jiyeon was right. Wooyoung and IU are now a couple. There's nothing that I can do. Wait! From what I've remembered, I think IU still has a crush on me. It's was just a hunch but she can't forget me that easily because I've been her friend for a very long time. "Our Christmas break will start next week so be sure to attend our Christmas party" our class president, Suzy announced. Time goes by so fast. I didn't even notice that it's nearly Christmas and my birthday is coming too. "What should we do at the party?" Suzy asked. Our classmates are murmuring on their seats, thinking about it. "How about.... We celebrate it on one of our classmate's house? So we don't have problems when it comes to place." Kangin suggested.  "Who agrees with it?" most of the class raise their hands. "Majority wins but whose house? A house that's big enough for all of us." Suzy chimed in. All of us is currently staring at IU. Well... She's one of the richest students in this school. "Then it's all settled. To IU's house." IU didn't react and still expressionless. "Uhhmm... Excuse me but do you mind taking her approval before settling things up?" I said.  "No! It's okay! When will it be? So I can tell harabeoji" she said plainly. "Uhhmm... How about second week of December? Right guys?" our classmates nodded their head for approval. I am really worried about IU because it's all because of me that's why she change her attitude so suddenly. I regret that I choose friendship than her love but in the end I lose them both! I'm so dumb! 
 
IU's POV 
When Suzy announced our Christmas party, I just remembered that I'm saving money for Gikwang's birthday. His birthday was exactly January 1. Am I going to buy him a gift? Maybe I should because I'll be too unfair if I didn't give him anything. I have an idea what to give him but I am in a relationship right now so I can't give him a couple necklace. How can I explain to Suzy and Wooyoung that I can trust people easily? It's just that I'm taking cautions from my actions and being careful from whom I goes out to. I trust people easily but I can't give them enough trust to be with them. It's so frustrating right? I mean is it's easy to gain people's trust but hard if it’s already broken. I want to talk to Gikwang after this Christmas party meeting.
     
 
 
"Gikwang, Can I talk to you for a second?" IU said. Gikwang didn't reply but he followed IU outside. They went to the school field and there, they seat. "What do you want to say?" Gikwang said calmly.
"Do you think my attitude change?" 
"What are you thinking IU?"
"Just answer my question"
"Uhhmm... You've been distant to me and yup, I think your attitude change" 
IU is still silent and doesn't know what to reply. "Forget what I've said. Let's go home." Gikwang said. "No! Everybody think that I change, even Suzy said it but I feel and do the same. Is it because I got rich?  Or is it because I've got in a relationship or because you rejected me? None of them make sense right? So why would I change?" IU said strongly. "It's not what I'm talking about! You're treating me like you didn't know me. You've never been like that before even if we fight but this time, you're really avoiding me." "You want to know why? Because it ing hurts me whenever I see you! I remember that heart ache you gave me!" IU stops then calm her self. "I'm sorry! Let's not talk about it like what have you said." "Is it really me? Do you wish to make me disappear?" Gikwang said sternly. "No! Let's stop this!" "Yeah! Let's stop this and just say what you are going to say." IU was having second thoughts. She doesn't know if her decision will turn out good but it's now or never. "Well, I came here to clear that I don't have any feelings for you and I want to continue our broken friendship because I really value it more than my life. Though I found out who I really am, you're still a part of my life that I can't forget. We can still fix it right?" IU was offering Gikwang a shake hand but instead of shaking, Gikwang hug her tightly. Gikwang can't hide how he misses his most beloved childhood friend. He misses every day when they're together and right now, it looks like he won't make any mistake to break this strong friendship of them. "You're not mad anymore?" IU said. "Who said I'm mad at you? I'm mad at myself for destroying our beautiful friendship." "So? Where best friends again?" "Yeah! We'll be friends until we die" The two laugh at their cheesy sayings with each other. At last, their connection with each other came back again. 
 
Suzy's POV
 I was going to call IU but then she went out and Gikwang was following her. Wooyoung looked at me like it's-okay-to-leave-them look. I asked Wooyoung if we can go home together but he said that he'll wait for IU because they need to talk about something. I went out of our school gate and there's a familiar black car. I squint my eyes and saw Taecyeon was waiting outside the car. "Hey! What are you doing here?" I said. "Sleeping? Of course, I'm waiting for you!" he said sarcastically. "Haha! Very funny!" I answered annoyed. "I was going to ask you if you can come for a dinner later at house." "Okay!" "Do you want me to take you home?" Taecyeon offered and I nodded. We're pretty near at my house when his phone rings. Eunjung is written in his phone. "Someone’s calling. Aren't you going to answer it?" I asked him. When he saw who was calling, he immediately took his phone and turned it off. "Who’s Eunjung?" I asked. "She’s... Just... Uhhmm... A friend from the states" he answered. I smell something fishy about this friend but I have a huge trust on Taecyeon. "Here we are! I'll wait for you later!" he said as he open the door car for me. I bid my goodbye to him then he sped off.