Old and New Crush

Because of You

 

IU's POV
"Okay! Bye! See you tomorrow." I said while waving my hand to Suzy, my best friend. I’m heading home from her house and you know what they say 'Time is sure fast specially if you're having fun' cause it's already 10:00 pm. Good thing her mother pleases me to eat before going home. I've decided to walk because I'm saving money to buy a gift for a special person. While walking into the dark alley, I notice that someone is following me so I walk rapidly but then it's following me still and the fact that I'm scared, I just run very fast.
 
Wooyoung's POV
"Oh crap! I'm lost!" I said to myself. It's not my fault that I'm lost but my S-T-U-P-I-D brother left me intentionally somewhere. We've just moved here with my dad and my brother. As I walked into the dark alley, I saw a girl, like she's in my age so I decided to asked her 'where is the nearest bus station?’ She walks fast so I followed her but then she just ran away. "MISS!" I shout at her and she stopped running. I ran after her and I notice that her knees are shaking. "I'm sorry to frighten you but can I ask something?" I said while panting then she turns around and I'm surprised that she looked like an angel minus the halo. "I'm sorry to run at you but you really scared me." She said with a teary-eyed.
 
IU's POV
"I'm sorry to frightened you but can I ask something?" the guy who is following me said that while panting so I turned around to see his face and GOSH my face is starting to blush when I saw him cause he's like a prince that’s oh-so-handsome but he scared me so much. "I'm sorry to run at you but you really scared me." I said with my teary-eyed looked. "Do you know where the nearest bus station is?" he asked. "Oh! You should be new in here. Should I take you there?" I answered back then he nodded. His face looks so familiar to me but I can't remember when the first time I saw him.
 
Wooyoung's POV
I know I've seen her face somewhere but I can't remember and I just know that she's familiar. Minutes of walking going to the bus station, it is awkward cause we're both silent so I broke it and asked "by the way miss, what’s your name?" I said and let out a little sigh. "I'm IU. You? What's your name?" she replied "Wooyoung, Jang Wooyoung... Uhhmm... IU your face looks familiar. Did we met somewhere before? I'm really sure that we've met but I can't remember where and when." I said to her.
 
IU's POV
I thought that he'll never going to ask my name. I can't help myself stealing glances at him because he's so handsome. So his name is Wooyoung. "Your face looks familiar, did we met somewhere before? I'm really sure that we've met but I can't remember where and when." he said. I was shocked when I heard that because we're thinking the same way. "You think that too! I've been thinking about it since I saw your face." I stop talking because we're on time on the last bus. "Uhhmm... Wooyoung I'd like to talk to you but I know there's another time cause the bus is waiting so see you around" I said.
 
Suzy's POV
It's already 11:00 pm so IU should be in her house by now. I'll give her a call. "Hello? Is IU at home? This is her friend Suzy." I said while holding the telephone. "IU is not yet at home but you can leave a message if you want to?" Fei, her sister answered back. "I just thought that she'd be back at your house by now, I'm starting to get worried about her." her sister laughs silently but I can hear it. "She's going to be okay! She's a smart girl so she can take care of herself." I said goodbye to her sister but after I heard that, I'm starting to worry even more because she's just a girl, What if someone kidnapped her? Aisshh! I shouldn't be thinking that. Think positive Suzy, Think positive, nothing bad will ever happen to her. Maybe I should text her to know where is she.
(1st text)
From: Suzy
To: IU
Message:
Where the hell are you? I'm so worried about you....
 
(2nd text)
Message:
Hey! Give me a call when you come back home...
 
(3rd text)
Message:
Are you close now to your house? Just give of a call whenever you come home... :(
 
(4th text, last)
Message:
I wish you were safe... I'll sleep but don't forget to call me when you got home. You make me so WORRIED!!
 
IU's POV
My cell phone is vibrating so someone is texting me but I'm not going to read it because I know it’s only my sister asking where I am. When I got home, I saw my sister at the sofa sleeping. "She must be waiting for me..." I said to myself and go to my room. I can't even take off my shoes because I'm really tired. Good thing! I'm already full and I just need to lie down on my bed. Will I ever meet him? So many questions in my mind but I need some rest cause there's another school tiring day waiting for me.
 
*At school*
Suzy's POV
"I hate you! Don't you know how worried am I and you wouldn't even reply on my messages" I said pouting at IU. "I'm sorry! Mianhe! It was just I'm so tired yesterday and I thought that it was Fei who texted me but when I red it, it was too late." she explained. "I'm just kidding! But I'm really worried about you and I can't even take a nap." I said back at her. "Here’s the story, while going home, there's a handsome guy following me and ask if where is the nearest bus station so I take him there." she stopped and suddenly her eyes become so wide and shouted "HE'S VERY HANDSOME!"
 
Gikwang's POV
I saw IU, my childhood friend and Suzy outside our classroom. It's like their arguing but they've already fixed it so I come close to them. As I walked towards them IU shouted "HE'S VERY HANDSOME” so I asked her "who’s that 'totally handsome guy you're talking about?" IU look shocked but then she answered stuttering "a-a-uhhmm... I-it’s just a st-stranger I just met l-last night.” Why is she stuttering? Is she not telling me something? Or maybe there's another guy she's having a crush on but it's seems personal so I'm not going to ask more. I ask her what happen last night and she answers me directly that she just help someone last night then goes inside the classroom with Suzy. Maybe that's the handsome guy she's talking about then I also headed in classroom.
 
No one's POV
Mr. Kim goes inside the classroom with a new student. "Class we have a transfer student so treat him nicely" Mr. Kim said. I'm Jang Wooyoung 17 years old. I'm glad to meet you all!" The girls can't stop murmuring in their seats talking about Wooyoung but IU and Suzy are not listening cause their busy talking about the handsome guy she help last night. "You may seat beside IU, the girl with a long-hair and with blue-rimmed eye glasses." Mr. Kim said "thank you sir" Wooyoung said and bowed at his teacher.
 
IU's POV
I felt someone sit beside me (right side) but I didn't mind that and continue talking to Suzy. Someone poke me and said "I thought I'll never going to see you IU!" I was shocked because how he knew my name so I face him and oh GOSH, am I imagining things maybe I've been thinking about him ALOT. I heard someone cleared his/ so I snapped back at myself. I can imagine myself blushing, and then I heard Suzy whisper "Do you two know each other?” "He’s the handsome guy I helped last night! Does his face look like a prince?" I whisper back. Suzy was dumbfounded when she saw Wooyoung. "Me too! I thought I'll never see you but for now we should listen to Mr. Kim before we chit chat because he's so strict." I said to Wooyoung and we remained silent.
 
*2 hours later (lunch break)*
 
Gikwang's POV
I see that the transfer student is close to IU. Did they met somewhere or is he the 'handsome-guy' she's talking about because it can't be a childhood friend cause I never forgot our friends when we we're small. Arrgghh... It's so frustrating, am I jealous? No... It can't be.... "Let's have lunch together 'Kikwangie~~' ahahahah!!" IU said. "I'll go with you but please don't call me with that when we we're at public." I pleaded at her. "But it's been a long time since I called you that and actually it sounds so cute. Ahahahah!" she said. I thanked her and I said that I'll treat her for lunch then her eyes went wide and said "jinja? (Really) thank you very much that's why I really love you." she hugged me. BADUM-BADUM-BADUM. Crap! My heart beats really fast, what do I do? I point into something then pushed her away, she looks at me blankly and she said "Gikwang... Why does you heart goes 'BADUM-BADUM-BADUM' like there's a marching band inside it?" I feel like there are so many butterflies on my stomach. "Uhhmm... I'm just hungry! Ahahahah! So are you coming or not" I said with a soft laugh. "IU... Can I come with you?" Wooyoung said. I don't like him being close to IU so I said "NO! Yo-.." IU cut my sentence and pulled Wooyoung close to us and she said "of course, you can! Right Gikwang?" I can't do anything but to agree. "By the way, Wooyoung he's my childhood friend Gikwang and Gikwang this is Wooyoung." she introduce us to each other. "Araso! Araso! I'm really hungry! So don't just stand there." I talked back and walk through the door.
 
Suzy's POV
"ARRGGHH! I can't come with IU this lunch because there's so many things I need to do. *sigh*" As I follow Mr. Kim going to the teachers office, he keeps on talking and talking about his plans on our class and he ordered me to write the class attendance and lastly, sort all the files of the students in his desk and bring it to the principal. ARRGGHH! So many things to do.!
 
Wooyoung's POV
"Here we are, at the canteen!" IU said beaming at me but her friend Gikwang gives me a strongly gaze. Maybe it's a wrong move to invite IU whenever Gikwang is around. I can feel that he's a little bit jealous about me and IU. I don't know what's happening to me, whenever I see IU or she is around, I can feel my face temperature increases and my heart beats fast. "Wooyoung? Is there something bothering you? Cause you've been staring blankly at the ceiling." IU asks me but instead of answering her I just absent-mindedly nodded at her and I didn't know why did I do that?
 
IU's POV
Wooyoung is acting a bit strange right now and I know that if a person is nervous, pressured or having a problem acts like that. We found a table where we can eat but Gikwang and Wooyoung are both silent so I try to lighten up the mood and said "even if Gikwang said that he'll treat me. Well... I change my mind and I'll be the one who will treat you guys." but then "NO WAY! Let me treat you!" the two said in unison with a loaded voice and catches the attention of the other students at the canteen. Is there something that I don't know happening with this two? Gikwang first approach me and said "I'll treat you for today, no other day but only for today and besides I'm the first one who said to treat you." then I stand up, I tried to stop him to buy but he wouldn't let of so I'll just sit there and wait. After a minute, Wooyoung speaks "IU wait for me! I'll give you something." and leave me alone so I guess I have to wait for the both of them to return.
 
*before their lunch break*
 
 
"Miss" Wooyoung called Suzy. "Hi there, my name is Suzy and you're Wooyoung right?" she said "I can see that you and IU are close. Do you mind telling me her favorite food because I'd like to thank her for helping me yesterday" Wooyoung whispered at Suzy and she looked puzzled then answered him. "When it comes to ice cream, her favorite is strawberry and vanilla and for food she likes lasagna with ginger bread, that's it!" she smiles proudly because she remembered her best friend’s favorite food. "Gomawo! (Thank you) good bye and thank you again." then Wooyoung left Suzy.
 
 
Gikwang's POV
I saw IU sitting alone, where's Wooyoung? Nah.! Never mind him. I'm done buying 'lasagna, ginger bread and strawberry milk shake, and for me just a burger and ice tea. She called me so I come quickly. After I sit, I saw her pouting "why are you pouting? Is there something happen after I left?" I said and handed her lunch.  "No. Nothing happened. *waving her hand in front of her as a sign of nothing*" "by the way, where's Wooyoung?" I asked while eating. "He said that he’ll buy something and left me here" she said coldly and started to eat her lasagna. "Uhhmm... IU do you mind if I ask you something?" she just nodded and I let a sigh "Is Wooyoung courting you?" I stare at her flushed face and continuously sipping her strawberry milk shake. "BWOHH! No he's not! I've just met him last night... Waeyo?" she sound a bit startled. I replied nothing and speaking of the devil, there he goes holding 3 big ice creams.
 
Wooyoung's POV
I bought 3 big ice creams for the three of us. Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. I'll let IU pick what she wants. Gikwang was back from buying their lunch and they are eating peacefully. I come closer to them and I saw how wide IU's eyes and her beautiful smile when she saw me holding the ice cream but why does Gikwang raising an eyebrow on me? Aigoo! Better not to look at him right now.
 
IU's POV
I saw Wooyoung with 3 big ice creams and he wants me to pick which flavor I like so I picked my favorite STRAWBERRY. I heard Gikwang chuckle when Wooyoung give him a vanilla ice cream. I was so embarrass when he asked me if Wooyoung was courting me, if only he knew what I felt for him... He wouldn't even dare to say that. Wooyoung was just a new friend so I need to accompany him until he find some friends and be familiar with our school. I shook my head to remove the silly thoughts. I was going to hug Wooyoung, I want to thank him for buying me an ice cream but Gikwang grab my wrist and pulled me back at my chair. "Yah!! What's with you?" I mumble at him but he just shook his head and eat again normally. 
We're done eating our food, as we stood up, a very pretty girl grab Gikwang's arm. I don't know but my blood is starting to boil. "Yeobo! (Honey) I thought you're going to come with me this lunch? Ahhh... Never mind that but don't forget you owe me a lunch tomorrow! Bye bye yeobo." the pretty girl said to him sweetly. After I heard that, my body feels like frozen and I can hear someone is calling of but I don't care who the hell is he. When I came back on my senses I burst out running outside the cafeteria and go straight to the rooftop where there are no students staying. As I reach through the rooftop I can't hold back my tears anymore and let it all out. Honey? Are they dating or are they already together? Wait... Why am I crying in here in the first place? Gikwang and I don’t have any relationship but when I heard the voice of that girl, my heart was aching, and its like many bees are stinging it.
 
Suzy's POV
I receive a text message from Gikwang that IU suddenly run away, teary-eyed and no where to be found so I search for her in everywhere but still cannot find her. I saw Wooyoung going down from the rooftop and he looks sad. "Uhhmm... Excuse me... Did you see IU?" I ask him and he nodded "she's at the rooftop. She's crying her heart out. I don't really know what to do" he said in a low voice. "Okay! Thank you" I ran upstairs. I saw IU crying and Wooyoung said was true... She's crying her heart out. "Babo (stupid) why are you crying? I receive a text from Gikwang that you.-" She cut me off and said "let's not talk about him. Okay?" she said while sobbing "no! Now I know what's the reason why are you crying! What happened? He didn't accept your confession? Mallhale! (Tell me) how I can understand you?" she inhaled deeply and grab my hand. "H-he’s... D-dating someone. I don't know if they're already together. She even called Gikwang 'yeobo' in front of everybody in the cafeteria." she continues to cry. "That’s what I'm saying every time we talk about him. JUST CONFESS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES and now here you are crying because he's dating someone or maybe his girlfriend already" I yelled at her but I'm not mad. She doesn't reply on what I said so I just patted her back until she gets better. After of some minutes, she stops from sobbing and look to me. She looks terrible, her eyes we're puffy red and she's really pale too. "I'm very sorry IU! There's nothing that I can do, we can't separate them just for you to be happy, so think about it" I left her to make her mind clear.
 
 
Gikwang's POV
I received a text from Suzy that she found IU but she doesn't texted me where they are. Lunch break is over and the class is about to start. Suzy just made it in time. I tried to grab her hand but she avoided it. Is there something I did wrong? Is IU okay? I called Wooyoung in his seat, he looked a little bit sad. "Man! Do you know where IU is?" I gazed at him. "Mianhe, jeongmal Mianhe but I can't tell you where is IU right now. I'm sorry man!" he said and looked away. Aisshh! I'm starting to get pissed with these people. Why they can't tell me where is IU? Did I do something bad to her? I'm very worried about her; she didn't even go to our class.