I understand you now

Because of You
Suzy's POV
I can't come to school today cause Taecyeon's grandparents wants me to join them in their vacation house. "hey! It isn't our vacation so why are we here?" I asked Taecyeon. "I don't know with my grandparents but they said that our teachers allowed you to come with us." He replied, I wonder what excuse does his grandparents made. "Taecyeon do you still remember your childhood friends? Jieun and Wooyoung." his grandma muttered. What? He knows Wooyoung? I fished out the idea and think that there are many Wooyoung living here and there. "excuse me but by any chance, did your friend Wooyoung has a surname of Jang?" I watched him close and his face was shocked. "how did you know him?" he chime in. "well... Yeah! He's my classmate this year. I'll tell him to meet with you." his eyes look excited. "I'm looking forward to it but still not save from what you did to me last time." he said to me playfully but as I remembered what happened he looked so embarrassed. I really didn't mean to do those things to him though he deserves it cause  I was still mad at him from what he did to me last time.
 
*flashback (Suzy finally meet Taecyeon's grandparents at dinner )*
I help Taecyeon's grandma to served the food we've made earlier. When I was closed to Taecyeon, I accidentally slipped and seaweed was spread all over Taecyeon's face. To top all of that, the fish stew in his table, which in front of him, he suddenly sneezed on them so the soup burst out everywhere. I don't know if I should laugh or help him clear his mess or mostly done by my mess. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean that" his anger was palpable but he can't do something to me with his grandparents are here. I give him an apologetic look while wiping off his face. His grandpa was laughing at him but not to loud. "I guess we need to wait for our dinner to be served AGAIN!" Taecyeon delivered with sternness and emphasizing the word 'again'. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry for my clumsiness. "no, it's okay Suzy, it was the seaweeds fault to spread all over his face" his grandpa was really laughing his heart out. I, too smile at his joke. Taecyeon was not giving any expression in his eyes but I can sense that his planning his revenge. Our food was out and we're all famished. Taecyeon was still not talking to me, it was fine with me though we're acting that we are in love with each other but we're not talking? How will his grandparents believe us. "I hope you have a good time with us." his grandma said. "I really enjoy this night Mrs. Ok." I bowed at her.
"Since you'll be part of our family, you can call me grandma." she said. Well... I have nothing to say and bowed again then Taecyeon drove me back at my house. The drive was quite and Taecyeon was still not talking. "are you still mad at me?" I come out with. "Let's just say that I'll do something about it so watch out" he threatened. I'm not scared of what will you do but I really want to make him smile cause the whole evening for him was like nightmare, he's not even smiling or just talking. "Look, I'm very sorry for what happened but I didn't intend to do that in front of them." I said to him and my voice is very small. "Let's forget about it okay? I don't want to argue, I'm not feeling well since this morning." he speaks so coldly. "You'd better take a rest, I'm not used to a very silent brat. So please smile now, please?" I tried to put my all cuteness that lives with my body to said that. He grin but then he said something "here we are," he said nonchalantly. He went out and opened the door for me. He's really sick right now. He never been so kind to me. "Thank you, and I'm sorry." I said at him. He beams at me, really unTaecyeon, he waves his hands at me while I'm heading inside our house. He bid his good bye and he went off.
 
*end of flashback*
 
Taecyeon's POV
Grandma suggested to plan our engagement party, this pretending thing was getting far away all of a sudden. I said to her that we don't want to be engage properly because we're still young and I reasoned out that we want to know more about each other. Here we are at our vacation house because of my stupid reason. Grandma said that it is good to Suzy to know where did I spend most of my childhood. I really don't want to go back here. The memories of my parents are still fresh from my mind. "there was a time when Taecyeon was in grade school and he went home crying. We asked him and he answered that his classmates called him 'alien' because he doesn't get along with his classmates and his classmates said that he has his own planet." grandma told to Suzy. I can't do anything about it but to be embarrassed. "my classmates called me that also when I was in grade school. I just shrugged them off and by the time passes they've stop calling me that name." Suzy said. Is she telling the truth or she want to share the embarrassment with me? Suzy grin at me and sit close to me. She holds my hands and I flushed red. Why is she doing this? "No matter what they call Taecyeon, I'll love him for the rest of my life. Even though that we have known for a brief time. Marriage is about trust and by the time passes, we can get to know more about each other. I'm not saying that we should marry as soon as possible but I have to finish my college and get a stable job before I marry the man I love. I don't want to be a burden to him. I want to help him for our living when we got married" Suzy explained to grandma. "I know that you two are too young but I can see that you will take care of our grandson when we are not in this world anymore. Don't worry because we'll looked after you up there" "Don't say stupid thing grandma! It will took long before you leave me." I shouted at her. "Don't be silly Taecyeon. I'm just telling the truth and you should be independent. When that time comes, you can take care of you own family." grandma uttered. I stand up from my seat and head to my bedroom when I was a child. Nothing change on my bedroom. It was well preserved by the maids. My trophy from my entire quiz bee contest when I was in grade school are all shiny, not even a dust can you see or touch in it. As I remember my childhood, suddenly my tears pour down. I also remember my parents. How they took care of me, my father who teach me how to play basketball, my mother who always teach me and helps me on my homework and The two of them told bedtime stories then tuck me on my bed. I missed my parents, Mama and Papa you always say that the both of you will never left me but you just broke your promise. I was currently at my own reverie when someone went inside my room. "are you okay Taecyeon?" her voice reminded me my mother. The light from outside blinded me so I can't see her face, only her figure. "mom?" I whispered. I ran immediately at her and hugged her very tightly. I don't want to lose my one and only mother so I hold her tight. She clasp my hand and guided me to my bed. There she was seating while I'm lying on her lap. "Never ever leave me again! I want you to fulfill your promise to me that you'll never leave me!" I shouted while sobbing on her lap. She caressing my head and then I fell on a deep slumber.
 
 
Suzy's POV
My heart fell down when Taecyeon thought that I was her mom. He looks so vulnerable and anytime he may breakdown so I went close to him then dragged him to his bed. He was hugging me tightly. He slept on my lap but he still was sobbing. I never thought that this very rude guy can be so vulnerable like this. I watched him sleeping and sometimes he uttered some words. It was past 12 o'clock in the evening and I was sleepy. I can't leave him here alone. I want him to be on my side. I fell asleep too on his side. 
 
"What are you doing here? Why are you in my room?" Taecyeon shouted, loud enough for the whole house to hear. "Grandma said that I should sleep with you because the guest room was not yet cleaned." I lied at him. I went out immediately at his room and headed to the bathroom. I showered for a while and went down after I change my clothes.  "Good morning Suzy!" Taecyeon's grandma greeted me. I give her a light nod and went to the kitchen. "Where did you sleep last night? I visited your room but you're not there." she asked me. My eyes went wide. I don't have a choice but to tell the truth. "I slept on Taecyeon's bedroom but nothing happened. I'll explain to you what happened after breakfast so can you please not tell him that you've forgot to tell the maids to clean the guest room." I gave her my puppy dog eyes. "Okay! Just make sure that nothing happened last night!" she said and I gave her a smile. "Grandma! Grandpa was waiting at the dining table for breakfast. You too Suzy, go to the dining table. I'll just get the orange juice at the refrigerator." Taecyeon came out somewhere. He gave me a grin but I just shrugged it off. While waiting for Taecyeon to arrive with the juice, his grandfather grilled me with questions about my family. Oh my! I thought that I already made it through with this at the last dinner. Taecyeon came out of the kitchen with an orange juice. "Grandma, why didn't you tell the maids to clean the guest room?" he asked. I gasp and hold my breath. "I forgot." she answered briefly and she winked at me. Taecyeon's grin got much bigger. I stand from my seat and came to Taecyeon to get the orange juice. While he was handing it to me, I accidentally brushed my hands to his. He withdraws immediately making the orange juice wiggle on my hands. "What’s you're problem?" I whispered to him. He just gives me a smug face and went to his seat. Sometimes I can't understand this guy. 
 
Taecyeon's POV
After breakfast grandma went at the backyard with Suzy. I'm sure they are hiding things to me. I asked the maids if they cleaned the guest room and they said that they always clean it even without guest. I don't understand grandma why she was making excuses for Suzy. I followed them and they were sitting at the bench. I hide at the back of the tree to listen to their conversation.  "Here’s what happened." Suzy breathe out heavily "I followed him at his room and I was surprised that he was crying. When I got in, he hugs me and called me 'MOM'. He thought I was his mother." I can't believe what I am hearing. She's the one who was with me all the night? I don't want to listen anymore and walk out quietly back to my room. Walking back, Grandpa saw me and invited me for a tea to help ease my digestion.  "I smell something fishy" he said. "What do you mean?" "About earlier, I always remind the maid to clean the guest room so if-" I cut him off. "It’s okay! Besides Suzy was my girlfriend and soon to be fiancé." "That what I'm worried about did something happen between the two of you?" I nearly burst my tea from my mouth.  "No!" he gave me a puzzled face. "If you said so," we continued drinking our tea. Suzy went inside and she gave me a half smile. I stand on my seat and dragged her to my room. "Hey! What are you doing?" she asked. "Just bear with it until we reach my bedroom." she kept silent until we reach my bedroom. "Why did you lie to me?" I asked. "I don't understand you!" "Okay! Let's start from this question, why did you sleep at my room?" "As I said earlier, the guest room was no-" "It's not true! I asked the maids and they said that they always clean It." she looked a bit shocked. "I liked to stay with you. I can't leave you last night!" she shouted. "Oh thank you! But Why?" I said keeping my poker face. "Do you really want to know?" she said. "I do." "Well... Last night I saw you crying when I went to your room-" I cut her off "I already know that you saw me cried last night and I thought  that you we're my mother. But why didn't you tell me earlier?" My tried to sound stable but my voice betrays me. "Because I don't want to remind you what happened last night, I can't bear to see you on that state. Even if we're just acting, I feel so concerned for you!" I was dumbfounded of what she says and I stand still. I never felt this sympathy for years, my parents was only concerned from me. "If there's nothing for you to say, I'll go downstairs now!" she turned her back on me. I pulled her wrist and matched her teary eyed with mine. "No! Don't leave me! Please stay for a while." she didn't reply but she hugged me tight. "I don't know if they call this love or it's just sympathy but I want to take care of you for the rest of my life." she said out of the blue. "I think we should go downstairs before your grandparents thinks that we're doing something." she asked. "Just go downstairs and I'll just follow." I said to her with an assuring smile. She went out of my room and I'm all alone again but the feeling of being left out is not there cause I know that Suzy was there for me. I hope what she said was true, I don't know what was the feeling of being loved before she showed it to me but who knows if she was feeling a little sympathy for me. I dose off while gathering my mind. 
 
"Taecyeon! Wake up! Lunch is ready! Grandpa was waiting outside. If you don't get out within five minutes I'll be getting the crap all out of you!" Suzy knocked hardly and shouted to the door.  "Okay! Okay! I'm coming!" I answered.