Forgive and Forget

Because of You

Authors note:
I'm so sorry for  not updating. I've been busy studying for years!. We all know that college is not that easy right?  but still... thank you for reading this

 

IU's POV

 I wake up from the loud ringing of my alarm clock. It's already 8:45 am. I have to meet Wooyoung at the park to clarify all what have my Harabeoji said last night. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth then went downstairs to fetch some breakfast and rapidly went to our meeting place. I arrived there and saw Wooyoung. We're both nervous I think.

"Uhhmm..." we said in unison.

“You first!" he said. I don't know how to say this but what if he didn't even know.

"Wooyoung, do you mind if I ask you something personal?" he nodded.

"What’s the reason of your mom and dad are divorce?" I said to him calmly. He looks so nervous than to me.
 

"IU, that's the other reason why I came here. To tell the reason why my mom and dad broke up. I just figured it out last night, I asked my father about their divorce and he said that it was just a big misunderstanding. I already know that your grandfather and your father blame Dad for the accident happened to your mother but that's not the truth. My Dad and your mother wasn't dating or going out. Your mother keeps on seeing my dad because he's lending some money to your mother to start a new business. They meet just for the old times’ sake, my dad said. My mom misunderstood it too. She said that your mother and Dad had an affair so she file a divorce papers and that's the reason why my mom and dad divorce." he stated.


I knew it. His family shouldn't be blame for the accident.

 "Is that what you're going to say?" I said to him. He still looks nervous- more nervous than earlier.

"Uhhmm... If I say this to you, will you tell me that you'll still be mine and not be affected by it? I'm just saying that past is past so we should not be influenced by it. Please promise me." He come out with.

"I can't promise until I hear it?" I say.

"It’s okay, I'm good no matter what it'll come out. Just always remember that I will always love you." Wooyoung wasn't moving at all and sighing every minute.

"What is it? You're making me nervous." I said.

"Don’t get shocked but I know who killed your mother... It's my mom IU. I'm very sorry. I know it's hard to-" I cut him off.

"You’re kidding right? Tell me you're only joking." I said nearly into tears. He was staring at the ground then nodded. I can't imagine it. I don't know what to say.

"Wooyoung I have to think for a while. I don't know what I need to do at this moment. I'm sorry Wooyoung but I'm leaving for now. Don't worry. I'll think about it and always remember that I will love you because of you are who you are and I'm not going to judge you by some mistake of others." I said that and leave immediately the park.

 I can't cry hard enough cause I've never been that close to my mother and to my father but it feels like betraying my own family. I need someone to get this out. Should I talk to Donghae oppa? He knows what to do about it because he's not a judgmental person and there's always forgiveness in his heart. I went back to our house and the tears are just there, not falling down but when I thought that Wooyoung and I has to be apart, it falls down immediately. I really love him more than anyone else.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I went immediately to Donghae oppa's room. He's in his bed typing something in his laptop. I came close and he placed his laptop at the bedside table.  

"Why are you crying? It is still about the truth to Wooyoung's parents?" I nodded and he gestures to me to sit beside him at the bed.

"Tell me..." he said calmly.

“Oppa, I already knew who killed our mother" he smiled bitterly.

"How did you know?"

"Just listen to me first before asking a question cause I'm so nervous what will you react about this. The one who killed our mother was Wooyoung's mother. Wooyoung confessed it to me earlier and I don't know what to do. I think that you should know it first before grandpa. I know that he'll go crazy about this." Donghae oppa just laugh at me.

"It sure makes grandpa crazy if he will find out about it." Oppa just said.

"You're not angry?" I asked.

"A bit but I already forgive & forget everything about it. I'm not saying that I don't care but I know that God have plans and he has no bad intention to do it." He just smiled at me bitterly.

"Are we telling it to Grandpa?" I said and suddenly the door swung open.

"Of course you're going to tell me about it!" Grandpa shouted. I was speechless. What am I going to do?

"Lee Jieun... It's okay... I know that I'm angry about it but I already forget it. Wooyoung's father called me and explained everything. He said that he just found out last night. Everything starts with a misunderstanding then it became a blur after that it all went out. We can't blame Wooyoung's mother for doing that. She was just trying to protect her family" Grandpa explained.

I'm so relieved because I thought that grandpa wouldn't understand it but I was so wrong. 

"Don't tell me that you know about it already oppa?" I asked Donghae oppa. He just nod.

I know I can't smile right now cause still... Grandpa might be not fond of my relationship with Wooyoung.

"Harabeoji... I was just wondering if Wooyoung and I can be still in a relationship. I'm not taking no as an answer cause I really love him" I stated strongly. Grandpa laughed at me.

"You sure are stubborn when it comes to love just like your brother... maybe it's in our blood" Grandpa joked

"Grandpa!!!" Donghae oppa whined.