Chapter twenty six

You and I

Krystal woke up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee and toast. She opened her eyes slowly, adjusting her vision to her surrounding before trying to move. Then gingerly she started to uncoil herself from the sofa and sat up. She instinctively rubbed her eyes and then stretched like a cat to straighten out any kinked muscles. And how did her muscle ached after sleeping the night out in the living room instead of the nice comfy and cozy bed. Then she remembered last night’s incident and started to blush again. She placed her hands on her face and they were burning. She was quite sure that what she felt brushing against her stomach last night was Taemin’s … her thoughts were trailing on those lines when from behind her, she heard a cough. When she turned, she saw Taemin sitting at the small dining table sipping coffee in his bathrobe. He saluted her with his cup of coffee and smiled before inviting her for breakfast. Horrified because he caught her waking up late and mortified at the things she was thinking earlier, she quickly said that she needed to go to the bathroom first.

Taemin thought her assistant was cute and he chuckled while sipping his coffee. Cute? He stopped   himself for awhile.  Wait a minute! When did he start thinking his assistant as cute? For three years, he never looked nor was interested in any other women beside Choi Sulli. He had even remained celibate for the whole three years because he was a one woman man. Yes! That must be it, he thought. He had been celibate for a very long time, so that was why when she was close, his body freaked out. He was nodding to himself when Krystal finally emerged from the bedroom looking fresh and more collected.

She joined him at the table and looked at the breakfast spread instead of her boss. She was spreading some butter on her toast, when Taemin asked her about the day’s schedule while handing her a cup of coffee. She took the cup and gently placed it in front of her before answering.

“We will be leaving to see the fashion designer Key of the Almighty Key for our fittings. I have given them our measurements so I don’t think we’ll have any problem with our costume. He’s expecting us around noon. We’ll be having lunch with him, if it’s okay with you, oppa?”

As she prattled on the schedule, Taemin was only listening half heartedly because he was looking at her face, really looking at her face this time. He never noticed how pretty her eyes were and how charming her smile was when she speaks to him. Sulli’s beautiful but he realized that his assistant was also pretty in her own homey way. Then he realized that he was looking at his assistant as a woman and not his staff, he chuckled and shook his head. This definitely was a surprised to him. Maybe she sensed it too, that’s why she slept on the sofa instead of the bed last night. He then decided to forget about the matter and concentrate on his breakfast.

Krystal finished eating breakfast first and went to change in the bathroom. She was wearing jeans, a white tube and an oversized white shirt with a pair of comfortable red snickers. Her hair was tied up in a pony tail and she topped it with a black army cap. She was wearing sunglasses and her face was bare. There was only a trace of lip gloss on her lips, he noticed. Taemin then went to change too. He decided he would also wear jeans today. He paired it with a light pink long-sleeved shirt and a smart-looking vest. He rolled the sleeves neatly up to his elbow and picked up a dark brown fedora and sunglasses to complete his attire. After that, they went down to their awaiting car.

When they arrived at Key’s place, Krystal was greeted enthusiastically by Key. He hugged her and gave her a kiss on each cheek before turning to Taemin and extending his hand to young man. The designer gave him an overall scrutinizing look. While the latter zeroed in the familiarity between the designer and his assistant. He was not too happy to see how Key’s arm was still around Krystal slim waist.

“Omo! Krystal!  He’s really good-looking like you said on the phone”, he exclaimed loudly to her embarrassment.

“Oppa! Err … let’s go and see the clothes, OK?”, she said while pulling Key away from his inspection of Taemin before he says something else that would embarrass her.

Hmmm! Interesting. Taemin never thought that Krystal would describe him as good-looking. He was learning more about his assistant in these few days than the three years she was working for him. His interest about her peaked and he didn’t realize that his mind was not on Sulli anymore