Chapter twenty eight

You and I

Sulli wondered why his cousin wanted to see her today at his mother’s house. Maybe he wanted to talk about Minho and the thought caused her brows to furrow deep. She was still shocked by the meeting with him a couple of weeks ago but so far she had done a good job avoiding the hospital. She had even had sacrificed her friendship with Taemin oppa in order to survive but for how long. Unless she plans to re-locate herself, sooner or later they were bound to meet each other. Problem was, she couldn’t leave.

Then suddenly at the corner of her eyes, she saw a glimpse of someone trying hard to hide behind the sofa she was seating. She pretended not to see and went on flipping the magazine she was browsing just now. She saw the little boy creeping slowly and waited for the right moment. Before he could scare her, she jumped and surprised him first.  The little boy was taken by surprise and fell on his behind. Sulli quickly tackled him to the floor and went on to tickle his ribs. The boy was squealing and squirming, trying to get away.

“Sulli Omma! Stop! Hahahaha! … Sulli Omma!”, the little boy called out for Sulli to stop tickling him. So, she stopped and gave him a big hug.

“Young master Choi! What were you trying to do just now?”, she asked in mock anger. The little boy giggled and gave her a kiss on the cheek instead.

“Aigoo! This boy. Where’s your halmeoni?” she asked the little boy fondly.

“In the kitchen with Omma. She wants you to eat lunch with us, Sulli Omma”, the boy answered. Then he squealed and jumped out of her arms and screamed, “ Samhchon!”.

Sulli looked up to see his cousin Jonghun at the door and he was patting the boy’s head as the latter had wrapped his arms around his legs.

“Come the both of you. Lunch is ready”, he said smiling to Sulli. He untangled his nephew from his legs and held the boy’s hand with his left hand while extending his right to Sulli. She took his hand and was surprised when he pulled her close and puts his arm around her waist. She wanted to break free but Jonghun was already walking forward with the little boy, so she had no choice but to walk along.

When they got to the dining room, his mother and sister were looking at the both of them sheepishly. Though Jonghun never told them about his feelings towards Sulli but the both of them have suspected as much.

“Aigoo! The three of you looked like a happy family” his mother exclaimed teasingly while his sister laughed.

“You think so too, sis?” Jonghun asked his sister and she nodded enthusiastically.

Then he turned to Sulli and said “Princess Ssul, I think so too. Will you marry me?”