Chapter fifteen

You and I

The music was playing and the room was filled with the scent of strawberries from the candles. Sulli slowly stepped into the middle of the room, feet dragged, head bowed and fingers clenched. Her heart was sinking… she was betrayed. Her shoulders were heavy but her heart was heavier. She could hear rushing footsteps from behind but she didn’t care.

Minho saw his lover’s form in the middle of the room. His heart went out for her. He was sorry, so sorry. He rushed behind her with arms open and hugged her from the back. Her body felt warm but her actions were cold.

She knew it was him; the source of her joy until today. His arms felt good around her, they were strong and they were beautiful. But she had to resist and resist hard she would. With all the strength that she posses, she tore herself from him.

He could feel her resisting and finally broke free from him. He followed her, shadowed her actions wanting to be one again with her. Until she stopped, turned and looked at him with sad eyes. She lifted her hand and touched the side of his face. The touched burned a trail on his face. He closed his eyes and his head instinctively followed her hand. For a moment, he rested his cheek on the open palm of her hand. Willing her heart to come back to him. Wishing he could heal the wound. Wanting to take away all the pain he caused. He opened his eyes to tell her this but she turned away.

She had to turn away. Those eyes would undo her. His hands were now spanning her waist, holding her gently but firmly. They swayed together lost in the music but she snapped out of it, took his hands and pushed them away.

He looked at his bare hands. He had lost her he thought and fell down to his knees. His arms stretched out to her, calling her to be close to him but she was pining alone in front of him. She too fell to the floor. He had to go to her.

Minho touched her shoulders and helped her stand. He looked deeply into the eyes of the woman he loves and took her left hand, kissed the opened palm and placed it on his chest. He wanted her to know that his heart was beating for her. Without her, he will be lost.

Sulli looked at his eyes and saw his plead. His kiss was soft, sincere and full of regrets. She then smiled a little smile.

A smile of hope for the both of them. Minho was elated, he lifted her high and then they danced together in unison until the song faded away. At last, she was back in his arms again.