Chapter four

You and I

Sulli has been a dongsaeng  to him since he could remember but somehow after her mom’s death, she changed. Changed in his eyes at least. She was always a happy and playful girl. Always ready with smiles and everybody loved her. He adored her but after ahjumma’s death; she has a certain maturity that caught him by surprise. He found it attractive and even seductive. This was very confusing to him and he was avoiding her in order to school his thoughts first before meeting her. But right now, she was in front of him and he, Jonghun, the president of Nu’est Hotel, was flustered and felt like a young high school boy facing his first crush. Ottokaji?

He gathered his thoughts and managed a reply, “Aniyo! There’s nothing wrong with your makeup Ssul. Anyway, why are you here?”

“ I’m hungry oppa. Can you treat me lunch?” Sulli asked sweetly.

“Lunch? Oh? Ah-yeh! OK!” he answered. Rather awkwardly, he thought. He has to get a grip of himself.

He tried again. “Yes, let’s have lunch. I will make up for last night dinner. OK?” Better this time, he thought, congratulating himself. “ What do you want to eat?” he went on.

After deciding on sashimi, he called his secretary to make a reservation for lunch at the Japanese restaurant downstairs. They were walking to the elevator together and Sulli took Jonghun’s left arm in the crook of her right arm. She walked with a slight bounce and he realized that he didn’t mind her height nor the joy he was feeling right then having her close with him. There and then, he decided to acknowledge his newborn feelings towards Sulli. He also decided that he will always protect her and he will never break her heart.

The doors of the elevator closed suddenly and a surprised Sulli was nearly trapped between them. With lightning reflex, Jonghun quickly pulled her in by her left shoulder and she ended up being enclosed in his arms. He felt air whooshed out of his lungs as Sulli rested her head on his shoulder, trying to recover from the incident.  His hand went up involuntarily to hold her head and started her long flowing hair slowly. He could smell daisies.

“Ssul, gwenchana?” he asked.

“Neh oppa! I was a bit surprised but thanks to you, I was saved from the jaws of death.” She said with a little laugh. She then untangled herself from his arms. He felt a bit lonely.

“Oppa! You are really great guy you know. You should smile often and stop scowling all the time. No wonder you don’t have a girlfriend yet!” she said smiling towards him.

“Don’t you have somebody you like? You would be happier off you know?” she said jokingly.

“I do.” Jonghun replied shortly.

Sulli was surprised by the answer and genuinely happy with her oppa’s sudden confession.

“Bwo? Dugu? Tell me, oppa? Who is she? Who’s the lucky girl?” she barraged him with questions.

“Pinmi. It’s a secret. I will tell you when it’s time.” he smiled.

“Right now, it’s sashimi time. Khajah!” cutting off her questions and led her to the restaurant.