Chapter six

You and I

Minho was studying the charts and also the x-ray film of the patient in front him while sensing his little sister’s eyes were anxiously looking at him for answers.

“Taemin-shi, you had a very nasty fall. You have twisted your right ankle and three of your toes are fractured. Fortunately for you, with a cast and time to rest and heal, you will be back to your normal self in no time.” explained Minho. He then looked at his sister and gave her a small nod to assure her that her boss was going to be fine.

“After this, one of my nurses will take you to the orthopedic department to put your cast on. So, please rest for now. I will take my leave then”, he said politely.

“Thank you, doctor”, Taemin said.

Krystal waited for her brother to turn and face her before talking to him.

“Oppa, gumbawo. Thank you for looking after Taemin oppa on my request. I know that this is not your department”.

“Aniyo”, Minho said while ruffling Krystal’s head. “I am glad to help. It’s only my first week here, and my surgery schedules will only start the day after tomorrow. Send my love to Omma will you?”

“Neh! Oppa. Thanks again”, Krystal said smilingly.

The tall doctor then went out leaving only Taemin and Krystal together in the room. She went near to the bed and started fussing with the bed sheet and pillows.

“Krystal, what are you doing? Please sit down”, Taemin ordered.

“It seemed that I have made you very worried. I am going to be fine”

“Who is that anyway? Why are you calling him oppa?” he queried.

“Ahhh! That’s my elder brother, Minho. He just started working here as the head surgeon. I personally asked him to look at your case”, she explained.

“I see. No wonder I have never seen him before. Errr! Come to think of it, I don’t know much about your family either. Mianhe, Krystal”, said Taemin apologetically.

“Gwenchana, Taemin-oppa”, answered Krystal.

She then busied herself with unpacking Taemin’s stuff. While doing that, she was pondering on things between Taemin and her.

Oppa, if you have taken the time to really get to know me then you would see that right in front you there is someone that loves you with all of her heart. Maybe then, you wouldn’t be the fool pathetically waiting for that girl’s love. I would love to hate her but Sulli did not make him blind with love for her. The girl has made it clear that she does not want to be in a relationship with anyone. I couldn’t hate her anyway. Sulli and I get along well together since we are the same age. It is just sad that Taemin oppa needs to go through this heart ache just because he has a one-track mind when it comes to love. Oppa, I hope one day you can see me for the woman that I am.

Krystal let out a heavy sigh.

The knock on the door broke her line of thinking. A male nurse came with a wheelchair to take Taemin to the orthopedic department. She walked towards the bed with a heavy heart.