Chapter five

You and I

Lying on the cool studio floor, Taemin was trying to shake the dark clouds in his thoughts. Maybe he was over thinking about it but he just couldn’t erase the image of Sulli being taken away from him by that handsome cousin of hers last night at the restaurant. They looked very close and familiar with each other. He was quite sure Sulli was only happy to see her cousin but the look in Jonghun eyes when they met his was more of a territorial one. The man has feelings for Sulli too? Baldu andwe! Sulli belongs with him and he will have to work harder to get her.

Feeling all worked up, he shouted to his assistant, “Krystal! Get me some water. I am thirsty”.

On hearing this, Krystal quickly went to the small see-through fridge, fully stocked with a few selections of beverages and reached for a bottle of vitamin mineral water. She then hurriedly went over to Taemin to pass the bottle.

“Thanks, Krystal. You’re a gem”, said Taemin in a careless manner.

She smiled and went back to sit at the corner of the studio where she usually would be when Taemin was practicing.

From that corner, Krystal watched him drank the water and put the bottle down when half of it was gone. He stood up and started to do some stretching before cueing her to start the music.  Suddenly, the whole studio was filled with energetic music and then the transformation begins.

Krystal loved to see the way his boss dances. As a person, Taemin was seen most of the time as a man-child if there’s a term. But when he dances, he became one with the music and he changed himself accordingly to the need of the beat. Like now, he’s moves were all sharp and edgy. Strong and very dynamic, unlike his normal timid-like self. But something seemed to interrupt his concentration and he started to miss some steps. Definitely, there was something wrong with Taemin. Krystal kept a close eye on him.

Taemin realized he had messed up the steps and he was getting angrier by the minute by the fact that he couldn’t clear his head from the looked that Sulli’s cousin gave him last night. Definitely was not friendly, he decided. Possessive? Or was it more of a warning to him. Taemin was still thinking about it when suddenly while trying to land from a short jump, he fell on the knuckles of his feet and proceeded to twist his right ankle in the process. It didn’t help either when he fell down; he accidentally sat on the twisted ankle. He could feel a sharp pain coursing around his ankle and toes. He couldn’t help but shout in pain.

Krystal was shocked to witness the fall. She quickly ran to help. First, she gingerly help Taemin to unfold his legs to a straight position in order to assess the damage. Taemin was yelping out of pain. It was painful for her to see him hurt like this but it was important for her to make him comfortable and assess the situation.

She then went to get her phone and promptly called SJ hospital for emergency help. After that, she attended to Taemin by making sure he didn’t move unnecessarily. Her heart went out for him.