Chapter thirteen

You and I

Sulli looked at the retreating back of Madam BoA. She was shocked by the scandalous suggestion of her teacher. Lovers? Minho and her? How? Why? There were so many things running through her mind at that time.

“Oppa. Ottoke?”, she asked Minho.

“I’m not sure either Ssul”, Minho answered slowly. He must be in shock too, she realized.

“Come. Why don’t we take a break first”, he suggested.

“Have a sit. I’ll go and get us some cold drinks, neh?”

“Neh, oppa”, she answered. Minho then left the room to go and get some drinks from the vending machine at the cafeteria.

She sat down and started scolding herself inwardly. How stupid was she to think that the teacher wouldn’t notice her lack of emotions during the routine. She sighed heavily. She knew that she needed to separate her personal feelings from the feelings needed in the routine. Can she do it?

It was the second week into the practice that she realized she was really looking forward to see Minho again. In the past week, Minho was very courteous to her and treated her nicely. He was very focused and somewhat intense during dance practice. She could see that the young man was trying his best to learn the steps and she respected him for that. At the same time, as she got to know him better, she was slowly attracted to him. How many times did she catch herself thinking about him in class? How many times did she think of giving him a call just because she wanted to hear his deep voice? How many times did she stop breathing when he touched her during the routine? The only time she gave in to herself was to ask him whether it was alright for her to call him oppa. He said he was happy that she would like to call him oppa and said yes. If Minho was happy, she was ecstatic.

But now, Madam BoA has voiced out her concerns, though she didn’t know why her teacher was really into the dance, she decided that she needed to get a grip of herself and do what’s best for the performance. So what if they had to act like they were lovers. Maybe she should let her emotions bare in this room and Minho will not think she was acting weirdly since to him it was only a pretend anyway.

She took a deep breath and contemplated for awhile about what she wanted to do. Once she has decided, she stood up and walked to the storage room where they put all their stage props for their performances.