Chapter 25

Friendship Never Dies!

Narrattor's poV

[LISTEN TO THIS SONG: FATHER AWAY by the Brave Guys]

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgq7ezDngJ1qd1lcko1_500.gif

Jay went on to read what was being given to him by Nichkhun. As he read, sentence by sentence, his expression becomes so despondent. His tears keeps on dripping down his cheeks bit by bit. Out of a sudden, he break down into tears after reading the last word that is written on the paper. Jay stand up and wipe off his tears but still it just won't stop flowing out. Then his mum hold onto his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

 

"Omma.. tell me this isn't true... Ya'll just wanna scare me don't you??!" Jay raised his voice looking at each and every phrases thinking that it's a joke

"Jay calm down..," his mum told him

"ANIA!!! THSI IS A LIE!!! SHASHA IS NOT DEAD!!!! OMMA!!! I just saw her yesterday!!! She doing fine!!! She'e not dead!!!!" Jay yelled trying to not make the real thing look unreal

"Jay, we know you're feeling the same way but it's true that Shasha has gone to a better place...," his mum calm him down hugging him tightly

"ANDWE!!! THIS CAN'T BE REAL!!! ALL OF YOU ARE LIARS!!!! SHE IS NOT DEAD!!!! I JUST SAW HER YESTERDAY LOOKING SO FINE AS EVER!!! SHE CAN'T BE DEAD!!!! OMMA SHE'S NOT DEAD!!!!! AAARRGGHH!!! SHASHA~~~~~[root himself down to the ground and wail like a little child!!]" Jay cried out loud, can't believe that this actually happened while his mum hug him more tightly to calm his son down

"Jay, calm down dear!! Be strong... be strong...," his mum adviced and comfort him

 

Then, Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Nichkhun give Jay a hug as well. They knew he will be the most devastated one as not only he had broken her heart but Shasha and Jay had spend the most longest friendship apart from all of them. Just imagine loosing your own best friend whom you've spend with more that a couple of years. Jay is feeling so lost, empty, and absolutely nothing compared to last time where he and Shasha are always spending time together. All he did was just cry out loud with full of regrets. All the four friends start crying together upon loosing one of their one and most precious friend. Some feel regret, some feel hurt, some feel like they had never given Shasha enough of their time to spent with and their friendship especially Wooyoung and Taecyeon and Jay.

 

Backto Shasha who is on the plane to LA...

Shasha keeps on looking outside the window since the plane had depature. She is not sure whether she is doing the right thing to go on this overseas operation. But at least she is not going alone. Thanks to Youngjae she has someone to accompany her. She assume that her friend didn't know about her whereabouts as she have a very good reason for choosing this path. She is actually crying in silence. She was so enthusiastic on the way back from Jeju Island as she can't wait to see Jay as she misses him but thanks to this accident, she won't be able to meet him at all. Shasha then look at the bracelet on her wrist which has some blood stains on it. Just by looking at the shape reminds her of Jay but too bad it's not from him. She immediately remove the bracelet and put it in her bag. She just hates looking at it. It will only urge her to cancel this operation plan.

 

"Gwenchana? Are you cold?" Youngjae asked

 

Shasha just shake her head from side to side. Being a gentleman, Youngjae cover her body with a blanket and slowly and carefully place her head to lean on his shoulder. Youngjae pat Shasha body, putting her to sleep. As he promised, he will take care and be a protective gurdian towards Shasha. But, somewhere inside of Youngjae still wants Shasha to answer his question that he posted to her at the Jeju Island beach.. Will there love grew or shrink?

 

Jay Park's pov

After a long cry, I manage to control myself but still it's hard for me to accept the fact. I am sitting at the far end corner, daydreaming, being in my own world. I almost punch Nichkhun in the face earlier thinking that he is the cause of Shasha's death but after explaining to me that he didn't go with her, I changed my mind. I can't think straight right now. Why must it be Shasha? I am about to love her but this happened? Life would be nothing without her and I feel that I'm so empty without her. She's just gone? I still remember the last smile that she show me before leaving for her trip.

That's the last smile that I witness with my own eyes. Why must the girl with the pretty smile vanished from my life? No girl would be able to replace her! My heart is being rip off into pieces. In addition, all of them in the dance studio now are talking about how much they miss Shasha so much which kinda make me feel more heartbroken. Before I cry again, I stand up and make my leave.

 

"Jay where are you going?" I heard someone said but I am too sad to answer

 

I stroll leisurely towards the deserted park near the dance studio and went on to have some time alone and reflect and refresh back on the memories that I had with Shasha.

[SONG RECOMMENDED: BESTFRIEND by Jason Chen]

[MEMORIES OF JAY AND SHASHA]

Every step that I take, they would always be a flashback of me and her. That time where I make fun of her funny girly cap.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgq67pk1bU1qeoxd7o1_500.jpg

When we're chilling at our favourite place

http://s1.dmcdn.net/7lHc/x240-nTE.jpg

When we're dancing on the dance floor at a club

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg8da2KPUI1qa0xrqo1_500.gif

Dancing together, with me teaching her some new moves

http://blondesearch.ru/img/26/262/5dolls_MV_part_2_all_Jay_Park_ver_.jpg

The moment where I calm her down because her parents almost throw her out of the house

http://ax3battery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Jay-Park-Girlfriend-Jung-Yoo-Mi-533x300.jpg

All the crazy jokes that we shared while going back home from school together.

http://s.wat.fr/image/mv-jay-park-joah_67c89_2kyatm.jpg

 

There are still many more memories that still couldn't be forgotten. Haiz... I sit on a swing at a nearby playground and starts to day dream again.

 

"Komawo Jay... Oh look, a shooting star!!! I want that star!!I want that star!!!"

"You will get it soon.. I promise..,"

 

Those sayings during our young age is still playing in my mind. I started to breakdown again, knowing that I can't give her a real star. It's the first time I actually break down like this and thank God there is no one at this park or else it would be so embarrassing. Life means nothing to me now. It's totally blank.Absolutely blank.

 

"Jay hyung..," I heard someone called

 

I lift up my head and saw Shasha's little brother looking as glum as ever.

 

"Zelo-ah... What's wrong?" I asked politely, wiping off my tears

"There is something I need to tell you..," he said

"What is it?" I asked

 

He carefully take a sit at the swing next to me, fidgeting around with his finger and just by looking at him, I could tell that he is about to break down again. Being a bit caring, I place my arm on his shoulder and comfort him down and keep telling him that I am also having the same feelings as him now.

 

"Shasha noona, she is like the best sister in the whole wide world right?She's pretty, talented, cool, always being there for others...," Zelo said sadly

"Indeed she is... She is awesome! She's the greatest friend that I ever had in my entire life..," I added on

"But why?? Why must it happened now? She's too young!!! Why must I loose such a great sister like her!!! Jay hyung, I feel like killing myself now!!! I don't know what to do with my life without her! Why God doesn't give me a chance to look at her face!!! I never even have the chance to give her, her birthday present~~~~~[crying]..," Zelo cried causing me to calm him down

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-14zBrzexoQ0/USIaeJfJ9yI/AAAAAAAAfio/dKztG8AcMYs/s320/166719_374657212641236_906116295_n.jpg

"I really hate it when it happened too but you have to understand the cycle of life Zelo. People have to go eventually. You know, I still can't believe that she is gone. I feel like killing myself as well. She is too awesome for me to loose. I regret it!! I should have given her my hours when I had the chance, but instead I went on to the wrong path,making her feel so disappinted about me. To be honest I fell in love with her. Now I've lost her and not only that, she will never ever be able to forgive me. I could still picture clearly of her last smile...I'm in despair now..," I said, and cry as well

"Did you know that she likes you as well?" Zelo asked me which kinda give me a sudden shock

"She did?" I asked in disbelief, hoping to hear more about it

"Yeah... She might have not told you this as she is afraid of confessing it to you. Noona always talks about you at home. She always says that she smiles whenever she sees you, you're like her perfect medicine whenever she is in a bad mood, a great dancer and the greatest friend she had ever had. Until one day she told me that she realised she had fallen in love with you because of all that reason. While I was studying at Australia, she keep posting emotional tweets which I guess had something to do with you but I dare not interfere... She loves you Jay hyung. She really loves you..," Zelo confessed everything

 

My reaction at that point was absolutely starstruck and I didn't expect Shasha to have feelings for me. What makes me even more upset is that me and Shasha never had the chance to confessed to each other about how we felt. I just cover my face with my hand, regret upon my doings and was too devastated to say anything right now. My phone keeps on vibrating and I know that must be Dok2. His uncle must've arrive but what matters most to me now is Shasha. I don't bloody care if I were to skip the recording thingy as I am going to give the rest of my hours to cherish the moments that me and Shasha once had.

 

Nichkhun's pov

If ever there is a question on who is the worst friend in the whole wide world, that would be me among the five of us. I shouldn't have let her go to Jeju Island in the first place if I knew this kind of chaotic thing is to happened. My tearstained face was puffy and swollen with grief. The three of us are having some time of our own outside the dance studio.

 

"I miss Shasha already... If only this gathering wouldn't have to be about death.. if only his gathering is about family reunion... AAissh!!" Wooyoung grumbled sadly

"It's my fault guys!!! I should have stopped her...[crying] I should have stopped her from going there!!! STUPID ME!!! I SHOULD BE THE ONE DYING INSTEAD!!" I protested

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8995/87197935.gif

I stand up and start to venge my anger on anything. I acted like a wild animla who is being release out from it's cage. I yell and scream in frustration. Wooyoung and Taecyeon stop me by grabbing both my arms.

 

"Nichkhun, it's not your fault.. Stop it.. It's not your fault..," Taecyeon assured

"AHHHHH~~~~~ HIT ME YOU GUYS!!! I GIVE YOU THE PERMISSION TO HIT ME!!!!! I'M AN !! USELESS FREAK!!!"  I keep repeating

"Nickhun-ah, please... It's not your fault.. What if Shasha were to see you're in this state? Get a hold of yourself ok bro? It's our fault as well. We didn't cherish the friendship carefully... Jaebal...," Wooyoung pleaded and give me a brotherly pat

 

Narrator's pov

It's already the next day and it's the day of the funeral is being conducted even though Shasha's body couldn't be found. It's just a small ceremony conducted at a temple. The sky is pouring down heavily and could clearly hear the sound of the thunder clapsing. Once all of the prayers is done, they rode the cars provided to the where the grave is located. Everyone in the car is silence, feeling so despair upon the person that just went to a better place. Shasha's parents are still shedding their tears feeling so sad to loose their one and only daughter who is once a very cheerful, playful and beautiful.

Her parents regretted leaving here her all alone. They now realised that their pride, their ego, their needs and their selfish ways has let to a disaster to their daughter's life. Zelo who is now holding Shasha's biirthday present is imagining on how would his sister react if he were to give it to her. A few minutes later, they reach the place. They are too upset that they just let the rain pour down on them without the need of using an umbrella. They are now right in front of Shasha's grave.

All of the parents place a bouquet of flowers surrounding the grave. Shasha's mum cried as loud as she can.

 

"Shasha, my one and only daughter... Forgive my mistakes dear!! I'm the worst mum you had ever had right??!!! I might as well kill my self instead of you!!! If only I could exchange my place with you!! Oh Shasha~~~~!!!" her mum wailed in despair

"Omma~~ ..," Zelo added and hug his mum tightly

 

It takes about 15 minutes for Shasha's mum to calm down. All of the parents starts to walk towards the car.

 

"We'll wait for all of you in the car..," Nichkhun' dad informed and pat Nichkhun and Jay's shoulder and walk away

 

The four of them including Zelo bend down infront of the grave and it's the time to let out everything that they want to say.

 

[LISTEN TO: In Your Eyes by ONEW]

 

Wooyoung's pov

http://image.dek-d.com/26/2948231/111706263

"Shahsa, why do you have to go so soon? We haven't even had the chance to watch another movie yet... haiz... you're like the hardest friend to find in this world. You helped me even though I refused to accept it. I must be dumb to do that huh? Sorry for not always listening to your advice, sorry for all the wrong things that I've done to you. Will you forgive me? [crying] I promise I won't fight and get along well with each and everyone of our friends arra? That's a best friend promise. I'll change and become a much more mature person. Rest In Peace. Amen"

 

Taecyeon's pov

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7fjri2gHw1rt1xft.gif

"Shasha,  my dear daughter, my dear sister and my dearest friend, hope you're listening to what I am about to say. You must be at a better place right now... I just wanna apologised for all of the sins, and the burden that I've done to you. You used to cry upon me leaving the crew, but now it seems like I am the one crying now. I exactly know how you felt at that point of time. Knowing that an important friend of mine is gone is just another misery to me. Now who is going to have breakfast with me during the weekends? Who is going to jog with me in the park? Who is going to correct me whenever I am about to help a person so that I wouoldn't get cheated? Who am I going to chat with whenever I have problems? And who is going to be my alarm clock? [crying] I miss you already. Please apologised all of my mistakes and I promise to not let our friendship be a runined one arra? Love you chingu! Rest in peace my friend.. Amen..."

 

Nichkhun's pov

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/941392_533354490039387_1686049498_n.jpg

I cried even before I wanted to say anything...

"Shasha, why must you go to Jeju Island!! I should have stop you but I didn't. Mianhe... I might be the worst friend among all of us.. Sorry and you have the right to be mad at me. Like what Taecyeon said, you must be in a better place right now.. After spending time with you for like almost more than 20 years, I can never get bored of you. You're like a sister, sometimes a mother to me. I miss the old times where I used to spend time with you.  But, why do you have to end all this? Wish you were still here with us. There are plenty more stuffs that we haven't do yet.. But I can't stop nature from doing it's job. Maybe God loves you more but just wanna let you know that we love you even more.  Although you're not here with us, we'll never forget about you. Please look down on us always yeah? Lastly, sorry for all of my mistakes that I've done that might have break your heart before. Saranghae.. Rest in Peace.. Amen..."

 

Zelo's pov

http://hallyuuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/bap3.png

"Noona~~~~ [breakdown]... Noona, why must you go so soon!!! I regret going to Australia!! I should have stayed here with you. I shoud have spend more time with you!! Noona, I miss you!!! Is there anything that I can do to get you back?? I don't mind even if it risk my life to do it!!! [crying]"

 

 

"Zelo, stay strong... stay strong... Your sister is in a better place and you wouldn't want her to see you crying like this won't you?" Taecyeon comforted me

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33300000/B-A-P-Rain-Sound-bap-33317717-403-304.jpg

"Noona please forgive all of my mistakes. I am being too greedy as always and I hope you could forgive me for that. I am always being pampered that I didn't even realised it that you also need more attention..I will never forget our moments together. Thank you for being a great sister, taking really good care of me, giving me useful advice even though you're always busy with your schoolwork and dance battle. To me, you would always be the best dancer and number one sister to me. Don't forget me arra? Please take care of me. Protect me unnie while you're up there. Now I have no one else to tell my problems to and share my jokes with. Saranghae unnie and this is your belated birthday present. Sarangahe Shasha noona, you will always be remembered..,Rest In Peace. Amen..,"

 

Zelo place the gift beside Shasha's grave, looking at it, feeling so drastic and blue.

http://favim.com/orig/201105/14/lonely-lost-sad-teddy-bear-woods-Favim.com-44395.jpg

Jay Park's pov

[SONG RECOMMENDED: Closer by Taeyeon]

"You guys go ahead.. I wanna stay here longer.. Meet you guys later at night alright?" I told the rest

 

Without saying anything they make their leave and here I am all alone, in the rain bending right in front of my almost wanna be lover. I have lots to confessed. I think it's the right time.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eEOrQmhxGLU/T6_ziUNu29I/AAAAAAAAA7g/-ICIPxwte0g/s1600/d2e4e2f32cadd478b1320931f507b2fb.jpg

"[clears throat].... time flies and it doesn't lead to a good ending huh? You really did a very big mistake you know that girl? How coud you leave me just like this? Shasha, how could you? We haven't spend that much time. I am still not satisfied arra? Why didn't you tell me that you have feelings for me? If only I had knew about it earlier, I could have protect you. See what happens now? You leave me with full of regrets and guilt.But it's not 100% your fault and I know I shouldn't have listen to Sandara in the first place. But thanks to my stupid self, thinking about being a popular kid in school and now being famous, I end up regretting it myself. What a I am right?

Honestly, I do have feelings for you as well.  Your great sense of humor, your beautiful features, your helpful attitude and your swagness really wins my heart. You're the most beautiful gril especially during that prom night. I had my eyes only on you it's just you didn't realise it. No other girl could replace you ever. You still remember our childhood moments? I promise you a lot of things right? But f**k me for not keeping it properly. I'm such an for not telling you all this earlier. We could have been the happiest couple ever. Mianhe Shasha, I really deserve to die right now. I feel so empty without you. You might think that I hate you but only if you knew what I did behind your back. Why must you leave us? Why didn't you confess your true feelings to me? The reason for me abandoning our friends is because I don't want all of you to be in trouble and I actually made a deal with Sandara that if I were to join her crew, they will never lay a finger on you and our friends. I sacrifice myself so that you won't be in danger. Hope you could forgive me for that?

Haiz... I regretted!!! Sorry for treating you so unfairly for the past few weeks. Your breaking heart, I wish I could just mend it for you. All of the tears you've shed, I wish I could save every drop of it. Should have give you all my hours, when I have the chance. I should have bought you flowers and held your hand and propose to you. Sorry for walking out from your life. Sorry for the mess that I've created. Sorry that you have to live a suffering life. Every single memories will not be forgotten and I am going to treasure it for as long as I live. You're the only girl that I love and if only I could bring you back to life, I would propose to you straight away. Although now you're gone, I hope you're listening, you'll always remain in my heart and no other girls could replace you.  You're officially my girlfriend now. Pleaase forgive me Shasha... Saranghae sarangahe.. saranghae[crying out loud and the rain is getting heavier]

 

I cried and cried, with my face in contact with her grave. Trust me it to be in this state.

 

Shasha's pov

I reach LA yesterday at about 9pm at night and I was being brought straight to the hospital where all of the professional doctors and surgeons are working. The hospital is twice the size of the normal one in Seoul and they take in only special patients who need special treatments like me. I thought my specialist doctor would be an American dude but he is actually a Korean. It's good as it's easier for us to communicate. Not only that, it's coincidently Youngjae's biology teacher, named Tae Young. He taught him while Youngjae is in high school. They had a long chat when it's our first time meeting and Youngjae introduced him to me. He is quite a care free and friendly person. It's fun to talk to him. He have that something that won't make you worry about the operation. He greeted me.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdlp8S3pt1qf2gijo1_500.jpg

"Annyeonghaseyo. how are you feeling?" he asked politely

All I can so is shake his hand as I can't show him my bright smile anymore thanks to the thick bandage which is being wrap all over my face causing me to look like a half done mummy.

http://hilobrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Eyes-Victim-Bandaged1-300x217.jpg

He explain all of the things that he had planned out for me for the operation to make sure I am not worried about anything. He even explained that he is qualified to do this job and about 12 people have succeeded the operation. Now I feel a bit relief upon hearing that.

 

My operations starts today as it takes like a few weeks for the operation to be complete and it takes a few years for the face to be really cured. I just have to be a bit more patience if I want it to turn out perfectly fine. My operation is about to start soon. Just a few more minutes. I waited with Youngjae outside the doctor's room.

 

"Don't be afraid ok? Trust me, he is a professional..," Yongjae reminded me as he could sense that I am so scared

 

Jay Park's pov

I am outside the recording studio all drenched in the rain water. My both eyes are swollen like hell after crying and letting out everything at the grave earlier. I have spent like 4 to 5 hours there just to be by Shasha's side if ever her soul were to be wandering around. I have made a promise to Dok2 and I can't be breaking it. So I went into the recording studio and saw Dok2, Sandara and Dok2's uncle and some of their friends looking so pissed.

http://atunes.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/109838761-6e47e04e6dd26c5103bcd4d00c4b3de5-4c06f080-scaled.jpg

"Yo Jay where have you been?" Dok2 asked

"Stop it Dok2. Stop scolding him!! Jay are you ok? Why are you so drenched? Are you crying, your eyes are swollen...," Sandara asked concernedly, wiping of my wet face with a small towel

 

I stop here, giving her a small smile as a sign of thank you. Without wasting time,

 

"Let's do the singing test now..," I said and went into the other room, put on the headphones and choose a perfect song for what happened today

"Alright, you sure you don't wanna rest Jay?" Dok2's uncle asked

 

I ignored that question and prepare myself. I give a slight nod telling that I am ready and focus on the lyrics on the laptop. I don't care if I were to pass the singing test or not. My aim is to dedicate it to someone special.

 

"I dedicate this song to you Shasha.. Hope you're listening.."

 

[Readers listen to: When I Was Your Man]

 

"Alright, get ready, on 3, 2 1  and go!" Dok2's uncle signal me

 

I am being told to sing with emotion which I won't have a problem doing it now. Here it goes..

http://www.asianewsnet.net/photo/news/jaypark_copy3.jpg

 

"Same bed but it feels just a little big enough.. our song on the radio but it don't sound the same~~...,"

 

[continue listening]

 

Shasha's pov

"Youngjae I'm afraid..," I told him holding his hands tightly

"Don't worry... You're strong aren't you? I'll pray for you..," he assured me

 

Then Doctor Tae Young walk out from the operation theater.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcg70wymnu1r5vsuqo1_500.jpg

 

"Shasha, come. It's about time..," he called out to me

 

I look at Youngjae while he is sending me in. Before going in, he hug me giving me some strength.

 

"Don't worry alright? I'm right here beside you., Good luck!" he wished me and handed me to the doctor

"Come on in..," invited doctor Tae Young

 

I am being asked to lay down on the provided bed. Before doing anything, Doctor Tae Young is kind enough to tell some encouragement words to me. He told me he is going to buse me so that I won't feel pain while the operation is taking place.

 

"Alright you ready?" he asked

"Yes!" I replied

"Alright then.. recite the numbers backards from 10 till 1..," he instrusted me while he injected me with some buse medication

http://www.medicalline.it/MLI_20122/iLED_files/shapeimage_4.png

The lights above me is clear at first but sooner it gets blurer and blurer and blurer and finally I'm knockout and I knew that's the end of me having this face!

 

~~GOODBYE SHASHA~~