Chapter 8

When he left you and went to the states

‘~~~-ah..’ HimChan called you softly with his husky voice.

‘Nae?’

‘I……’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Are you free this Saturday? Lets hang out, just you and I.’ Himchan said nervously.

‘Nae oppa!’ You said and gave him a smile and yawned while rubbing your eyes.

‘Aigoo… you must be tired, go have some rest now! See you tomorrow morning!’ he walked towards the door, turned back and gave you a wink. You giggled and waved to him.

‘Drive safely!’

‘Nae, annyeong!’

The next few days of the week was pretty hectic for you, homework were piling up and you haven’t got the time to hang out with the rest of the BAP, other than having lunch with them. HimChan still did his daily routine, driving you to school and home.

Saturday finally arrived, you opened your eyes slowly, it felt like you haven’t  slept for ages and the energy you had was at such a high level that it makes you feel happy already. You lazed in your bed for a while. Suddenly your phone vibrated.

‘Good morning sunshine, remember it’s our date today, dress prettily and I’ll pick you up at 12PM later. ^^’ – HimChan oppa

You read the text and blush at the word ‘date’.

‘Nae oppa, see you in a bit ^^’ - ~~~~~

You replied him and jumped off your bed, skipped towards your closet to see if there’s anything that you could wear, standing in front of your closet for 10 mins debating on what to wear. Normally you would wear casual outfits that make you feel comfortable, but since HimChan asked you to dress prettily, you decided to wear a dress for today. So you pulled out a skater dress and wore a knitted cardigan over it, applied minimal make up and wore your flats. You looked at the clock and it was 11AM, you still have a bit of time left, so you decided to curl your hair a little, giving it a bit of waviness.

*Knock knock* you looked towards your door and look back at your clock, it was only 11:30AM.

‘Hmmm.. Oppa must be early today.’ You thought to yourself and walked to the door.

You opened the door and saw HimChan standing in front of you. You couldn’t take your eyes off him, he looked so stunning even though his outfit was simple. He wore a ‘22’ black tee with skinny jeans, a pair of boots and a pair of shades.

‘Am I too early?’ HimChan walked into the house and took out his shades.

‘Ani, you’re just in time, I’m done preparing, let me just grab my bag and we can go out.’ You said and walked towards your room and came out again.

‘Wow.. ~~~~-ah, you look really beautiful today.’ He complimented you and you blushed.

‘Are you saying that I’m not pretty in other days?’ you teased and pouted, trying to act like you’re angry at his comment.

‘Ani ani ani, you look pretty every single day, it’s just you look really pretty when you’re wearing a dress. You should wear more dresses, I like it when you’re wearing a dress’ He said and blushed.

‘hehe, I’m just teasing, oppa, you’re so cute when you blush. Oppa look stunning today, bet all the girls that walk pass you will drool over you.’

‘Are you saying you’re one of the girls that’s drooling over me now?’ he said and chuckled.

‘A-ani, lets go oppa, I’m hungry.’ You stuttered as you were shock at his reply. You walked quickly to the car, waiting for him to unlock it.

‘oppa, where are we going to have our lunch at?’

‘You’ll know when we get there.’ He smirked.

‘nae..’

Not long later, the car stopped at the park, you looked at Himchan confusingly.

‘Aren’t we going to have lunch now? Why are we at the park?’

‘Just follow me and you’ll know.’ He smiled and went out of the car and opens the door for you.

He grabbed your hand and led you to the park, after a short distance walk, you noticed that there was a picnic mat laid on the grass and there were balloons at the corners of the mat, laid on top of the mat was a wide range of food. You stopped and look at HimChan.

‘This is where we’re going to have our lunch it, do you like it?’ HimChan said while walking you towards the mat.

‘Nae, it’s beautiful! And all the food is my favourites! Did you prepare everything by yourself?’

‘Erm… I did ask YongGuk to help me with it.’ He said while scratching the back of his neck.

‘Didn’t you say you’re hungry, lets sit down!’ he pulled you to sit in front of him.

‘Lets eat!’ HimChan clapped his hands together and saw you digging in.

‘Oppa, it’s really good!’ you munched your food and showed him thumbs up.

‘Glad that you like it, YAHHH~ eat slowly, no one’s here to snatch your food away.’

You shoved the food into your mouth, food has always won your heart and you never care about your image when you’re eating, it doesn’t matter whether you’re with anyone, not even the BAP members.  HimChan smiled at the sight of you eating the food he made.

‘What are you staring at?’ you said while munching your food.

‘Don’t move.’ Himchan ordered you and he started leaning towards you. You stared at him, the more he lean the faster your heart beating. He was just inches away from your face, suddenly you felt his thumb brushing at the corner of your mouth and he lean back again.

‘Can you eat slowly? You look like a dirty baby.’ He said and his thumb that has the cream which was previously on the corner of your mouth. You blushed at the sight of him doing that and you looked away.

You two continued to eat and have casual conversations, after eating, both of you were just sitting on the mat. Both of you decided to cycle at the park on one bike, since you didn’t know how to ride one. You grab onto his shirt tightly but he held your hands and made you grab onto his waist instead. You were leaning on his back for the whole ride, you could scent his cologne when the wind blows and holding onto his waist just made you felt secure. For the whole ride you’ve been smiling to yourself.

‘Why is my heart beating so quickly every time when I’m with you…’ you mumbled softly.

‘did you say something?’ Himchan said and turn back for a sec.

‘A-ani..’ you stuttered.

‘Nae, lets stop here and see the sunset together.’ He stopped the bike and both of you got off it.

Both of you were sitting on the bench facing the pond, waiting for the sun to set.

‘Oppa, thanks for today, I really enjoy myself!’ you said and gave him a peck on his cheek. HimChan blushed at your suddenly action. He covered his face with his hands, you didn’t know what you were doing at that moment.

‘Mianhae… I didn’t know what I was doing just now…’ You said not daring to look at him.

‘it-it’s alright..’ HimChan stuttered. It was so awkward for both of you.

‘I think we should go home now, it’s getting late..’ You stood up and wanted to walk away first, but HimChan grabbed your arm and stood up. You turned to face him, he was staring at you intensively, and he moved closer to you and slowly interlocking his fingers with yours. You look down at your intertwined fingers and look at him again.

‘~~~~-ah, there’s something I think you should know…’ he paused and looked at you. ‘I…i….i like you, it’s not just as a friend, I like you more than that. I know you might think that I’m a player, yes.. I like to flirt around, but when I say ‘I like you’ I really mean it and I’m serious about it. I know you only see me as a friend and a oppa, I know by confessing to you, I might loss you as a friend. But I still want you to know that I like you, I like you Kim ~~~~~.’

‘O…oppa… i… I don’t know what to say….’ You went blank after HimChan confessed to you, you never thought that Ulzzang Kim HimChan would ever like an average girl like you. You didn’t know what to say to him at that moment, you couldn’t process your thoughts.

‘It’s alright… I understand that it’s kinda sudden and I know you only look me as your oppa, its alright, lets just forget about what I’ve said alright?’ he gave you a smile, but you know that he was really upset about it.

‘Come on, it’s getting late, lets go, I’ll drive you home.’ He said and let go of your hand and walked in front. You followed him to the car, the ride was awkwardly quiet and you were thinking about what HimChan has confessed to you earlier on, suddenly all the happy moments you had with HimChan flashed back in your mind.

‘We’re here.’ HimChan said which made you snapped out of your thoughts.

‘Nae….’ You got out of the car, he followed and walked you to the door.

‘I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then…’ he said and kissed your forehead and started to walk back to his car.