Chapter 23

When he left you and went to the states

A/N: annyeong~ finally a full chapter about Yong Guk, enjoy ~ ^^

 

 

The weekends finally approached, the day where you have been looking forward to. Sure it was because there’s no school, but you were looking forward to it more because you’re going to make a ring for Him Chan and you, a couple ring. You’ve even made a call down to the workshop, booking a slot for today. Actually you made 2 slots because Yong Guk said that he wanted to make jewellery too, which you find it weird. You’ve asked him why did he want to make it but he said it was secret which made your curiosity grow even more.

The slot was at 2PM but you woke up early just because you were too excited for it, you didn’t even have enough sleep because you were thinking of designs that you want the rings to have. You were done preparing yourself by 12PM and just sitting on your couch watching some variety shows which you weren’t paying attention to. You waited till 1PM as Yong Guk will be here to driving you to the workshop. A honk was echoed through your front door and you knew that Yong Guk arrived, looking at the clock for one last time before heading out.

“Oppa, seems like you’re never late.” You giggled.

“Of course, how can I make our little Eun Young wait?” Yong Guk said and ruffled your hair.

“Oppa, let’s go! I can’t wait to start making the rings!” You bounce on the seat like a 4 year old kid that is excited to go to the amusement park.

“Sit properly and buckle your belt kiddo!” He teased you and laugh.

“Nae oppa~” you turned to the side to pull the belt but it wouldn’t move, you tried harder but it did still didn’t move a single bit.

“C’mon, let me help you.” Yong Guk saw that you had difficulty pulling the belt, so he lean forward to you and pulled it for you.

“Yah, pabo, you didn’t unlock it ofcourse you couldn’t pull it out.” He turned to you and smile but soon his eyes widen when he realise how close your face was with his. You actually felt awkward too, it’s the first time you’ve ever seen him this up close in front of you. He quickly pull the belt and buckle it for you and turned to the front again, letting out an awkward cough. Both of your faces were blushing, he broke the silence.

“Yah, you’re a panda now?” He asked, you tilted your head and look at him confused.

“Your dark circles are as deep as the one pandas have.” He let out a short laugh.

“Ah~ I didn’t sleep much last night, I was brainstorming ideas for the design.” You pouted when he made fun of you.

“Rest a while then, I’ll wake you up when we reach.” He passed you his shades.

“Ani, I can’t sleep now, cause I’m too excited~ Oppa, faster, lets go!” You said and pointed to the front.

“Arraso~” Soon both of you were back to normal, you were singing to random songs on the radio and Yong Guk just smiled and focus on the road. After 40 minutes of driving and trying to find the location, the car finally reached the workshop. You observed the place while Yong Guk was parking the car, the place looks cosy and artistic, you couldn’t wait to get in and how the workshop is like. After Yong Guk parked the car, both of you got out of the car and you dragged Yong Guk into the building eagerly.

“Annyeonghaseyo, how may I help you?” A middle age man greeted you and Yong Guk.

“Annyeonghaseyo, we have a slot for 2 at 2PM.” You greeted him back with a smile.

“Ah, you must be Eun Young-Shi right?” He asked.

“Nae!”

“Follow me then.” He lead both of you to the workshop and passed you the aprons.

“Please wear this before we start, don’t want you to dirty your clothes.”

“Nae!”

“By the way, I’m the owner of this workshop and the one that will be guiding both of you when making the artefacts, I’m Andrew Park. You two can call me Andrew.” He gave you two a friendly smile.

“I’ll be right back, I’ll just go get the materials from the storeroom first.” Both of you nodded and he walked off. Yong guk took the 2 apron from your hand, and you look at him.

“Wear the apron, I’ll help you tie it, since you’re so clumsy and your hands are short.” You pouted at his teased but still back faced him, letting him put the apron on you and tying it up for you.

“Done!” He said and you turned around and snatch the other apron from his hands.

“Now, it’s my turn to help gummy guk wear his apron.” You said and spin him around so that he could back face you and started to help him wear the apron.

“Aigoo~ you two look cute together, such a cute couple! How long have both of you been together?” Andrew suddenly appeared which shocked the both of you. Both of you blushed for the second time today. *Do we really look cute together?* Yong Guk thought and looks at you.

“Aniya! He’s not my boyfriend. He’s my best friend, just here to accompany me to make something for my boyfriend.” You said and blush again.*Why is everyone thinking that me and Yong Guk together? Why is my heart beating so fast now?* you furrowed your brows while thinking.

“Yea, I’m just here to accompany her that’s all.” Yong Guk added and scratches his nape.

“Oh, I see! I’m sorry!” Andrew laughed awkwardly.

“It’s alright, let’s start! I’m excited to make it already hehe.” You clapped your hands and jumped.

“Alright, first show me your design so I could see what tools we’ll need.” Andrew said and you passed him the design that you drew last night. Yong Guk tried to see but you covered his eyes.

“Oppa, you’re not allowed to see it until it’s done!” You said while still covering his eyes.

“Wae?” He pout cutely, knowing that it’s a soft spot for you.

“Aww~ But still no! how would I know you would tell Him Chan and ruin the surprise.” You said.

“I wouldn’t, I promise!” He showed his pinky finger and grinned, knowing that you were debating on whether you should agree to it or not. After a few moments, you sighed and let go of your hands and hooked his pinky finger.

“You promised!” You said.

“Yup!” He nodded.

“If I found out that you told Him Chan, I will never talk to you again!” You squint your eyes and threaten him. But he all he did was chuckled at your actions.

“Arraso~ now show me the design.” He hold his hand in front and you just slam the piece of paper onto his hand. He looked at it and look at you.

“What’s this?” He pointed to the lines.

“these lines are heart beats, how fast my heart beats when I’m with him and the numbers represents the date we got together.” You said and had a satisfied smile plastered on your face.

“It’s beautiful.” Yong Guk said, but inside, he was envy, envy that Him Chan has you as his girlfriend. He wished he have someone that would do this for him too; more like wish you could do this for him too.

Soon you and Andrew got to work and he guided you through the process of making the ring and the cut out of it. While Yong Guk was sitting at a table near the corner glancing at you while sketching something. You had a seriousness and happiness plastered on your face. Yong Guk’s glance was broken off when someone blocked his view in front. He looked up and saw a woman around her mid-thirties smiling at him.

“Hi, my name is Ariel, I’m Andrew’s wife. Have you thought of the design that you want to make yet?” Her smile was motherly. Yong Guk nodded and showed her the sketch.

“Alright, lets start then!” Ariel clapped her hands together and started the work with Yong Guk.

4 of them were having casual conversation, the couple were actually designers for jewellery in the past but they decided to retire early and start up this workshop. Yong Guk and you also found out that Ariel actually fell for Andrew’s best friend first and were together. Ariel and Andrew’s best friend broke up after a few years of dating and Andrew finally found the courage to confess his feelings to Ariel a year after the break up and surprisingly Ariel actually felt something for him before but she didn’t realise it until that day Andrew confessed then she realise all the while the one she truly love was Andrew. And everyone knows what happens next, marriage and kids.

You were amazed by Andrew’s love, waiting for a girl for so many years isn’t easy she thought. On the other hand, Yong Guk was thinking that he and Andrew’s position are quite similar, he was silently hoping that his and Eun Young’s relationship could be like the couple’s. After talking, they got back to crafting the jewelleries. Yong Guk was at the other end of the workshop with Andrew doing some cut outs while you were at the other end crafting the dates.

“You like her, don’t you?” Andrew suddenly spoke. Yong Guk turned to him with widen eyes.

“I can tell, I’ve been in your position before.” He chuckled and patted Yong Guk’s back. Yong Guk just gave an awkward smile.

“Don’t worry, young man, I won’t say anything to her. But just a small advice for you, be there for her when she needs someone and don’t hesitate to let her know about your feelings when she’s single again.”

“Thanks for the advice.” Yong Guk said and Andrew just nodded and they focus back on making the necklace.

After 4 hours of making, it was finally done. Eun Young was so satisfied with the end result of the rings that she has a smile plastered on her face. Andrew and Ariel showed you and Yong Guk the final result of it before wrapping it up.

“Oppa, what do you think?” You show Yong Guk the rings.

“It’s beautiful.” Yong Guk gave you a genuine smile.

“Can I see your necklace too?” You tip toed trying to get a glance at the necklace that Yong Guk made. But he held it up high that you couldn’t see.

“No, you’re not going to see it! I’ll show you when I’m giving it to the girl I like.” Yong Guk said.

“Tsk, fine.” You said and crossed your arms.

“Promise that I’ll show you soon.” Yong Guk ruffled your hair and you glare at him for messing your hair.

“Alright kids, are you happy with the end results?” Ariel asked and both of you nodded.

“Thank you so much for the help and guiding.” You said and gave them a hug. Yong Guk did the same.

“Remember my advice.” Andrew whispered to Yong Guk when they hug and gave him a smile.

“I’ll remember that, thank you.” Yong Guk whispered back. Both of you bid goodbye to the couple for the last time and went to have dinner.

“Oppa, you’re really not going to show me the necklace? I’m dying of curiosity.” You pouted.

“Ani, I’ll show you the necklace when it’s time.” You look at him weirdly *show me the necklace when it’s time?*

“We’re here! C’mon, let’s get some food, I’m starving!” Yong Guk parked his car at the entrance of the café and got out first, you followed him behind. *Sorry Eun Young, but I can’t show you the necklace until the day I confess my love to you.* Yong Guk thought.