Chapter 21

When he left you and went to the states

“Do…Do you still like me?”

“Yes… I still like you…”

Your mind kept replaying those words that Kai said earlier, you wanted to say something to him, but the bell rang indicating that classes are about to start. He asked you to wait for him after school to talk about it. You just nodded as a reply. You were so preoccupied with the thoughts that you did not realise that Yong Guk was observing you.

Without knowing, class ended and you started packing your stuff into your bag. Kai was just sitting on his desk with his things packed waiting for you, but you took your time. For some reason, you didn’t want to talk about that topic with him. Now knowing that he liked you and still likes you was too much for your mind. You finally finished keeping your stuff, Yong Guk took your bag and asked you to go with him.

“Oppa… can you wait for me in the car? I have to talk to Kai for a while.” You said. As much as Yong Guk didn’t want you to be alone with Kai, he still has to agree with it and walked out of the class. He was going to ask you about your relationship with Kai later after your talk with him.

“Eun Young-ah…” Kai called your name softly, just like how he used to call you in the past.

“Kai… I’m sorry, but I can’t return the same feelings for you anymore… I have a boyfriend…” You said, hoping that things are clear enough for him to understand. To be honest, you have never encountered this type of complicated relationship problem before. You didn’t know how to explain things to prevent the other party from being hurt. All you knew was that you have to state everything clearly so there’s no misunderstanding and wrong message sent.

“I sort of guess that you have a boyfriend now, I can tell he is very caring and understanding towards you. Yong Guk shi must be honoured to have you…” Kai spoke softly, his head was facing down, and he was hiding his hurt expression from you, hoping that you wouldn’t see it.

“What? Yong Guk? He’s not my boyfriend.” You said shocked that he thought Yong Guk is your boyfriend, why would he think that way?

“Huh? He’s not your boyfriend? But the way both of you act looks like what couples would do.” He blinked at you. Somehow you still find the way he blinks is cute like last time. You couldn’t help be laugh a bit.

“Ani, we’re just close friends. He’s like a big brother to me, and he sees me as his little sister too.”

“Then where’s your real boyfriend?” He asked.

“He’s in the states now…” You said, suddenly missing Him Chan…

“Ah… I see…” you nodded to his reply. He stretches out his hand and you look at him, he has a smile plastered on his face, but you could tell beneath that smile, he was hurt.

“Can we at least start over and be back friends? Forget that I confessed to you just now and just be back friends? Nothing more nothing less, just like old times, before the incident.” He asked.

“Alright!” you grabbed his hand and shook it and smile to him. He smiled back at you. *At least I still have you back as a friend, that’s enough for me, I wouldn’t ask for anything more even if I know my love for you continues to grow* Kai thought.

“I missed you, friend!” He said.

“Can I get a friendly hug from you?” he asked, showing his puppy eyes.

“You know I can’t resist that face.” You giggled and hugged him. He hugged you tightly and lifted you up just like what he always does in the past. Both of you laugh and pulled away after a while.

“There’s so many things that I want to tell you! About my life in the states and everything! Let’s go to the café and do some catching up?” Kai asked with pleading eyes.

“Mian… I can’t make it today, how about tomorrow? I have to get a present for me and my boyfriend’s 1st anniversary.” You said showing a sorry face.

“Arraso! At least let me walk you to the car park, you’re meeting Yong Guk shi right?”

“Nae, alright~” Both of you left the class and walked to the car park, when you were a few cars away from Yong Guk’s, you bid goodbye to Kai and he gave you a tight hug again and ruffled your hair and walked off. He turned back and wave at you for the last time, and you waved back. You walked towards Yong Guk’s car and got in.

 

Yong Guk’s POV:

I’m sitting in the car waiting for Eun Young to be out, it has pass 10 minutes and she’s not out yet. I was getting really curious what’s happening between her and Kai, did she accept Kai’s feelings? If she did, are they… are they kissing now? All the weird and negative thoughts were driving me crazy. She wouldn’t accept him right? After all she’s still with Him Chan and she still loves him, she can’t do that. I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Eun Young walking towards my direction and stopped to talk to Kai. It seems like they’re saying goodbye, my eyes widen when I saw Kai hug her, what shock me more was that Eun Young did not push him away and hugged him back. She had a smile plastered on her face. She waved to Kai again and got into my car. I was debating on if I should confront her on that or not. She waved her hand in front of my face and asked if I were fine and I just reply her a simple ‘yes’ emotionlessly and started the car engine.

For the whole journey to the mall Eun Young was busy with her phone, I stole glance at her phone trying to see who she’s texting, but I couldn’t see the name of it. So I decided to ask her, I couldn’t let my imaginations go wild cause its killing me inside.

“Are you texting Him Chan?” I asked calmly.

“Ani, I’m texting Kai.” She said in a cheerful tone and smiled to her phone again.

“Kai? How did he have your number?”

“I gave it to him.” *She even gave her number to Kai, are they like a thing now? No! She can’t, what about Him Chan?! I need to confront her on this matter!*

“Eun Young-ah… Can I ask you something?”

“Nae oppa!” She replied but still using her phone.

“What’s your relationship with Kai?” I asked calmly.

“Oh… He’s my friend, wae?” She turned to me waiting for my reply. *I need to make her spill everything now.*

“Actually I heard your conversation with Kai just now after the break… Kai likes you right?” I stole a glance at her and saw her froze and relax again after a while.

“Ya, He likes me… But I made things clear to him that I only can be friends with him and nothing more because I have a boyfriend now and I love my boyfriend a lot.” She said. After hearing what she said I was relieved but somehow my heart aches when I heard the latter part.

“Ah… I see… so you used to like him in the past?” I asked again.

“Yup…” She replied and she told me the whole story about her and Kai. After understanding the whole situation, I find that it was stupid of me to doubt her love for Him Chan. So I told her what I thought her and Kai’s relationship was before she told me everything just now and she just laughs at me.

“Oppa! How could you think that way? I love Him Chan oppa a lot, I even think that he’s the one, you know?” She said and blush a little when she said Him Chan was the one for her. My heart ached a little when I heard her say those words ‘I even think that he’s the one’.

“Ah… Mian, I shouldn’t think that way.” I said and rubbed my neck.

We are now at the mall, we decided to get drink before we start hunting for Him Chan’s present. After we got our drink, we started walking around looking for a present that was suitable for Him Chan. We walked pass a mirror and Eun Young suddenly stop in front of it. I walked towards her again and asked what’s wrong.

“Oppa, do you think we look like a couple?” hearing her question made me choke by my drink. She patted my back and asked if I’m alright.

“W-What are you talking about?” I asked her, I felt heat running up my cheeks. It was obvious that I was blushing.

“When I told Kai I have a boyfriend just now, he thought that you are my boyfriend.” She said and laughed.

“Why would he say that?”

“He says that the way you act in front of me was like how normal couples would be like, always taking care of the girl, glancing at her from time to time and always notice every small detail about the girl. But I told him that you treated me as a small sister, that’s all.” My heart ached a little again when I heard the last sentence. *Was it that obvious that I like you? But I couldn’t let anyone know about this, especially the BAP members. I can’t be with you because you’re my best friend’s girlfriend, its wrong.* I thought.

“Or oppa, do you have a crush on me?” She teased and my eyes widen, I could tell I was blushing hard.

“Aigoo~ oppa looks so cute when he blush!” She said again and pinched my cheeks.

“C’mon, let’s go, I need to find something for Him Chan!” She said and pulled me to random shops.

 

A/N: Back with another update! so i actually intended to add in the next chapter in with this but i decided to split it up instead since i haven't been writing much lately. also, school is starting next week, i'm somehow excited for it cause i'll get to see my friends more often but i'm also nervous cause i'll be having a whole new classmates, and i'm not ready for that, i'm never good at interacting with strangers :( praying very hard that there would at least be someone that i know in the new class *fingers crossed* 

Do leave comments and let me know how you like the story so far? and the appearance of Kai hehehe i swear he's like climbing up my bias list fast T~T