Chapter 22

When he left you and went to the states

Yong Guk and you have walked around the whole mall but nothing caught my eye,you decided to stop for today since it was getting late and both of you still have school the next day. But before heading home, both of you decided to have dinner first. As you were heading back to the car after the dinner, a boy was giving out flyers, he handed you one and I took it. The flyer was promoting this workshop that could customise and make your own jewellery. You snapped your fingers when you finally know what you’re going to get/make for Him Chan. You smiled happily to yourself and thought that this would be the perfect present for him.

“Yah, stop smiling like a pabo!” Yong Guk teased you and you just pouted.

“Oppa! I know what to get for Him Chan oppa already!” You grabbed both his hands and started jumping like a 4 year old kid. Yong Guk chuckled at how childish yet cute you were.

“So what are you going to get for your bf~” He grinned at you, you show him the flyer that you were holding onto.

“That’s a great idea, he’ll love it!”

“You think so?” You asked.

“Yea! Why wouldn’t he? If my girlfriend makes something I have not only love it, but also keep it like it’s the most precious thing I have.” He gave you a gummy smile.

“But what if it doesn’t turns out as pretty as I want it to be?” You pouted.

“Trust me, he’ll still love it.” He gave you and assuring smile.

“Alright!” You clapped your hands together and smiled.

“When are you going to the workshop?”

“I’ll go there this weekend!” You were so excited about it, not only it’ll be the first time you’ll actually make jewellery but also you’re making it for the one you love.

“I’ll drive you there.” He open the passenger seat’s door for you to get in and smiled to you before closing it and walking to the driver’s seat.

“Oppa, you don’t have to.”

“Aniyo, I want to, I’m actually also curious how it would be like there.”

“Arraso.”

He was focused on the road, and you were staring at his face, examining his features.

“Yah, my face’s gonna have a hole soon if you keep staring at me like that.” He said and smile but still focusing on the road.

“Oppa, you’re kinda handsome you know.” You lifted both your hands and it to ‘L’ shapes to make it look like a frame of the camera. He saw the action that you made from the corner of his eyes and chuckled.

“Just ‘kinda handsome’?” he pouted acting like you’ve hurt his feelings. You giggled and his cute pouty face.

“Arraso~ very handsome, but Him Chan oppa is still more handsome than you!” you stuck your tongue out and he used one hand to ruffle your hair.

“Oppa, why didn’t you want to confess to the girl? I’m really curious who that lucky girl is.” You crossed your arm and pout.

“I can’t confess to her, because she’s in a relationship with someone now, I don’t want to make things hard and complicated for her.” You nodded to what he said.

“Oppa, I hope you could find someone that loves you as much as you love her, and then we can go on a double date.” You giggled, you’ve always wanted to try double dating, wondering how it would be like. Yong Guk stopped smiling and you wonder why. *Double date will never happen cause the one that I want to be with is you but you’re already Him Chan’s.* He sighed.

“Wae? Did I say something wrong?” You asked.

“Ani, I was just thinking about stuff, that’s all.” Yong Guk gave you a small smile.

“We’re here!” He stopped his car and got out. You followed and he walked you to your door step. Both of you bid goodbye and he watched you get into your house before driving off. You did your normal routine, showered and video call Him Chan. While you were video chatting with Him Chan, your phone vibrating, indicating that there’s a new message. You open your inbox and saw 2 text messages, one from Yong Guk and the other one from Kai.

From: Yong Guk oppa

I just got home, rest early and good night ^^

To: Yong Guk oppa

Nae, you too oppa, good night ^^

Nae, you too oppa, good night ^^

You open the next text from Kai.

From: Kai

Eun Young-ah, thanks for forgiving me and be back my friend, can’t wait to meet you up tmr and catch up on life. Rest early, good night ~ <3

To: Kai

I can’t wait to catch up with you too, good night, see you tmr ~ ^^

You put your phone to the bedside table and focus back to Him Chan. You told him that both of you should peak at the present that you two sent to each other. And only allowed to open it on the day itself when both of you are webcamming because you wanted to see his reaction when he sees your present for him. He agreed and both of you continued to talk about stuff. You also told him about Kai, starting he was jealous that Kai still likes you, but you assured him that you wouldn’t fall for him, cause he already have your heart. Him Chan giggled like a girl when he heard how cheesy you are. The conversation continued for an hour or two until you yawned and he told you to go sleep since it’s almost midnight.

“Go and sleep my dear princess, I don’t want my beautiful princess to have panda eyes tomorrow.” He smiled to you. You hugged your pillow and nodded.

“Good night oppa!” You waved at him and gave him a flying kiss.

“Goof night my beautiful princess~” He did the same action and you giggled.

After ending the call, you turned off you laptop and plop onto the bed.

 

Your sleep was disturbed by the alarm clock, you dragged yourself out of the bed and did your morning routine, after preparing you heard a honk outside your house and you knew that it’s Yong Guk. School was normal today, nothing special happened so far. When school ended, you told Yong Guk that you’re going to hang out with Kai today. He nodded and told you that he’s going to hang out with the rest of the BAP members at his house, asking you to join them if you want to. You told him that you’ll pass on that cause you wanted to spend a bit more time with Kai today. Yong Guk, Kai and you walked to the car park together, since Kai also owns a car. You saw the rest of the BAP members standing in front of Yong Guk’s car, you waved goodbye to them and got into Kai car.

Kai drove you to the café that both of you used to hang out a lot in the past. The café brought back lots of memories. Both of you spent almost every weekdays there just to chill and study, sometimes even going there on weekends when the exam periods are near. You sat at the empty table and he went to get some drinks for the both of you. You observed the café, it didn’t change a bit for the past few years. The only thing that changed was the workers. Kai came back and told you that the worker is going to serve the drinks to use in a while. Both of you started talking about the memories had in this café, but was soon interrupted by a voice.

“Jong In!” A mid-age woman came to the table, you soon recognise her as the boss, you examine her, winkles were shown at the corner of her eyes when she smiles and there were few strands of white hair.

“Oh! Eun Young right?” She turned to you and smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Auntie Oh.” You greeted her and gave her a big smile.

“Aigoo~ it’s been so long since I last saw you. Look at you! You’ve grown to a beautiful young woman.” She praised you and you blushed. Kai dragged a chair over for Auntie Oh to sit and 3 of us started chatting. I’ve also found out that Kai have been coming to the café every week for the past 4 years other than the 2 years that he was in the states. Soon the drinks were served to us and I stared at it amazed.

“It’s still your favourites right? Chocolate lava cake and caramel Frappuccino?” Kai asked. You nodded.

“You still remember?”

“Of course!” He gave you an eye smile.

“Aigoo~ both of you looks cute together.” Auntie Oh said which made Kai blushed.

“Ani, we’re not together, we’re just friends.” Kai said and gave a small smile.

“Oh… What a shame, I have been hoping that you two will be together, I wanted to watch you two until you get married.” She chuckled. Both of us blushed, not knowing what to say.

“Alright, I have to go back to work now, enjoy your food.” Auntie Oh stood up and patted both of heads before walking back to the counter. After she left, were was an awkward silence between the two of you. Kai cleared his throat and started the conversation, soon we were back to normal, laughing at some stupid things that we’ve did for the past few years and talked about random stuff. You didn’t realise that time passed so quickly, you look at your phone to check the time and realise it was already pass 8.

“Kai, I have to go home now.” You said and stood up.

“I’ll send you home.” He got up with me and you nodded. Both of you said good bye to Auntie Oh and walked to the car. You lean the way to your house and Kai followed the instructions, after 20 minutes of driving, the car finally stopped at the front of your house.

“I enjoyed today, and thanks for the ride home.” You said and unbuckled your seatbelt.

“I enjoyed it too.” He gave you his eye smile.

“I’ll go now, drive safely and text me when you reach home, arraso?”

“Yes madam~” He salute to you. You were about to open the door when he grabbed you hand, you tilt your head and look at him.

“Can I have a hug?” You asked while playing with his fingers and you giggled at his action. You didn’t say anything but just lean forward to hug him, he hugged you back tightly. Both of you stayed in that position for a few moments and you pulled away.

“I have to go now. Good night Jong In.” you smiled to him.

“Good night Eun Young.” You nodded, got out of the car and closed it. He watched you walk to your doorstep, waiting for you to get in before driving away. You turned around and wave at him for the last time and went into your house. You fished out your phone and texted Yong Guk, reporting to him that you just got home. You placed your phone on the dressing table and went to shower. After you got out from the shower, you check you phone and saw that Kai texted you, saying he has reached home. You replied shortly and on your laptop, waiting for Him Chan to online. You spent another few hours talking to him, for some reasons, both of you can never run out of topics to talk about. You were kind of glad that both your love still feels the same, it felt like he have never left but you still misses his touch and comfort sometimes, but you were getting used to it already.

Kai’s POV:

I’m really glad that I’m able to talk to Eun Young like how we used to talk. It felt like nothing changed between us, except the fact that she doesn’t feel anything for me anymore. I plop down onto my bed and raise my hand and stared at the leather bracelet that she ‘gave’ me. “How I wish I could turn back time.” I sighed. “I don’t think I can forget you that easily, Eun Young-ah, I’ve fallen too deep for you. I swear if your boyfriend ever hurt you or let you shed a tear, I will snatch you away from him and make you fall for me again.” I told myself.

 

A/N: I’m sorry if this chapter is boring, promise that the next chapter will now be boring as this! A storm is going to happen in the upcoming chapters, so be prepared! hehe