Chapter 27

When he left you and went to the states

Yong Guk’s POV

2 months has passed, I and Eun Young have been seeing each other almost every day, it’s like we’re inseparable. Eun Young spilled everything to me that night when she broke down in my arms, after knowing Him Chan cheated on her, I couldn’t help but get so angst about it. If only I have confessed my feelings to her before Him Chan did, she wouldn’t be so hurt and damaged like what she is now. Maybe she would have accepted me and we would be happily together now. Eun Young was starting to move on, though I could see that she still loves him, she looked different now. The girl that always has a bright smile on her beautiful was gone. She still smiles often, but I know it was all the outer appearance only. I could see the dullness in her eyes, there wasn’t any sparks in it.

I still don’t get it why would she still agree on webcamming with Him Chan once every week, I know that she’s hurt every time she sees his face but I don’t get why does she still want to do it to torture herself.

Flashback

“Oppa, I need to get home by 9pm, is that fine?”

“Wae? I thought we’re gonna have a movie marathon tonight?” I pout

“Mian oppa… I promised Him Chan oppa that I would video call with him on every Friday…” Eun Young spoke softly.

“What?! He still have the guts to face you? This time I’m not even gonna side my best friend, he hurt you so deeply, why are you still so kind to him?!” I could feel my blood boiling, Him Chan don’t deserve such a perfect girl like Eun Young. I walked to the kitchen to get myself a cup of ice water to cool myself down. Eun Young walked behind me and called me.

“Oppa… We agreed to just be friends now… It’s normal for friends to video call right? And…. I-I miss him too… I cant blame him if feelings fade, it was never easy to maintain a long distance relationship… I couldn’t be there for him when he needs me, I understand that it’s fine for him to find someone better than me… A-As long as he’s happy, I’m happy too, even if I’m not the one making him happy…” Eun Young’s voice was shaking when she said those words, I could hear soft sniffing from the petite figure behind me. I know clearly she’s sobbing even when I didn’t face her. I sighed and turn around and pulled her to my embrace, hoping that she would stop hurting because of Him Chan.

“Don’t think about those unpleasant memories from now on, I don’t wanna see you getting hurt again because if him… You have me now, I’ll be by your side no matter what, I promise… Eun Young, try to move on arra? Oppa hates to see you in this state, it hurts me…” I stared into her eyes and wiped her tears away. She nodded and used her sleeves to dry her wet face.

“Nae, oppa… Thanks for everything…” She weakly smiled to me and I kissed her forehead.

“C’mon, atleast watch one movie with me? And I’ll drive you home later, deal?” I gave her a gummy smile and she chuckled softly.

“Nae!” she smiled to me, I pulled her back to the living room and played the movie. I wrap my arm around her and she snuggled against my chest. How I wish time would just stop here, I don’t want this moment to end, having her in my arms.

Flashback ends

Eun Young’s POV

It’s Friday, which means I’m going to have a video call with Him Chan oppa. We have been doing this for 2 months already, starting seeing his face just hurts me a lot, but things started to turn better, the aching feeling in  my heart has lesson, but it still wouldn’t go away. Every time when we video call, I would keep a mental note that ‘we’re just friends now, see him as a friend and you’re able to move on. Don’t think him as your ex-lover, you wouldn’t hurt if you don’t think that way.’ I was staring blankly at my laptop screen waiting for his call. Not long later a video call came in, I checked the time and realise it was only 8:50, he was early. I clicked the answer button and Him Chan’s face instantly pop up on the screen. You look at his face, admiring it for a few seconds, wishing you could feel him now, but you pushed that thought to the back of your head.

“Annyeong!” Him Chan greeted in a cheerful tone, giving you the biggest smile.

“Annyeong.” You smiled to him.

“How was your week?” He started the conversation first, it was almost the same questions every time both of you video call, but you don’t know why it didn’t bore you. You told him what you’ve been doing the whole week including the time when you were spending with Yong Guk.

“It seems like you’ve been getting closer to Yong Guk lately…” He pout signalling he’s jealous.

“Ya, we’ve been hanging out a lot, I kinda enjoy that.” You said and grinned.

“Ya~ I don’t like it! Don’t get so close with him, I’m jealous.” He pout again, for some reason, the way both of you had conversations felt like the same, he would always say he’s jealous when you mention any guys even if it were his own best friends. You know clearly that it was a habit for him to act this way.

“Oppa… there’s nothing to be jealous of, me and Yong Guk have nothing going on and… you and I are just friends now… stop acting like how you would when we’re together…” You said softly, but loud enough for him to hear.

“Babe- Eun Young ah… I… *sigh* Can we start over again?” He asked, almost begging. You look at him, searching for sincerity in his eyes, no doubt he was serious about it.

“Oppa… I thought we’re over this conversation? You said we could be friends… I think it’s best if we stay this way even though it might hurt us, but keeping a long distance rela-“

“I love you, Eun Young.” Him Chan cut you off, you desperately wanted to reply him the same but something just stuck in your throat, stopping you from saying those 3 words to him.

“I know you’re afraid, I know you don’t want to be hurt again, and I also know you still love me as much as I still love you. So please come back to me, I know it would be hard to maintain a long distance relationship, but I promise I will make it work this time, I wouldn’t screw it up I promise.” He plead like a small kid begging for his mom not to abandon him.

A tear ran down your cheeks after hearing what he said, you quickly wipe it away and smile at him.

“Oppa, it’s late, I should go to sleep now.” Clearly you were avoiding that conversation with him, I know that if you hear one more word from him, you would definitely give in. You tried your best to stay strong and fight that urge of wanting to be with him again. You were way over the incident that happened between him and that girl Eun Ji, but you just don’t know what was holding you back from giving him a chance again.

“Eun Young baby please!” he begged.

“I’m gonna sleep now, good night oppa.” You fake a smile and quickly click on the red button on the screen to end the call.  You sigh and plop back on your bed. You place your hand on your chest, it was starting to hurt again and it’s hurting really badly. You shook all the thoughts away and went to sleep.

You groan when you heard your phone ring, you blink and realise it was already morning, you checked the clock on our bedside table and realise it was only 9am. Your eyes were puffy due to the cry from last night. You lazily grab your phone and answered.

“Yobeoseyo?”

“Aigoo, is my baby girl still sleeping?” The familiar deep voice chuckled.

“Oh.. Yong Guk oppa, nae, you woke me up.” You pouted even though you know he couldn’t see that. You heard him chuckled again.

“Lets go to the beach today with the rest of the members, the weather is really nice! I’ll be reaching your house with the rest in about 20 mins.” Yong Guk said.

“What?! But I don’t feel like going anywhere today.” You pout again.

“Stop pouting and go prepare. It would be fun!” Yong Guk chuckled.

“How did you know I was pouting?” You asked.

“I just know.” He answered.

“Faster go prepare! Oh ya! Remember to bring a few set of clothes too, we will be staying at the penthouse near the beach for the weekend.”

“Nae oppa!”

 

A/N: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR