New People

Under The Rose Petals

 

                Second period was uneventful and I was extremely thankful for this outcome, even though I fell asleep halfway through class. Once the lunch bell chimed, I darted from the class and almost skipped my way to my locker; I couldn’t wait to taste mom’s delicious cooking. The halls were once more littered with people making their ways to their lockers and the lunch room to buy lunch. Some sat on the floor of the hallway already eating and my stomach growled at the thought of eating food. From this morning, I had discovered that Myungsoo’s locker was next to mine so I shoved my lunch box into my bag once more and skipped off to the lunch room in hopes that I won’t have any run-ins with him. It was crowded as always with students bustling around and chatting up a storm, or yelling at one another. I spotted Lily sitting at our usual table, but what I saw was surprising. I had stopped in my tracks, students around me laughing and eating, but this didn’t bother me at all. Oh no, it was the group of people sitting at the table with her. I sighed and reluctantly walked over. Lily spotted me and rose up from her chair to run and meet me halfway, throwing her arms up into the air.

 

                “Eri!” She called to me, her eyes sparkling, “How were your classes? Mine were so boring without you!” She said once she was standing in front of me. She had a pout on her face causing me to let out a light chuckle. She embraced me in a hug and I patted her back before pulling away to look at her. Lily was, in my eyes, was amazingly beautiful. She had straight black hair that almost reached her waist and hazel, cat like eyes. Her skin was perfectly clear of any imperfections and she had smooth pale skin. Not to mention her wonderful hourglass shape that made all the boys lie down and worship her. The one thing I liked most about her though was the fact that she was humble and sweet to everyone around her, although at times she could be a complete airhead she never took advantage of her good looks.

 

                “Oh how I missed you so, Lilybug.” I said shaking my head as she linked her arm through mine and marched our way back to the table. I took my seat in the empty chair behind her and looked at Dongwoo who was sitting in front of me. He was busy scarfing down what must have been on today’s cafeteria menu; pepperoni pizza and fries. When I turned towards Myungsoo though, my eyes narrowed and I let out a quiet scoff, he had to be the only one to eat a salad for lunch. When he caught me staring, he locked his brown eyes with my green ones and smirked. “What? I need to remain beautiful, don’t I?” He cocked an eyebrow, making me roll my eyes and look at Lily’s lunch which was a wonderful lettuce and tomato sandwich. From the corner of me eye, I saw Myungsoo pout knowing I wasn’t paying attention to him and shoved a forkful of lettuce into his mouth. Lily smiled at me and that was when I noticed the five other boys at the table. Lily seemed to have already met them because she cleared and started introducing them.

 

                “This here is Sungyeol,” she gestured towards a tall looking boy with black hair and glasses. Upon hearing his name he looked up from his own pizza and sent me a bright smile, “hey there,” he waved and took a bite of his pizza. “Then we have Sunggyu.” She pointed to another boy sitting between Sungyeol and Myungsoo. He had almost chestnut brown hair and deep brown eyes. He seemed the most mature of all the other boys and I internally smiled to myself- finally someone who won’t annoy me. Sunggyu looked at me and smiled as well, “nice to meet you.”

 

                The rest continued through Howon, whom preferred to be called Hoya instead, and Woohyun who just looked at me without saying anything. Then there was Sungjong who made my heart instantly melt with how adorable he looked. He had sweet brown hair that looked soft to the touch and soft brown eyes. His skin was perfect – much like the other boys, but something about the way he looked at me and smiled had something screaming innocent child. “It’s so great to meet you, Noona!” He said, smiling brightly at me. Just from the way he looked had me wanting to take care of him instantly. I let a small smile spread on my face as I ped my bag.

 

                “And this, my fair people,” Lily said holding her arms out towards me in what must have been a grand gesture, “is Erica!” She yelled the last part causing me to look up and stare at her. “What?” She asked me turning back and taking a large bite of her sandwich. I pulled out my lunch box just as Myungsoo opened his mouth. “Erica, huh?” I stared up at him with a warning glare, but it was soon directed towards Dongwoo. “French fry suits you so much better~” He laughed and took a bite of an actual fry. At that moment, thoughts of setting him on fire crossed my mind but I pushed it away and opened my lunch, calmed down by the sight of my mom’s well cooked food. Everyone stared at my lunch which consisted of homemade sushi, fried meat, and a small blueberry muffin for desert. I my lips and grabbed my chopsticks, ready to dig in.

 

                Everyone else was engaged in a conversation about only god knows what while I was savouring every single bit of my lunch. My attention was regained when a melodic voice rung in my ears. “Noona?” I looked up to see Sungjong had a nervous look on his face as he eyed my last piece of sushi. I smiled up at him, “do you want this?” I asked him, picking it up as he nodded happily. I fed him and he ate it gratefully, thanking me politely once he finished. I smiled as well and closed up my lunch box, the only thing left was my delicious muffin. I didn’t get to savour it though because a hand reached over and grabbed it from its place.

 

                “Yah!” I screamed looking up in time to see Myungsoo taking a large bite, “are you looking to die!?” I questioned him, furious that he took my beloved food. He swallowed and smiled at me. “Don’t want you to get fat, now do we?” He took another bite, finishing the entire muffin. My eyes burned with rage and I was about to get up and slice him with a plastic knife but Lily slid her half eaten brownie in front of me. “Here, eat this, I can’t finish it.” She smiled down at me and I returned the smile, hugging her side quickly before diving into the brownie.

 

                “We’re going to get ice cream after school today; do you guys want to join us?” I heard Lily ask the seven boys. They must have nodded their agreement because Lily screamed in delight, “Great! Meet us at Eri’s locker, ‘kay?” She said packing away her lunch container. They all said something in agreement just as the bell rang for third period. Lily and I had a spare block so we made up our minds to go in the school courtyard to hang out and relax.  After saying good bye to everyone, we started walking through the deserted hallways.

 

                We engaged in mindless chatter under the shade of a giant tree until Lily became silent in thought. After a few moments though, she turned to face me, “what do you think about the guys?” She asked me. I looked at her and shrugged, not really knowing myself. Sunggyu had been really nice and I found out he was in my math class along with Hoya and Woohyun whom all said they would tutor me after Lily told them I at that class the most. Hoya had a great knowledge of music and promised to show me a few dance moves sometime after he heard I like dancing. He was really easy to connect with, but I wouldn’t say we were close friends yet. On the other hand, Woohyun, who didn’t talk much, had a lot of things in common with me and I had the urge to get to know him more. Sungjong was going to literally be the death of me because of his innocence and how adorable he was. He was also super polite and I just wanted to pinch his cheeks, wrap him up with a bow and take him home. Sungyeol was constantly trying to engage me in the conversation, but in a way that didn’t annoy me. When we were going to throw our garbage out, he happily took charge and carried it all for us, and he was very polite which I liked. Don’t even get me started on Dongwoo and Myungsoo though; the both of them annoyed me to no end. Dongwoo either teased me about my height, or he made jokes about the things I could do being as small as I am. Myungsoo just pissed me off with his attitude and cockiness. Though, when it came to his friends, I could see how nice and caring he was and he was actually kind of funny, none of this I would admit out loud though. Lily was patiently waiting for my reply staring at me intently.

 

                “They’re okay,” I stated, “I like some more than others, but they’re alright.” Lily nodded her head and smiled at me. I could see in her eyes that she was hiding something, and when I asked her about it, she lightly blushed and pulled out some grass from the dirt in front of her. “Hoya and I share our two morning classes together.” She said wistfully causing me to smile in understanding, my eyes sparkling with a mischief of its own. “Lilybug, do you have a crush on Hoya already?” She looked at me with wide eyes and gasped. “I do not!” She screamed at me in denial making me fall back with laughter. “What about you and Myungsoo, huh?” She yelled at me, her hands her hips. “Every time you looked away from him or ignored him out of spite, he always pouted and fought for your attention!” She retorted causing me to stop and glare at her. “I don’t like him; he’s a piss off and needs to drown in a lake.” She smirked at me waving my comment away, ending this conversation here.

 

                “You okay with them tagging along?” Lily asked me as the bell rang and we were getting up. She was referring to them coming along with us after school and honestly, I didn’t really care if they did join us or not. We made it to the doors and before we pulled them open, I sighed. “Yeah,” I replied to her earlier question, “as long as stupid Dongwoo doesn’t steal my ice cream.” At this, my best friend laughed and shook her head, opening the door to the busy and crowded hallway. I didn’t enjoy being with a large group of people, but for some odd reason, I didn’t mind having them around, and as I made my way to my last class of the day, I found myself eager for the end of the day. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~!

OMG I ALREADY HAVE THREE SUBSCRIBERS!

I want to thank you a lot for subscribing, omg * u*  *bows deeply* I hope you look forward to my future updates <3

Also, if there are silent readers, why are you silent?

I'd like to know if you like this or not and if you have any pointers you'd like to give me would be much appreciated :D

Nothing is really going to happen until the next chapter which i'm slowly editing and erasing and starting over and fixing some more so aticipate~

Ole~