The Awful Beginning

Under The Rose Petals

 

                The bus wasn’t that crowded today, and for that, I was thankful; an empty bus meant I could sit down for the 10 minute ride to school. I had my headphones in and was listening to music, ignoring much of what was happening around me. I got off the bus at my stop and walked the extra three minutes to the front steps of the school.

 

                Students were everywhere, already in their little groups. Some were running to hug their friends they hadn’t seen, others were already talking loudly and yelling joyfully to one another. My head was beginning to hurt with all the noise. I briskly walked up the few steps, waving at people occasionally as they called out my name in greeting. Pulling open the front doors, I walked in and rolled my eyes; the inside resembled much of what was happening outside, except it was much more crowded. I pulled out my multiply folded class schedule- first class World History. I smiled, happy to at least have one of my favourite courses first period. I looked at all the people and huffed, blowing my bangs from my eyes and walked to my new locker up on the second floor.

 

                I was surprised to see that this floor wasn’t crowded like the one below it, but I wasn’t about to complain as I reached my locker and stuffed my unneeded materials along with my sweater into it. It was quiet up here, almost too quiet and it didn’t give me a good feeling until a heard a screech from a rather high pitched voice and loud, booming footsteps coming towards me.

 

“Eri!” The voice screamed to me. I turned around and was tackled by my best friend, Lily. “I’ve missed you so much! How are you? What classes do you have? What are you—“ I stopped her little question period by slamming my locker shut and glaring at her. “I’m fine, we have a spare at the same time, we checked when we got them mailed to us, remember?” I answered her questions in one go before throwing my bag over my shoulder and walking down the hall, “and I’m getting ice cream after school!” I heard her let out a laugh before running up to walk beside me. “I want chocolate!”

 

                Lily walked with me to my class before giving me a tight hug, saying she’ll see meet me at lunch, and walking across the hall to her class. I chuckled at her actions. How could she stay my friend when we are complete opposites? I had asked this question when she started talking up a storm to me in grade three and after following me around for days, I guess she grew on me. Our sense of style was also the opposite, while I preferred jeans and a tee-shirt; she loved dressing up in designer clothing and following the latest trends. She was loud and obnoxious sometimes, and I was quiet and relaxed. How we became friends, no one will ever know. Shaking my head, I turned to enter the empty classroom, taking a seat in the back near the window. No one had entered yet and there was still five minutes till class, so I put my head down, looking out the window.

 

                Eventually, the bell rang and students piled the hallway outside the classroom, some students entering. Some people greeted me and I waved back, but the people that knew me for several years knew I wasn’t much of a talker, only asking the basic questions of how my summer was, where I always replied with a simple answer of “It was nice.” Once the class had settled, the teacher, Ms. Jung, walked in, two tall boys trailing in behind her. The shortest one had his hands in his front jean pockets and he had wavy like light brown hair, dark brown eyes and a slim body. He had a goofy grin on his face as he looked over all the students in the room. The other was really tall, and might I say, beautiful as well. He had dark brown hair, almost black with brown eyes, much like the other guy. He wore nice clothing and I instantly knew Lily would have the hots for him. He wasn’t very muscular either, but he walked with great confidence. What ticked me off about this second guy was his smirk as he noticed all the girls staring at him with what must have been appreciation for what was put in front of them. It was a cocky smirk, and I knew I wouldn’t like this guy.

 

                “Alright class, these are two new students to the school so please take care of them.” Ms. Jung looked at all the students before continuing, “boys, introduce yourselves please.”

 

                The shorter one took a step forward. “Name’s Jang Dongwoo, nice to meet’cha!” He bowed and did a small salute before stepping back so the other could introduce himself. “Hey, the names Kim Myungsoo, but I’d prefer you to call me L.” He said, giving a heartwarming smile before bowing, then, of course, he needed to wink at the end. Typical playboy. That was when I realized that I wish I was more social because there was an abandoned seat in front of me, and next to me. It wasn’t that people avoided me or anything, quite the opposite actually, it’s just, y’ know, the not really talking to others that often. I groaned and put my head in my hand as the teacher told them to take the exact seats I didn’t want to be vacant. They approached, not saying anything, except the tallest one, Myungsoo, took the seat beside me, saying hello with his deep, annoying voice, as the other, Dongwoo, took the seat in front, smiling at me and nodding a hello. Myungsoo sent me what I guess was a flirtatious smile, but I just rolled my eyes and opened my notebook, choosing to ignore him. At some point during the class, I stole a glance at Myungsoo, who was also looking at me. He seemed happy to see that I might have a slight interest in him, but I just rolled my eyes and looked away, not fast enough to see a pout form on his face. I’d never admit it out loud, but it was a little adorable.

 

                The class seemed like a heck of a lot longer, with Myungsoo trying to talk to me and having to work hard not to snap on him every time he spoke, but the bell soon rang and I slammed my notebook shut, the front page full of doodles, and whisked out of the classroom. Looking at my schedule I noticed I had Physics and groaned; a class I knew I would fall asleep five minutes in. I sighed, going to my locker to retrieve another notebook and place my World History one in. I was minding my own business when I heard a deep voice coming from my left, the same voice I was ignoring all class. “Hey there, why’d you ignore me in class?” I turned to him and glared, noticing from the corner of my eye, all the girls swooning over him already. How pleasant. “Really?” I asked him as he shrugged his shoulders, trying to pout cutely. I just shook my head and glanced up as the other one, Dongwoo approached us with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

 

                “Well hello there, little French fry, how do you do?” He asked me, patting the top of my head making it obvious that he was taller than me. I glared up at him and swatted his hand away as he let out a laugh. “I’m not a French fry, don’t call me that again.” I said before stomping away. I already knew I was short, I didn’t need his mocking on top of that. I heard Myungsoo laugh along with Dongwoo before a loud “Sure thing French fry!” was heard from the both of them. This is why I hate people, and why I stomped my way up the stairs to my next class. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

Ahh, it's a short first chapter, but here it is, there will be longer ones, pretty sure the next one will be, heehee. I was suprised to see the amount of views this story actually has~

^Even though the number is small, I still felt like this. Anyway, I thank those who are willing to give this story a chance, and... yeah. Comment your feedback; I'd love to hear... read it (: 

Ole~