The Surprise

Under The Rose Petals

Edited?

[x] No l [] Yes 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                       When I woke up the next morning, mom was still asleep so, as quietly as I could, I got dressed for school and packed myself a jam sandwich for lunch. When I finally got to school, Lily and the seven boys were waiting at the front doors. Lily waved happily to me as I made my way over, me simply giving a small wave in reply. I took note on how Myungsoo was smirking at me and I gave him a dirty look back.

                        “Hey there, French fry!” Dongwoo yelled to me when I finally stood with the group. I glared at him as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and began leading me into the school. “Did you finish that homework we had last night?” I groaned as I remembered waking up this morning to a giant drool spot in the middle of the paper. “No, didn’t even make it through the first question.” I said as I climbed the stairs to our lockers. Lily ran up beside me and tugged on my arm, requesting my attention.

                        “So I heard from Hoya who heard from Dongwoo who was told by L that you were giving the boys a week!” Lily seemed too excited for the morning; much like my mother was after a good night’s rest. I wondered briefly if they were related, but I shook that thought away, they were much too different to be mother and daughter. I stared at the other boys who all smiled at me, except Woohyun of course who just stared into the very depths of my soul. I looked back up at Lily and nodded briefly before opening up my locker and throwing my unneeded things in. “That’s wonderful of you to give them a chance, Eri!” Lily said almost sounding as excited as a crack addict getting another fix. Almost. I also almost kicked her for yelling in my ear. “Yes, Lily.” I replied slamming my locker closed, “but is yelling this early in the morning necessary? Is anyone dying?” She pouted and shook her head. “Then shush.”

                        Myungsoo walked up beside me, his hands in his pockets. I glanced up at his expecting a seductive comment, or a snide remark about my appearance, but instead, he said, “hey, you can copy my work in class so you don’t get yelled at.” My face became one of surprise, I hadn’t been expecting this kind of behavior from him, and it left little butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I felt a smile spread across my face and nodded my head. “Thanks.”

 

~Myungsoo’s Point of View~

                        I couldn’t tell you why I was attracted to her, and I couldn’t tell you why I wanted her permanently in my life, but I did. Her outer shell drew me in, wanting to break it down and see the real her that was hidden underneath. I wanted to see who she truly was and get to know the real her instead of this fake front. Or was I really seeing the real her? I wasn’t sure, but I had this feeling that there was more to her than meets the eye; she had things hidden from others and I wanted to see those things. I didn’t have the greatest first impression on her, but hers was magnificent. At first I noticed her vibrant red hair, and then her green eyes. She looked like she was hiding something, like there was holding a secret. I didn’t notice anyone else in the room except her, and I was completely lost in a trance. She seemed so indifferent about everything, like she didn’t care what happened at all. I knew this was someone that I would want to be friends with. But could I allow more people in? I was scared to let anyone else enter my heart and I didn’t like the turning feeling I got when I glanced at her, so I had turned up the notch on jerk and pushed my nervousness down.

                        I didn’t think that knowing her for a day would be so tiring. Listening to her speak- when she did of course- and watching the way she reacted to certain things made me have to hold back on wanting to just hold her close to me. It was difficult to be a jerk all the time, but I loved seeing the way she reacted towards me when I made fun of her. It made me want to every day, just to see her pout and complain about me to Lily about how much she hated my guts. It didn’t bother me one bit. Nope, not at all. Last night I hadn’t been planning on kissing her cheek, or kissing her at all. But when I did my stomach did flip flops and I felt like I was going down a steep slope on a roller coaster. Her blush made me smile inside, and it made me smile too, although I changed it to a smirk which I later regretted doing. And then I received that call from her wanting to give us a chance. I had thought she would hate us forever, but I probably would have forced her to be with us anyway; I was that determined. I think I was too happy because the others commented that I sounded too happy and frankly, I didn’t know I had gone this deep for her even though I’ve only known her for such a short period of time.

                        Erica. She was such a mystery to me; a puzzle I couldn’t wait to solve.

                        Going back into present day, I walked with Erica by my side. She was silent as always until we entered class and sat down. Dongwoo started talking about an animal show he saw on tv last night as I handed her the homework sheet. She smiled at me and began quickly copying the work down. I noticed she was left handed and smiled at how different she was from us. Was she mixed or something? Asians aren’t born naturally with red hair and green eyes. Or is it dyed and she’s wearing contacts? Why would she do that though, she doesn’t even seem to wear make-up. I continued to look at her until Dongwoo screamed.

                        “You aren’t even listening to me!” He complained. “Talk about friendship.” He crossed his arms as I simply stared at him.

                        “It’s alright Dongwoo. I was listening.” Erica was looking at him smiling. “Don’t mind MyungMyung. Now, you were on the part about the giraffe, right?” Erica returned my sheet, having copied it all down and was staring contently at Dongwoo as he smiled and went back into his animated discussion. I tsked at the nickname she had given me, and decided her name would forever be munchkin. Two could play at that game.

                        Today, the teacher gave us a free period, letting us talk amongst ourselves after giving a short lesson and a worksheet to complete at home. Erica had her hood up over her head, listening to music as Dongwoo doodled images onto her worksheet. I chuckled to myself. They seemed like siblings already and I could tell they were getting close in a weird sort of way. I became slightly jealous that she was already warming up to the others. She seemed to respect Sunggyu and almost treated him like an older brother, Dongwoo and her were almost like twins and they constantly teased one another. Woohyun and Erica seemed like they had a lot in common as well. Although the two hadn’t talked to each other much, they seemed to have a mutual understanding of one another without having to communicate. She and Hoya were close only because he liked Lily, and it was obvious that Lily liked him back, but they both enjoyed some of the same music and both loved to dance. Sungyeol and Erica shared the same sense of humor, and she also treated him like a sibling. With Sungjong, she treated him like her little brother and was always trying to take care of him. At lunch she shared her food with him if he was still hungry and even straightened out his clothes when they were “disorderly” as she called it. I couldn’t stop the jealous feeling that over took me as I thought about her and I. We always fought with each other and we constantly disagreeing and complaining about one another. I found it enjoyable because she looked adorable when she was mad, but I don’t think I could say the same.

                        “Everything alright, Myung?” I heard Erica ask softly. “Not that I care,” she quickly added, her very own smirk on her face. “I just didn’t want holes in the side of my head from all your staring. It’s kinda creepy too.” I felt my face get warm and quickly turned away. “I was just thinking how much you look like a kola bear, that’s all.” I retorted, earning a scoff from her. And thus began our bickering, soon gaining the whole classes attention when we started yelling random insults to one another.

                        “You arrogant, ugly coconut!”She screamed just as the bell rang for second period. I laughed at that and gathered my things, her doing the same. “We’ll continue this at lunch,” she said just before we split ways, “my dear Myungsoo.” She laughed almost evilly as she walked away. The sad thing was, was that I didn’t see her at lunch, and Lily wouldn’t tell us where she was either. I found it weird but I didn’t press the issue.

                        I got detention in gym class for throwing a basketball at a kids head. When I reached the detention room, I saw Erica sitting there in the back row, her black hoodie up and her feet propped up on the desk, the teacher looked up and told me to sit down wherever, so I chose the seat next to her. “Why are you here?” I whispered to her making her pause whatever she was listening to. “Told the teacher to screw off second period,” she stated. I laughed lightly and leaned back in my chair. I wouldn’t have expected any less. “I was in his office listening to him tell me about respect and such and such.” She said before yawning. “Such a drag.” I nodded in agreement and stared forward. We didn’t talk for the rest of the hour, but that didn’t bother me.

                        When we left the school it was pretty dark, and being the gentleman I was, I offered to walk Erica home. She seemed to debate it for a while until she finally agreed. The walk was quiet and the street lights began illuminating the streets. This was the first time I had seen her house and was surprised that it was a two story. I lived in a small bungalow with only my mom. Erica was silent and as we stood there in front of her door. My hands were in my pockets and I rocked back and forth.

                        “Thanks for walking me, one less day I don’t get !” She said jokingly. I smiled at her as she smiled too.

                        I didn’t know this would happen next, but I couldn’t help myself as I became captivated by her beautiful smile and I leaned in.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

updating at school 'cause I'm a rebel yo~

Anyway, I tried to leave as much suspense as I possibly could, and that's the best I could do. I was being harassed to update by a certain someone, so they're suffering.

Please comment and whatever, I just hope you like the story so far. chapter next? I think so!

Ole~