One Week Only

Under The Rose Petals

 

Editied?

[xYes [] No

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

              I had gone home in quiet a daze as I was still in shock over Myungsoo kissing my cheek like that. I don’t think I have experienced something like that before, and I couldn’t deny the warm feeling traveling from the spot he had kissed me throughout my entire body. When I got home the house was empty and quiet; mom was still at work and she won’t be home until close till midnight. After dropping my bag on the couch, I went into the kitchen to make myself some instant ramen. I wasn’t the greatest cook in the world and this was the only thing I could make that would be edible in the end, no matter how unhealthy it was, it would have to do. It only took me a few minutes before I was eating comfortably on my couch while watching a random movie on a random channel I had flicked to. I couldn’t exactly focus on the apparent horror movie because Myungsoo was still invading my mind. I wasn’t a hundred percent sure if I would let them in, even a little bit, and this issue still required a lot of thinking. At that moment, my phone blared out Lily’s ringtone and I decided to answer it.

              “Hey Lily,” I said, taking a large mouthful of ramen. “Eri, I didn’t get to tell you about what happened with Hoya. Oh my good graciousness, you are going to be awed into oblivion!” She said super excited. I let out a chuckle, allowing her to tell me what happened.

 

~ Lily’s Point of View ~

              We had just left the others and were now walking down the quiet and empty street. I was a complete nervous wreak because Hoya was here with me, I had never thought I would like someone like I liked him and it was strange because we had only just met. Despite this though, it felt like we had known each other for a long time. Hoya was walking beside me with his hands in his pockets, looking down at the ground.

              “So…” He trailed off, a slight smile on his face. I didn’t know how to start the conversation either and just repeated the same thing he said. It wasn’t until a few moments later that he spoke up again. “So you’ve known Erica for a while?” I was surprised by his question, not understanding exactly why he would ask something like this, but I answered it anyway. “Yeah I have, why?” “Oh, just that you guys seem like complete opposites of one another.” He replied back. I knew what he was talking about, a lot of people have told me that exact same thing, but I had always answered this in the same way. “Yeah I know, but I love her and she’s been my best friend since, like, grade three. It’s actually a really funny story.” I laughed at the memory as Hoya told me to tell him, that he would love to hear it. So I went into this long ramble of how I had seen Erica sitting on the school swing all by herself and I had placed the duty upon myself to talk to her. Whenever I asked her something, she would reply with the simplest of answers and I continued to talk to her, even though she rarely ever replied back. Eventually I had started following her around school and included her in everything that I did. At some point, she seemed to enjoy my company, or at least that’s what I thought, and she began to open up to me more and we became best friends. It’s a weird story of me stalking her, but hey, it worked.

              When I finished my story, Hoya busted out in a loud fit of laughter and even had to stop walking. I frowned at him and crossed my arms. “I don’t think it’s that funny, but go ahead and let it all out.” Hoya gripped my shoulder in an attempt to hold himself up, and I felt the warmth radiate from his hand. I suppressed the shudder that wanted to rack through my body and instead cleared my throat. He sobered up and we began walking once more, wiping the few tears that had escaped in his laughing fit. “So…” He said once again, making me look up at him. “Do you think Erica likes us?” He seemed genuinely concerned, which led me to the thought that I too should be concerned, I mean, I like these seven boys that have come to our small little school and added some extra excitement to our lives. I too found it strange that they were persistent on being our friends, but I also found it nice. I knew very well that Erica doesn’t like new people and doesn’t like change that much, but she was also the kind of person that just went along with everything without a second thought.

              “Well,” I began, tilting my head to the side and wrapping my baby blue sweater tighter against me. “Erica will eventually just go with the flow and come to accept you, just don’t rush it and give her time.” I wasn’t looking at Hoya, or anything at all, I was more so looking at past memories in my head of people wanting to be friends with Erica, but her not giving any reaction at all. People didn’t hate her, they just thought it was weird and un-lady like of her to be so passive and not care what happens. I finally realised that we had come to my houses front gates and I finally looked up at Hoya. “Well, this is me,” I said looking at my dark and probably empty house. Hoya was looking at me and he smiled, “hey,” he said, diverting my attention back to him, “let me give you my number.” I smiled and took out my phone to give to him while he gave me his. We exchanged numbers and I was just about to unlock the front gate when he leaned in and kissed my forehead. I stood shocked and I maybe should have done something, but my body didn’t want to do anything at all. “Well, call me later so we can talk more, okay?” He said, ruffling my hair before walking away. “Yeah.” was all I could say before walking into my house.

 

~ Erica’s Point of View ~

                “And that’s when I called you to tell you all this but you never answered!” She screamed in my ear, not really sounding as angry as she should have been. I was surprised by what happened between the two of them. Not because they openly talked about me, I could care less about that, but how she felt about all seven of them. I knew that if I told her I didn’t like that at all and didn’t want to be friends with them, she would go along with me and get away from them as well. I let out a sigh and knew what my course of action was going to be. Myungsoo had stolen my phone and had put in his number, saying something along the lines of “in case you get lonely and need me to make you feel better, I’m good with my hands, I can relieve your stress my love~” I remember having gagged and telling him that I would never call him, but I never deleted his number either. After talking to Lily about random nonsense that I wasn’t really paying much attention to, something about parents flying to New York next week for a wedding she wasn’t invited to and then going to New Zealand for a fifth honeymoon. These things, I didn’t really care about.

                After hanging up the phone with her, I finished my now cold ramen and went upstairs to take a shower. When I was dressed in my shorts and a baggy tee shirt for bed, I stared at my phone. I had wished that I could call any of them except Myungsoo, but I didn’t really have a choice so, with a sigh, I picked up my phone and made a phone call I knew I was going to have nightmares about.

                “Ah, so I see you want me to make your stresses go away, huh, you naughty girl, not that I mind.” He said suggestively which caused me to pretend to gag. I knew there was a smirk on his flawless face and it made me annoyed with his existence. “No, you ugly coconut, I have something important to tell you so listen closely, I’ll only say this once.” It was quiet on the other end before a small, “go ahead,” was heard. I sat on the edge of my bed before proceeding. “You have exactly one week, beginning tomorrow, to convince me that you guys are as awesome as you have led others to believe, and that you’re worth my time.” Myungsoo laughed, but it sounded confident like this was going to be a piece of pecan pie. Boy, he didn’t know what was going to come to him. “Alright,” he replied, “I’ll let the others know about this.” I was about to hang up when I heard him say loudly, “see you tomorrow my adorable munchkin!” I hung up and slammed the phone down on my bed. The nerve of that guy, I just want to strangle him and toss him out the window onto a pitch fork and watch his perfectly contorted face as he bled out. I shook the violent thoughts out of my head and opened my Word History notebook and textbook, ready to get those three questions done for homework, but of course, I ended up falling asleep at my desk again halfway through the first question, Myungsoo’s laughing face at the convenience store when I screamed and hid behind him when I saw a spider still fresh in my mind, making me smile in my sleepy state.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

Hurra for an update!

I really don't know what to put here because I have nothing really to say, so here, -throws a bunch of myungsoo's- ENJOY!

 

 

Alright, that's enough. 

Ole~