Where You Stand and Running Away

Under The Rose Petals

 

                When I finally reached the math room, Sunggyu and Woohyun were standing outside waiting for me. Sunggyu waved to me, a smile on his face while Woohyun remained the emotionless person he was. I nodded towards them, adjusting my bag on my shoulder and walked into the classroom with the two boys trailing behind me. Hoya was deep in conversation with another group of boys and when he spotted me his face brightened and he waved his hand high in the air.

 

                “There you are, Erica!” He shouted towards me causing everyone in the class to stare. It wasn’t every day that someone was particularly overjoyed to be in my presence besides Lily. I still knew many different people, and many people also knew me, we just never engaged in a ground breaking conversation; just the simple hellos and how are you. Because of my lack of really wanting to be the social butterfly, people just steered away from me when it came to a social setting, not that I minded or anything, honestly I could care less but it worried most of my teachers. I once was extremely social but due to a series of events, I decided it’d be easier to breeze by and not care. I glanced at Hoya as I walked by to get to the back of the class and rolled my eyes at him. He grinned and jumped off the table he was sat on, “hey, wait up!” He called after me and too made his way to the back. Hoya took the seat in front of me while Sunggyu took the one to my right, Woohyun on my left.

 

                “Really?” I questioned as I took out the needed utensils for the class out of my bag. This math class wasn’t that full of students - probably 15-25 – and they decide to take the seats around me; stupid boys. “Is this what’s going to happen all the time?” The three boys looked at me and Hoya reached over and ruffled my hair. “You’re such an adorable munchkin, let’s all be friends!” He exclaimed, laughing as I tried to swat his hand away. Sunggyu chuckled at our little interaction while Woohyun appeared to be smiling slightly, but when I glanced over, it disappeared and he became emotionless once more. Once the math teacher addressed the class and Hoya finally turned around, I puffed my cheeks out and blew my bags up off my forehead. From my left I heard a faint chuckle and an “adorable.” The voice was deep and even though it was a whisper, I could still hear it perfectly, causing my cheeks to turn a light shade of pink.

 

                Throughout the class, Hoya and Sunggyu helped me out with the review worksheet that was given to us to work on the entire period. Woohyun silently worked on his sheet, but I noticed he sent quick glances in our general direction. Class went by quicker than expected and I was surprised to see that I was coming out of my shell little by little, and I have only known the boys for a full day. I had been smiling and arguing with the two boys the entire class and didn’t notice how much more I was talking than I usually did. I never thought that a group of people could get me to be this way; even Lily had some difficulty sometimes to get me to form long sentences. I got to know Sunggyu and Hoya a little bit more, and I also found out some things about myself as well. When the bell chimed for the end of the day, I got up and gathered all my things, walking out of class with the trio. “Hey, we’ll see you at your locker,” Hoya called after me. I had already begun walking away, but I waved to them in response before disappearing around the corner.

 

                At my destination I saw Myungsoo and Sungjong already waiting. When the little maknea spotted me, he did a little jump and smiled brightly. “Eri noona!” He called, his sweet, melodic voice ringing through my ears causing me to smile wide and pat his head when I approached. “Sungjongie, how were your classes?” I asked, ignoring Myungsoo’s presence and unlocking my locker. “It was great,” he responded, “I met a bunch of nice people!” Sungjong stuck his hands in his pockets and rocked on the balls of his feet as I threw on my sweater and noticed the others coming down the hall. “French fry!” Dongwoo called, placing his arm on my head to lean on me. I narrowed my eyes at him, causing him to let out a hearty chuckle. I hadn’t noticed Myungsoo fuming until he grumbled something under his breath and grabbed my backpack and shoved everything into it, throwing it at me as he slammed my locker shut. He didn’t say anything until his back was turned to the group. “Let’s go,” that’s all he said before walking away, Woohyun following and walking beside him. I looked at Lily as she stood next to Hoya who also began walking after them and when Lily turned to me, she shrugged her shoulders, running to catch up with her beloved soon-to-be. I dragged myself after them, Myungsoo officially having spoiled my mood. Sungyeol and Dongwoo walked alongside me as we followed the group.

 

                The entire walk consisted of Dongwoo and I teasing each other, and Myungsoo and I arguing about the most random things. The thing with Myungsoo is that he always showed the arrogant, self- centered, jerk face personality, instead of his sweet and caring side that would come out briefly every time someone would stumble, or Woohyun got startled by a barking dog. I actually liked the caring side of him and just when I started admiring him and realising how wonderful his smile was when he laughed at Dongwoo’s jokes, he would look at me and say something along the lines of, ‘I’m good looking, aren’t I, Erica?’ while he cocked his perfect eyebrow and winked his gorgeous brown eyes. I internally slapped myself for thinking such lies. Myungsoo being gorgeous? Not with that personality. What surprised me the most though, was that every time I would focus on one of the other boys, he would pout and sadness would cloud his eyes for a brief moment. Something about his bottom lip jutting out and how he had the lost puppy look made me want to hold him. I didn’t of course, I’m not that stupid. I shook my head of these thoughts and jogged up to the ice cream shop doors.

 

                Once everyone ordered their ice cream; me with chocolate mint, Lily with cookie dough, Sunggyu with vanilla, Dongwoo with banana- chocolate swirl, Hoya with plain chocolate, Woohyun chose raspberry, Sungyeol with cotton candy, Myungsoo with strawberry, and Sungjong decided on a vanilla milkshake, we all went outside to enjoy our ice cream. Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Sungjong and I sat on the ground in front of the bench that the others were seated on. Everyone had finished their ice cream in a matter of minutes except me who was taking their precious time in savouring the sweet and minty taste of the frozen dessert. The light September breeze was cooling the still slightly humid air making it still feel like summer wanted to hang around a little longer.

 

                “I have so much chemistry review to do tonight!” Lily cried throwing her head back. I chuckled at her and took a of my ice cream. I too had homework but I wasn’t planning on doing it anytime soon. “I’ll take you home then,” Hoya said patting Lily’s head. Her eyes shot open as she stared at him in surprise. “R-really?” She stuttered as he nodded his head, getting up and pulling her with him. I couldn’t help but laugh at the situation as I waved at her, “have fun,” I said as she stared at me in disbelief. “Lily unnie!” At that she screamed at me, storming away. She hated it when I used honorifics and preferred that I don’t use them, but this time it was necessary to get the two of them alone.

 

                It was a few moments after the lovely duo had left that things really got out of hand for me. It was quite and I was in a little world of my own when something drastic happened. I knew something like this was going to happen, and why it caught me by surprise is odd. However, it wasn’t Dongwoo stealing my ice cream, it was Myungsoo leaning down and taking the largest bite out of my holy ice cream. I stared wide eyed as he leaned back, content with himself with his stupid smirk on his face.

 

                “Yah!” I yelled at him, anger evident on my face. “What makes you think you can just do that!?” He simply stared at me like what he just did was normal. I shoved my ice cream into the hands of Sunggyu before standing up and cracking my knuckles. “It’s just ice cream.” He said rolling his eyes, “besides, it’s fattening and we can’t have the princess getting fat.” I made a noise of frustration before stomping my foot and crossing my arms. I know, childish of me right? But food is so delicious and he’s taking it away from me so I can act like this. I heard him chuckle as I sat back down on the grass as he ruffled my hair. “You won’t get away with this, Myungsoo.” I stated as I stared at him, already planning my revenge. He cringed when I said his name, “Don’t call me that.” He said shaking his head. “I want to be called ‘L’, remember?” I stared at him before smiling evilly. “Alright, Myungmyung.” Everyone laughed as Myungsoo scoffed and leaned back, taking my ice cream from Sunggyu and finishing the last little bit.

 

                As we were walking home, my thoughts had gone in many different directions, mainly on how the boys were treating me. Didn’t they just meet me? Is this how people treat people they just met? I decided to address the issue, but it was only met with laughs and smiles. “It’s because it was love at first sight for all of us, French fry!” Dongwoo exclaimed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “You’re also the only interesting person in that school.” Sungyeol added with a smile. I wasn’t sure how to react since I’ve never had this many people want to be around me in a long time, that I acted upon instinct. I pushed my way out of Dongwoo’s hold and turned to face them. “Well, I don’t like it, so don’t act so friendly. We just met and this is kind of weird so I would like you to please leave me alone. If you hadn’t noticed, I’m not very social.” I took a breath, avoiding their eyes before continuing. “You can be friends with Lily; I don’t care what she does, but I won’t be so inviting.” When I finally looked up they all stared at me in something that almost looked like sadness and for a moment, I wanted to take it back, but I didn’t. I didn’t wait for their reply however, and turned and jogged my way home, leaving them in the middle of the sidewalk.

 

                When I got home I went straight to my room, avoiding my mom’s questions on how school was; it wasn’t something I wanted to think about. Despite my protests however, my thoughts went to how much fun I had had with them and how normal it felt to be around them. My phone went off with Lily’s ringtone, probably to tell me what happened on her way home with Hoya but I didn’t want to listen to her right now so I shoved my phone under my pillow to drown out the noise. Was I too cruel to them? Should I have given them a chance? “Tsk, stupid girl.” I muttered to myself as I opened my math notebook and started on my review sheet.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

An update~ Daduum!

I don't know what I feel about this chapter and I feel like I rushed it (even though it took me two days...) and I'm sorry it seems that way, I'll make more updates more interesting (and better) in the future <3

More action will be presented to you in the future so look forward to it~ Comment your opinions and such and such~

Any spelling and/or grammar mistakes? Please let me know, this isn't edited so..  .-.

Ole~

(because himchan is my ultimate bias and that's what I'll look like if I ever meet him <3)